Start by marking “In Too Deep (Roommates Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
In Too Deep (Roommates Trilogy, #1)

In Too Deep

(Roommates Trilogy #1)

This is an alternate cover edition for B00KVM5GHY

I didn’t believe in love at first sight, until I first saw Lucas Kade.

I was giving swimming lessons to children when I first saw him. Turns out one of the kids was Lucas’s little brother. So, I’d be seeing a lot more of Lucas. And that was just fine with me.

I had a lot going on—a freshman at an elite college, first time awa
Published March 2016 by Copper Country Press (first published June 22nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about In Too Deep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Too Deep

Start your review of In Too Deep (Roommates Trilogy, #1)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo FreeTuXBbysb_zps5b0c2c6e.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (4/2/2015)

Stand-alone.

BLURB:

*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Solid 4 star read!

Really enjoyed this one. It didn't necessarily have anything that wowed me, but I thought it was really well written.

It had a good storyline, not exactly like everything else out there. It had some laugh out loud moments and some good steam.

Kind of an opposites attract storyline.....the rich politicians daughter and the college drop-out townie.

None of the MCs annoyed me and there wasn't any stupid drama. Yay!

Looking forward to reading the rest of the books in the series...
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
I'd say this one was a 3.8 for me.

There wasn't anything new about this, but the writing made it an easy, enjoyable read.
Mandy
I LOVE this book! Lily is a college freshman who is teaching swimming lessons for at-risk kids. Lucas is taking care of his little brother, Andy when he meets his swim instructor Lily. I love how Lucas and Lily meet and how their relationship develops. Lucas is a fantastic hero - I love that he is not perfect but his heart is in the right place. Lily is strong and loyal. I love that even though she comes from a different lifestyle than Lucas, she isn't a judgmental snob. The sex scenes were very ...more
ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥
This wasn't an interesting story at all. First of all, the MCs were acting like hormonal teenagers. No way i could call it love. Pure lust is more appropriate. Second, the climax where this love will be tested ends in about 4 chapters that we have seen done in most romantic movies. It was unbelievable. And they didn't really talk about what he did he just apologized and it's all good. Third, the characters were all flat. Their responses more robotic and unemotional. I didn't feel any kind of bon ...more
Talltree
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: genre-ya-na
Sweet NA romance. The way h/H got together so quickly seemed a bit unrealistic but otherwise it was a low-angst, pleasant read.
Sania
Standalone/Cliffhanger: Standalone but part of a series
Ages of H and h: In their 20s
Multi-Luv'n/Ménages: (view spoiler)
Was There Descriptive Sex: (view spoiler)
Descriptive Sex &/Or Drama Between H/h With OW/OM: (view spoiler)
>>If So, Before or After H/h Hookup: (view spoiler)
Contains Cheating: (view spoiler)
Amount of Sex In The Book: (view spoiler)
HEA/HFN/etc
Coco.V
Jan 14, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/14/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
I didn’t believe in love at first sight, until I first saw Lucas Kade.

I had a lot going on—a freshman at an elite college, first time away from home, and, oh yeah, roommates with a girl I’d been sent to spy on. I wasn’t exactly looking for anything exclusive. Something
Chasia Lloyd
We're in Lily's POV for so many chapters and then suddenly some Lucas chapters sneak in and it's really uncomfortable.

There's a lot of sexual tension too, which is cool, but a lot of it happens around kids, which is weird. I almost dnf'd this when Lily started groping herself suggestively with a kid standing in between her and Lucas. Like, damn, get yourself get together.

There's no actual romance here, but at least the sex scenes (away from the children) are nice.
Kristi
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
a little too insta love and cheesy for me.
Aoibheann { ⊱Aoibh Reads⊰ }
★★★★☆

SPOILERS

Review originally posted on Aoibh Reads

Lily Spaulding, daughter of a political consultant, is a freshman at an elite college , sent to keep an eye on her room-mate Jane and keep her out of trouble.
But Lily may be the one needing help to stay out of trouble... When carrying out her swimming lessons with young kids, she notices Lucas Kade, older brother of one of her students, Andy. As soon as she sees Lucas, she knows she wants him and can tell he feels the same way.
Lucas has a d
Tina
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Free download. This was a really enjoyable read about Lily and Lucus. Lily Spaulding has been sent to Bribury to start her college experience but also keep an eye on Jane Winters as per her fathers request. Regardless they are now close friends. Lily does the right things and tries to maintain her integrity but when she see's Lucas Kade for the first time she starts to see what she wants and needs in her life. Lucas see's Lily while she gives his little brother swimming lessons and he sees his s ...more
Jenna
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sure, the romance was all hot and heavy right from the start but the whole story was boring and 'basic', as they mention a hundred times. There really was not much of a story beyond the romance and even that was more of a lust at first sight type of thing.
Julia
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story a lot.
Only down point was that it was a little bit too rushed in the beginning. Otherwise I loved the characters and no stupid drama.
Polly
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Andrea B
I did finish it ....but why? It was predictable
☆☆Hannah☆☆
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've had this book for awhile now. I'm so glad that I finally decided to read it. I liked how they were so different yet it worked for them. I liked how Lucas was such a gem to take care of things like he did. Especially since he had his own issues to deal with. Of course the best thing was the ending. I loved how her friend did what she did. It was a great thing.
Aliyah Northington
Lauren - SERIESous Books

This is a love at first sight novel but it definitely had substance to it. These two communicated very well with each other so I got the connection. I wish it would have taken them longer to reach the ILY stage but I got it. It was also very aware of the fact that this was rushed, that their feelings were too much too fast--but that's the title after all. So it's a touch cliche but it was an entertaining read.

Check out more spoiler-free book and series reviews on my blog SERIESousBookRevi
Carol
Mar 05, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Predictable

Rich girl, bad boy, Daddy doesn't approve.

Lily is a freshman swimming instructor who fells madly in love with Lucas, her students brother.

Theses "love at first site" stories have shaking my head. I have read many and I can count on one hand the one's that felt real to me. This isn't one. My 40-something self just doesn't see it.
On their second meeting, she gets in the car with him, goes to some unknown place to her and they have a hot and heavy make out session. I was like WTH is she
Bette Hansen
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!! I've read a lot of Mara Jacobs other books but I didn't realize she had the NA series going. I am so glad I stumbled across it. It is so well written and the characters grab you from the very first page. They come from different worlds, she's rich and innocent. He's from the wrong side of town. But their attraction is strong and immediate and although they have many obstacles to overcome their love can't be denied. Great read that I highly recommend.
Paige
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was okay. The relationships and dynamics were good, but as individual characters I didn't care for them much. The scenes when each character is alone was quite flat and bland, but when there's two of them together it's interesting. I did enjoy this book as a quick read but It didn't pique my interest enough to ever want to read more from this series.
Jessica
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this one. The instant attraction between Lucas & Lily brought the story to a quick start, and then the connection between the two opposites held the story and carried through to a satisfying ending. It reminded me a little of a Romeo & Juliet/West Side Story type of love story, but this added to the enjoyment. ...more
Aubree
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is weird but I liked the outside story more than the relationship between Lily and Lucas. They "fell in love" too fast. Shared there secrets too fast. And knew all about each other too fast. I feel like they skipped too many steps. And I missed the courtship that could have made the book better.
Kristie Flynn
I liked this book, but definitely felt like it could have been a lot better. I am not the biggest fan of love at first sight, especially when the characters are so in love and deeply connected within a week of meeting. I wish the author had built the relationship up and not had them so invested in less than a week when they really knew nothing about each other.
Lesley Book Lover
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-amazon, kindle, 16000
I enjoyed this book, sweet rich college girl meets local guy, who has a bit of a bad boy history, and who now has a lot of family problems to deal with. It was a bit different from other books, and the characters were likeable, I look forward to reading more in the series.
Lara
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice & easy read.. exactly what I needed. ...more
Carla
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Predictable

The story was not enough to keep my interest. It took me a long time to read it. I wouldn't continue this series.
Katie_Potatie
In Too Deep..... where do i begin? Lets start with the overly graphic sex scenes, for a general romance (which i first thought was directed at YA readers) these were a very pleasant surprise. Sex-scenes within an actual plot, is not always done tastefully, but Mara Jacobs seems to know how to do this well.

But (and there is always a but) the actual story line was lacklustre, by page 30 I was 100% sick of hearing about Lucas' "Football Player Body", then by page 50 I was done with Lucas constantl
Molly
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
College romance

Lily is a college freshman when she meets Lucas. They have an instant attraction to each other. But he’s not a student and his life is far from perfect. That do s not stop them from falling for each other. When he is on the verge of having his past catch up with him, Lily gets her father to pull some strings.
Still not sure about her fathers motives but I’m looking forward to finding out more in the next book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Believe in Me (Jett #1)
  • The Boyfriend Plot (Blue River Boys #1)
  • Freshmen Fifteen (Love 101 #1)
  • Taming Zach (Team Loco Book 1)
  • Unconditional Love
  • Summer Alone (Summer Alone, #1)
  • Bully High (Bad Boys of Hillview Academy #1)
  • Summer Unplugged (Summer Unplugged, #1)
  • Autumn Unlocked (Summer Unplugged, #2)
  • Resisting the Bad Boy (Can't Resist, #1)
  • More (Impossible Love, #2)
  • Second Chance
  • Renegade (Moonshine Task Force, #1)
  • Nice And Rough
  • Don't Let Go (The Invisibles, #1)
  • Senseless Attraction
  • Heartbreaker (Billionaires of White Oaks)
  • Bully Love (Bad Boys of Hillview Academy #2)
Mara Jacobs is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Worth series.

After graduating from Michigan State University with a degree in advertising, Mara spent several years working at daily newspapers in advertising sales and production. This certainly prepared her for the world of deadlines!

She writes mysteries with romance, thrillers with romance, and romances with…well, you get

Roommates Trilogy (3 books)
  • In Too Fast (Roommates Trilogy, #2)
  • In Too Hard (Roommates Trilogy, #3)