Start by marking “Seismic Crimes (Disaster Crimes #2)” as Want to Read:
Seismic Crimes (Disaster Crimes #2)

Seismic Crimes

(Disaster Crimes #2)

An Internal Affairs Investigator was murdered and his brother, Donovan Goldwyn, was framed. Now Donovan is desperate to prove his innocence. And the one person who can do that is the woman who saved him from a deadly hurricane—Beth Kennedy. From the moment their fates intertwined, passion consumed him. He wants her in his arms. More, he wants her by his side in his darkest ...more
ebook, First Edition, 282 pages
Published April 22nd 2016 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Seismic Crimes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seismic Crimes

Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
I feel as if I would have enjoyed this read more if I'd read book one in the series. I'll review and revisit once book one has been read :)
Dianne
They met during a hurricane in Florida and now Donovan Goldwyn and Beth Kennedy find themselves in another of Mother Nature’s furies in California as they follow the clues to find the murderer of Donovan’s IA Investigator brother. A catastrophic earthquake has brought buildings to their knees, injured and killed many and cause these two to be separated in the aftermath of total destruction. Could they get lucky and find the dirty cop has met his demise? Can they find the final proof that Donovan ...more
Sherry Fundin
Chrys Fey is a fantastic author who is always on the top of my reading list. She did not let me down in Seismic Crimes. Seismic Crimes picks up where Hurricane Crimes left off. The recap does not require you to read it first, though I would recommend doing so.

Beth’s journey continues with Donovan, which began in Hurricane Crimes, and now they are caught in an earthquake in San Francisco, being chased by a killer.

Is there such a thing as love at first sight? She risks a lot for him after knowing
Susan Swiderski
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
In the first book of this series, a Florida hurricane is the force of nature that brings Donovan and Beth together, and in this, the second book, a San Francisco earthquake is the force of nature that rocks their world and temporarily separates them. As much devastation as the earthquake brings, it may have also saved their lives from one of the killers intent on seeing them dead.

This is an entertaining, fairly fast-paced story, with realistic descriptions of the earthquake and its aftermath. I
Juneta Key
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Follow the crime leads from Hurricane to Seismic Disaster in this ongoing romantic suspense series

This is the second book in this series following the same characters. They started in Florida with Hurricane Crimes now in San Fransico with Seismic Crime. A fun romantic read with in pursuit of justice for the characters brother.
Lilly Gayle
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Seismic Crimes is different from most romance novels, as the hero and heroine have already confessed their love to one another…but did they confess too soon? Will their romance be reminiscent of Annie and Jack’s from the 1994 movie, Speed?

Jack- “I have to warn you. I’ve heard relationships based on intense experiences never work.”
Annie– “Okay. We’ll have to base it on sex, then.”
Jack– “Whatever you say, ma’am.”

We all know how that romance turned out–or at least, those of us who watched the less
Beverly McClure
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
A hurricane, a murder, and crooked cops do not sound very romantic, do they? But events sometimes work together in unexpected ways. In Author Chrys Fey’s novel SEISMIC CRIMES (DISASTER CRIMES BOOK 2) Beth not only survives Hurricane Sabrina, she also finds herself helping Donovan, a man she meets under strange circumstances, prove that he did not kill his brother.

And that’s just the beginning. Told from both Beth’s and Donovan’s points-of-view, the reader becomes a part of their story. Donovan’s
C. McKenzie
Jun 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
First Donovan must clear himself of a murder, then he can turn his attention to tracking down and capturing the dirty cop who killed his brother. What's quite evident is he needs Beth if he ever expects to do either. And from where we left off in Book 1 (Hurricane Crimes) Beth isn't about to walk away from this man no matter what danger he puts her into. She's already proven she's one resourceful and independent woman, now she's about to prove she can act when she's up against life and death sit ...more
Sherry Ellis
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Investigator, Donovan Goldwyn, was framed for the murder of his brother. The only person who can help clear his name is Beth Kennedy, a young woman who helped him during a hurricane. As the two become romantically involved, they find themselves travelling to California, where they endure yet another natural disaster: This time, an earthquake. It's a life and death battle, struggling to survive the earthquake and avoid being killed by the dangerous criminals.

Seismic Crimes is an action-packed nov
Toula
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Have it in audio
This listen is full of mystery , investigation , crime and lots of layers . It will grab you from the first scan till the end . Bill as the narrator was good. He has a great clear voice. You can tell the characters by his tone .

Hero is Donavon. Heroine is Beth .
Donavon gets a schock when he is accused of murder . He knows he’s framed but Donavon needs to prove it

Donavon and Beth meet during a hurricane in Florida. Just like the weather turning their lives upside down and side
Yolanda Renee
In Chrys Fey's novel Seismic Crimes, "Donovan is desperate to find the killer of his brother. Beth may not know everything about Donovan, but she can't deny what she feels for him."

Beth and Donovan met in Fey's short story, Hurricane Crimes, but her novel, Seismic Crimes finds them struggling to survive during an earthquake, a unique and solid story arc from this talented author.

Seismic Crimes picks up where Hurricane Crimes ended, but will Beth and Donovan discover true love at first disaster,
LLEP  Book Blog
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
The second book in this series is full of suspense.
The murder of Donevan's brother is one that he can't forget and actively seeks to find the other killer. Beth is is side kick and support network through everything.
This is a fast paced, action packed book that is hard to put down. The earthquake scenes are graphic and the reader really gets a clear image, although terrifying as it is written extremely well.
The threats just keep on coming on in this book and at the end there is a twist as well.i
Medeia Sharif
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A horrendous hurricane in Florida brought Beth and Donovan together, and another natural disaster, an earthquake in California, wreaks more havoc and adds more suspense. After Donovan's brother is murdered, with Donovan framed for the gruesome crime, he's out for justice and Beth goes through major lengths to assist him. This has a great mixture of action and romance that'll keep you turning the pages.
Lisa Thomson
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Action packed Seismic Crimes keeps you guessing. Beth is one tough heroine yet Donovan is equally heroic. The hot romance is a satisfying counterpoint to the crime and action scenes. Although it is not necessary I recommend reading Hurricane Crimes first to fully enjoy Seismic Crimes.
Robyn Corcoran
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
An action packed, exciting story which is fast paced and has some interesting twists. One minute you laugh and the you fear for characters.
An excellent second book.
Toi Thomas
This book picks up where the first leaves off and the story never slows down. Beth and Donovan have survived a hurricane and a murder attempt only to end up in peril again on the other side of the country. Before they face the dangers of earthquakes and drug dealers, the two do try to be a real couple.

Beth and Donovan begin a life together and are happy with the comfort and, steamy, pleasure they bring one another, but it’s clear that they both issues and pasts that could threaten what they hav
Melanie Lewis
Dec 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audible-books
Full disclosure here; I do NOT like romance books and I never listen to them. However, Bill Nevitt is such a top notch voice actor that I'm thrilled to listen to anything he narrates, so I plunged in! It was actually quite pleasant. The love story aspect was sweet, without being too syrupy! It was realistic attraction between grown ups. The thriller part of the book was also enjoyable. I especially appreciated the fact that Beth was a kick-ass female who's perfectly capable of taking care of her ...more
Scherry  at The Novel Lady
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Seismic Crimes is Book #2 in Chrys Fey's Disaster Crimes series. I have to say that this book kept me on the edge of my seat and turning those pages without wanting to put the book down even once! Chrys Fey created some amazing characters who were multi-dimensional and very likable. The heroine, Beth Kennedy, is a kick-ass, gutsy lady who teaches a self-defense class. Beth teamed up with Donovan in Book #1 when his car crashed in front of Beth's house in the middle of a hurricane. Now here they ...more
jhanami
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don’t usually read romantic anything, but as I really like the narrator Bill Nevitt and I’m a big crime fan, I picked the audio version of this up regardless.
I really enjoyed the narration, and I found the crime story solid and the main characters both likeable and well drawn.
I didn’t read or listen to the first one, but the reader/ listener gets a perfect summary of past events to begin with so I didn’t feel I was missing anything.
I could have done without the sex scenes and Donovan burying
Terry  (TBC)
Dec 19, 2018 rated it liked it
audiobook review

The underlying story of the hunt for a killer and thriller aspect was very good. I enjoyed the thriller aspect & thought the earthquake section was particularly scary as we don’t suffer these. Thankfully!
The narrator was good & kept the story going well.
I’ve lowered my stars as I’m not a big fan of sex scenes in thriller books, I tend to skim them but the scenes in this were graphic and too detailed for my personal taste. I just don’t enjoy extreme details in a thrille
Liz
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I listened to 'Seismic Crimes' on Audible and found the narrator lively and enthusiastic and he moved the story on well.

I hadn't heard of the author before or read the first book in the series so it was all new to me. In fact I thought the author was male and that 'Chrys' was just a fancy spelling of 'Chris' as in Christopher. I started to question the author's gender with the first major love scene. It just felt a bit twee and so I googled the author and found her photo and an interview with h
Ginger
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it
They survived a hurricane, it’s after effects, and one way or another they are going to piece together the murder of Donavan’s brother Ryan. Beth knows she is in love with this man she has only known for a short time. She loves him so much she will travel to the other side of the country, weather an earthquake, multiple murder attempts to help him solve this murder and give Donavan closure, clear there names and hopefully have a life together.
Thank you Bill Nevitt for gifting me this audible boo
Roger
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My third read/listen from author Chrys Fey. The characters introduced in Hurricane Crimes (Disaster Crimes #1) are back in this second in series. I was given an Audible copy of Tsunami Crimes & I’d missed something in not reading book 2 in the series so I went out & bought it. Well-written romantic suspense, captivating & intriguing with well-developed characters in this longer work. I’ll be reading more in this series and look forward to the fourth book. (RIP Marley January 20, 2014 ...more
Victoria Haugen
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Filled with intrigue, action and suspense, this is a thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat! This is the first in the series I've listened to, so I'll be listening to #1 next and then on to the rest! Then, I supposed you'll just have to write more, Chrys Fey! :)

Really well written and great narration, loved it! :)
I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.
Bridget McKeown
Jan 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I listened to this as an audio book which was excellently narrated by Bill Nevitt. Not having read book one (this is book 2) did not spoil the story though I would have met Beth in the first book. An enjoyable story that takes place following a natural disaster. A mix of love at first sight’ meets murder mystery. Well worth a listen/read.
Lindsay
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Wow this book is a saucy crime novel set during a series of natural disasters that literally throw the two lead characters together. It’s an exciting read of a story but very raunchy in places if you are listening to it on audio as my husband got a shock when he walked in at one point lol. Really exciting story.
Jackie
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An amazing second book, that is a bit longer. Donovan needs Beth’s help to prove his innocence for a murder he didn’t commit. Of course they’re attracted to each other. Received a free book
Ellie Shepherd
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really good on audible.
Simon
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Audiobook version.
The story: The couple in this series, don't really have a chance, moving from one natural disaster to another, all the while being chased by, or chasing, nefarious people.
I'm not against romance books and they aren't a goto read for me, but those parts of the story, that as many people have said quite steamy, still didn't deter me from listening. I had read the first book prior to this to get an idea of the characters and therefore was used to the quite creepy start to their r
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

Chrys Fey has created a story that is full of murder and mayhem.

Read full review in the 2016 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
  • CassaFire
  • Monsters in Our Wake
  • A Life Earthbound (Dryad Quartet #3)
  • L.A. Punk Rocker: Stories of Sex, Drugs and Punk Rock That Will Make You Wish You'd Been in There.
  • Sign of the Green Dragon
  • The Hollow Sun (The Hollow Sun #1)
  • Loyalty (Mark of Nexus, #4)
  • Dragonblood Throne: Legacy
  • The Second Man
  • Dread: A Horror Collection
  • The Sidekick Chronicles (Gryphon, #2.5)
  • Unity, Volume 1: To Kill a King
  • Has Anyone Seen My Brain?
  • The Dream Slayer (The Dream Slayer, #1)
  • Butters Comes Home (Butters, #1)
  • Hey, That's MY Monster!
  • Ignite the Shadows (Ignite the Shadows, #1)

Author of Hurricane Crimes, Seismic Crimes, Lightning Crimes - FREE ebook, Tsunami Crimes, and Flaming Crimes.

Chrys Fey blogs at Write with Fey and edits for Dancing Lemur Press. She also runs the Insecure Writer's Support Group Book Club on Goodreads. Newsletter Sign-Up

Fey realized she wanted to write by watching her mother pursue publication. At the age of twelve, she started her first novel, wh

Disaster Crimes (4 books)
  • Hurricane Crimes (Disaster Crimes #1)
  • Tsunami Crimes (Disaster Crimes #3)
  • Flaming Crimes (Disaster Crimes #4)