Start by marking “Vampire Outlaw (The Immortal Knight Chronicles #2)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Outlaw (The Immortal Knight Chronicles #2)

Vampire Outlaw

(The Immortal Knight Chronicles #2)

Robin Hood. Vampires. The invasion of England.

Richard of Ashbury is attacked by vampires. The trail leads to Sherwood and to a Green Knight, a king of the outlaws and so called lord of Eden. Richard is certain that his old enemy, William de Ferrers has returned to England.

But England is in turmoil. The barons have erupted into armed rebellion against King John. What is
Published March 4th 2016 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Outlaw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Outlaw

Start your review of Vampire Outlaw (The Immortal Knight Chronicles #2)
Cindy
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
It has been more than twenty years since Richard fought in the Holy Land, became a vampire and returned to the Ashbury manor. It is in the depths of night that the manor is attacked by a group of men.
Soon Richard discovers that these men are loyal to none other than his old enemy and half brother William de Ferrers.
If that isn't enough; the French attack England and the country is torn when the rebel barons resist against the rule of King John.
Richard has to do whatever it takes to save his coun
M.S. Dobing
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dan Davis has built upon the first in his Immortal Knight series by delivering another cracking historical action-adventure. Set amongst the time of King John, the Sheriff of Nottingham and a certain band of outlaws, Davis has produced an excellent twist on a well known legend that he's mixed in with his ongoing Vampire saga.

As ever the action is brutal and visceral, with medieval war being shown as the gritty, tiring, bloody mess it is, not as the movie-fu style swordplay you sometimes read abo
D.B.
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Vampire Outlaw, The Immortal Knight Chronicles Book Two, is another well written and full of action historical fiction. The plot is one we all recognize; an unhidden theme of Robin Hood.

This tale is much darker and bloodier than the fairy tale of Robin Hood. This is Vampire Outlaw, full of raw emotions, hideous fighting, romance, and believe it or not, dry humor.

If you enjoyed Dan Davis’ first book, ‘Vampire Crusader’, then you will love ‘Vampire Outlaw’.

I highly recommend this book to history,
K M Egan
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historic
Loved this 2nd book in the series it had some good historic facts mixed in with the fiction. I particularly like the way this author add some small insights into what is going to happen later on in the book ie

"Then we will take Sherwood and destroy William de Ferrers and his band of blood drinking bastards.” It seemed so simple."

"The Prior, who I had known since he was a boy and given money to keep him and brothers in their house for decades, grudgingly forgave me. Then he betrayed me."

These are
dennis barron
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Vampire Outlaw. Dan Davis

Book two in this epic adventure and action filled saga. It's time period and many of the characters initially are composed of characters based on the adventures of Robin Hood. The primary character and others are vampires. This tale centers on the capture of William Dr Ferrers the evil vampire. The primary character Richard of Ashbury is in constant pursuit of him but William always manages to barely slip away and escape. Book two is another excellent read which I enjoye
Kevin Kelly
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
History, Knights, Robin and his Merry Men, plus Vampires!!

I've been really draw into this story, simply by Dans great writing. At first I thought book one was a bit of a strange mix for all this kind of stuff, but by the end of this book, I can't wait for the third book to appear. These books would make one hell of a movie too, so produces take note and give us something original for a change, instead of rehashing all your old movie franchises over and over again. Anyway, time to get on my helm
Graeme
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
5 star...if not for...

I really enjoyed this one, probably more than book one. However, and this is a big however, there was one issue that prevented Vampire Outlaw from being an outstanding book. That problem was Jocelyn. I just didn’t like him as a person. I found him to be overly arrogant and treated those he believed to be beneath him in such a way I expected him to be a villain.

Beside this personal nitpick, the story was well written (centred around the French invasion and the fall of King J
Ian M. Walker
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gorgeous, gory and gloriously gripping.

I was hooked even more so than the first book, which is rare indeed.

The intertwined history and story were thoroughly enjoyable. Our hero having flaws and making mistakes was realistic and engaging. I would still like more explanation of the mechanics and origins of the vampirism but it isn't a deal breaker. I was also impressed with the editing and lack of mistakes.

I'm looking forward to the third book.

Recommended.
Leslie L. Allen
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So much fun!

I enjoyed both the books in this series so far and can't wait for the third! This is one of those rare authors you discover that make you want to read everything they've ever written. The tales are fun, fast paced, well researched, and the attention to detail is admirable. I am usually against sequels but Mr. Davis has made me a believer!
John R. Dailey Jr.
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
FINE VAMPIRE TALE IT IS...

Hello, these stories keep getting better and better. Very unusual to think about vampires in full knight armour. Completely bad@!#. Good stuff. Thanks.
John Morris
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An intriguing and enthralling tale.

This tale of medieval heroes and villains, both factual and mythological, set against a supernatural backdrop was a delight to read. Highly recommended.
Richard
I don't know why I read the first two in the Immortal Knight series, probably nostalgia for Carrie Vaughn Kitty series.
Karen Merten
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Story Continues

This story just started rolling and just keeps picking up speed.I really like the main characters,and the new ones just keep expanding the story.On to the next!
Martin Murphy
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Diane Harrison
Aug 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Considering I just finished Bernard Cornwell's 12th book in the Saxon Chronicles, this book was a little lack-luster! It was alright for a light read, but not up there with Uthred!
Rob Townsend
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome sequel to Vampire Crusader! Plenty of action and a real page turner. Now for Khan!
Brent
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just awesome!

None stop action. Great character development. Meticulous historical research. I was surprised but this was better than the fabulous first book.
Nadine Davis
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The year is 1216. Richard of Ashbury is once again on the trail of his enemy William de Ferrers but this time the French invasion of England is the historical backdrop. It is filled with historical detail that provide authenticity. Davis also interweaves his tale with the existing Robin Hood folklore, giving it gruesome depths.
Historical fiction has never felt so real to me. Davis truly brought to life what it must be like to arm oneself with swords and shields while your manor home is under att
Justin
May 05, 2019
Rae Tabi
Jul 12, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: Assign Book to Correct Author 3 18 Aug 15, 2016 01:47PM

• Warrior of Woden (The Bernicia Chronicles #5)
  • Blood of the Khan (erilaR, #2)
  • Wolf of Wessex
  • Killer of Kings (The Bernicia Chronicles #4)
  • Stranger from Another Land (erilaR, #1)
  • Storm of Steel (The Bernicia Chronicles, #6)
  • Illyrian (The Thrice Named Man #7)
  • King in Waiting (Lord Edward's Archer, #2)
  • The Blooding (Master of War, #1)
  • The Cross and the Curse (The Bernicia Chronicles, #2)
  • Blood and Blade (The Bernicia Chronicles #3)
  • Devil's Cry (Shade of Devil Book 2)
  • Pirata: The Gates of Stone (Pirata #2)
  • The Wolf At Large (The Wolf of Corwick Castle Book 2)
  • Devil’s Blood (Shade of Devil Book 3)
  • Roman (The Thrice Named Man, #6)
  • Devil's Dream (Shade of Devil #1)
  • The Nine (The Wolf of Corwick Castle Book 1)
I write action-packed sci-fi and historical fantasy. I want to immerse readers in another time and place and for my stories to be gripping adventures. You should love my complex heroes and hate the twisted bad guys.

If you like the sound of that then check out; GODS OF BRONZE (my new historical fantasy series), THE IMMORTAL KNIGHT CHRONICLES (bestselling historical fantasy) and the GALACTIC ARENA s

The Immortal Knight Chronicles (7 books)
  • Vampire Crusader (The Immortal Knight Chronicles #1)
  • Vampire Khan (The Immortal Knight Chronicles #3)
  • Vampire Knight (The Immortal Knight Chronicles #4)
  • Vampire Heretic (The Immortal Knight Chronicles #5)
  • Vampire Impaler (The Immortal Knight Chronicles #6)
  • Vampire Armada (The Immortal Knight Chronicles #7)