Start by marking “Find Your Why: A Practical Guide to Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team” as Want to Read:
Find Your Why: A Practical Guide to Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team

Find Your Why: A Practical Guide to Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team

The next step for applying the life-changing lessons of the bestseller Start With Why.

With Start With Why, Simon Sinek inspired a movement to build a world in which the vast majority of us can feel safe while we are at work and fulfilled when we go home at night. However, many people have had trouble bringing the book's message into their own career and company. Now, alon
Published September 5th 2017 by Portfolio

Start your review of Find Your Why: A Practical Guide to Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team
Liza Fireman
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book could be 10 pages, since 90% of it is "See chapter XX in Start with Why for more on this topic.". I remember Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action and Leaders Eat Last as nice books, but I have to admit that after watching an interview about the "Millennials" with Simon Sinek, I became a bit skeptical about his theories, he is too self assured that everything falls into his theories, that every single behavior has an explanation (that he specifically holds), ...more
Joseph Knecht
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
The book is written as a workshop guide on how to discover your WHY, HOW and WHAT which was established in the Start with Why book by Simon Sinek. I don't think the publication of this book was necessary since even though I have read this book I still can't validate the theories proposed in it. To do that, I would need to attend a workshop or do the assessment with someone. Any takers from those who read it?

Some of my takeaways:
At its core, the WHY is an origin story. Who we are is the sum tot
Michael
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was a great book. If Start with Why gives us hopes and feel motivated, this book is the instrument or the way to make it happen. It is just hard for me to understand the steps like the discussion of groups. For me, finding your why may be a journey and not a group discussion. Still, the stories of this book gives are great. Cheer up!

P.S. While hanging washed clothes today, i am still thinking what i really wanted to be in the future. I cried...and it's amazing. I think if finally found my WHY
Acordul Fin
“If we want to feel an undying passion for our work, if we want to feel we are contributing to something bigger than ourselves, we all need to know our WHY.”
If this isn't a perfect example of beating a dead horse, I don't know what is. So boring, repetitive for such a short book. Also riddled with platitudes that are supposed to help you find you why. After all, a happy worker is a productive worker. You're wasting away on your feet, hustling hard so that corporate giant can make mo
Nada Majdy
Jan 06, 2020 rated it did not like it
This is just so bad + it could have been much shorter but instead we go on and on in circles so they can just sell more unnecessary pages. The only reason I finished this book was: once I got to the first half I felt sorry that I wasted 2 hours of my life for nothing so I thought I might as well finish the damn thing in order to count it as a full book in my reading goal.
Bob Wallner
Sep 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: strategy, audible, change
"Find Your Why" is the companion book to Sinek's best seller "Start With Why." In this book the authors walk you through specific ways to identify your why, whether for an individual or team/organization.

From a personal standpoint, I really liked the team approach. I felt it was sound especially if your organization or team doesn't have a governing why. When it came to the individual why, I was less enthusiastic.

I understand the purpose of sharing your personal stories with another person, I'm
Sara Dahabović
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the main idea of this book which is the importance of finding the reason behind your life, behind your job, behind basically every single thing that you do. Once your find YOUR WHY it will be much easier for you to wake up in morning, withstand long working hours or adapt to your stressful life style because to you it all has a goal and a reason.

I have to admit, every once and while I think I need to remind myself of my OWN WHY which really helps me go back on track!

All in all it was a
Dustan Woodhouse
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great listen on a short road trip today.

Greater still for those running a team or larger organization.

For the solo-preneur there are still several actionable items. But not a lot of meat on the bone for the one-person shop.
Andriy Bas
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
The book is good, and the core idea of WHY discovery is nice.
But IMHO the content could be reduced in half without losing anything important.
Sebastian Gebski
Sep 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
After "Leaders Eat Last" I thought that Simon Sinek will be the next Dan Pink. But he isn't (at least for now). I didn't like his prior book ("Start with why"), I've found it too obvious & shallow (endless rambling about the very simple idea that doesn't require as much elaboration). I do realize that I am clearly not the perfect target for the book (I never had problems with intrinsic motivations), but my idea was to use it to help others, not myself.

What about Simon's most recent book then? "F
Damien
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
"A 4 Star Listen with a 5+ Star Read"

Be prepared to sit down and take notes and pause this book several times if you want to get the full value of this book. This is why I rated it less than a five. This is also why you should read the book to get the valuable priceless knowledge. The knowledge you will gain and the insight you will grasp is worth more than 5 stars. Now you get the reason for my title. I won't spoil the details because any thing I say beyond this is like having a friend tell you
Leonardo
Sep 27, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm a big fan of "Start With Why" which is why I picked this one one. It's structured as a guide to finde your why and the why of groups in general, such as entire companies and/or individual departments.

I'm giving it 3 stars because though I have finished the book, I haven't yet been able to validate the method. Once I do, I'll review the rating.
Vasudha
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Often do I enjoy listening to the wisdom of Simon Sinek, but this book isn't worth the time.
Nopadol Rompho
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favourite
If you love 'Start with Why' written by Simon Sinek, you will love this book. This book tells you how to apply 'Start with Why' concept to your life or your organization. Strongly recommended.
Apacta GmbH
Apr 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
Why write a book when you only have content to fill a 10 page folder?
Matt Hutson
Aug 15, 2017 rated it liked it
“Our struggles are the short-term steps we must take on our way to long-term success.”

Have you ever found yourself thinking about what your purpose in life is?

That is probably the number one important question you should be asking yourself now. It might not be a question you think about every day, but it is an essential one for you to figure out.

Whether you think you have figured out your purpose in life or not, the book I’m going to analyze today will no doubt help you to narrow down and put in
Gary Moreau
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read Start with Why and Find Your Why back to back over just a few days. Sinek’s famous Ted Talk (Presented in 2009, it has over 33 million views.) was so powerful to me that I had to see where he was with it now.

The man has a theme. He calls it the Golden Circle: Why—How—What. Why is the reason. How is the means. What is the result. They all have to be in balance, driven by the why, and when they are, you will achieve authenticity and success.

The theme hasn’t changed. In terms of the Start wi
Martin Lutonsky
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like the books, that inspires me to the next action. And Find your WHY is exactly it! I really want to find my WHY and what I want even more is to facilitate finding WHY for the others.
I like previous books from Simon - what they are missing? The practical guide how to find your WHY.
The search and wondering is over - you will find the guide in this book. Thanks a lot. I am going to find my peers and the adventure of discovery of our WHYs is going to begin. If anyone want I will help them as
Boni Aditya
Jan 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
I expected it to be on par with his works but after reading for while I understood that this book is merely an extension to his work "START WITH WHY" and does not add any new value to people who have absorbed the concept. This book explains to go on about preaching the concept to others, i.e. your friends, your team, your groups, your peers, your company and to the organization as a whole. I am not sure if everybody is interested in preaching this to others. This book isn't for the general reade ...more
Hoàng Phong
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
The title said for itself. The book is not for someone looking for inspirational advice. However, if you are already clear about or know how it feels like when lacking of knowing the WHY, you can easily find a step-by-step and practical guidance, though a little bit boring and simple, to discover your answer. One good thing is that the book also included assignments for teams and entrepreneur, which makes more sense for one individual to refer to the book many times even after finishing it, if h ...more
Dan
Nov 14, 2018 rated it liked it
This was good, but is a much more detailed, step-by-step how-to guide for finding your personal why and facilitating a group session to find an organization's (or "tribe's") why. I would have enjoyed it more if I had realized that and been ready to put in the time and work to find my why while reading / listening to the book. Also, this book isn't really by Simon Sinek, but by David Mead and Pete Docker, who work for Simon's company, Start With Why.
Micah Grant
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: leadership
This is a great guide to finding your own why and working with a group to find the why of a company, or a tribe/team within a company. The authors do a great job of describing the process and why it works. I thought their tips on active listening and how to ask follow-up questions were especially important. The insight that it is difficult to answer "why" questions, so ask "what about" questions instead is something that I'm already implementing.
Elvina Zafril
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I genuinely think that this book should be written not more than 20 pages. I can’t really understand the theories. Maybe I need someone to do the assessment with or maybe I need to practice whatever things the author proposed in this book.
Mandi Moon
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Super helpful guide for leaders of those in charge of teams. I liked the “workshop approach”, it’s a good guide, with plenty of examples to help get you and your organization on a clear path.
Dominika
Oct 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
Workshop tutorial made into a book.
Ralf Kruse
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great practical book, which made me that to reflect on my personal way. Like the way on how the books calls you for reflection and discovery.
Kerissa
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
Maybe think about how much you use the word “tribe” to describe a group of friends or a group of colleagues when you’re not actually talking about a tribe.
Katie
Since I haven't finished all the exercises in this book I'm refraining from rating it at this time.
May Ling
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Summary: I'm glad it was short. This is an attempt to create a commercial version of Sinek's book Start with Why. Weird b/c his seminars are already commercial. This workshop is just too corporate and misses everything I liked about the first book.

Sinek partners with a few people to write this book and it shows and it feels disjointed as a result. This might work if you are a structured person who needs to meet with others to better understand who you are and why you are doing things. He's tryin
Mark Miano
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it
With nearly 40 million views, Simon Sinek has one of the all-time most watched videos on TED: "How Great Leaders Inspire Action." (https://www.ted.com/talks/simon_sinek...)

I've watched the talk several times over the years and find Sinek's basic premise to be helpful and inspiring for both the workplace and one's personal life. He urges leaders, organizations, and individuals to define their WHY, and not just focus on their HOW and WHAT. In shorthand, the WHAT are the products, services, and job
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Find Your Why - Start with Why 1 1 Jun 20, 2020 01:39PM

• Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
  • Dare to Lead
  • This is Marketing: You Can't Be Seen Until You Learn To See
  • The 10x Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
  • Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence—and How You Can, Too
  • Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life
  • Permission to Screw Up: How I Learned to Lead by Doing (Almost) Everything Wrong
  • Stillness Is the Key
  • Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win
  • The Dichotomy of Leadership: Balancing the Challenges of Extreme Ownership to Lead and Win
  • Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know About the People We Don’t Know
  • Economia 3D: Una nueva dimension para tus preguntas de siempre
  • Never Split the Difference
  • Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
  • Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap... and Others Don't
  • Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less
  • Principles: Life and Work
  • Grit
Simon Sinek is an optimist. He believes in a bright future and our ability to build it together.

Described as “a visionary thinker with a rare intellect,” Sinek teaches leaders and organizations how to inspire people. With a bold goal to help build a world in which the vast majority of people go home everyday feeling fulfilled by their work, Sinek is leading a movement to inspire people to do the