Start by marking “Okay (Something More, #2)” as Want to Read:
Okay (Something More, #2)

Okay

(Something More #2)

Librarian's Note: this is an alternate cover edition for ASIN: B00SSMCZX2.

After the horrors she’s survived over the past year, Rory never expected to find the one thing she certainly wasn’t looking for – love. But after the painful realization that her past has left her a dangerous liability to the person she cares for the most, she finally understands that for her and Sam
Published March 2016 (first published February 24th 2015)

Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
I'm totally not going to lie, I loved every long drawn-out angst filled moment of this book! Note this is not a standalone...this book picks up after the crazy events that rocked Rory and Sam...the ultimately broke them apart.

"It's not the frequency of good times versus bad times that matters. It's the magnitude of the bad times, the damage done"

No truer statement when it comes this tale. Keeping it simple...Rory and Sam connected at first run in. She was zoned out just passing time to get thru
Snow
Abso-fuckin-lutely amazing read...

If I could pick one song to present the essence of this story it would be cause of these lyrics

If I had to live my life
Without you near me
The days would all be empty
The nights would seem so long

With you I see forever oh so clearly
I might have been in love before
But it never felt this strong

Our dreams are young and we both know
They'll take us where we want to go
Hold me now
Touch me now
I don't want to live without you

[Chorus:]
Nothing's gonna change my love for you
Natalie The Biblioholic
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: abuse, dual-pov, new-adult
The writing was on point as it has been throughout this series. The feels hit right from the damn start and didn't stop until the very end. Gahhhhhh!! I loved it!!

Short and sweet...

I obviously loved Sam and Rory. She wasn't so annoying in this one. Okay, she was in the beginning, but she earned back my love pretty quickly lol. Sam. Sam. Sam. He made this freaking story. The fact that this book is told from both of their perspectives absolutely made this incredible for me. I don't want to reveal
Debbie I Heart YA Books
This was an amazing finale to Rory and Sam's beautiful, heart touching love story. Even though I love Sam, my heart still breaks for Cam. I'm very glad to see Danielle Pearl allow Cam to have a place in Rory's heart, although Sam is the love of Rory's life. That a part of Cam would always be a part of Rory. This second book is definitely all about watching the process of what Rory and Sam struggle through to bring healing to their lives as well as their hearts. With their family's as well each o ...more
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

2.5 Stars!

The Review:
I’m totally giving all my stars to the story itself, which I loved, but this book had a lot of what I disliked about the first book. It was filled full of rehashed internal monologuing. So much so, I actually skipped over a lot of the repetitiveness. One conversation would take up three or four pages with only four lines of actual dialogue because of all the internal monologuing! It was just TOO MUCH!

The first book totally “w
Lauren
The writing was pretty redundant. I looked it up, Sam called Robin "that motherfucking bastard" 40 times...
Big Joe  Rossi
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Normal, book 1 was amazing, this was great but a tiny step down. Still a great read.

The past has come back full circle for Rory and in doing so pulled her friends and especially Sam into its path. Despite the love she feels for Sam she knows what she must do. End things. He will never be safe, she will never be normal, his future will be at risk with her and her past. So she does just that.

Same gives her time but he struggles a lot with doing so. How can they play friends when really she was al
Amber
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5-4 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐

As with Normal, the writing was just lovely. I got pulled in by the story and the character. This time however the story was told in dual POV and I enjoyed it immensely. It made it so much better!

This book was a bit frustrating though. The back and forth between Rory and Sam was too much at times. And some scenes were just unbearably long.

Overall though I really like Danielle's writing style and very much look forward to her next book.
Aly Locatelli
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*sighs happily*
Fiza
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just when Rory and Sam's relationship has progressed from friends to lovers, Rory's demons come back to haunt her. This time it scares her so badly that she immediately decides to put a stop to their relationship. She pushes him away but Sam doesn't know that her decision is fueled by her desire to keep him save.

Sam is left hurt and confused, he understands what Rory is going through and he tries his best to be patient and keep hope. But his hope is waning.

They're both facing demons of the pas
Alexa
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
I'm so glad that I could jump straight into this one after reading NORMAL. It's a really solid follow-up to its predecessor, though it really just reads as part of a larger story that could have just been one book. Still, it was nice to be around these characters (and to get Sam's POV!), and I liked the way it ended as well.
Hala
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: must-reads, six-stars
I cannot believe this story is over. No. I just won't believe it.
Sam and Rory's story? Over? Impossible.
They're staying with me forever.

What a book; what a series; what an author!

Non Spoiler Section:

The conclusion to the Something More series was everything I had anticipated -but even more! I got to witness pain and love and character development.

It was a truly breathtaking finale. I thought couldn't possibly love this series any more -I was wrong! The day I decided to trust my instincts and rea
Shannon Fay
This book was a little less heavy on the intense drama of life-altering and horrific trauma, and a little heavier on the teen angst. Now don't' get me wrong, I love teen angst, but I prefer my angst and anguish to be due to the previously mentioned life altering trauma, or you know, because of serious issues). And this particular version of teen angst, while in no small part, was underwritten by said trauma, was on the surface, about your garden variety teen romance issues (you know, the kind of ...more
Erica Raquel
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this a lot. The plot wasn’t my favorite because a lot of things could’ve been easily avoided but still was enjoyable.
There was some serious character development and that’s why I’m giving such a great rating. I loved seeing Rory go from weak-ish to a strong woman. It was beautiful.
4/5 Stars.
Emma-Jane
Jan 03, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
This was NOT Okay. It could have been 1/3 of the size and tagged on to the end of Normal. It did not need to be a whole book. The majority of the book is spent backing and forthing between being in love; being friends; being unsure if they are in love; unsure if they are friends; feeling guilty; feeling angry; back to being friends; friends who have sex? Hang on, are we in love again? Nope, back to friends; wait a second, I DO love you after all................. FFS.

There's angst and then there
Deserie williams
I Absolutely love this series! Great book! Perfect conclusion to Normal. I can't express enough how much I loved these characters (especially Sam)☺ Rory was amazing too. She finally realizes how strong she really is! A very emotional read, but so well written. I only hope we can get more about them maybe later in their future☺ fingers crossed!
Louise
Mar 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 - I like the characters - I just didn't like this book as much as the first one it was okay (pun intended)
Denise
3.75- 4 Stars

After reading Normal a few days ago, I had a feeling that the road to Sam & Rory's "Normal" and their HEA was going to be a bumpy one. Man was I right. There was such push/pull in this book (which I'm usually okay with)....it was crazy. There were times I just got frustrated with Rory's character. I got that she wanted to protect Sam so she pushed him away but then she went batcrap crazy over him talking with another girl. Yes, this is set during the high school years, so the ma
Melanie
Apr 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Finally finished Okay. And for me it was just... ok.

Rory and Sam's story is one I think that will stay with me a little while. It was long, hard at times and drawn out. I think its sad to know that their are 'Robin's' in this world. Some of us have been through what Rory did to some degree and as I said in my 'Normal' review I felt that Danielle (Author) covered Rory's feelings and the acts themselves well. I don't think Rory really grew in Normal, but in Okay there was a lot of growth and it wa
Deborah G.
I couldn't wait to get my hands on part two of this series & for the most part I wasn't disappointed. Rory drove me crazy with her back & forth in regards to Sam but when I stopped to really think about her reasonings, I couldn't fault her. She was just trying to protect him, his future & keep him out of harms way. In the end, we do see some justice for everything that Robin put Rory through although not nearly close to my satisfaction. The ending was sweet & yes there is a HEA.
Sourour  Chek
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it
i had a little difficulty to finish this one it was confusing as hell but i wanted to know how it would end between her and sam and she s gonna get here happy ending ..
Fyrephoenix
Great ending to Rory and Sam's story!
Southernbelle
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely amazing!

I inhaled book1 and book 2 was even better. Cap and Rory had chemistry beyond belief and I loved this story.
Hms
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Picking up where Normal left off, Okay is the continuation of Rory and Sam’s story.
Dealing with her attack in Miami has set Rory’s recovery and relationship with Sam back considerably. Rory feels Sam is better off without her in his life, at least safer and Sam feels exactly the opposite but respects her wishes.

The conclusion to Rory and Sam's story is riveting and the guilty get what the guilty deserve. Justice.
And maybe even Rory's piece of shit father gets his head out of his friend's ass.
Merrie
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It should go without saying that it is of the utmost importance that you first read Normal before jumping onto the intense ride that is Okay, but just in case you're not sure, now you are. Read Normal first.

I already knew going into this book that I was going to have to somewhat psyche myself up, emotionally that is. This book was everything I hoped, desired, somewhat feared, and wanted it to be. Okay will pick right up where Normal left off and will be told through the POV's of Sam and Rory.

We
Bianca
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

Words cannot express my love for the first book in this series, Normal. So I literally counted down the days until the release of Okay. Not kidding. I really did. Sam and Rory’s story was so moving. And I knew I needed to continue their story. While worried, I had faith in their love and all it was capable of. Their love truly attests to not only the power in love, but in the resiliency of the human heart and spirit.

“I know, deep i
Kristin Smith
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I loved this emotional roller coaster! One of my all time favorite book couples! I can truly see myself reading Normal and Okay over and over again! I think I may have found a new favorite author in Mrs. Pearl!
Carina Krantz
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg please continue this story

I loved this book. It gripped me from page one. I absouletely love Rory and Sam's story. I hope to continue to hear about them as Rory continues to over come her brutal past. Sam has been such an amazing help I'm curious to see how he resopnds to space. I want to see Rory get better and be more comfortable and as she does I wonder how their dynamic will change. Please give this book a chance. Its a wonderful read.
Nichole
Jun 03, 2017 rated it liked it
So... I don't usually leave reviews, but this one... Well, I just feel like I have to. I gave the first one 3 stars; overall, I wanted to give this one a 4, but there were some things that bugged me so much that I just couldn't seem to ignore them. So, sadly, Okay gets a 3 from me, as well.

Have you ever wondered how many times the F-bomb can be dropped in a single novel? The answer would be at least 469. Think about that... almost FIVE HUNDRED times! The main character of the book's name is only
Any similar books? 3 13 Jun 08, 2018 05:44PM

• Pepped Up & Ready (Pepper Jones, #3)
  • Bayward Street
  • Drops of Rain (Hale Brothers, #1)
  • Dare to Kiss (Maxwell, #1)
  • Tempted (In Too Deep, #2)
  • Hurt You  (Wrecked #3)
  • Finally...One Summer (Just one of the Guys #2)
  • Needing to Fall
  • The Someday Girl (The Girl Duet Book 2)
  • Disgrace (John + Siena #2)
  • Never Too Late
  • A Game Worth Watching (Worth Series, #1)
  • And for Your Information… (Butterfly, #2)
  • Haven's Knight
  • Put Me Back Together
  • Don't Tell
  • Lost (Lost & Found, #1)
  • The Queen B* and the Homecoming King (The Queen B*, #3)
Danielle Pearl is the Amazon and iBooks best selling author of the Something More series. She lives in New Jersey with her three delicious children and ever-supportive husband, who--luckily--doesn't mind sharing her with an array of fictional men. She did a brief stint at Boston University and worked in marketing before publishing her debut novel, Normal. She writes mature Young Adult and New Adul ...more

Something More (5 books)
  • Normal (Something More, #1)
  • In Ruins (Something More, #3)
  • In Pieces (Something More, #4)
  • In Flames
“Love is scary. But not as scary as living without the one person who makes your life worth living.” 0 likes
“I am lost to him. I never want to be found.” 0 likes