Start by marking “Sins of the Father (California Dreaming #2)” as Want to Read:

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
After the death of her father, Sherlyn discovers hidden truths about him that she could have never suspected. When her mother tragically dies as well, it is like her whole world has fallen apart.

When the smoke faded and life started to settle again, Stephen's parents make the decision to move him back to California. With the threat eliminated he was now free.

But what is th
Kindle Edition

To ask other readers questions about Sins of the Father, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sins of the Father

Aaly
Jan 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
*** ARC kindly provided for an honest review. ***

2.5 - 3 stars.

Review to come.
Belinda Donaldson
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a heartbreaking story.

I was warned this book was a ugly cry and it didn't fail to deliver.

Sheryln life came crashing down around her in a matter of days when she discovers the truth about her family.

When she is left orphaned she moves in with her BFF and her family.

Stephen has loved Sheryln from afar for over a year but fights his desires because he believes she deserves better.

Will they get their HEA or will their time be cut short by the sins of her father
Jamie
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the California Dreaming series by Stacey Johnston. And, let me tell you.. Holy smokes!! That ending! Way to shatter a soul. Speechless!

Sherlyn childhood has been anything but ideal. A mother who treats her as a faithful servant. A father that is epitome of evil walking. The one thing Sherlyn has is a family within Sophie’s family. But, the Sins of her Father will come back for her.

All Stephen wanted for years was to get back to a normal life in Laguna Beach, until tha
Chasidy
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sins of the Father by Stacey Johnston
My rating 5 of 5 stars

After reading the first book in the series, I couldn't wait to read more. I fell in love with Stephen and Sherlyn immediately. Sherlyn is quiet and innocent. Stephen has been burned by past relationships and isn't looking for love again. The love between the two is breathtaking and they are amazing together.

The character and plot are well developed. I found myself lost in the book from the beginning. Sins of the Father took me on an emo
Belinda Visser
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it

Wow! What a great book. This story takes you on a emotional roller coaster ride. The story of Stephen and Sherlyn will have you holding your breath, screaming, laughing and crying with them. The love they have for each other is loving, beautiful and heartbreaking. This book has action, drama, suspense, gut wrenching, passion, love, anger, heartache, tears and keeps you engrossed throughout the story.
I absolutely loved this book overall, however I deducted one star from my rating as I was not sa
Brandy Roberts
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW my heart hurts after reading this major book hangover people I literally cried a lot was super shocked by the ending didn't see it coming . I loved both Sherlyn and Stephen they made a beautiful couple I thought they complemented each other really well . Bring on the next one copy provided for honest review
****************************************
😥. That's all I'm going to say
Jessica Kloss
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG

I fell in love with Stephen and Sherlyn right from the beginning. This book gripped me with the information about her father and the search for a stalker. The love between the characters had me rooting for them. I will not give any spoilers, but I will tell you to grab a box of tissues. This book will rip your heart out.
Aurelie Gordio
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A word to descript my reaction after reading the book "WOW" ! This was amazing.
I fell in love with Stephen and Sherlyn straight away, how can you not !
I hold my breath and cried while reading, yep so get prepare and grab a box of tissues, and I didn't want the book to end but it had to...
The writing was perfect, you get to be the female character for a little while :)
I am so happy I got the chance to read it. I can't wait for more from the author :)
Ellee
Jan 04, 2017 rated it liked it
First off I want to point out the positive in this book:
I liked that I didn't have to read the first book in order to
know what was going on. It kinda explained it in the
beginning,which I found helpful. I also liked the storyline.
However, I liked the idea of the story,but how you executed
the plot needed work. It felt inconsistent. It was hard to relate
and connect to the characters. It was a decent book and that's
why I gave it a 3-star rating.
Danielle Fulton
Dec 16, 2016 rated it liked it
While reading this book I was thrown off by the writing style and found it to be a story with potential but I was distracted by the writing.
There could have been some more develop ment of the background of the characters and storyline.
I did find it an interesting story which just took me awhile to get into because of the style of writing. The ending was also a shocker!
Mona williams
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
omg this book was just amazing! it made me cry. this was heartbreaking! the things she had to go through and see at a young age. it was great she found her true love. i highly recommend this book to everyone! thanks for giving me a chance to read this book!
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
Another fantastic read from this author. Again I was kept on my toes until the end. I really loved these two, they were just amazing together. The emotional ride I took with these put me through the ringer. I can't wait to read more from this author.
Tracy
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOSH!!!! HOW!!!!! what an awesome read I can honestly say I did not see that coming!
Paula Genereau
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. It had me wowed from the beginning. Secrets can come out even when that persons gone forever. But will it be too much ?
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
Wow!! 3.5 wth just happened stars!! What a way to end a book, I think I am going to need some time before I can move on from this book.

This book continues with the story of all the boys but it's main focus is Stephen and Sheryln. Well..and Sean too. We all know Sherilyn as the kind of quiet new friend that Sophie made in Brooklyn from the last book. And, of course, Stephen is one of the sexy "4". I love those boys so much. These two have this innocent love story at first and it grows. But then
Ashley Westphall-carr
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing

After reading the first book in the series I was awaiting the sequel and Ms. Johnston doesn't disappoint. Sherlyn and Stephen's story is one of love and heartbreak. This story takes you on a roller coaster of emotions.

Sherlyn is a shy, innocent girl in her last year of high school. She falls hard for Stephen, but he was burned in the past and can't let her in. Stephen is now out of danger and his parents decide to move him back to California to finish out his senior year. His heart is
Crystal
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
3.5 Stars
By Stacey Johnston

This is the continuation of the California Dreaming Series and focuses on Sherlyn and Stephen. I enjoyed the book for the most part, very angst driven. My heart goes out to Sherlyn and Stephen, but the reason I deducted a 1/2 star is because I wanted a better ending. (I know, I know but I can't help it).

Overall, I am really enjoying this series and looking forward to the next book :)
Jessie Lee
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I didn't know there was a book before this one, but I wasn't lost at all. This book did a good job of background. Definitely grab the tissues though, you'll need them. So worth it though!!
Stacey Johnston
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Catalina
Jennifer Gallegos
Dec 05, 2016
Muddie Mud
Dec 08, 2016
What to tell you about myself??
When I sat down to set about the challenge of what I could say, I found that I didn’t really consider myself to be very interesting at all.
I’ve lived in Western Australia my whole life, only ever leaving the country once. Right now though I reside in a southern suburb close to the beach.
Above everything else I’m a wife and a mother. I’ve been married to a man I beli
More about Stacey Johnston...

California Dreaming (3 books)
  • Heroes and Villains (California Dreaming #1)
  • After the Dust Settles (California Dreaming #3)