Start by marking “Cash Braddock” as Want to Read:
Cash Braddock

Cash Braddock

(Cash Braddock #1)

Cash Braddock is a drug dealer. But the classy kind. Pills. She really doesn’t get why people are so uptight about that sort of thing. She has a decent operation, a little business to launder money through, and only a few Mommy issues.
Laurel Collins is the perfect girl for Cash. She wears vintage ties and is totally chill. She doesn’t mind the dealing or Cash’s cat. It’s a
Published November 15th 2016 by Bold Strokes Books

To ask other readers questions about Cash Braddock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cash Braddock

Start your review of Cash Braddock
Lex Kent
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I actually liked this book quite a bit more than I thought I would. I wanted to read it because it sounded different. How many lesfic books are about a drug dealer? Yes, a character might be an addict, but a dealer, this was new for me. I also wanted to read one of Bartlett's books for a while, and I must say I liked her writing style.

The story is about Cash, a pill dealer. She doesn't think of herself so badly since she deals pain killers, Xanax, and Adderall, not "hard" drugs in her mind. She
Carrie
Jun 19, 2019 rated it liked it
It was just average until the end. And now I have to read the next one.

Cash is a Sacramento dealer of prescription drugs. Not the bad stuff. Because if there are such things as 'good drug dealers' then she would be in that category. She has an awesome partner, Nate, that helps push the merchandise. Cash meets Laurel at a party and begins to develop scary feelings. But she is sure that her chosen profession will be a deal breaker.

First, I have to say that I grew up near Sacramento. Then lived th
Agirlcandream
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
I loved it. Caught by surprise even by how much I enjoyed this read. To quote a line from Laurel, “You, Cash Braddock, are nothing like I expected.”

Cash Braddock is a soft drugs dealer. She sells prescription drugs like Xanax and Vicodin to her regular customers and keeps the college kids happy with amphetamines. I am normally against drug use and those who push drugs but Ashley Bartlett gives us a character so endearing she is impossible not to love. Cash is clever and street savvy. She does wh
Lexxi Kitty
The words which follow this sentence are not a review but are instead a few thoughts made moments after I read the last words in this book.

Beginning was great. Somewhere late in the game everything turned to crap. Then the book ended abruptly with everything unsolved.

I very tentatively rate this as much as 3 stars. I might lower it. At the moment I'm thinking of this as being around 2.75. But I won't put it on that shelf at the moment. Maybe it is a 3. Maybe it is even more than a 3. At the mome
Tiff
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime, police
Cash Braddock by Ashley Bartlett was not going to be on my list of December reads. I scanned the cover and was meh, I have too much to do to add this one. A weekend of terrible weather, and boredom of running the treadmill, I succumbed and picked this one up. Why I gave it a go? Basically, for the fact that Cash is a drug dealer. What an interesting premise in which our main protagonist is actually kind of a bad girl.

Cash Braddock is an educated, smartass that chooses to forgo a big girl job to
Joc
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is one of those books that I constantly drop lower on my to-read list. The cover really doesn't appeal to me and I was pretty sure that a drug dealing main character named Cash wasn't going to appeal much either. There is a third instalment imminent and I thought I'd give this one a try and if I liked it, I would skip the second and go straight to the third. Well then, I didn't even stop to review this before diving straight into the second, The Price of Cash. I thoroughly enjoyed both and ...more
Les Rêveur
Well that was different... but in a really awesome way!

My Review

I actually really enjoyed this book by Ashley Bartlett. Cash Braddock isn’t your standard Lesfic Romance but it was done ever so well!

Cash Braddock is a drug dealer... but don't write her off straight away! She’s so sweet, caring and (by the description) extremely hot... and actually if there was ever going to be someone that deserves your time it’s Cash. She's a second parent and friend to the young girl next door, she's a great fr
Arien
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars. I enjoyed reading about Cash quite a lot. Sort of an anti-hero vibe going on here and I do so love anti-hero books. The romance here is more of a subplot, the book mostly focuses on Cash's life dealing drugs and avoiding the authorities amongst other things. And while usually it's more of a downside, I didn't mind this time. The plot is engaging and fresh. I hadn't read a book about dealing drugs before.

Still, the book could have used a bit more romance in it. And Cash is a bit too ope
Jude
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun fun fun. And strangely moving.
Stephanie
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I have read other books by this author-namely the Luca Bennett series-which I also really liked. I like her characters that are so tough on the outside but actually pretty soft and tender on the inside. This book was full of interesting characters that added to the rich development of the main character Cash. You can't help but like Cash because she's actually a good person (even though she's a drug dealer). The romance was just enough. It does end abruptly, with a lot of stuf ...more
Heidi
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved the neighbor and her baby dyke daughter! This was a great set up to a series! At least I hope there will be another book. I want to know what happens next.
Skye Kilaen
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 0-fiction
As the cover of the first book says of our lesbian anti-hero, "Cash Braddock just wants to hang out with her cat, fall in love, and deal drugs. What's the problem with that?" I'm going to struggle to rec this without spoiling, but I can say this: Cash does fall in love, with the woman of her dreams, and that's what just about ruins her life. I don't know quite how to classify this series, but it's well worth your time.

Cash isn't be a particularly moral person, but she has her own code. The money
Blink51n
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
While a few things were easy to see coming, I really enjoyed the book as a whole. It was refreshing to read Cash's narrative. She is self-aware, yet slightly deluded when it comes to certain things and I appreciated that about her. I also enjoyed reading a book where the main character was relatable in terms of age; So often 30 means either very mature or so immature they may as well be teenagers. The banter made me smile and was a huge part of what I liked about this book.
While I definitely do
Kexx
Jul 10, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well, well done Ashley Bartlett and Bold Stroke Books - totally conned me out of £7.50 and I'm sure you'll laughing all the way to the bank and don't care about your loyal readers. Book ends without an ending meaning you want me to spend another £7.50 on book 2 which probably... etc etc. Hope you'll proud of yourselves.
Jhosy
So ... This book was a disappointment.
The author's writing is great and that's what made me go to the end of the book, but that's how far I'll get in this series. That's the end of the line for me.
Cash is the worst drug dealer I've ever seen in my life. Okay that she's a small drug dealer, but even those who sell marijuana and have a small business know that you don't discuss business matters with a person you barely know!
For me the story could have been perfect if it had not been for that point
Penelope
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
An honest review thanks to NetGalley. This book was amazing; Bartlett has a knack for being able to create characters that just jump off the page and immerse themselves into your heart. I don't think I have read a single book of hers that didn't leave me a little bit teary eyed as I felt for every part of her characters. Cash is amazing in her way, but she says it best with this line, "My moral compass wasn't shaky. It just pointed in a different direction than everyone else's." Drug dealing, lo ...more
Alealea
Apr 04, 2018 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: f-f, romance
I tried to read it twice but I never reach the end of the first chapter. I don't even remember why :(.
Ana Rose
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*3.5 stars
I actually really liked this book, the dialogue was witty and made each character interaction a joy to read. The secondary characters, especially Andy, were interesting and had great chemistry with the drug dealing protaganist, Cash. Cash is a likeable character, but I wish her motivations were fleshed out a little bit more, same goes for her relationship with Laurel. This relationship was interesting and the pair are well suited, but I guessed where it was going practically from the g
Elena Gray
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ashley Bartlett is a definitely a young author to watch. I can't wait to see how their writing improves. Cash Braddock is YA easy read. The characters are fun and the dialogue is quick. I would have given it a 3.5 but I'm rounding up for potential. The first book in this series runs hot and cold. The strong points of this book all go to Cash Braddock, who feels like exactly the kind of character the reader can route for. Wrong side of the tracks with a heart of gold and basically no social skill ...more
Samantha Boyette
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
I started this book thinking Cash sounded like a bad girl version of Veronica Mars and I wasn't disappointed. Bartlett has a witty way with words that reminds me a lot of that show. Cash is the sort of girl I'd probably really like because she is a bit of an asshole. On the other hand she is way cooler than I'll ever be. She's the drug dealer with a conscious, and she was likable almost immediately.

The romance part of the book is engaging without overshadowing the rest of the story. I like that
Basma
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, queer-fic
(3.5) I enjoyed this. I’m so bad at predicting things so I’m always surprised by the reveal even though once it was revealed all I could think about was OF COURSE she would do that.

This ended so abruptly and I’m glad I’m late to the party because now I get to read all the series at once.
Jessica Roberson
I couldn't put it down!

I usually read stories that are heavier on romance, but I couldn't put this book down. I'm going to purchase the next book in this series immediately! I definitely recommend it.
Bonnie
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this author's books and this one is no exception- Fantastic!
Linh Nguyen
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, queer
"Shaky moral compass with just enough laziness to prevent her from behaving badly.” That's Cash and hell I like this girl. A book with just enough actions, humor and romance.
mina reads™️
DNF @ 50%

This novel is about a butch lesbian named Cash who’s also a drug dealer. We start off getting to know her, how she conducts business as a low level dealer and we get to know the baby gay she’s neighbors with Andy. The best part of this story was definitely Cash and Andy’s mentor mentee relationship as well as Cash’s friendship with Robin, Andy’s mother. Lots of great scenes with them, funny and heartwarming.

However, the writing in this novel just doesn’t work for me. I feel so distant
Jordan
I’ve never been a fan of crime/mystery books in the past but I definitely loved the Cash Braddock series. What can I say? I have a crush on both Cash and Laurel. Their chemistry was off the charts and I really liked the slow-burn romance. I also really adore the friendship that Cash has with her neighbor and her daughter. I found myself loving every character in the book. This book was full of surprises! I didn’t expect the plot twist and I won’t spoil it for anyone but it was definitely unexpec ...more
donna hall
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Going back to Cali

I love the anti hero Cash. A noble drug dealer relevant in today's America. I was drawn in by developed characters a great storyline and great writing.
Amber Ard

• After the Summer Rain
  • To the Moon and Back
  • Listen
  • Alone
Ashley Bartlett was born and raised in California. Her life consists of reading and writing. Most of the time Ashley engages in these pursuits while sitting in front of a coffee shop with her girlfriend and smoking cigarettes. It’s a glamorous life. She is an obnoxious, sarcastic, punk-ass, but her friends don’t hold that against her. She currently lives in Sacramento. (from the author's website)

Cash Braddock (3 books)