Start by marking “Judgment at Verdant Court (World of Prime #3)” as Want to Read:
Judgment at Verdant Court (World of Prime #3)

Judgment at Verdant Court

(World of Prime #3)

The continuing adventures of Christopher Sinclair, mechanical engineer turned priest of war. Our hero faces evil on two fronts: a friend turned murderer by the power of magic, and an entire nation of murderous wolf-men. One he has to save from the vengeful clutches of the Druids, and the other from the mercenary greed of the king. But the true enemy is despair: the shame o ...more
Published December 6th 2016 by Pyr

To ask other readers questions about Judgment at Verdant Court, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Judgment at Verdant Court

Start your review of Judgment at Verdant Court (World of Prime #3)
Kelly
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I love the premise of M.C. Planck’s ‘World Of Prime’ series. One day, Christopher Sinclair wakes up in an alternate universe where technology is limited by a strict code of feudalism and the rules of magic, religion and time. I can’t elaborate further on that last point without spoiling the second book of the series. Sorry.

An engineer by trade, Christopher seems perfectly suited to drag this oddly backward society into a full-fledged industrial revolution and he tries. Much to the annoyance of t
Timothy
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First, gratitude to the Publisher and to the folks at Best Fantasy Books for sending this one my way. I read the first three books in the World of Prime series: Sword of the Bright Lady, Gold Throne in Shadow, and then Judgement at Verdant Court and being able to progress seamlessly was thoroughly appreciated and made for a more fulfilling and entertaining read. If anyone is interested, Id’ recommend reading them this way than standalones with time apart.

Christopher is, in short, a one-man revol
Sarah (CoolCurryBooks)
Judgment at Verdant Court is book three in the World of Prime series, which I highly recommend reading in order. The first book is Sword of the Bright Lady, and the general hook is that a man from our world is dropped into a fantasy world that strongly resembles a fantasy RPG. If that sounds like your brand of nerdiness, I’d suggest checking the first book out. Forewarning, the rest of this review may contain spoilers for the first two books.

Christopher has now discovered that there’s a threat l
Liz
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I won a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway.
I enjoyed this book. It is fast-moving and action packed. It is loaded with magic and fantasy. The characterization is well done. In particular, Christopher is a really interesting protagonist. He is technically adept with good motives but lacking in social skills and common sense. There is a nice set up for the next book in the series.
If medieval fantasy interests you, then you will enjoy this book.
Clay Kallam
Jul 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf-fantasy
It’s time for another rant, I’m afraid and though M.C. Planck’s “Judgment at Verdant Court” (Pyr, $17, 341 pages) is really a pretty good book, it just happens to be the one I read that pushed me over the edge.

Note to authors: Readers do not remember every golden word you have ever written. What you said on page 132 of book one will not automatically spring to mind to a reader who is now in the middle of book three 18 months later. You have an obligation to explain to your reading audience what
Kes
Jul 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, read-2019
We meet the druids in this book (hinted at with D'Kan) as well as (view spoiler). Christopher accomplishes his mission from the king - who, just as this happens - (view spoiler)

I liked the humour in this book - such as Lalania suggesting that the men stay on kitchen duty until they learn to cook. Christopher meets (view spoiler)
Isaios
May 04, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
At some point I just completely lost my patience with forgiveness.

So a bunch of magical whores (and I'm not even gonna touch the use of that trope) betray and kidnap you, then threaten to off you because they believe in a magical head-eating space-squid or some such. The reasonable thing is NOT to believe them. It is CERTAINLY not reasonable to forgive them. Murder them in their treacherous, fanatical faces and eat their delicious XP.

(I don't care if said space-squid are real or not, offensive
Clinton Sheppard
Good series. This book was a bit slower out the gate than the previous one but had some good action later on. I'm hoping they decide to copy the design of armor they found and that maybe one of Christopher's advanced powers as he advances through the ranks will have something to do with armor. I'm looking forward to the next book.

If you like this series you may also like The Cross-Time Engineer.
DaMaar
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bardic Powers

It was a very short read but it packed with excitement. To me, the best part of the book was the unveiling of the Minstrels powers. It was the first time I’ve read about a Bard being so overpowered.

Favorite Line: Dashing swordsmen were overrated. Statistics ruled the world, not personality and steel.
Akiva
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast and fun.

Almost like a light novel. It assumes you know all the tropes and details you've read in hundreds of stories, and focuses on its own fun.

Engineer gets transported into a D&D world. A good example of Rational Fiction.
Rudi Opperman
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
The very intriguing journey of Christopher Sinclair, an modern time engineer, who gets transported to a medieval world with magic, continues. You can’t help but be fascinated by Christopher’s attempts to make this new world a better place.
Hope
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book felt pretty intense as a read and I like that. Usually, I don't enjoy these kinds of books, especially when I haven't read the previous books and just jumped into the one I have because goodreads giveaway reasons. But I liked it... More?
Ian Denner
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

What a way to end this book. What a way for Christopher to find out the truth? And in the end he decided that commitment trumps all...
Kate
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh Christopher, what have you done?
Volpot
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. Good sequel. I liked it better than book #2
Jennifer Snow
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still good

A little less focused than the previous books in the series, it continues to develop the premise of game-style magic in interesting ways.
Gowri
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Though each book completes its apportioned task, at the end you still feel as if you are left at the crossroads
william h payne 111
Great book.

Fast paced. I can't wait until the next book in the series is published. Great action scenes, magic and technology blended just right.

Louis R.
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heading for the epic conclusion

Another great book; Christopher’s power continues to grow but not as fast as his problems. A really fun twist on the trope.
Jaye
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Mr. Planck continues to deliver on this top-notch fantasy series.

Just when I thought I knew what was going to happen, he pulled the rug out from under me. Good show, sir!
Emily
Feb 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
These books read strangely the ideas are compelling but the execution is flawed pretty much all telling and no showing and yet im driven to read them.... More review later
Skellingtonjr
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Feat series.

I have been reading this series since the start and it never fails to entertains and delight. When is he next one?
Jace
Sep 13, 2017
Ioan Camillus
Jul 23, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Havoc (Legend of the Arch Magus, #4)
  • CivCEO: A 4x Lit Series (The Accidental Champion Book 1)
  • The Expansion (Legend of the Arch Magus, #1)
  • Valor (Legend of the Arch Magus, #3)
  • The Upheaval (Legend of the Arch Magus, #2)
  • CivCEO 2: A 4x Lit Series (The Accidental Champion)
  • Cast Under an Alien Sun (Destiny's Crucible #1)
  • Forged in Fire (Destiny's Crucible #4)
  • Heavier Than a Mountain (Destiny's Crucible #3)
  • The Pen and the Sword (Destiny's Crucible #2)
  • Into The Abyss (Demons of Astlan, #1)
  • Evolve: The Scourge Wars Book 1
  • Ashes of the Fallen (The Dragon's Wrath, #2)
  • Dungeon Deposed 3 (Dungeon Deposed, #3)
  • Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest, Vol. 4
  • Adapt: The Scourge Wars Book 2
  • Champion for Hire (Portals of Infinity, #1)
  • Demon Lord (New World, #1)

World of Prime (5 books)
  • Sword of the Bright Lady (World of Prime #1)
  • Gold Throne in Shadow (World of Prime #2)
  • Verdict on Crimson Fields (World of Prime #4)
  • Black Harvest (World of Prime #5)

News & Interviews