Start by marking “Daughter of Magic” as Want to Read:
Daughter of Magic

Daughter of Magic

Lilli sees things no one else does.

Desperate to make sense of the dreams and visions that have plagued her since childhood, Lilli confides in her closest friend: Devin, the boy she's fallen for.

Instead of questioning her sanity, Devin confesses to secrets of his own, which are far darker. His revelations about magic, witches and demons stun Lilli. But it's what he knows
Published March 15th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Daughter of Magic, please sign up.

Sabrina
May 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Checkout my full review + giveaway on my blog! http://omgbooksandmorebooks.blogspot....

Overall it was an okay read. I felt how lost Lilli was in the beginning when describing the loss of her father. Devin was a good character, an anchor for Lilli as she tries to navigate her way through life. However there are some cliche elements like damsel in distress type relationship and the over protective boyfriend.

It got interesting when she discover her powers. The Witches and Demons were apart of Lill
Jerecho
Feb 18, 2019 rated it liked it
A good story, but a tough journey. It's just something you think you know but in the end there's a sequel...
Topsues
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well I didn't expect that! This is the first book I've read by the author Teresa Roman, and I'm glad to say it wont be the last. This is a very well defined story, which has nearly every aspect of life, grief, betrayal alongside trust and love, amongst many, many more emotions. I found that the realism I felt from the characters is what drew me in and kept me hooked until the last page. Teresa Roman has a great ability that enables you to get lost in a great storyline. There is just enough infor ...more
Maggie
An older teen becomes orphaned upon the death of her father. At the graveside ceremony, Lilli is drawn to a weeping woman in the distance, but when she seeks the woman out, she’s not there. Her best friend, Devin, comforts her and stands by her in her grief, as does her aunt.

Lilli gradually picks up the pieces of her life, but strange things start happening, and a strange woman seeks her out. All is not as it seems, and Lilli learns about her startling heritage. Soon, she and Devin are on the ru
Valery
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Another teen stalker/love story. Why does everyone have to think a boy stalking a girl is romantic? Not me. I call foul. These kind of stories give our teen girls the wrong idea of what a relationship should be like.

Grammar had some punctuation issues, poor sentence structure, and awkward sentences that are missing words.

For my clean readers:
Includes teen drinking, violence, kidnapping, marital abuse, stalking, and sexual intimacy out of wedlock(not descriptive).
Carla
Jul 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This books was okay. It was cute and a little strange but overall not bad.
Coco.V
Jun 14, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon today (6/14/2018)!💝
Peggy McAloon
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Daughter of Magic is a Coming of Age - Paranormal & Urban fantasy written by Teresa Roman. I chose the book to explore more fully other authors of fantasy and Roman is not an author I've read before.

The book does contain sexual intimacy out of wedlock and teen drinking which my clean readers may find objectionable. There are also some editing issues such as missing words in sentences that are mildly annoying.

The storyline is engaging and many readers who enjoy paranormal, fantasy, and romanc
Jeanne Brewer
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Decent paranormal romance but needs help

Characters were mostly believable and plot started off well. So her mother is not really dead and her bio dad is not nice. She sees strange creatures that most folks don't see and is beginning to think she's flat losing it. Enter a guy with incredible eyes and watch the plot evolve. Really enjoyed the first 60% or so and then started having trouble understanding why characters acted as they did. Scratching my head a lot as I reached the end of the book, I
Jane
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
When a young woman's father dies suddenly, she discovers that nothing she believed about her life nd family was true, and the truth will leave her in danger.
Well written paranormal suspense, this is the first of a two part series that spans two "worlds", the modern day west coast of America and a "the Wilds", a world of witches, shifters and magic.
Part romance, part suspense, all great reading.
ROBIN CONKEL-HANNAN
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Witching with a switch..

Refreshing, a love story without promiscuous graphic sex.. Teresa Roman creates wonderfully believably beautiful characters who do amazing things.. With her writing she brings a new slant to an age-old subject.. Looking forward to reading more of her books.. Great reading for young and old alike..
Theresa Kelso
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wild Magic

The story is very good, it took several turns I didn’t expect. Young love, sadness, anger and hope go hand in hand. One life over another beginning. Will Lilli and Devon be able to stand together and stand strong against the forces I anticipate trying to separate them?
Tiffany Noble
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nicely done

I’m at a loss for words. When everything you think is real turns out to be a lie, it takes a special person to overcome the lies. This book has been on my to read list for so long but I’m glad I read it. Now I gotta find out what’s going to happen next.
Sheila Ryals
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
😻

Was a really good book. After a bit of a book hiatus glad I chose this one to read first.
Annabelle Garcia
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretty good

I had a little trouble getting into the book at first but once I got past the first couple of chapters it wasn't too bad.
Ethan Xie
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Awesome magical thriller with lovable characters, you would literally feel their emotions!!!
I. Loved. This. Book.
This. Is. the. best.
Lena Muo
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was drawn to this book when I started to read it. Lili can be infuriating sometimes but I liked her tenacity. Can’t wait to read the next book
Patricia Goodson
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Death , darkness and Love

The girl who has her father die. A friend who is more. A mother believed dead alive. An adventure to excite and a mystery to learn.
books are love
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wasn’t sure how I would like since I haven’t read many urban fantasy but this was beyond what I thought it would be. Devin loved him. He was so much like a kid in a candy store when it came to our world. I thought I would be creeped out by him with the stalking like tendency towards Lilli but when you here why you just feel that it was sweet. I felt for him when he had to tell Lilli the truth of everything. Poor guy he got the brunt of it all and wasn’t treated nicely due to fear and anger. Lill ...more
Rae Sontheyon
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Whole World With Witches And More. . .

I was surprised by this novel, unsure if the romance or plot line at times would be to cliche, the author would throw a curve ball changing my mind. Dealing with the supernatural most book have a been there done that feel, but this novel felt new, just needs a bit more depth and expanding at points. The heroine was not a damsel in distress and even with an overprotective boyfriend, readers are in for an adventure.

The death of her father makes eighteen ye
Carey Fletcher
I enjoyed the parts of this book that took part in the magical world. The imagery of the world was beautiful, the magic was enthralling, and the action was exciting. I just wish there was more of the book that took part in the magical world.

The main character Lilli has suffered a lot and I found myself sympathizing with her. I liked Devin, the love interest in this book. However, he was a bit too mysterious to me and there were a few times where he was just a little over the top with his prote
Elisabeth
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is such a terrific book and I think anyone who likes a proper mix of reality and fantasy will love it. It starts in the world of reality, with Lilli losing her father and dealing with that loss, and there is an edge of fantasy as we learn that she is "haunted" by her long-lost mother. Pretty soon it becomes clear that there's something special about Lilli that she doesn't know, and her swoon-worthy friend Devin is the one to tell her the truth about her past. Devin is everything you'd want ...more
Jo
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an intriguing, multi-layered story. Written in a slightly naive voice, this is, superficially at least, a story of magic and other worlds. On a deeper level, this seemed to me at least, to be a story of teenage discovery and growth - uncovering truths about love, self and her place in the world.

The tentative relationship development is explored in a careful and frustrating manner, and is, on the whole, engaging.

It's true that for some of the threads dealt with in this book, as a reader
Laura Reading
I did not know at the beginning that this is first in a series but I had my suspicions, it just had that feel. The world building was slow at first but then done well enough. I am sure it will be expanded upon in future books. The characters are not multilayered or deep but you get their essence adequately. There were a few moments when Deven had my creepy stalker radar working.

This is fantasy coming of age with some added twists suitable for NA teen and above readers.
It would make a good book c
Rachelle Campbell
A magical story that deftly weaves suspense throughout. Teresa did a fantastic job building the characters (especially 18 year old Lilli, the heroine, told in first-person perspective) and the setting (small town in Northern California). The only downside is...when will we find out what happens next?
Linda Lewis
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An exciting adventure. I really enjoyed reading this tale that takes part in two worlds. Lilli is very much a modern teen, but she’s more and, as she discovers, the guy she’s fallen for already knows that. Lilli’s quest for the truth about her mother leads her into another realm full of dangers she must learn to overcome.
Frank Petsick
Apr 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Good read,,,, but?

Could of been a great book if author hadn't developed characters to be young morons with no common sense. It's really hard to get into characters that are that out of touch..
Ayanami Faerudo
Actual rating: 1.5... or maybe 2?

Notes:
*You would take advantage of what he feels for you so you could get what you want?
*Somehow, the idea of a man trying to kill a girl because she was borne of your wife with a man other than you is quite... smh
Naomi
GOODREADS GIVEAWAY WIN.

A bland aggregation of young adult fantasy conventions with not a quirk, subversion, or indeed spark of originality in sight to alleviate the dullness of cliched interactions between 2D characters.
Marie Godley
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting read with witches in both an urban and fantasy setting.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Courting the Darkness (Courting the Darkness #1)
  • Spell of Desire, Vol. 3
  • The Reaper (The Children of Wisdom #2)
  • Collier (Phantom Lives, #1)
  • Midnight's End (The Raven Queen's Harem #6)
  • Millennium Snow (2-in-1), Vol. 1: Includes Vols. 1  2
  • For One Last Kiss (A Grim Reaper Romance, #0.5)
  • Troubled Spirits (Spirit Voices #1)
  • 純血+彼氏 5 [Junketsu + Kareshi 5]
  • Caught: Katharine (Blood Courtesans)
  • Mating Behavior
  • Through His Eyes (Mind's Eye, #1)
  • Hansel (Gretel, #3)
  • Mitsu Aji Blood, Vol. 02
  • Once in a Blue Moon (Beaux Rêve Coven, #1)
  • The Only One (End of Days, #3)
  • This Time (Grace Allen, #3)
  • A Hoboken Hipster in Sherwood Forest
My absolute favorite things in life are my family and books. In fact, my love of reading is what inspired me to become a writer. I love the way stories can take you to another time and place.

I currently live in beautiful Sacramento, CA with my husband, three adorable children and a doxiepoo named Parker that my son convinced me to adopt. When I'm not at my day job or running around with my kiddos,