Start by marking “A Cinderella for the Greek” as Want to Read:
A Cinderella for the Greek

A Cinderella for the Greek

Fairy tale for just one night?

Cruelly mistreated by her stepfamily, Ellen Mountford retreated to the shadows of her father's home, feeling unworthy and unloved. But when powerful tycoon Max Vasilikos wants to buy the glorious English country estate, Ellen can hide no longer…

Published September 20th 2016 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about A Cinderella for the Greek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cinderella for the Greek

Briar's Reviews
A Cinderella for the Greek by Julia James was an interesting take on the classic tale "Cinderella".

This book didn't sit well with me even though I really wanted to like it. The story itself is a classic that I love (who doesn't love a Cinderella/Princess tale?) but what lies within the story is what bothered me. The big problem with this book for me is the comments about Ellen (our Cinderella's) weight. She isn't as thin as her step sister Chloe, and our male counterpart Max points that out a fe
Carol Storm
Jan 04, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a pretty good retelling of the Cinderells story, but if you've never read Julia James before I would definitely start with FROM DIRT TO DIAMONDS. That story is really, really hot!
Srivalli Rekha
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
The Cinderella part finally made me read this book. It was staring at me since more than a year. I finished the book in 3 hours, not because I couldn't put it down. No, it was because I skipped a lot of pages.
The hero, Max was a good man; caring, compassionate, etc. Not the typical alpha male and I liked it.
Ellen made me wish I had her height and body. Sigh!
The stepmother and stepsister were evil and bad, Check.
The book had some beautiful dialogues and I loved Ellen tell Max about her past.
Debbie DiFiore
Another great book.

HP has outdone itself this month. It has been dismal pickings lately and I really want to thank them for October's offerings!!!

This book was simple. A Cinderella type story with a makeover and an HEA. Many people might say insipid but it was a breath of fresh air. Loved the H and the h both. He turned her life into the life she might have had if her Father hadn't married unwisely. I felt them falling in love, I felt her fear is losing her house and her heart, and the H was j
Se Mcgregor
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it
My Fair Lady meets Cinderella with the roles of Henry and Cinders played by Max and Ellen. Max is a bit of a prick for most of the book, he tries to convince Ellen to sell her third share of her ancestral home to him - wicked step-mother and step-sister own the other two thirds. He gives Cinders/Ellen a makeover and then the seduction begins.
Very quick read, no surprises or plot twists. The US$1.53 price-tag from Amazon was an appropriate reflection of the content. Average, not one of Julia Jam
Amanda Sheila
3.5 stars, it was just thiiiiisss close to be my favorite!

A classic Cinderella love story with simple twist. Not too much drama but I actually enjoyed it. The story, the writing is already match my liking but the scene! I was waiting for one moment of 'revenge' toward the stepmother and stepsister but there's none. Disappointing!

But overall I liked this book a lot. Look forward to read more from James!
Taneshia Jenkins
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
A true Cinderella story from the evil stepmother to the stepsister. I don't understand how some people can believe what others think of them and change their entire life to fit that mold. Ellen came out of her shell thanks to Max and I appreciate how he told her the truth about everything and fell in love with the real Ellen before he changed her. If only my life were like these books I read.
Christine
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Yawn. Once again, the poor self-image of the twenty-something year old orphan who has to contend with the wicked step-mama and gorgeous but evil step-sis, is obliterated to smithereens with one poke of the Prince's, oops, sorry the Greek's magic stick.
Monica Willyard Moen
This is a fun, modern interpretation of the Cinderella story. It was a lot of fun to read.
Megan
This cover has to be my favorite cover for a M&B romance... Its so pretty its just a shame the romance isn't as good in the covers.
Angelika Sauer
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
Sometimes I just need chick lit. It was an easy and fast read, but not really satisfying and rather kitschy (more than necessary ...).
Geraldine Sadiku
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read with a good story line.
RomLibrary
This book started my not liking her books anymore. Fairy tale for just one night?

Under the scrutiny of the Greek's arrogant stare, Ellen fights the urge to retreat further and stands up to him, yet Max is relentless. He tempts her out to a glamorous cha
Julia
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading Cinderella For the Greek

Lovely story had to give 5 stars as I could not put it down only stopped reading once as had to spend time with my own Greek Husband
Jebe
Oct 16, 2016 rated it liked it
It was a very nice story. Both the leads were likable, but it was just a little too tame for me. I like a little more angst, zing and conflict. If you're looking for a romantic Cinderella story with a great makeover and HEA, it's just the thing. If you want a little more, it lacks a bit.
Buffy Lynn
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
truly a Cinderella story

This is a romantic Cinderella story...It is not a erotic version but a sweet and romantic story. This story is a good read.

Tigger
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed the story!
Heids Van
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ever wanted to throttle a character well even if took most of book I glad Max got his facts straight before I throttled him
Jeannie Lopez
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
It called to me from the shelf. Was fun and quick, delightful.
Selly - Leggere Romanticamente

Questo romanzo è una rivisitazione di Cenerentola in chiave moderna.
Ellen è la nostra Cenerentola moderna, una ragazza goffa e trasandata che lavora come insegnante e che purtroppo si ritrova a condividere con la matrigna e la sorellastra la tenuta che da sempre è appartenuta alla sua famiglia.
Al contrario delle due perfide ed odiose donne, Ellen non ha alcuna intenzione di vendere la sua parte della casa, che per lei significa tutto.
Nemmeno l'inaspettat
Sapphira
Me gusto para lectura de algo clasico, es la base de la historia de Cenicienta con el principe, la madrastra, la hermanastra y el enamoramiento que termina en matrimonio. No sorprende pero para pasar el rato esta bien.
Michaela
Sep 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
This was so hard to get through, I really hated Max and it was generally annoying.
Harlequin Books
received 4 1/2 stars @ Harlequin.com (10/14/16). To read the reviews, go HERE> http://www.harlequin.com/storeitem.ht...
Michael
rated it did not like it
Mar 31, 2018
Sep 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Mistress: Hired for the Billionaire's Pleasure
  • Ruthless Greek Boss, Secretary Mistress
  • The Di Sione Secret Baby (The Billionaire's Legacy #2)
  • His for Revenge
  • Bought to Carry His Heir
  • Pretender to the Throne (Call of Duty, #3)
  • A Bride for His Majesty's Pleasure
  • The Russian's Ultimatum
  • Playing by the Greek's Rules
  • Prince Hafiz's Only Vice
  • Carrying the Sheikh's Heir  (Heirs to the Throne of Kyr #2)
  • The Marriage Surrender
  • The Greek Tycoon's Virgin Wife
  • A Night of Living Dangerously
  • The Greek Prince's Chosen Wife (Billionaires' Brides, #2)
  • Prince of Scandal
  • Aristides' Convenient Wife
Julia lives in England with her family. Mills and Boon novels were Julia's first "grown up" books she read as a teenager ("Alongside Georgette Heyer and Daphne du Maurier."), and she's been reading them ever since.

Julia adores the English countryside ("And the Celtic countryside!"), in all its seasons, and is fascinated by all things historical, from castles to cottages. She also has a special lov