Start by marking “Mirror Mirror” as Want to Read:

Mirror Mirror

Whatever you do, don't look in the mirror.

Jaime thought he'd hit the jackpot when he found the antique mirror out by the curb, just waiting for a new home. Hours later the old mirror with the ornate gold frame was taking up pride of place in his apartment.
But there's something wrong.
Published March 12th 2016 by West Street Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Mirror Mirror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mirror Mirror

Start your review of Mirror Mirror
Lisa
Jun 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
Mirror Mirror by Anthony M. Strong is an easy quick satisfying read with only 54 pages although it was short I thoroughly enjoyed it although was predictable.

WHATEVER YOU DO DONT LOOK INTO THE MIRROR!!
Jaime Beaumont thought all his Christmases had come at once when he stumbles upon an antique mirror left on the sidewalk, he decides to take it home & he shows it to his girlfriend Cassie she doesn't think much of it, until one night when Jaime hears scratches in the night but he thinks nothing
TL
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
"The mirror sat out by the curb,leaning against a Green plastic trashcan, just waiting for someone to come by and snatch it up.

Jamie Beaumont might have driven right by it, might not even have seen it, except that just as he turned the corner onto Dawson Avenue, as the car started along the street, the sun glinted off the silvered, smooth surface, and, just for a moment, threw a shaft of light directly into his eyes"

Started out okay, but not long into it went downhill. The writing was clunky at
Patricio
Mar 14, 2018 rated it liked it
After finding a mirror by the curb, Jamie takes it home and soon realizes that there's something wrong with it.
Strange things start happening in his apartment.

I was gripped in the beginning, but the story just dragged a lot! There were described a lot of unnecessary stuff about Jamie's life, and there wasn't anything concrete in supernatural matters.
What could have been a good ending wasn't purely due to what happened before, and because there wasn't anything beyond it.
It was just that.
Melissa Chung
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, kindle-books
This is a short story of 54 pages. This one was the take on the haunted mirror. I really enjoyed it. Giving this one 4 stars.

Jaime is a poor college student that likes going around student housing at the end of term collecting "junk" from the moved-out or moved-on students. The once alumni, leave furniture or knick-knacks they no longer want or can't take with them when they move away.

At the start of this short story Jaime thinks he's hit the jack pot with a pretty intricate mirror. He of
Christine
Nicely spooky and a very nice story in terms of how the ending is handled. I do wish that the girlfriend had been better drawn as a characters. She almost comes into her own at the end, but prior to that she comes across as little more than f**k buddy instead of the true love that both partners came. Though, to be fair, she is far from a bimbo.
Rachael
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Pro tip: don't pick up crap discarded on the side of the road.
Cindi
Jun 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Full review can be found at -

photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png

Nice horror short but fairly predictable. It has the right amount of creep factor to keep you turning the pages but I had the ending figured out almost from the start. There were quite a few editing issues that were distracting as well, but overall, the story was a nice read.

photo 10ac2d81-9b19-4c13-bc35-f60edc44ffb4_zpsw9ukgwx1.jpg
Salima Bensalah
Jul 02, 2017 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this short story: it was short and sweet.

Jamie finds a creepy-looking mirror on the sidewalk one day and decides to take it home. I know right, isn't the number one horror rule never to go near anything that looks creepy or possessed?
Anyhow, supernatural events follow and the mirror begins to torment Jamie and his girlfriend. The tension and suspense was really good, and it felt like a horror movie, although I felt the characters same across as stiff and bland.

However, kept my
Bandit
Apr 20, 2016 rated it liked it
In the world of kindle freebies by unknowns this was a very nice find. Unlike, say, the find the story's protagonist makes while trash picking for his apartment. Strong selected an inherently creepy subject and wove a quick, fun and quite scary tale about it. Look past the somewhat cheesy cover, this is a very entertaining way to pass half an hour for horror fans. Recommended.
Chris
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, 2017-reads
Predictable but entertaining.
Michelle Stagg
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I started reading this book I didn't know if I would like it or not. I really liked it and I couldn't wait to find out the ending. It was a weird ending. I know one thing I would never bring home anything that looked creepy that was laying on the side of the road. I recommend this book to whoever needs a good scare.
Lisa
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, kindle
Whatever you do, don't look in the mirror.

But there's something wrong.
The mirror harbors a dark secret, and before long Jaime and his girlfriend Cassie find themselves up against a terrifying supernatural force that has its sights set on them.

A tale of haunting that will make you
Shirley Revill
Jun 28, 2018 rated it liked it
A short but very entertaining story. Recommended.
Lanie
Aug 17, 2016 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Nobody.
I am amazed and saddened that such a neat idea could be presented in such a boring, cliched way. Dull, lifeless characters. Little to no suspense. Seriously I literally almost felt asleep reading this. And the simples, most boring writing ever. It doesn't even try to have its own voice or tone or anything. There's no feeling to it. It's all "Jamie did this" and "Cassie said that" just terribly bland and snooze worthy. Another short horror tale gone seriously wrong. :/ not recommended.
brianna
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
P.S. Winn
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I found myself drawn in and fascinated by this short story. When Jamie Beaumont finds an old ornate mirror someone had just thrown out, he was happy to retrieve it, just free for the taking, Of course, everyone knows not everything is actually free.Jamie is going to learn that lesson the hard way. The author does a great job with a short read that feels like a novel. I am really interested in picking up more works by this author.
Peter
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
That was quite a quick read. I enjoyed the idea of a haunted mirror and its impact on everyday life of a young student. There were some thrilling elements in it. The story could have been a bit spookier or longer though. I would have liked the secret of the mirror being solved. Otherwise there were fine elements of suspense in it. Readable!
Tasha
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Slow build up with a sudden ending. Suitably creepy.
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
Right from the start you knew where this was headed but hey, it was free and a bit creepy.
c williams
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another good read

I'm glad I found this author his books are not long but they do pack a punch I will be reading more
Julie Powell
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good, fast-paced read about Jamie who spots an old-fashioned mirror on the roadside and...no spoilers from me.

Something to curl your toes.
Victoria Stolte
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great short read

Kept me intrigued and curious through out. Reminded me of the scary shorts from one of my fave books as a kid - My only complaint is that I wanted more.
Beth
Jul 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
1.5

The actual premise of this short story sounded pretty interesting, but I found myself zoning out and skipped past bits as I actually read it.

The writing was not particularly great and despite it only being 54 pages bits still managed to feel a bit drawn out.

What a disappointment.
Brittany
Oct 17, 2016 rated it did not like it
Left me bored

This novella was mismarked as horror. It was emotionless and boring. It could have been good, really good, but it fell flat, so I'm thankful that it was not longer and I can now move on.

A few things that drove me bonkers while reading:

1.) "...snacking an arm" around his girlfriend's waist.. Snacking... as in eating... Eating an arm around your girlfriend's waist...is she using it as a belt?? And now you're going to munch on it??? Really?! (No, not really, this novella isn't about
A.J. Griffiths-Jones
This is more of a short story than a full-length book & that's where my issue lies. Whilst I enjoyed the tale, the suspense element could have been much better. Seemed rather unrealistic that after just a night of weird happenings, the owner of the mirror jumped to the conclusion that it was haunted. Strong is a fluent writer but sadly this one fell short of the mark.
nora m malotte
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mirror Mirror

Haunted objects have always appealed to me. The thought that they could be possesed. Jamie, in this story is about to find out more about possession than anyone would want to know. How do you undo something that has happened, is it possible ? You will want to read this Terrifying, SUPERNATURAL THRILLER. I RECOMMEND!
Rachel Mann
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This short horror story was a good read. It was however predictable at times. Still, it was an interesting book to read. I love horror stories! I enjoy finding these free kindle books. I have read a couple of good books lately and intend to read some more books by this author.
Kim
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-read
Good short story about a haunted mirror. 8/10.
Laura Guilbault
Nov 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 12+
Didn't love the whole thing, skipped a few paragraphs here and there in the middle, but I loved the ending.
Kimberly
Feb 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I want to know more about the mirror! Details!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Madhouse
  • Floor Four
  • Horror Stories (Scare Street Horror Short Stories Book 4)
  • Before You Sleep
  • The Basement
  • The Doll
  • Moorehead Manor (Moorehead Manor #1)
  • The Ghost Files (The Ghost Files, #1)
  • Awaken: A Vampire Horror Story
  • They
  • The Asylum
  • The Sensitives (The Sensitives, #1)
  • The Man Upstairs
  • Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper Trilogy (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #1-3)
  • Double Visions
  • Dark Isle (Dark Isle Series Book 1)
  • The Bird