Start by marking “Blood Vow (Black Dagger Legacy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood Vow (Black Dagger Legacy, #2)

Blood Vow (Black Dagger Legacy #2)

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  13,897 Ratings  ·  1,431 Reviews
The Black Dagger Brotherhood continues to train the best of the best to join them in the deadly battle against the Lessening Society. Among the new recruits, Axe proves to be a cunning and vicious fighter—and also a loner isolated because of personal tragedy. When an aristocratic female needs a bodyguard, Axe takes the job, though he’s unprepared for the animal attraction ...more
Published December 6th 2016 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about Blood Vow, please sign up.
Sara (Just Another Story) This is still only available as a HC, this is SO frustrating to me. I remember very specifically JR Ward saying this series was going back to the…moreThis is still only available as a HC, this is SO frustrating to me. I remember very specifically JR Ward saying this series was going back to the roots, strictly PAPERBACK, and purely romance. (less)
Angelica Yes! Primarily because there's less details regarding the Lessers. I hated how much space they took up in some of my favorite Originals... Except for…moreYes! Primarily because there's less details regarding the Lessers. I hated how much space they took up in some of my favorite Originals... Except for when the Omega's son was revealed. Good crossover that ended too soon, in my opinion.(less)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Everything is going to be all right Stars

photo lhytedredc_zpskluaexvr.gif

Spoilers

“A mother’s tears,” Lassiter’s slightly echo-y voice said softly. “So hard, so beautiful. I told you everything was going to be all right. And those are to remind you of how strong you are, how strong your love for your daughter is…how, even in the worst of times, things have a way of working out as they should.” -Lassiter

Blood Vow is the 2nd novel in the Black Dagger Legacy series, and like the first book in this series it stars two couples.
Sophia Triad
Axe and Elise

There is magic involved every time I open a J.R. Ward’s book and then I suddenly land in Caldwell.

When I am there,

I usually hide in the dark alleys sniffing the air for baby powder smell and listening carefully for gunshots and body compacts,

I cover myself at the back of Manny’s ambulance behind a blanket making sure is empty on the way back to the mansion and everybody has already been home safe. Sometimes when it is not empty I listen carefully to sighs and encouragements and pr
P
“I’m stuck in the fucking chimney.”

I don't even have words to say about how grateful I picked this book up before Christmas. Blood Vow is the second installment of the Black Dagger Legacy series which is spinned off from the main one, Black Dagger Brotherhood. At first, I saw no reasons why J.R. Ward had to start her new series with the same setting and characters, but after I read Blood Kiss, I completely understood why she must do this.

“But the biggest fallacy people sell themselves is that
Melanie
1.) Blood Kiss ★★★★

Okay, so December wasn’t the best reading month for me. I’ll be completely upfront and honest, The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert put me in a terrible reading slump. I was blaming being busy, and/or the holiday season, but then I read this book in like twenty-four hours and realized that I just needed to read a good book that I actually wanted to read, and Blood Vow was honestly the perfect pick. I enjoyed this immensely and I feel so thankful that it is the last book I read in
Boy, I need to review this one soon.
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️
3/24/2017
I reread The Beast yesterday in anticipation of the release of The Chosen so naturally I have to reread this one too....just as fantastic as the first time I read it....maybe even more so!

5 Black Dagger Loving Stars!!

Honestly, I cannot get enough of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, so I am beyond ecstatic for the Black Dagger Legacy series, it feeds my addiction to these vampires!! So it took me awhile to do this review and I’ve decided to break it down into three mini reviews.

Axe &
Beanbag Love
I have not bought this book yet. Here's why:

Paperback, yo. Not hardcover. Traditional PNR, just like DARK LOVER was in the old days.

That's JR Ward announcing this series in this blog post: https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog...

Book 2 is already a hardcover at the price of $11.99. So I'm going to buy it when it's the paperback it was sold to loyal readers as. Not because I can't afford $11.99. I've got plenty of money. It's just that I don't like being taken for granted by authors and their pub
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
4.5 'slow start, awesome finish' stars

"Our strength must be tested," he whispered, "for us to know it's still there. And I will always be your warrior, Mary mine. Always and forever."~ Rhage

**sigh**

What a wonderful, beautiful story. I'm not a huge fan of this new generation of warriors, but the time spent with my Boys, their shellans and Bits - those moments alone make this story one I will re-read (parts of) often.

In fact, Blood Vow is well worth owning, so when the publisher decides they've go
Jilly
J.R. Ward has got her mojo back with the last couple of books. This one has the feel of the older, classic books in the BDB series. Dark, sexy, funny and oh-so-kickass.

True?

Even though this series is about the trainees, we get plenty of the original brothers. The main romance is between the BDB trainee, Axe, and a member of the vamp aristocracy, Elise, but there is also a substantial side-story about Rhage and Mary. Plus, we get enough glimpses of Zsadist to make our hearts go pitter-patter, and
Karen
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Mandi Schreiner
Dec 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr
This is the second book in the BDB spin-off series, but as we have seen in the past – this book has a main H/H, Axe and Elise, but the other half of the book (maybe even more than half) is the continuing story of Rhage, Mary and their adopted daughter Bitty. If you didn’t read Rhage’s book that came out in March, you might be a little lost with Bitty. Mary and Rhage adopted her (or are in the process of adopting her) after Bitty’s mother died from extreme abuse from her husband. Bitty also suffe ...more
warhawke
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Type: Book 2 of Black Dagger Legacy
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Axwelle (Axe) son of Theirsh wanted to make something out of his life. As a trainee of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, he was ready for anything. When there was a job opening for a bodyguard, he took that opportunity without realizing how much it would impact his life.

Elise blooded daughter of Felixe yearned to be free. As a female of aristocratic family, she had rigid expectations to meet. And her life was not ma
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
“But how do I know you’ll come home safe?”
Rhage blinked. “I am never not coming back to you and Mary.”
“What if you die, though?”
His first thought was:
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARY!

There are not appropriare enough words to describe how much I love this woman's style. I'm a sucker for pop culture references and all those names turned into verbs. If her style were a person, I'd hump their leg like a Chiwawa in heat.

Now, before she gets a restraining order against me, let's get to the book. The main
♔ Jaela ♊ Killer ⚔ QUEEN
Elise and Axe....yes, ok, they were good, but it felt like they weren't the stars of this book.

I hoped the Mary-Rhage drama would be over by now, and I didn't really understand the importance of these two being MC in this book, too, but I really enjoyed it, although I'd have liked to read more about Elise and Axe. I felt like the development of their relationship was a bit rushed in the end.

The things I liked:

-Novo as the next MC will be awesome. I like her very much, I loved her in this book. S
Maria Clara
Apr 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Buenooooooo, ¿qué puedo decir? Aunque empecé a leer este libro con algún que otro recelo, la Ward es la Ward, y me encanta la hermandad :) Eso si, no sé si tenemos nuevo romance entre Saxton y Runh....
Jen
It is always such a treat for me to be able to visit the BDB world, and to see all of my favorite vampires too. I wasn't disappointed in the least, as we were given a glimpse into their lives once again, and the humor that is always present between the guys was their too! JR Ward has such a brilliant dialect, and she has created characters that are impossible not to love, as well as they are always so highly entertaining. My only reason for the four stars is because I did feel like the storyline ...more
Jason Bradley
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it
hmm... okay, there are parts of this that I really liked. And there are parts I don't. I think the author needs to stop using BDSM as her "I'm a bad boy and I need a good woman to cure me" theme. Add in her theme that a good woman can cure a man of being bi and wow... that is so... wrong! She makes a point through Axe's dialogue that there are lots of sane normal people in BDSM, then she goes on to show the exact opposite. She even has an alcoholic and drug user who is seen as superior to someon ...more
Carmen Rae
I always find it so hard to review certain books and / or authors. I find that I pick up the book and get so lost in the story that I don’t bother to take notes or think about the story until I put it down, normally in the same sitting I picked it up in. And the Black Dagger Brotherhood are almost at the top of the list of books that I struggle with.

The thing is they aren’t just one book to review. Every book in this series is a continuation from the initial book, every character just gets adde
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
With every J.R. Ward book I read, I usually have some high expectations. But actually with this one, I went in without really making observations beforehand and still, Ward managed to impress me.

BLOOD VOW is Elise and Axe’s book. Axe is the kinkier one of the new recruits and for a moment, I worried that he was going to be Vishious 2.0 but actually he’s not anything like V at all and the BDSM aspect that I thought that might be present isn’t there at all.

I wasn’t sure I was going to like Axe as
Jacqueline's Reads
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books, pnr
4.5 Stars

This book snuck up on me. I didn’t even realized it was out until I saw it on Amazon. I’m a fan of The Black dagger Brotherhood series and I’m finally caught up on it. I really like how J.R. Ward continued the series with this spin off Black Dagger Legacy series. Like ALL of her books, you can read them as a standalone, but it’s better if you read them in order. I will even say, it’s better to read both The Black dagger Brotherhood series and Black Dagger Legacy in order. It will just m
♥Rachel♥
Wanted more of the story focused on Axe and Elise, but still enjoyed it.

Can't wait for Novo and Peyton's story!
♥ℳelody
Axewell

Another fun read by J.R. Ward. I liked this better than Book 1 simply because the couple were sweeter and the side story was more interesting & intense.

The things I loved:
Axe & Elise: I’ll be honest I was prepared to not care for Axe’s love interest after finding out Axe’s HEA is a female, considering he’s Bi I thought Ward really passed up on the chance of a great dynamic story. I still think she passed up on something that could have been really great. But any whoozles.....I wa
Alba Turunen
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, vampiros
4'5 Estrellitas y media para otra joyita que nos ha publicado la Ward. ¡Cómo me ha hecho sentir éste libro! Cada escena, cada palabra, me ha dejado los pelillos cómo escarpias. He llorado, he gritado, he reído. Con éste libro he sentido una y mil emociones. Y es que tengo que decirlo, pero la Ward que me enamoró con sus primeros libros, me ha demostrado que está de vuelta, desde "Blood Kiss" y pasando por "The Beast" la Ward que me hizo iniciarme en la novela romántica ha vuelto.

¿Y qué tenemos e
Carolina Carriço
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
#2

As I expected I loved this book. So, so much. All these characters mean so much to me, I can't imagine my life without them in it, it may sound harsh and dramatic but I've followed these books for almost 8 years religiously, they became part of me, part of my friends and family, I feel like I know everyone so well I could write one of the books myself. I will never tire of reading BDB books, never.

One of my favorite things about these books has to me how we follow them in their mundane lives
Yous
I'm sorry but if 4 of your 'bisexual' characters end up with members of the opposite sex, you have a problem.
Lo Bookfrantic
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-br, audio, vampires
4.5
AJ
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fantastic!

4.5 stars!

Oh, how I love being back in the Black Dagger Brotherhood world!! This is book 2 in the Black Dagger Legacy series, however I wouldn’t really call this is a spin off. It’s more a continuation of the BDB storylines – but with the spin off characters giving us a second storylne. You will need to have read The Beast (BDB, #14) before you read this one otherwise you’re going to be a bit lost.

The Black Dagger Legacy books focus around a group of trainee warriors being t
Shawna
4-4.5 stars - Paranormal/Vampire Romance

I really enjoyed this installment, especially the parts that focused on one of my all-time favorite romantic couples, Rhage and Mary, and the scenes with Lassiter.

There's a new romance between the BDB trainee/fighter Axe and the aristocrat Elise, but it's largely a continuation of Rhage, Mary, and Bitty's story from The Beast.
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio
4.5
This was great as always. I teared up several times in the story. I just loved Axe. But he's broken and I love broken characters.

The story with Rhage was good too. Though V is my all time favorite. My heart still breaks for him and hope is the family thing will resolve in a future book soon.

Saxton has a crush on Run. The question is will Run return his affection.

And honestly I wanted more between Axe and Elise at the end. Hell, I didn't even realize Paradise and Craig were together together.
Madison Mega-Mara...: #174 Blood Vow by J.R. Ward 1 9 Dec 26, 2016 08:28PM
  • Defy the Dawn (Midnight Breed, #14)
  • Shadow's Seduction (Immortals After Dark, #17; The Dacians, #2)
  • Wild Embrace (Psy-Changeling #2.5, 5.1, 11.5, 12.1)
  • Guardian's Mate (Shifters Unbound, #9)
  • Dragonmark
  • Into the Fire (Night Prince, #4)
  • The Darkest Promise (Lords of the Underworld, #13)
  • Immortal Nights (Argeneau, #24)
  • Dragon Spawn (World of the Lupi, #13)
  • Eleventh Grave in Moonlight (Charley Davidson, #11)
  • Rules of Contact (Play by Play, #12)
  • Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5)
  • Wake A Sleeping Tiger (Breeds, #22)
  • The Sight (Devil's Isle, #2)
  • Crimson Death (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #25)
  • Winter Halo (Outcast, #2)
  • Unraveled (Elemental Assassin, #15)
J.R. Ward is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of numerous novels, including the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. She lives in the South her family.
More about J.R. Ward

Black Dagger Legacy (3 books)
  • Blood Kiss (Black Dagger Legacy, #1)
  • Blood Fury (Black Dagger Legacy, #3)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • To Dream (The Broken Roads #4)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Ghouls Rush In (Peyton Clark, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • To Trust (The Broken Roads #1)
  • A Falling Star
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Just Grace (Oklahoma Land Rush, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Nailed (Worked Up, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Montana Cherries (Montana Wildes, #1)
  • The Lake House
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Velvet (The Promised Land #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fated (Servants of Fate, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Emma's Folly (Oklahoma Land Rush, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Redemption (The Love's Valley #4)
  • In the Cards
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tilly (The Drifters & Dreamers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
“You can stay home,” V muttered. “You really can totally f-in’ stay the f home, you f’ed-up mother-f’ing f-twit.”
Lassiter clasped his breastplate, and swooned like Julie Andrews. “Don’t you love it when he can’t swear? Warms my cockles—it’s like watching a drunk on roller skates try to play dodgeball in the dark—”
9 likes
“Our strength must be tested,” he whispered, “for us to know it’s still there. And I will always be your warrior, Mary mine. Always and forever.” 8 likes