Start by marking “The Secret Formula (Chompy & the Munchy Bunch, Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Secret Formula (Chompy & the Munchy Bunch, Book 1)

The Secret Formula (Chompy & the Munchy Bunch, Book 1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  10 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Chompy, a carrot with superpower eyesight; Salty, a potato chip who's a bit untidy; Candybar, a chocolate bar who plays mischievous pranks; and a haunted mansion where it all comes together in THE SECRET FORMULA, the first book in the Chompy and the Munchy Bunch Series.

When Chompy learns about a carrot formula that gives super-powered eyesight, he knows he must find it! B
Published March 4th 2016 by Bdm Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Formula, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret Formula

really liked it 4.00  ·

Lynda Dickson
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ages 3+
Shelves: children
Chompy the healthy carrot, Salty the potato chip, Candybar the candy-eating trickster, his little sister Cupcake, and Weiner the dog visit the abandoned Peppa Mansion to find out more about Doc Peppa's supereye carrot formula. They all get a fright, but is the mansion really haunted?

The characters all have distinctive characteristics and mannerisms, and the illustrations by Lauren Goldstein match up well. The author uses words to great effect to further enhance the images in our heads (e.g., "A
Laura Thomas
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought the idea of a carrot wanting super-powered eyesight was funny. When I was little, to get me to eat carrots, my mother told me they were good for my eyesight. Now a carrot that munches on carrots needs a secret formula. Kind of cute.

Crunchy, the carrot, has some fun friends too. Candybar likes to play pranks, along with his little sis, Cupcake. Weiner is a dog and likes everyone. Then there’s Salty, a true friend to Carrot. I’m just not sure which food group he comes from.

Carrot and his
Lilyn G. | Sci-Fi & Scary
Can't say that I was overly impressed with this but it's not bad. I feel like it's not quite where it needs to be to hit the age-range appropriately with dialogue. However, the illustrations are simple and use bright colors which catch a child's eye. The story is super simple and easy to follow. You may enjoy reading this 'scary' kids book with your child (but I'd maybe wait for a price drop on the kindle version. While I might pay 3 bucks for the paperback, I can't see paying it for the kindle ...more
Stacie Williams
Awesome book for children

I thought this book was awesome and a great short read for kids. It's fun, silly and entertaining. I voluntarily reviewed the book. The opinions in this review are my own. I recommend to all families.
Susan Day
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Secret Formula: Chompy & The Munchy Bunch is a delightful book which will appeal to a range of young readers. The illustrations are lovely and comically reflect what's happening in the story. This is a great book to use in the classroom or the home if you want to encourage children to eat healthy too. I mean, who doesn't want super powers, especially ones from a carrot?!! This will make a great addition to any child's library.
Kristine Hall
Review of Volumes 1 & 2: These books are silly and fun with illustrations and characters children will love. They are super quick to read, engaging, and each has a full plot line to enjoy. These stories feel just like what they are -- a creative response to when a grandchild says, "Gramma, tell me a story!"

Especially in book two, Search for the Hidden Treasure, author Nancy Beaule uses lots of figurative language. This not only enriches the story, but it would be a great way to teach even t
Gina Hott
Apr 22, 2017
jacky
Jun 28, 2016
Jana Leah
Dec 31, 2016
Normandy Piccolo
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What happens when a fraidy-cat, a curious chap, a sneaky sidekick, a tag-along sibling and a four-legged companion decide to pay a visit to Peppa Mansion to locate Doc Peppa’s super eye formula? A mysterious plot shrouded with twists, turns and unexpected discoveries ensues. But, will they find the formula? And, which one of the fortune-hunting five will be clever and toss in a naughty prank for a little extra entertainment?

Nancy Beaule has written a real eye-opener with, ‘Chompy & The Munch