Start by marking “Brooklyn Rockstar (Kendalls #1)” as Want to Read:
Brooklyn Rockstar (Kendalls #1)

Brooklyn Rockstar

(Kendalls #1)

He’s America’s hottest rockstar, and he’s harboring a dark secret…one that could end with deadly consequences.

She’s a small-town girl from the Midwest, escaping an overprotective family.

After catching the first solo gig by the rocker with the looks of a Greek god and the voice of an angel, Evelyn’s a goner.

But Charlie Walker is the worst kind of bad boy all wrapped up in a
Published March 7th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Brooklyn Rockstar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brooklyn Rockstar

Olga therebelreader
Small-town farm girl Evelyn Kendall has done the impossible: capture the heart of rock star bad boy Charlie Walker. Sparks fly instantly whenever they get close to each other. Charlie completely rocks her in every way! But Evelyn soon finds the fame and press can wear on you. She is so sweet and sexy that Charlie can’t deny the feelings beginning to stir within him for her. Soon though, even their deepest feelings can't shelter them from those that conspire against them.

The characters each had
NMmomof4
Dnf @ 51%. I just couldn't do it anymore. The H went from waking up from a drunken encounter with 2 naked groupies, to propositioning an older reporter, to falling in love at first sight and wanting a committed relationship with the h. I didn't find it any bit believable. I know some people enjoy instalove, and sometimes I can get through it -- but I didn't understand this one at all. There was also a few time jumps that took away some of those times that they were developing feelings because at ...more
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

22 year old Evelyn just moved to Brooklyn from Minnesota.
She always felt she was a big city girl at heart, and now she's finally away from the farm, her dad and her overprotective brothers.
She moved in with her friend Sharlo. (a half british heiress she met and clicked with online.)

First adventure of her new life: go see Charlie Walker in concert.
Who??? Evelyn thinks? He's only the hottest rockstar Brooklyn has ever produced, but Evelyn has kinda been living under a rock out there in the midwest
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

There was a lot of stuff that I liked about Brooklyn Rockstar (Kendalls #1) by Jennifer Ann and also some things that I felt not so good about.

First of all – it is really well written and even if there is not much information on the Background of some of the characters it really works out – which is already amazing on its own.

Often enough you encounter books that could be really good but due to a lack of character development they will never be rated appropriately.

But also on the other hand I fe
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Brooklyn Rockstar was such a sweet, cute read... I am looking forward to more of Jennifer Ann books in the future.

Full review here ~~~~ http://acbookblog.com/2016/03/16/broo...

I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Jennifer Ann gave me all I could want in a sexy, bad boy rocker with way too much of most things. Who would have thought he would have self-esteem issues. I got a great read and a hot story. Bring on the next book. I need a date of release. PLEASE!!!!

**This ARC was provided via XPRESSO Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.**

More @ http://mileythebookjunkie.blogspot.co...
Michelle van Rij
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: maart-2016
5 BROOKLYN ROCKSTAR STARS (★★★★★)

*** Disclaimer: I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. However, this doesn’t affect my opinion of this book and the words in this review. ***

I get the feeling that deep down, there’s something dangerous about him. He’s the worst kind of bad boy all wrapped up in a smoking hot body.

Get ready to be swept of your feet by a brooding rockstar and a charming farmer’s daughter. Brooklyn Rockstar has every ingredient to make you laugh, cry an
Emily
Charlie Walker had a reputation for being a man slut, a well earned reputation, but the rock star's world is jolted when his drummer disappears and his career is on the edge of being destroyed. Needing to keep on the down low, Charlie is trying to keep himself out of the public eye. Charlie did not expect to meet, Evelyn Kendall.

Evelyn just moved to Brooklyn Heights, ready to get out from under the thumb of her overbearing brothers. While she loves her family, she is ready to start on her own pa
Allison
Nope. DNF @ 10%. I can't take this guy seriously.
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

3.75 rocker stars

You had me a "rockstar" Ms Ann! I am a sucker for a rock star book, so wave one in front of me and I am always going to read it.

Brooklyn Rockstar was more of a sweet rock star than a bad boy rocker. Of course there is the groupies and all that goes along with them, but it was more rumour and innuendo than sexy times for Charlie Walker.

Evelyn - hmmm, not sure where I find myself with Evelyn. I liked her - most the time - but sometimes she was just
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Brooklyn Rockstar was the first time that I got the chance to read Jennifer Ann's work. I was immediately taken with this story. Jennifer is a fellow Minnesotan so I just knew that I would love it. ;)

In Brooklyn Rockstar we meet the rock god from the hot band Thrashtag, Charlie Walker. Charlie is the typical rock boy - too many women, too much money and not realizing what he's missing until he's face- to- face with the woman that he never knew he needed.

We also meet Evelyn Kendall from Minnesota
Amandajane
Jun 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: rockstar
This is a really well written story which I enjoyed reading but... I don't even know what it was about it that didn't completely knock my socks off. It had all the usual suspects: hot, tattooed rocker boy; sweet, naive girl that sees the real boy not the allure of fame. All the stuff I love for an afternoon read. Possibly it was some of the dialogue:

Biting her lip, she nods thoughtfully. "I want you to be the one to break my dry spell."

Bestill my beating heart. So sexy. So romantic. I can tolera
Clarke
1.2 Stars. I really wanted to like this book. The description sounded good and the characters were interesting. Unfortunately the characters were too horny boy/girl crazy for me to get into the story. Every time I started to settle into the story the characters went all slutty. I'm sorry I don't need to hear about dripping lady bits every other page. I think the story would be really good if the author toned down the sex by 60%. I was looking for a story not smut. DNF p.142 about 38%.
Annalisa Nicole
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an Advanced Reader's Copy in exchange for an honest review. I LOVED everything about this book! I read it in one sitting (and it's not a small book) it was that good! The writing is phenomenal, the characters were amazing, and I can't wait to read the next book!
Elena Johansen
DNF after Chapter 4. I do not need to finish this, when I can already see that the central "growth" of the "hero" is going to be his love interest teaching him not to be a raging misogynist.

And if the book doesn't even manage that, I want to read it even less.

He's just the worst. Throwing massive amounts of profanity and objectification of women into his POV chapters doesn't make him interesting, doesn't give him a personality, doesn't do anything except make him into a hate-able caricature of a
Coco.V
Jan 01, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/1/2018)! 💝

Blurb:

She’s a small-town girl from the Midwest, escaping an overprotective family.

But Charlie Walker is the worst kind of bad boy all wrapped up in a smoking hot body, surrounded by scandal, and completely untouchable to someone as
Krystyn
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great storyline!

Jennifer Ann took what could be a very repetitive rockstar romance and made it very very unique! The twists to the storyline kept me on my toes trying to figure out what happened and what the secrets were! When I started this book, I went in blind, thinking it was going to be like any other rockstar romance. That theory quickly went out the window from the very beginning!

The narration was ok. I loved the voice and style of narration but felt it could have used some touching up.
Pelusa Rivera
Aug 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I loved myself some Charlie. It was a sweet love story between Evelyn and Charlie, of course totally unrealistic, but enjoyable, Sharlo was awesome, love friends like that, and can't wait for her story with James, and the rest of the Kendall family and to continue to read of her continuing relationship with Charlie. Would have liked her to have let Charlie know that she had kissed Nolan even if she did it out of anger and nothing came out of it, but in my opinion, she should have fessed up.
Erica
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

This is the second book I read by the author and it was just as good if not better. The story line drew me in and helped paint the picture. Can’t wait to read the next book in the series!
Julie
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Small town girl meets big time rock star in Jennifer Ann’s suspenseful romance, Brooklyn Rockstar. This was my first Jennifer Ann book, and I’m hooked.

Initially, Charlie Walker seems like the stereotypical rock star character. He drinks too much. He’s a womanizer with an increasingly bad reputation. He is haunted by the loss of his friend--who is also his band’s drummer, and said drummer was a very bad influence on Charlie! Danny is the little devil on Charlie’s shoulder who encourages him to m
Amber at WickedGoodReads
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, xpresso
*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review*

Im just jumping in with both feet here and saying straight away that I loved Brooklyn Rockstar with ALLLL the loves! I honestly cant say enough good things about this book so if you dont want to read several lines of me gushing and fawning about this story go ahead and stop reading.... now.

First up. Charlie Walker.... Ohhhh...Charlie Walker. He checks all the right boxes. Rock star looks, personality, body, tattoos.. yep, hes got them covered.
Kris
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
I reviewed my personal copy of this book for Wicked Reads.
I came across this author and book as a freebie listed on a facebook Rockstar book group site and it looked like everything I like to read in a rock star romance. Brooklyn Rockstar did not disappoint me!
I really enjoyed Charlie Walkers character! The famous lead singer of Thrashtag, Charlie is attempting a solo career after the drummer of his band goes missing. He's unsure of his new stuff and the label is making him second guess himsel
Courtney  (Book Crazy Lady)
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review:

This was my first book by author Jennifer Ann and it won't be the last. I really enjoyed this book and hope there is a second to the series. Hopefully it will be a spin off of Evelyn's roommate and maybe Evelyn's brother getting together. They seemed like they were into one another so I hope to see where that will go.

This was a great story about this sweet and innocent country girl going to the big city to only one day meet this bad boy rockstar with a history the entire world knows. I l
Aross
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Very typical story line. Midwest innocent farm girl goes to New York and meets bad boy manwhore rocker her first week. It's love at first sight on his part. He even asks her to move in with him after 3 weeks! But where it really fell apart for me was the last part of the book. It went completely off the rails into ridiculousness. Skimmed to the end just to be finished with it.
Clare
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Holy hell what a great book. Couldn't put it down at all. Didn't see the thing with Danny coming!
Elsa Carrion
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read
Although typical scenario
Rich bad boy rock star falls in love with country nobody.
I did like the twist and the ending.
Jessen Elizabeth
Tracy
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you like a sweet and steamy romance all rolled into one, don’t miss Jennifer Ann’s Brooklyn Rockstar. Ann creates a loveable rocker complete with some attitude, star power, and the capacity to fall head over heels in love. And of course, it doesn’t hurt that Charlie Walker is smoking hot! Brooklyn Rockstar begins with Charlie striking out on his own, because the drummer of his band is missing. His solo career is off to a rough start as some of his offerings are not well loved, as well as some ...more
Jenna
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I listened to the audiobook version of this book.
At the very beginning, it seems like it's going to be a typical rockstar romance where famous guy meets plain Jane they instantly fall in love and continue on with no issues with everything going perfectly and no intrusion from the outside world or tabloids the. they live happily ever after. The author includes a more unique spin (which I really like) which is that she includes interactions with reporters/ paparazzi and the effects of their intru
Jackie Wright
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Audio Review
Jennifer Ann is a new author to me but after listening to Brooklyn Rockstar that’s about to change because I was swept off my feet by a broody rockstar called Charlie and a sweet farmers daughter called Evelyn.
Evelyn has just moved to Brooklyn Heights and is ready to make her way in life, she needs to get away from her overprotective brothers and the family that although they care for her a lot they can’t stop interfering in what she should be doing.
Charlie has a reputation and wel
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please delete duplicate 3 20 Mar 18, 2016 12:07PM
Secondary Characters 1 3 Mar 18, 2016 10:32AM

• Rock It (Rule Breakers #1)
  • True Devotion (True, #2)
  • Gone Wild
  • Anything But Mine (When You're Gone, #1)
  • How to Reprimand Your Rock Star (DommeNation, #2)
  • Between A Rock and A Hard Place (Radical Rock Stars, #2)
  • Love, Always
  • Redeeming You (Before You, #2)
  • Southern Rocker Boy (Southern Rockers, #1)
  • Rocked By Him
  • Backlash (Winter's Wrath, #1)
  • Heaven Sent (Oblivion on Tour, #1)
  • Bad Boys Boxed Set: 3 Books
  • Harley (West Coast Rock Star, #1)
  • Lovin' On You (Rebel Desire, #1)
  • Yes to Everything
  • Clinging to Rapture (Rapture, #2)
  • All Night Long (Black Halo, #1)
Jennifer Ann is an award-winning and bestselling author of contemporary romance and romantic suspense with darkly complex plots. Much like her characters, she's in love with the city of New York, trips on airplanes or the back of her husband's Harley, and everything rock and roll.

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJennif...
Pinterest: https://www.Pinterest.com/AuthorJenni...

Jennifer also write

Kendalls (6 books)
  • Midwest Fighter (Kendalls #2)
  • Manhattan Millionaire (Kendalls #3)
  • Oceanside Marine (Kendalls #4)
  • Miami Bodyguard (Kendalls #5)
  • American Farmer (Kendalls #6)