Start by marking “The Swallow (Caged Beauty Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Swallow (Caged Beauty Series, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

The Swallow (Caged Beauty Series, #1)

Kathryn Bryant became an NSA agent only because her asshole ex-boyfriend, the current covert ops director, lied and coerced her into working for the NSA.

She imagined a life with a good-looking husband (former ex-boyfriend), wearing gray pantsuits, and sensible pumps as a boring tax attorney living in the suburbs of Washington, D.C. Instead, a uniform of plunging, cleavage-
Paperback, Small Print Edition, 304 pages
Published March 15th 2016 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published March 7th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Swallow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Swallow

Shelby
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
If you like a good love story, stop reading this review and go read this book. It is phenomenal. The Swallow by Isabelle Joshua is well written and just a great read. It has action, suspense, and romance.

The Swallow centers around Katherine who is a spy for the National Security Agency. Her job is to seduce, without being too intimate, terrorists with information that threatens the security of the United States. Sexy and smart, Katherine is
Debbie Hughes
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is just wonderful! I stayed on the edge of my seat and I will lose my mind waiting for book two. I'm not very patient so if there is more then one more book I need to wait till I can have them all to read in order right after each other. Because this cliff hanger is killing me. I am so team Alex and I know this will all work out, but I don't know if my heart can handle it.

This book is full of excitement and such a great flow. The author does a great job keeping the story moving and ke
Janet
I thought this was a great book. Nice, quick read. I enjoyed the characters and the way the author told a very interesting love story mixed with intrique. Very good read and I recommend it.
Iesha (In east shade house at...)
After reading The Swallow, an advanced copy given to me, I can say that this was an ok story. It took me awhile to read it because in my opinion it was a bit to realistic for my taste. Nevertheless, I did like reading about Kathryn`s story. There were a few moments where I was wondering if the author thought of taking another angle then the one she took. I love the emotional experience that is written in The Swallow. I didn't like the she loss her memory, but I loved how awareness to brain injur ...more
G
Feb 23, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read4review, m-f
I received an ARC of this book from the author for an honest review.

Kathryn works with the NSA to get information that is needed usually from unsavory people who would use it in unsavoury ways. Her job revolves around using her body and a drug to play with her targets mind and make them think they have had the time of their life with her. She hates her job and is silently making plans to escape, until Alex. This time the target is someone she has to get close to for a longer period tan she norma
Caroline Kearns
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

The story held my interest and I couldn't put it down! It's a fun, light read that has potential for a more captivating storyline, but I did enjoy it overall. The romance scenes are just enough and not overdone. It definitely left me wanting to read book two. For a first novel, per the author's notes, I thought it was a fantastic start to a hopefully long and successful career. I would recommend this book and found it to be entertaining.
Gary Maberry
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How long do we have to wait?

I can't wait to for the next book...everyone needs an Alex! I enjoyed the story and look forward to seeing where the Caged Beauty series takes us. Well done!
Barbara Maberry
Reader Views
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Sheri Hoyte for Reader Views (09/16)

“The Swallow” is the first book in the Caged Beauty Series, and the debut novel by author Isabelle Joshua.

Special Agent Kathryn Bryant was tricked and coerced into working for the NSA by her ex-boyfriend, Evan, who is now her boss. Espionage isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, and after one too many missions extracting sensitive data from disgusting lowlifes, Kathryn vows to make an escape, and begins careful deliberation of her secret exit to her new
Isabelle Joshua
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-wrote
It's my book so of course I love it!

It tells the story of Kathryn Bryant who was forced to become a spy for the NSA. Her ex-boyfriend broke her heart and is now her boss, sending her on missions to "flirt with, entice, entrap" unattractive and unappealing targets to get to the intel, she's in and out in a few hours. But now after she's set her escape plan (really a defection) in motion, she has to spend the week with a target, Alex Reed.

The problem is this target is HOT, and he turns the tables
S.L. Hoyte
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Thoroughly. A bit of espionage, a bit of intrigue, a bit of romance – what’s not to like? The writing is straightforward, deliberate, and often brash, pulling the reader deeply into the story, either through a glimpse into Kathryn’s innermost thoughts or through the witty dialogue between the characters.

Read my full review on the Reader Views Goodreads page!
Jessica Smith
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this novel and this author! The characters are well developed, relatable, and multi-layered. The story is the perfect combination of literature and romance - Isabelle Joshua kept me on the edge of my seat and swooning throughout. Definitely recommend this book and I can't wait to read the next volume!
Daniela
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-have
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

I tend to proceed with caution when it comes to a new author. However, with this author, there is no need. I was pleasantly surprised to get completely wrapped up in Kathryn and Alex's story. It was difficult to put down.

Can't wait for the next book!
Amber Cohoon
Kim Friant
Emiley Allen Bowes
Support for Indie...: Book blurb FEEDBACK Please 17 81 Jun 25, 2016 10:31AM
Books, Blogs, Aut...: Romantic Suspense for $0.99 1 1 Jun 18, 2016 01:49PM
GOOD REVIEWS: Need reviewers of a Romantic Suspense Novel 2 14 Apr 26, 2016 10:16AM
  • The Dragon's Temptation (Kings of the Fire, #1)
  • Two Step Temptation
  • Hard Rock Touch (Feral Silence Rock Star #3)
  • Hannah and Emil
  • Lakeshore Secrets (The McAdams Sisters, #1)
  • Could It Be Magic: A Land of Enchantment Romance
  • Faerie Godmother (Mythic, #1)
  • A Spicy Business Trip to Paris (Romance in France Book 1)
  • Filtered Through Blue (Bourbon Springs, #2)
  • Cherries
  • City of Light
  • Show Stopper (Rock & Release, Act #3)
  • Figure 8
  • Hunter of the Heart
  • Irresistible?
  • Stay with Me (LoveStruck #2)
  • You're the One (La Bohème, #0.5)
  • Scarred (The Anderson Brothers #1)
Isabelle Joshua wrote her first novel while in graduate school. She is a mother of five children and has been married for over 12 years. She lives in the south and enjoys her air conditioner while sitting in front of her laptop creating stories, researching ideas, or getting sidetracked by funny videos.

She loves romance and interesting characters. She's been an avid reader since childhood. Her cha
“He stops walking and grasps both of my hands to stop me. He narrows his eyes at me. "You’ve never been tickled? Ever?” His lips curl in a wickedly sexy smile. “You’re a tickle…virgin?”
I nod and tilt my head down, looking demure. He makes it sound so erotic. I finally find my voice. “It wasn’t a virginity I ever focused on.”
2 likes
“I take a deep breath and let him tilt my shoulders back. I gaze up, and he peers down at me. He kisses my eyes, my mouth—deeply, sensually—stirring my depths.
He undresses me as he blesses my skin with his kisses. “Lay down,” he directs. I’m bare, vulnerable, open, and full of love.”
1 likes