Start by marking “One Snowy Night (Heartbreaker Bay, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
One Snowy Night (Heartbreaker Bay, #2.5)

One Snowy Night

(Heartbreaker Bay #2.5)

New York Times bestselling author Jill Shalvis returns to Heartbreaker Bay with a fun and festive holiday novella!

It’s Christmas Eve and Rory Andrews is desperate to get home to the family she hasn’t seen in years. Problem is, her only ride to Lake Tahoe comes in the form of the annoyingly handsome Max Stranton, and his big, goofy, lovable dog Carl.

Hours stuck in a truck w
Published November 8th 2016 by Avon Impulse

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
One Snowy Night is book #2.5 in the Heartbreaker Bay series by Jill Shalvis. This is a perfect little holiday novella that is sure to get your holiday spirit jump started.

One Snowy Night - Jill Shalvis:

Rory Andrews works in the pet shop for Willa. She loves her job and has worked hard to make a life for herself in San Francisco. But she’s not proud of the way she was back when she was a teenager. She had trouble fitting in and was the target of the school mean girl. She left home at age seventeen and hasn’t been back since. T
Christy
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars!!

photo IMG_2594_zpsstxp2bau.png

One Snowy Night is a cute Christmas novella about Rory and Max. Rory is stuck in a truck with Max, a guy she knew from high school. There is something between them, a pull, but neither one of them have ever given in to it. There’s a snowstorm and they find themselves faced with truths about their pasts and realizations about what they both want from the future. This novella took place in a span of 24 hours. It was quick to listen to, and as I’m trying to get some Christmas reads in to
Stacey is Sassy
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, cont-series
description

There are two sides to this story...

Well, that was short and sweet. I've wanted Rory's story since reading the last instalment of the Heartbreaker Bay series, The Trouble with Mistletoe. She's a tough cookie who ran away from home at 17 and has survived a traumatic experience. Luckily, that traumatic experience also landed her in the path of Willa (heroine from The Trouble with Mistletoe) who gave her a job and a wee bit of hope. Rory's job put her in a position where she has come face to face w
Claire Robinson
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 - "Merry Christmas... You deserve it." Stars!

One Snowy Night is a novella that I have been itching too read since we were introduced to Rory in the last book of the Heartbreaker Bay series. Jill teased readers that this was a woman with as past, and this little Christmas treat gives you the answers.

This is a really quick, and I mean really, really quick novella. If memory serves the story actually finished around the 70% mark, and it is a shame really because it did make the story for Rory a
Julie
One Snowy Night by Jill Shalvis is a 2016 Avon Impulse publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

This Christmas novella features Rory, a character we have met in another installment of this series. After going through a pretty tough time at home and at school, Rory runs away from home, only to find life can be brutal out there on the streets.

Thankfully, Willa rescued Rory, but this Christmas, Rory is determined to make it ba
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'Snowy Love' Stars!

Yeah, I know it's almost April and this is a Christmas story but it seems I am becoming addicted to Jill Shalvis and her Heartbreaker Bay series. I was in the mood for something short and light between reads and One Swony Night definitely did not disappoint me! I loved seeing Rory get her happy ending with Max and his adorable dog Carl. I would have wanted an epilogue at the end but besides that I really enjoyed this sweet and christmasy novella!
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

3.5 Wonderful, Snowy Night Stars!

One Snowy Night is a wonderful holiday novella featuring Rory Andrews who, we’ve learned from previous books, had a very troubled past. In this story she finally returns home to face that past and in the process discovers her future has been right in front of her all along.

Max Stranton is the kind of man I would love to be in love with. He’s strong, dependable, patient, and all kinds of sexy. Together, he and Rory made this holiday story a delight and I’m so, so
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

I really enjoyed this novella. The Heartbreaker Bay series has been just wonderful so far and this story features a couple of characters that we have met in previous books. The story is short but there really is a whole lot going on between these characters. It was really nice to watch Max and Rory open up with each other and begin there new relationship.

It is Christmas Eve and Rory wants to go home to visit family for the first time in a num
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

photo 25B65D0A-9762-4E8F-9D9A-E8C71BDD10D9_zpshttlnqjf.jpg

Rory Andrews is a 23 yr. old woman raised in Tahoe. She grew up feeling neglected, & didn't have wonderful memories from her childhood. Between the rocky relationship with her family & being bullied at school, her teen years were awful, & she ran away just after her junior year when she was 17.

Rory now lives in San Francisco & works for a kind lady named Willa at the South Bark Mutt Shop. She got her GED & has really turned her life around i
Stacee
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
A bit disappointed that 40% of this novella is a teaser for a different book, but I loved Rory, so I was happy to get her story.

I really hope we get to see Rory and Max in the next book because I know I want more of their HEA. The slice of time we got was sweet and fairly angst free. And Carl was adorable.

**Huge thanks to Avon Books and Edelweiss for providing the arc in exchange for an honest review**
Nicola
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.
Jo
Oct 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Tpagirl
Oct 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 150-199-pages
One Snowy Night was a novella in the Heartbreaker Bay series by Jill Salvis.

Rory and Max have been part of the series from the beginning. Rory worked for Willa (The Trouble with Mistletoe) and Max worked for Archer (Accidentally on Purpose). They grew up in the same town and went to High School together, but were never really friends. We've seen an attraction in previous books, but we also saw a little hostility. The book opened with Rory hitching a ride home with Max for Christmas, a place she
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Get excited because Jill Shalvis has written another Christmas-themed novella! If you know me, then you may already know that I love Shalvis’ Christmas novellas. They’re always very sweet and fun, and when you add that does of sexiness, well, it really becomes hard to resist.

ONE SNOWY NIGHT is all about Rory and Sexy Max. The two don’t exactly expect to be spending so much time together when they drive together to Lake Tahoe but it’s inevitable if they both want to get where they are going.

As a
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

The residents of Heartbreaker Bay captured me in the first book and so I was excited about this holiday novella, One Snowy Night, from Jill Shalvis and while it was very enjoyable I almost feel like it could have been added into the last book as a side love story. Despite the fact I felt like this couple's story deserved and needed more time, I'd rather have this short story than none at all and it was a fun and sexy read.

We've seen Rory and Max circle around each other in the first tw
nick

Jill Shalvis’ Heartbreaker Bay series has been full of charm and swoons. I can’t get enough of these loveable characters, which is why even though I strongly dislike novellas, I was eager to pick up One Snowy Night. This short story, while too short in my opinion, was still a lovely book that put a huge smile on my face.

We met Rory and Max in the previous book and there was definitely some underlying tension between them in that one, and I knew that that same tension would be sizzling in their b
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2dL4JCj

One Snowy Night was a cute Christmasy treat. A little sassy, a little sexy, and a whole lot snowy. See, Rory, Max, and his pup Carl are head home for the holidays and land themselves one heck of a road trip. Snow storms, car trouble, exuberant pup pups and an elephant in the truck--dealing with some bad blood from back when they were teenagers. Yes. It's one adventurous and eventful evening that'll change everything.

I li
kimbacaffeinate
Nov 05, 2016 rated it liked it
One Snowy Night was short and sweet, but perfect for fans who have been watching the crazy attraction between Rory and Max. The two have never dated but attended high school together, and there is a history. Neither is willing to open up or take a chance, but their attraction is blatantly obvious to their circle of friends. A little meddling has Max giving Rory a lift back home for Christmas.

Mix in an adorable dog, a snow storm and close quarters and you have the makings for romance. I had fun w
Joan
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute sweet romance. Short, but if you read the book before this one you know enough to enjoy this. 😊
Cheri
Nov 05, 2017 rated it liked it
A very short novella that tells us how Max and Rory finally got together.
Lyndi W.
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-star
I found this one to be quite unbelievable. Max is totally into Rory, but at the same time blames her for ruining his life in high school. So he's mean to her, even though he goes out of his way to see her more often than necessary for dog grooming. After a decade of hating her, she apologizes and now everything is all better - he refuses to let her feel bad about what happened in the past even though he has held a grudge until two minutes ago. And then WHAM, the L-word. The End.

Jill Shalvis is s
Ana Vizentim
Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it
It was a sweet and quick addition to the series!!!
Aura
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Super cute very short romance. I enjoy a sweet romance every once in a while and this one hit the spot. I love the idea of two people, who have strong attraction for each other and also reasons to hate each other, are stuck together in a truck in a winter storm. Oh, did I forget to mention that there is also a big lovable dog. This is my first time reading Jill Shalvis and I will read her again.
Maria Rose
The Heartbreaker Bay series so far has been very enjoyable reads for me and I was looking forward to this holiday novella, a break of sorts for this series that features two of the secondary characters going home for Christmas in a second chance romance. Rory and Max have a high school history that neither is fully ready to acknowledge out loud. But that doesn’t stop them from being attracted to each other in the present. Max has a habit of bringing his dog into the pet shop more often than stri ...more
Asheley
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Rory works for Willa at her pet shop. Max works for Archer. The two are on a road trip from the San Francisco area to Tahoe, up in the mountains, and become stranded for the night due to a road closure. These two have a lot to work out: past issues, present feelings, getting to Tahoe in time for Christmas morning. It made me dizzy, frankly, and I wanted more pages to sort out all of these feelings. Especially because I like Max so much and there is good tension between these two. (I'm crying for ...more
Ami
Nov 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, novella
Richelle Robinson
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute second chance holiday romance!!

Lord knows I’m a sucker for holiday romances and this book was right up my alley. It was a cute second chance romance with some slight angst from the past. I’ve never read this author before but I have heard good things by her from various book friends. The story was cute, funny, steamy and held my interest. I will definitely be checking out other books by this author especially her holidays ones!
Robin
Rory Andrews is determined to make it home this year for Christmas. But it's Christmas Eve and her only option is to accept a ride from sexy Max Stranton. Rory had a crush on Max throughout high school. But things happened and now they barely talk to each other. She doesn't know how she is going to stand three hours on the road with Max and his dog, Carl.

I listened to the audio version of this novella. Max was holding a grudge about something that happened in the past, but Rory didn't know what
♛ Mademoiselle Smut ♛
5++ Snowy Stars!

That's it? I want more! I need more of Max and Rory!

I'm so glad Rory and Max got their own book, my only wish was for it to be longer. Jill Shalvis is making me fall more in love with her writing and her books.

“Max caught her expression as he slid in behind the wheel. “What?” he asked.
“What what?” she asked.
“You’re smiling.”
“Is there a law against that?”
He put his truck in gear and pulled out into the street. “No, but you don’t usually aim it at me.”

Rory Andrews has been throu
Gretchen  (About That Story)

This was so incredible sweet! A feel good story for sure. I loved Max and Rory's story.

Max and Rory were so great, I loved their animosity and playfulness. I enjoyed learning their history, there was a really good build as all the details were laid out. I loved watching their simmering chemistry really grow and them connect. I loved the bits of emotion that were woven in as well. I thought it was a really well rounded story. It had a great theme of healing and forgiveness that left me w
  • Black Widow Demon (Demon Outlaws, #2)
  • Can't Hold Back (Returning Home, #2)
  • Trouble Me (The Rosewood Trilogy, #3)
  • Return of the Bad Boy (Second Chance, #4)
  • Prosperity: A Judgement of the Six Mating Novella
  • From This Moment On (Alaskan Nights # 2.5)
  • Tamed (Fit Trilogy #2)
  • Loch and Key (The McLaughlins, #3)
  • Defending Hearts (Boys of Fall, #2)
  • Sunburn (Greek God, #3)
  • Wolf at the Door (Snowdonia Wolves #1)
  • Captive Cowboy (Captured Hearts, #2)
  • Once a SEAL (West Coast Navy SEALs, #2)
  • Luck on the Line (On the Verge #1)
  • Three Nights before Christmas (Wild Montana Nights, #3)
  • On the Edge (Uncommon, #0.5)
  • Surrender to Sultry (Sultry Springs, #3)

Look for Jill's latest, LOST AND FOUND SISTERS on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's websi

Heartbreaker Bay (8 books)
  • Sweet Little Lies (Heartbreaker Bay, #1)
  • The Trouble with Mistletoe (Heartbreaker Bay, #2)
  • Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay, #3)
  • Chasing Christmas Eve (Heartbreaker Bay, #4)
  • About That Kiss (Heartbreaker Bay, #5)
  • Hot Winter Nights (Heartbreaker Bay, #6)
  • Playing for Keeps (Heartbreaker Bay, #7)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)