Start by marking “The Bad Boy Next Door (Dangerous Desire, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bad Boy Next Door (Dangerous Desire, #1)

The Bad Boy Next Door

(Dangerous Desire #1)

The Bad Boy Next Door is a gripping tale about a dangerous man and the woman who is willing to take a chance for the ultimate reward…love! Award-winning erotic romance author Lexxie Couper does it again with her new contemporary romance about risking it all for the bad boy next door!

He's dangerous.

He came into my life when I was sixteen. Tattooed, ear pierced, ripped jeans
Published March 18th 2016 by Book Boutiques

To ask other readers questions about The Bad Boy Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bad Boy Next Door

Start your review of The Bad Boy Next Door (Dangerous Desire, #1)
Tessa
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Well, a friend reccomended it, and I tried it. I think it'd have been far better if we got to know the characters past the insta crush. Maybe that's the type of book this is? I don't know. However, I think the award for the biggest eyeroll is she was gay/bi until he was naked on top of her. (Yes, seriously) I'm still not sure if she decided after dating a few guys to be fully gay or if she decided to say that after they had sex. At first she said she was bi.

Either way, it was hot but the plot l
alana ♡
May 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
So this is what happens:

1. MC finds out bad boy neighbor is pulling himself out of some deep shit when he turns up in her room one night (and that he's always loved her because DUH)
2. The next day they have sex 3?(maybe four) times
3. One day later they are planning on forever and ever with each other *insert picture of me with my eyes so far in the back of my head they never come back*

ALL IN A WHOPPING 150 PAGES!

This probably could have been really good as a full novel with A LOT more explanatio
Gina
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
A hot quick read with an unusual plot! Loved it!
Chera
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ever wonder who the boy next door really is? Ronnie thinks she knows Lucas, the bad boy next door. His family moved in six years ago and Lucas has been in trouble since the beginning, he's mocked Ronnie, disappeared for days, months at a time only to return beaten and bruised. The police come looking for him, he's rumoured to be an enforcer for a motorcycle gang, and he always has money, serious money. Yeah, Ronnie knows Lucas is a bad boy. But she never knew how bad a boy Lucas is until he inte ...more
Geleen Faye
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-books
3.5 STARS

This is my first Lexxie Couper book and let me tell you, I am not disappointed.

Danni
Spoilers and explicit language warning.

I downloaded this as a freebie and while I didn't have the highest expectations this was still pretty ridiculous. There were too many plot holes for me to enjoy this, one minute the main character is bi, then she is suddenly a lesbian then is suddenly neither. I don't know what this author thinks bisexuality is, but whatever this was was not an accurate representation of everything. The insta-love was something I can handle, it happens often in novellas, so
Doris
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Exactly who is that boy living next door than emanates everything that a bad boy is from his sexy as sin good looks to his swagger? This is one crazy, hot, sexy, fast paced read that will have you reading it all in one sitting. You have gangs and corrupt cops all trying to keep Lucas, this MMA fighter, from the girl he has had to hide his love from. Will he be able to convince Ronnie in time that her life is in danger and she needs to come away with him immediately even if he has never seemed ni ...more
Ann
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book she knew he was a bad boy but she didn't know how much of a bad boy he was ...more
Coco.V
Jun 11, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (6/11/2018)!💝
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

The Bad Boy Next Door is kind of a departure from Lexxie Couper's normal witty and fun romances, this one reads more like a romantic suspense and it packs a punch or rather several. Violence, danger, sex and love all play a part in this story and it was action packed from start to finish.

Lucas and (Ronnie) Veronica's families have lived next door to each other for 6 years and in that time Veronica wasn't all that pleased with the handsome and
Vikki Bulmer
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Knock Knock

This was fast paced, full of action from beginning to end. It was sexy as hell and deeply gripping. Only problem I had was that there wasn't enough. I would of loved more to devour.
Maria Rose
This is a dark and sexy tale of two neighbours who have lusted after each other for years, but never acted on their feelings. But when Lucas shows up naked and bleeding in Ronnie's bed in the middle of the night with a dire warning, Ronnie soon finds out that her bad boy neighbour has been hiding a lot of secrets, secrets that could get her killed.

This novella is definitely not lighthearted. It's intense and action packed, and hella sexy, as it becomes apparent that Lucas is no longer going to i
Phuong
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Bad Boy Next Door by Lexxie Couper was a sexy, fast paced and action packed story from beginning to end. I enjoyed reading this different storytelling by one of my favorite authors. Lucas and Ronnie had this raw passion between them that just intensified and they scorched the pages. This author seriously know how to write naughty sex scenes that have you needing to cool off. I liked how Lucas would risk his life to keep Ronnie safe and she was no shrinking violet either; I loved her strength ...more
Jenna
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I hope this is a new avenue that Lexxie Couper will be visiting again soon.
This is a new and refreshing book from one of my favorite authors.
Lucas and Ronnie are high octane and in your face from the word go. The sex is erotic, the story is wicked, and you won't want to put it down until the bad guy gets his ass kicked.
Happy Reading!
J.S. Snow
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hooks you in and grips you right from the start. No one can write a hotter sex scene than than this writer. You find yourself fanning your face from all the heat coming off of your tablet and then praying the thing doesn't zap out on you because of the words jumping off the page. The story is intriguing and like all of Lexxie's work, will intrigue you to the very end. ...more
Cyn Mistress Kitty
This was definitely a hot story but would have been much better if there had been more of a backstory and just more info given in general. Too much info missing and therefore made this story confusing.
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 2,5/ 5 stars

This is was really weird. I feel like nothing was really explained well. So many weird things happened, with the main plot, with the relationship. Hmm, just no. It was dissapointing.
~ Cariad ~
Apr 02, 2016 rated it liked it

I could probably squeeze 2.5 stars out of it?
...Nothing else to add I'm afraid.
Nothing Like A Good Book!!!! wood
Quick read!!!! Loved it!!!!
Feyheart
Apr 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Seriously get bisexuality right

I would have loved this book. But for whatever reason the author decided to make the lead female waffle between saying she is bisexual and then acting like that only means lesbian. Bisexuality means having an attraction to both genders. It does not mean the person is a lesbian. It does not mean the person is straight. It means attraction to both. That really annoyed the crap out of me. Other than that, the sex scenes were good. Since it seems to have a storyline th
donna
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bad boy, good girl

Lucas is the typical bad boy that every girl wants at some point in their lives. Veronica is the typical good girl, sort of. Although she tells Lucas several times she's bi...he doesn't believe it. This bad boy has fallen hard for his good girl neighbor but his life isn't safe. He does what he needs to, to keep her safe. But, it all changes in one night when he wakes her up in the middle of the night, naked & bloody. Find out what happens, the secrets that Lucas holds by readin
Nancy Fontaine
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Debbie Turk
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dark, Erotic & Deadly!!🔥💘😍

This is one sexy read that will also keep you on the edge of your seat and cheering on the good guys!!👍 Even if our hero is a tad dark & obsessed, he's done everything possible to protect his girl but now he needs to step out of the shadows & tell her everything!😱🙏💕

Debbie, 1970, UK
Colleen Sasser
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An action packed story.

This is a jam packed five chapters of action and turning pages. It is attention grabbing from the first page to the last. Lucas and Ronnie have great chemistry and an interesting relationship. It was s very satisfying short story and enjoyed.
Kristina
Dec 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this quick read. Truthfully, there was a little less angst than I like and I felt as though the intimate moments took over the plot, but overall, I liked it and plan on reading the next one.
Kristin
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was a good quick read. I really enjoyed the complexity that Lexxie gave Lucas.
Lisa B Buesing
Jun 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
Not well written at all. And seems to be missing a lot of plot points.
DarkRaven Reviews
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly thrilling and did not want to put it down for a second. Fantastic work.
Margarita
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bad Boy

Nice quick read. I liked that the book quickly built up to the plot and the progression of the story was quick.
Toni
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Pretty quick, action packed, and steamy read. I enjoyed it.

• Temptation on Ocean Drive (The Sunshine Sisters, #2)
  • Dirty Sexy Inked (Dirty Sexy, #2)
  • Dirty Sexy Cuffed (Dirty Sexy, #3)
  • Royal Baby Maker
  • Dirty Sexy Sinner (Dirty Sexy,  #4)
  • The Heir (Duke's Obsession, #1; Windham, #1)
  • Surprise Marriage
  • Crossing the Line
  • The Soldier (Duke's Obsession, #2; Windham, #2)
  • Possessive Daddy Next Door (Lofthouse Family #3)
  • Mr. Bossy Devil (Alphalicious Billionaires Boss, #2)
  • Take the Bride (Knight Brothers, #1.5)
  • Necessary Pursuit (Trinity Masters #12)
  • Wild Embrace
  • Taunting Callum (Big Sky Royal #3)
  • Penthouse Prince
  • Perfect Storm (Wild Scots, #2)
  • Hard Nox (Wild Scots, #1)
Lexxie’s not a deviant. She just has a deviant’s imagination and a desire to entertain readers with her words. Add the two together and you get darkly erotic romances with a twist of horror, sci-fi and the paranormal.

When she’s not submerged in the worlds she creates, Lexxie’s life revolves around her family, a husband who thinks she’s insane, a indoor cat who likes to stalk shadows, two yabbies h

Dangerous Desire (4 books)
  • The Good Girl In My Bed (Dangerous Desire, #2)
  • The Bad Boy In Cuffs (Dangerous Desire, #3)
  • The Good Girl In Trouble (Dangerous Desire #4)

News & Interviews