Start by marking “Intended for Bristol (Second Chances, #9)” as Want to Read:
Intended for Bristol (Second Chances, #9)

Intended for Bristol

(Second Chances #9)

L. P. Dover’s tantalizing Second Chances series gets a change of scenery as the Carolina Cougars’ infamous bad boy heads to the West Coast. His best laid plans call for seduction—but a driven career woman has him begging for more.

Trying to live down his very public indiscretions, Carolina Cougars kicker Jaxon Reed feels like the most hated man in the NFL. When he’s trade
Published December 6th 2016 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Intended for Bristol, please sign up.
L.P. Dover Hi Claudia!

Hi Claudia!

The description is wrong. Random House changed it on the retail sites, but it looks like they forgot to do it here. Originally, I was going to have him traded, but figured it'd be best to keep him with Carolina. I'm so sorry for the confusion. (less)

Start your review of Intended for Bristol (Second Chances, #9)
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Release Date: December 8, 2016
Blog Tour Date: December 16, 2016
Genre: Contemporary Sports Romance
POV: Dual - 1st person
Steam: 3
Series or Standalone: Book 9 of the Second Chances series but can be read as a standalone

A few things I've come to expect so far from the stories created by L.P. Dover are that they're romantic and sexy with a touch of danger. This book was no exception. This was a contemporary sports romance with a bit of suspense thrown in to keep things interes
Lea ★
I received an ARC copy of Intended for Bristol from Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept in exchange for a honest review.

This is my first L.P. Dover book, and although it is a book number 8 in the series, it is a standalone, so don't worry, you won't be confused at all.
This is an insta-love sports romance with very likable characters - Jaxon and Bristol.
Jaxon is a professional football player, and player in every sense of the word. Ladies man, bad boy and a bit of a jerk. If you are into
Nicola
Oct 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 15%.

I enjoyed the previous two books I'd read in this series and I was looking forward to seeing how Jaxon was going to be redeemed. But that's not happening as I have no idea what's happened here but in comparison to the previous books, this was not good at all. I know 15% isn't a great deal to have read, but it was enough; the authors writing voice sounded nothing like previously, and that 15% was an info dump on secondary characters.

I was intending to persevere but my decision to part
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jaxon Reed has a lot to atone for. He's the jerk on the team that has pulled some pretty awful stunts on his team mates because of jealousy. Just when you think he has finally learned his lesson, he decides to mess with the new quarterback on the team by getting involved with the QB's sister. What he wasn't expecting was to fall in love with her.

Jaxon was a pretty hard character to fall in love with. He has done some pretty mean things. While he seemed to try to be better, his jerkiness would st
Beth
Jaxon is what everyone has come to expect as the “typical” professional football player bad boy. He has a bad rep, known as a bad boy and lady’s man. Going to get traded because his rep has fallen so hard, he plans and playing it safe...until Bristol.

Bristol is known as the untouchable good girl sister of one of Jaxon’s team mates and there is nothing Jaxon wants more than to get to “know” Bristol in every sense of the word.

Intended for Bristol is an insta-love contemporary sports romance. Predi
Karen Mc
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love is not something you go out and look for. Sometimes what you’re looking for is already there. Love finds you, and when it does, ready or not, it’ll be the best thing to ever happen to you.

Love found me in the sweet, sexy, and suspenseful sports romance, Intended for Bristol, by L.P. Dover. I lost myself in this spellbinding story, one that hit my heart like a fast-thrown pass and sunk itself into my soul. Intended for Bristol caught me like a football and claimed me like a touchdown.

The te
Debbie
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you’ve been reading L.P. Dover's Second Chances series, then like me you’ve probably been waiting and wanting bad boy Jaxon Reed's story. And like me, you’ve been anxious to finally meet the girl who would tame the NFL Carolina Cougar womanizer, Jaxon. Bristol Thomas moved to Charlotte, North Carolina a year ago and works for M&M Architectural Design, where she’s an interior designer. Bristol left Texas and her past with her cheating boyfriend, a NFL wide receiver for Dallas, behind her, and ...more
Jan
Aug 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: sports-stars, arc
A good read

Predictable with good characters told in dual pov's.

A star player with a reputation who falls for his team mates sister.

I struggled with Jackson and wasn't sure if I liked him, the fact that the football team seemed to hate onanother rather than work as a team I found iritating as I couldn't figure out how they won games with no team spirit.

I haven't read previous books so I have nothing to go on with the extended characters or what had happened in their lives prior to this book or
Melyssa Winchester

Title:Intended for Bristol
Author: L.P. Dover
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Sports – Football, Suspense
Series or Standalone: Standalone Series (Second Chances #8)
Rating: ★★★★

Review

*whistles*

I’m pretty sure the police department in this town needs to just spend their days following this team and their friends around, because clearly all the crazy people are already doing it. Wow.

Much like the previous books in this series, we’ve got a footballer gobsmacked in the face by love, one who is more than
Strider28
4 1/2 stars

I really enjoyed Intended for Bristol! It's well written, character driven and has several great storylines. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because of some of the elements related to pro-football were too unrealistic for me. (I used to cover the games as a TV photojournalist) I understand creative license but this was too much for me...but I'm probably being picky.
Jaxon is a manwhore and and asshole. In a previous book he did something really shitty to one of his teammat
Amy
Aug 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

Told from dual points of view, Intended for Bristol follows the story of Jaxson and Bristol. Jaxson has made a lot of mistakes in his life. He’s made enemies out of his teammates and has the title of the NFL’s most hated player. However, there is more to Jaxson than meets the eye and it’s just going to take the right woman for everyone to see just how amazing and different Jaxson really is….Bristol doesn’t play games and doesn’t like football players. Burned from the pas
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
***ARC Provided by the publisher and NetGalley***

I struggled with this one. First, as I don't think the blurb is accurate. Unless I missed it, he was still a part of the team where he was less than popular due to things he has done in the past and was not transferred to California but stayed with the original team? Other than being a little confused by this, it didn't impact the story.

Jaxon and Bristol were both realistic characters, for the most part. That said, I never really grew to like Bris
Brenda
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book start really good. Jaxon is an asshole and knows that he is a competitive guy. He made a lot of mistakes yet he is taking one by day. Jaxon is the guy that you love and hate he does not apologise. When a new soccer is on the team he has to give the guy some lesson.

And its that when the plot increase for me. All the players seems more enemies than a time. And Jax intentions towards Bristol was very clear from the begining. He likes her. Bristol is an architect/design not sure what her p
Tami
Aug 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, dover
This review is based on an ARC provided by the author and/or the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.

I LOVE this author. I loved this whole series. I'm not holding this book against her. It was still a good book, just not one that is going on my favorites list. Every other book of hers that I have read is there though, so I highly recommend anything that this author puts out there. Seriously, I promise that this is a good book.
Cory
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mf-2019
Oops....I love it when I read book 9 in a series first. I really enjoyed it all the same and I'm looking forward to reading the others. Although I really liked Jaxon in this book and it sounds like he was an asshole in the previous books so that part is going to suck I guess, but I'll get over it.
Nadine Bookaholic
Nadine

Jaxon is the bad boy that rivals all others, this sexy Kicker for the Carolina Cougars just doesn't know when enough is enough. We have seen him try to steal his teammates girlfriend in Catching Summer by arranging for the ex-girlfriend of the player to be found in his bed by the current girlfriend (that Jax wanted for himself) and had a used condom on the floor to look like they had sex...seriously who does stuff like that?? Jaxon that's who! So he's moved on and is trying to curb his outrageo
Ralou by Collector Of Book Boyfriends

LINK: https://collectorofbookboyfriends.com...

Who can resist when the bad-boy man gets his second chance at love and his well-deserved HEA? Well, no one. And Dover knows damn well how to take these second chances in whole new levels, making them from the best in the literature world. And by default, once again, she delivers a novel which will have any reader reeling for days.

Intended for Bristol is the 9th novel in the Second Chances series and, for those who know, is the incredible story of Ja
Nicole
Aug 01, 2016 rated it did not like it
[DNF]

I hate, hate, hate DNFing books for reviews. but I made it to about 20% before I just couldn't anymore. The writing is all tell, tell, tell. Too many names and details that aren't really necessary. Not in an info dump right in the middle of actual action, anyway. I get that there are a lot of players and back stories from previous books in the series, but if you're info-dumping all over the place in the middle of a scene that's supposed to move the story along ... it just does not flow at a
Kristine
Nov 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Original review can be found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

** I received an advanced readers copy from Loveswept via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!**

Intended for Bristol is the 8th book in the Second Chances series but it can be read as a stand alone. I have read some but not all of the previous books. There are reoccurring characters but each book is about a different set of characters.

This book was really quick and easy to get through. Although it was a lit
Eimear
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
ARC kindly provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

Let me start by saying that this is the first book in the series that I have read. You don’t really need to read the other stories first as a lot of the connections with the secondary characters are explained. In saying that, I probably would have liked this more if I had read the other books.

I felt like something was missing throughout this book. The characters felt shallow and unexplored, and it was difficult to see how they fell
JMV
Aug 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: author-review
Received from the author from NetGalley for a honest review. This is my 3 book from this series and all are different with a common link the "Football". And all keep us connected with other in the series like Derrick & Haydem, Evan & Jessica and so on. This story we get a chance to re connect with the bad boy kicker Jaxon, who is trying to get back on everyone's good side again. Meeting the lovely Bristol the sister of the new cocky quarterback Ryan, Jaxon thinks that this could be a good way to ...more
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
First off, the blurb is wrong. I was confused in the beginning of the book. I thought maybe it was supposed to be about Bristol's brother? Jaxson doesn't get traded. After I got that sorted out, the plot was pretty predictable. I do like this author a lot and have read just about all of her books. I liked that Jaxson was able to redeem himself with his team. I liked that Bristol saw the good in him before she learned of the bad. Together they make a very sweet couple.

It was nice to catch up on
Taz
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
L.P Dover made me cry! Jaxon Reed is the kicker for the Carolina Cougars and one of the most hated men on his team. After much groveling to get back into the good graces of his teammates, then he meets Bristol at a local tavern. She is everything he never knew he always wanted. Bristol and Jax start to spend time together, only catch she doesn't know he is a footballer player which she despise. Can Jax overcome Bristol issues and those of his stalker to find love.
The Book Lover
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
*review on release day*
★♡Tamara♡★
Sep 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Full review to come closer to release day! arc received from Netgalley
Jiji
May 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
TL;DR: TSTL main characters and author who couldn't remember her own story.

Book could do with better editing to ensure coherence in the story.

Chap 6, Bristol
" My mother had Ryan just out of college and his father was too involved with partying to take responsibility. So she left and took Ryan with her. When she met my dad, he fell instantly for her,
She married my dad and a couple of years later, they had me."

Chap 8 Bristol "Ryan was only one year older than me".

Top notch super smart Bristol, s
Michelle Austin
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
description

Intended for Bristol was a great 5 star read.

Bristol is excited that her brother Ryan is moving to town to be the quarterback for the NFL team Carolina Cougars.. Due to being hurt in the past she stays far away from his teammates and the games.

Of course her brother doesn’t make a great first impression and Jaxon sets his sights on getting him back. When he see’s Ryan talking to Bristol at the bar he finds his mark and moves in on her. Little does he know
Janet
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by this author and even though I received my copy via Netgalley that was not a final version of the book and there were many errors in the version I was reading I do hope they were corrected. I am going to base my review on the fact that they were corrected in the final version.
Even though this is part of a series, it can be read as a stand alone. The author did a good job with providing the needed information about the prior characters to not leave new to the
Angela
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
A great story about second chances that you won't want to miss! It had a intriguing storyline, interesting characters, humor, secrets, angst, deceit, and surprise twists that will have you turning the pages to see what happens next. This was the first book in this series that I have read, but realized quickly that it wasn't necessary to read the others to know what was going on. There are many details about the other characters, and their stories, that I felt as though I wasn't missing anything. ...more
ItsAboutTheBook
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: holly
Review can be read at It's About The Book

LP Dover writes the best romantic suspense novels around. I’ve read the series from book one and have enjoyed every one if them. This one was especially suspenseful and I found myself both crying at certain parts and screaming at others. Include the sweet way the two characters got together and you’ve got pure gold!

Jaxon was a really bad decision maker. Tired of not getting the limelight, he’d succumbed to jealousy and started doing really crappy thin
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Bargain Basement: $15 Amazon Gift Card & MEGA Swag Pack 1 5 Dec 07, 2016 03:48PM

• Unexpected Reality (Unexpected Arrivals, #1)
  • Confessions of a Former Puck Bunny
  • Anatomy of a Player (Taking Shots, #2)
  • Crazy Pucking Love (Taking Shots, #3)
  • Icing (Aces Hockey, #2)
  • Willing Captive
  • How to Be Remy Cameron
  • Power
  • The Beginning of Everything
  • The Match (It Happened in Charleston, #1)
  • D.I.E.T. -Did I Eat That? (Adventures in Love 2)
  • Jacob's Song
  • The Land Where Sinners Atone
  • Devilry (King University, #2)
  • Unsupervised (Slumming It, #1)
  • Blood Cure (Blood Type, #3)
  • Cinderella Screwed Me Over
  • Redemption (AmBw Romantic Suspense)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author L. P. Dover is a southern belle living in North Carolina with her husband and two beautiful girls. Before she began her literary journey she worked in periodontics, enjoying the wonderment of dental surgeries.

She loves to write, but she also loves to play golf, go on mountain hikes and white-water rafting, and has a passion for singing. Her two young

Second Chances (9 books)
  • Love's Second Chance (Second Chances, #1)
  • Trusting You (Second Chances, #2)
  • Meant for Me (Second Chances, #3)
  • Fighting for Love (Second Chances, #4)
  • Intercepting Love (Second Chances, #5)
  • Catching Summer (Second Chances, #6)
  • Defending Hayden (Second Chances, #7)
  • Last Chance (Second Chances, #8)