Start by marking “Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 16” as Want to Read:
Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 16

Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 16 (Rurouni Kenshin #16)

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  1,853 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Is there such a thing as divine will or guidance...? Seta Sôjirô, stopping for a moment in mid-battle with Kenshin, may be beginning to think so. When Sôjirô made the fateful decision to ally with the monomaniacal Shishio Makoto, his family paid the ultimate price. But is the flesh of the weak truly the sustenance of the strong, as Shishio insists? Kenshin, whose Hiten Mit ...more
Published July 6th 2005 by VIZ Media LLC (first published July 4th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 16, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 16

Engie
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favoritos, manga
La historia de Soujirou siempre ha sido mi favorita, desde la primera vez que vi el anime hace más de 10 años. Es impresionante.
Este tomo es mi favorito sin lugar a dudas.
Nicolo Yu
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Kenshin got through the gauntlet and now had Shishio in his sights. The duel that was eleven years (since the fall of the Shogunate) in the making but all that build up was for naught as Kenshin was soundly defeated by the more savage Shishio. With Kenshin down, Saito showed us the badassery that enabled him to thrive again and again in any era.
Iman Danial Hakim
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Saya sedang dalam marathon menghabiskan siri manga Samurai ini. Dulu pernah disiarkan di tv3 (ke NTV7) sewaktu saya kecil.

Mujurlah bang Perewa membenarkan komik sebagai salah satu bacaan untuk Cabaran Bacaan 32 Buku. Banyak juga, ada dekat 28 naskhah yang menghimpunkan kesemua siri Rurouni Kenshin.
Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anime and Manga fans
Recommended to Samantha wickedshizuku by: previous volumes
This volume kicks off with Chapter 130: Soujirou's Past- A chance visit on a moonlit night.

Soujirou is, to me, an extremely disturbing character. Getting a look at his past makes it a bit clearer of how he became this way, and it becomes all the more horrifying.

I'll write more when editing mode hits me.
Have fun reading!
Ta-ta Pretties!
Feather Mista
Mar 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Los mismos
Recommended to Feather by: Lo mismo
¿Kenshin contra Soujiro? Compro. ¿Kenshin contra Shishio? Compro más todavía. Si además viene con flashbacks que cuentan la motivación de los villanos, mejor todavía.
Elizabeth
Jul 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-comics
A very strong 3.5. What prevents me from the extra .5 star is that I realized, the reason I don't feel very much for these villain backstories is that they're too little, too late by the time I get to them. I think the pacing in the Kyoto arc has been slightly off. Especially for a character like Sojiro, I think it might have been better to introduce his back story earlier, and then have snippets of it come back to him as he's fighting Kenshin. And then you could have also just had Sojiro more i ...more
Scott Lee
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love that for all the romanticism of this "Meiji Swordsman Romantic Story" Watsuki refuses to embrace a non-circumstantial set of principles that provides easy answers to everything regardless of the context. It's hard to walk the line of sticking to principles in that fashion without resorting to relativism, especially in a day when relativism is embraced in the name of open-mindedness and tolerance, but he does it. There are a clear set of principles at work here, but they are applied to eac ...more
Febyan Kudrat
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Sojiro sudah mulai mencari jalan baru dalam hidupnya. Sementara Kenshin mesti menghadapi Shishio yg menantinya dengan tak sabar.Dalam 9 menit, Kenshin dihabisi Shishio. Dan Saito datang menolong!! Bagaimana kelanjutan pertarungan ini?
Lauren
Rurouni Kenshin is one of my favorite animes and manga. Quite enjoyable.
Kelly
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a guilty pleasure re-read of the series alongside my regular GR challenge. I’ve loved Rurouni Kenshin since I was a kid, and it makes me happy to dive back into this series.
Lynn
Today's post is on Rurouni Kenshin volume 16 by Nobuhiro Watsuki. It is 192 pages long and is published by Shonen Jump. The cover has Kenshin and Kaoru on it looking very cool. It is the sixteenth volume in the long running series. You have to have read the first fifteen in the series to understand the story. The intended reader is someone who likes historical stories, manga, and interesting characters. There is no foul language, no sex, but some violence in this series. The story is told from t ...more
Robin
May 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
This story literally has everything I love in a manga. A fantastic main character with a wonderful backstory, an awesome leading lady who isn't just there for boob-service and actually has a great, well-rounded character, wonderful and memorable supporting characters whether they be friends or foes, stories that get rounded-out and resolved and don't just focus on getting the BRAND NEW FIGHTING TECHNIQUE!!1, a storyline that doesn't stray into sentimental or cliche and yet still tugs at your hea ...more
Sara
Kenshin and Sōjiro continue their fight through much of this volume. Sōjiro begins to show emotion, which is the reason he is defeated- it also has the potential to save him. We see much of his past in this volume and realize how he became the way he is. Shishio gave him strength when he needed it most but the hope that Kenshin gives is what he needs now. I hope we get to see more of Sōjirō but I fear this will be the last we are of him.

We end this volume with the battle between Kenshin and Shis
Aurélie Knit & Read
Avec le recul, je me dis que ce manga Shonen n'était pas si bon que ça, mais j'ai longtemps conservé en mémoire l'effet produit par les extraordinaires OAV consacrées au chapitre du souvenir.
Kenshin reste un divertissement très honorables, mais je ne pourrais sans doute pas le relire aujourd'hui, too much.
Michelle
Oct 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Not only was this an action packed series, but it was also full of great historical information. I learned so much about Japan's history by reading this series. Watsuki managed to throw in a nice amount of romance as well. All in all, it was a great fun read that kept me wanting more.
Megga Nurma W
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
aah sojiro ..
Steph
Jun 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: manga lovers
Shelves: manga
One of my favorite manga series.
Doopa5000
Sep 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Very violent which is good.
Derek
Aug 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This volume has Kenshin battling Seta Soujirou, Shishio's #2. He also has a tragic past, but is a very different character from Anji.
Jeffrey
Aug 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
This one gets a slightly higher mark for a good backstory for Shishio's #1 Lieutenant Shishio. Neverthless, I'm looking forward to the next arc.
Declan
Nov 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This Kyoto saga has been quite the odyssey, but I've just felt the need to keep reading these books because the story is so compelling.
Nikki
Jul 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I really do love this arc. Seta Sōjirō is a really interesting character.

Again, such a cruel place to end the volume.
Emmy Lou
WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA

What just happened here??? Could it be our hero has fallen? I NEED THE NEXT ONE NOW
Justas Gagas
Nevin
Apr 06, 2017
  • Kaze Hikaru, Vol. 3
  • Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 4: Training Day
  • Ranma 1/2, Vol. 28 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #28)
  • Trigun: Deep Space Planet Future Gun Action!! Vol. 2 (Trigun, #2)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 1 (Voyage to the Moon World - Novel)
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 17
Watsuki Nobuhiro (和月 伸宏) is a Japanese manga artist, best known for his samurai-themed series Rurouni Kenshin. He once worked as an assistant for his favorite author Takeshi Obata.
More about Nobuhiro Watsuki

Rurouni Kenshin (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 1: Meiji Swordsman Romantic Story (Rurouni Kenshin, #1)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 02