Start by marking “Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 19” as Want to Read:
Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 19

Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 19 (Rurouni Kenshin #19)

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  1,575 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
It began with a sin, committed by Kenshin, back during his bloody days as hitokiri or a government-sanctioned slayer of men. Although stopping most of the assassins who still come seeking revenge should be easy enough, what of the innocent--Sanosuke and Yahiko (Kenshin's comrades), everyone at Akabeko Inn (Kenshin's friends), Kaoru (Kenshin's...?). For once there was anoth ...more
Published October 10th 2005 by VIZ Media LLC (first published February 4th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 19, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 19

Nicolo Yu
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
A figure from Kenshin's past returned to menace him and it's none other than his former brother-in-law. Kenshin was married? Finding out Kensin married young and had a dead wife was bigger surprise than anything else this volume had to offer. A flashback sequence would reveal this and other mysteries and would span three volumes including this one.
Kelly Tse
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a guilty pleasure re-read of the series alongside my regular GR challenge. I’ve loved Rurouni Kenshin since I was a kid, and it makes me happy to dive back into this series.
Lauren
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rurouni Kenshin is one of my favorite animes and manga. Quite enjoyable.
Vince
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a good series. Every volume is full of action and intriguing story. It's awesome getting to find out more and more about Kenshin's past and what made him an assassin
Lynn
Today's post is on Rurouni Kenshin volume 19 by Nobuhiro Watsuki. It is 192 pages long and is published by Shonen Jump. The cover has Kenshinon the bottom with Enishi on top and Tomoe between them. It is the nineteenth volume in the long running series. You have to have read the first eighteen in the series to understand the story. The intended reader is someone who likes historical stories, manga, and interesting characters. There is no foul language, no sex, but some violence in this series. T ...more
Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anime and Manga fans
Recommended to Samantha wickedshizuku by: previous volumes
This volume kicks off with Chapter 159: The Invincible Tekkou.

I'll write more when editing mode hits me.
Have fun reading!
Ta-ta Pretties!
Robin
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
This story literally has everything I love in a manga. A fantastic main character with a wonderful backstory, an awesome leading lady who isn't just there for boob-service and actually has a great, well-rounded character, wonderful and memorable supporting characters whether they be friends or foes, stories that get rounded-out and resolved and don't just focus on getting the BRAND NEW FIGHTING TECHNIQUE!!1, a storyline that doesn't stray into sentimental or cliche and yet still tugs at your hea ...more
Jonathan Dillingham
I read a book called rurouni kenshin and it is all about the main character and the battle with his past. Kenshin is a retired assassin but still fights to protect his friends and the dojo. He has received a letter of war and is brought back to his past, in witch he tells everyone in the dojo the most important part of his past. He killed his own wife.

I would rate this book a 10 because it is action packed and it is filled with suspense. You learn things that you would never have learned in an
Khanh (the meanie)
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The beginning of the Tomoe arc (also the basis for the OAV) and it is my favorite part of the manga. Yeah, the rest of the books were good, but frankly, the series majorly drooped towards the middle. It gets interesting again when we meet Enishi, Tomoe's little brother, who is out for vengeance against Kenshin, whom he holds responsible for his sister's death. From this volume, we get a deeper glimpse of Kenshin's earliest days as a swordsman. If you skipped most of the manga through the boring ...more
Nikki
Jul 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
It was interesting to see Sanosuke in a fight without being able to use the technique he learnt from Anji. He's still kind of outclassed. I wonder if he'll get stronger still over the course of the next arc.

Kenshin's backstory is interesting. Veeery interesting. I think I saw one of the movies with the backstory, so I knew about Tomoe already, but I thiiink the movie was in French, which I wasn't good with at the time, so some of this is new to me.
Sara
We get a big chunk of history of Kenshin's past and we find out that he used to be married. Our new villain is his brother-in-law and he wants to avenge his sister. Some of the history was confusing to me and I needed to read parts of this several times, but for the most part, this was an interesting volume.
Aurélie
Mar 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: japan
Avec le recul, je me dis que ce manga Shonen n'était pas si bon que ça, mais j'ai longtemps conservé en mémoire l'effet produit par les extraordinaires OAV consacrées au chapitre du souvenir.
Kenshin reste un divertissement très honorables, mais je ne pourrais sans doute pas le relire aujourd'hui, too much.
Shaun
Jun 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Pretty interesting revenge tale against Kenshin. I like the different antagonists that Watsuki creates in the manga. As the wondering samurai Kenshin is hilarious, but I love his assassin persona and how serious he becomes. I would like to finish this arc if I can find the material.
Michelle
Oct 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Not only was this an action packed series, but it was also full of great historical information. I learned so much about Japan's history by reading this series. Watsuki managed to throw in a nice amount of romance as well. All in all, it was a great fun read that kept me wanting more.
Doopa5000
Sep 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Very violent which is good.
Jeffrey
Aug 31, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2009
A solid entry, even if it (reasonably) regresses supporting character Sanosuke's power level because of injury. Still, he remains the antagonists can beat up without being truly villainous.
La Revistería Comics
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, ed-arg
Hay gente que esconde trapos sucios... Y gente que esconde sábanas derruidas y bañadas en sangre. Finalmente Kenshin empieza a desnudar su pasado, hasta que este comienza a darle caza.
Nikki  King
May 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, reviewed
It's really starting to get interesting now! We get I learn about Kenshin's past and who That girl was!
Starbubbles
Jul 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
oh, it's getting soo good! it's fun seeing the differences between the movie (samurai x: trust and betrayal) and the book. they are so simular, yet different. i can't wait to read on!
Declan
Nov 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I can feel it slowly starting to crank up again.
Steph
Nov 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite manga series.
Cherish
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, manga
Quite surprised of how the plot is progressing further. I found it quite shocking. I was left reeling from my seat.
Nathan Lindsay
Micala
Feb 21, 2012
Joann
Dec 23, 2016
  • Ranma 1/2, Vol. 22 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #22)
  • Kaze Hikaru, Vol. 3
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 1 (Voyage to the Moon World - Novel)
  • Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 2: Lonesome Ghost (Yu Yu Hakusho, #2)
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 11
  • Black Cat, Volume 05
  • Chrono Crusade, Vol. 6 (Chrono Crusade, #6)
Watsuki Nobuhiro (和月 伸宏) is a Japanese manga artist, best known for his samurai-themed series Rurouni Kenshin. He once worked as an assistant for his favorite author Takeshi Obata.
More about Nobuhiro Watsuki...

Rurouni Kenshin (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 1: Meiji Swordsman Romantic Story (Rurouni Kenshin, #1)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 02