Start by marking “Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 18” as Want to Read:
Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 18

Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 18 (Rurouni Kenshin #18)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  1,543 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
He may be one of the "good guys" now (as Misao insists) but, even a month later, Kenshin still is haunted by Kyoto. How can he not be, when it was in Kyoto that, as the feared "Hitokiri Battôsai," he once made the streets flow red...? And yet, before he departs this place of so many memories, there are ghosts which must be put to rest. It's said that, when strong feelings ...more
Published September 6th 2005 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 4th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 18, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 18

Nicolo Yu
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
The epilogue to the Kyoto arc continued and ended with this volume. Overall. the chapters in it are relatively quiet, allowing a breather from a recent blood-pulsing saga.

This volume was also the beginning of the end of this series as the last arc started rolling with this volume. "Jinchu" would be the name of this final story-arc and it's the earthly judgment that awaited Kenshin when a figure from his past returned to exact it on him.

This volume also introduced two new characters influenced b
Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anime and Manga fans
Recommended to Samantha wickedshizuku by: previous volumes
This volume kicks off with Chapter 149: An Early Summer Morning.

And just when I thought all of the poo had just ended. Now more bad guys pop out of the wood work.

I'll write more when editing mode hits me.
Have fun reading!
Ta-ta Pretties!
Vince
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Might be a little biased, but this is a 5 star book and series. Can't wait to see how it shapes out in the last 10 books!
La Revistería Comics
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Con Shishio muerto, los Juppongatana desbandados y Kyoto salvada, se viene una época de paz para Kenshin y sus amigos... Al menos hasta que una pregunta con ecos del pasado traiga a la luz uno de los secretos más oscuros del espadachín pelirrojo... ¿Todavía tiene la cicatriz en forma de cruz?
Elizabeth
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
The rating is less what I think of the quality of the volume and more of a reflection of its status as the bridge between the end of the Kyoto arc and the beginning of the Jinchu (which also happens to be the final Kenshin arc). I mean, it's just kind of there. Solid but slightly dull.

At the same time, I'm really excited for the Jinchu arc. My understanding is that this never got animated (I'm kind of astounded at the idea that the Kenshin anime turned into complete filler after the Kyoto arc, b
Danielle Schlottman
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first volume with a story arc that wasn’t part of the anime.
Kelly Tse
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a guilty pleasure re-read of the series alongside my regular GR challenge. I’ve loved Rurouni Kenshin since I was a kid, and it makes me happy to dive back into this series.
Febyan Kudrat
Sep 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Inilah awal arc Enishi.Serangan Enam Sekawan benar-benar tak terprediksi.Bagaimana Kenshin dan Sanosuke mengatasinya?
Lauren
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rurouni Kenshin is one of my favorite animes and manga. Quite enjoyable.
Lynn
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Today's post is on Rurouni Kenshin volume 18 by Nobuhiro Watsuki. It is 200 pages long and is published by Shonen Jump. The cover has Kenshin, Kaoru and Enishi on it looking very cool. It is the eighteenth volume in the long running series. You have to have read the first seventeen in the series to understand the story. The intended reader is someone who likes historical stories, manga, and interesting characters. There is no foul language, no sex, but some violence in this series. The story is ...more
Scott
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nobuhiro Watsuki’s Rurouni Kenshin vol. 18 was my favorite volume so far. It continued the original story where the anime branches off into filler. Vol. 18 takes place about a month after the battle with Shishio and shows us more of Kenshin’s time as Battosai. I felt that his past was the most exciting thing in the series so far due to how little is known about him. Nobuhiro did a very good job revealing Kenshin’s dark past and made every second more exciting than the last. It was amazing to fi ...more
Robin
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
This story literally has everything I love in a manga. A fantastic main character with a wonderful backstory, an awesome leading lady who isn't just there for boob-service and actually has a great, well-rounded character, wonderful and memorable supporting characters whether they be friends or foes, stories that get rounded-out and resolved and don't just focus on getting the BRAND NEW FIGHTING TECHNIQUE!!1, a storyline that doesn't stray into sentimental or cliche and yet still tugs at your hea ...more
Toni
Dec 04, 2009 rated it liked it
I no longer hate Kaoru, but I still do not like the idea of her and Kenshin together as a couple. There has never been anything between them that I felt was romantic, except what we as the audience are told. And you know, maybe that is my problem right there, their supposed romantic attachment is dictated to us instead of shown. They feel more like good friends to me. I would actually be more willing to believe that Megumi and Sanosuke are a couple. (Which really wouldn't bother me at all.)

The g
Sara
A new arc is started in this volume with 6 new opponents that each want personal revenge against Kenshin. For some reason, this volume took me a little bit to get into it and I did struggle to finish it. It's not due to the story or the art, I'm in a reading funk and unfortunately this volume is a set up to a new arc and no battles to push me through. We end with a potential battle at the beginning of the next volume so I am excited about that.
Aurélie
Avec le recul, je me dis que ce manga Shonen n'était pas si bon que ça, mais j'ai longtemps conservé en mémoire l'effet produit par les extraordinaires OAV consacrées au chapitre du souvenir.
Kenshin reste un divertissement très honorables, mais je ne pourrais sans doute pas le relire aujourd'hui, too much.
Michelle
Oct 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Not only was this an action packed series, but it was also full of great historical information. I learned so much about Japan's history by reading this series. Watsuki managed to throw in a nice amount of romance as well. All in all, it was a great fun read that kept me wanting more.
Nikki
Jul 18, 2008 rated it really liked it
Interesting new arc. I've read spoilers for this, so I know a bit of what's going on. Yahiko's little character arc, about wanting to get stronger, is interesting, too.

(Why does one of the guys wear glasses like Ban from GetBackers? That distracted me for a while.)
Jeffrey
Aug 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
The final postscript of the Kyoto arc and the beginning of the next one, introduces antagonists from Kenshin's past but really earns the four stars for acknowledging that the end of the battle is not the end of the story. The continuing impact of the Kyoto arc will be felt for some time to come.
Nikki  King
May 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Hahaha chapter 157 was hiilarious!!! I don't like that Karuo doesn't stand up for herself when it comes to Kenshin though... I mean all the characters know that they're destined for each other but nothing NOT A THING!!!!
Antica
Nov 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This is where the manga really gets interesting with Kenshin's background and the introduction of my favorite Character Enishi Yukishiro and the beginning of the Revenge arc (which they still need to animate damn it!)
Cherish
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, manga
aaahhhhh. What a climax! I admit it has been a while since I've read the series. I'm really pleased to come back and continue from where I left of but gobsmacked on how much more of the plot is going to unfold. I got tremendously excited and as I finshed this volume....ooooooh the drama!
Declan
Nov 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
A chance to catch your breathe, before the run in to the finale.
Steph
Jun 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Steph by: read the series
Shelves: manga
One of my favorite manga series.
Angeles Broullón
Sep 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
The new saga closed the circle, and explained a lot of things about Kenshin's past. However, I never really liked Enishi and his thugs, so I'll have to score this lower.
Shaun
Jun 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I picked this manga up mid-story and I need to read the events leading up to the volume. I enjoyed the characters and Kenshin is awesome. Gonna read more!
Moirrey
Dec 09, 2013
  • Peacemaker Kurogane Volume 3
  • Kaze Hikaru, Vol. 3
  • Ranma 1/2, Volume 29
  • Trigun: Deep Space Planet Future Gun Action!! Vol. 2 (Trigun, #2)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 1 (Voyage to the Moon World - Novel)
  • Chrono Crusade, Vol. 6 (Chrono Crusade, #6)
Watsuki Nobuhiro (和月 伸宏) is a Japanese manga artist, best known for his samurai-themed series Rurouni Kenshin. He once worked as an assistant for his favorite author Takeshi Obata.
More about Nobuhiro Watsuki...

Rurouni Kenshin (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 1: Meiji Swordsman Romantic Story (Rurouni Kenshin, #1)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 02