Start by marking “HBR's 10 Must Reads 2017: The Definitive Management Ideas of the Year from Harvard Business Review (with bonus article “What Is Disruptive Innovation?”) (HBR’s 10 Must Reads)” as Want to Read:

NA
Published March 29th 2017 by Harvard Business Review Press

To ask other readers questions about HBR's 10 Must Reads 2017, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about HBR's 10 Must Reads 2017

Abdurrahman AlQahtani
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A book made up from HBR best articles. Yes, I am not usually a big fan of books that are collections of articles, but this one was frank with me in saying so and did not pretend otherwise. The title is clear "10 Must Reads" + 1.

HBR articles are known for their insight and originality. Besides reading their articles from the website and listening to their IdeaCast podcast, I make sure that I read HBR must read releases every year to make sure I didn't miss any thought-leading ideas. This thought-
anna b
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
This compilation is great. Pity I read some articles before already and some are not that relevant to me.
Enda Hackett
Feb 01, 2017 rated it liked it
What is it like for a blind person to be blind? I did find that this was a complete random collection of articles with no connection or flow. And why are the articles from 2015? Having read HBR magazine there are 100's of better articles better that the ones selected for this book but alas that is merely personal opinion. Overall I think this volume did not do the mighty HBR the justice it deserves.
Xaad Alrabiah
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The diversity of articles made it a great read for me. i particularly enjoyed the pieces on CHRO, design thinking, emerging markets, cross cultural negotiation. Worth reading overall.
Sheridan
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Some articles were more applicable to my work then others, but I appreciated having high quality content in one place.
Jonathan
2. Pipelines, Platforms, and the New Rules of Strategy
3. People Before Strategy: A New Role for the CHRO
4. How Indra Nooyi Turned Design Thinking into Strategy
5. The Limits of Empathy
+1: What Is Disruptive Innovation?

Final Assessment : I thought previous issues had a over
Anoop
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave this a 4-star because about 6 of the 10 articles were compelling reads. The best ones were Intel's Employer-Led Healthcare Initiative, Strategy Transitioning from Pipelines to Platforms, and evolving role of HR in corporate strategy.

The Pepsico CEO interview on design, discussion of Disruptive Innovation, Limits of Empathy, and Getting to Yes weren't necessarily bad, but really didn't meet "Must Read" status.

Kari Olfert
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5
I'm not sure all of the ideas presented here are from 2017, a lot of reprints from 2015 (fyi), that being said, The definitive management ideas of the year from HBR is a valuable read if you're in business. It could be used as a guideline to breaking barriers if your company is in a rut or if you looking to revolutionize your day to day ops. This book gave me a few ah ha moments. 💰
Lucy
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Some of the topics were more relevant than others to me, but they were great.
Highly recommend the Automation article, as it's related to everyone. Each of us have to find a new field of work once the computers take over, the article give you what are the possible options and how to make that decision.
Summer Khawaja
Apr 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Worth it, very insightful.
Harry
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
The book starts out okay and the articles are fine. However midway the articles are, in my opinion, not the best HBR published in the last year.
David
Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it
HBR articles are always insightful. all good articles.
Tedi Irawan
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this book. It opens my mind to innovations and human factors at the same time. A great reading!
Iloveyouketui
Daniella Gubaira
rated it it was ok
Mar 20, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Blue Ocean Strategy, Expanded Edition: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant
  • हिटलर र यहुदी [Hitler ra Yahudee]
  • Profit from the Positive
  • Bank 2.0: How Customer Behavior and Technology Will Change the Future of Financial Services
  • Core Transformation: Reaching the Wellspring Within
  • How to study
  • Hindu View of Life
  • NLP Workbook: A practical guide to achieving the results you want

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »