Start by marking “Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 06” as Want to Read:
Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 06

Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 06 (Rurouni Kenshin #6)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  2,641 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Kenshin's battle with Raijûta to decide the fate of Meiji Era swordsmanship is coming to a head. One fact is quickly becoming apparent: Raijûta will stop at nothing to ensure the supremacy of his own school of sword-fighting! Reunited with a member of the former Sekihô Army--that doomed civilian unit--Sanosuke runs into trouble of his own. Old alliances are challenged when ...more
Published August 3rd 2004 by VIZ Media LLC (first published August 4th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 06, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 06

Nicolás Pinto
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historic, japan, manga
La realidad es que no fueron 3 estrellas por que las historias extra lo levantaron mucho, pero el final de Raijuta me cayó mal (más cuando el mismo autor explica la razón por la que lo hizo!!). Sin embargo, Kenshin la rompe.
Declan
Nov 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Feel like its starting to build to something now. Not sure what yet.
Jeffrey
Pretty average stories, though it does introduce another, albeit brief, student to the school and has a nice side story for Sanosuke.
Nicolo Yu
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Volume 5 and 6 contains a weaker arc from the previous one. As the villain, Raijuta is neither compelling, nor of any interest to this reader.

In volume 6, Raijuta's schemes predictably came undone, but at a cost. Yutaro's injuries caused nerve damage and he may never learn the sword. This volume ended with a Sano-centric story that explored more of his past.

Overall, this series has a lot of anachronisms, but that more of a creative license for the mangaka. It's not a slavish depiction of the Mei
Julie theriault
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
very good book
Christina
Sep 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
It's at the climax for the battle between Raijuuta and Kenshin when Raijuuta is finally able to truly anger Kenshin. Even though Raijuuta had been rendered a pride-less samurai with the confidence of 0%, will his foolish actions cause the loss of the pride and dream of a young, aspiring, Tokyo samurai? Then, a man from the past enters Sanosuke's life and threatens to take him away from his friends and easy-going life by proposing a plan that will revive the Sekiho Army... But at what cost to the ...more
Robert J. Roland
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
The fact that they added drugs into a book like this threw me for a loop. I actually didn't expect a book like this to go so far into drugs. I think that actually make this book even more Awesome. Not to much I'd rate this a 4 because it was a little harder too read than normally. I don't know if it's because the writers are going with a new approach or if this book is just a little off for me.
Starbubbles
Jul 02, 2010 rated it liked it
i really enjoyed the sailor saturn reference. they even looked alike! it was super niffty! plus i've been enjoying seeing differences in how the anime reinterpreted different story developments (such as the rich kid and his evil sensei).
Nikki
Jul 17, 2008 rated it really liked it
I like the character development for Yahiko and Yutaro here. Hee. And the side story with Sanosuke in it is great. I didn't bother reading the bonus story, though -- I read it ages ago and, eh, it didn't leave much impression on me.
Feather Mista
Nov 01, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La famosa calma antes de la tormenta. Este tomo en su momento me gustó mucho pero no era nada comparado a lo que estaba por venir. Puntos extras por la historia "Luna creciente sobre un país en guerra".
Thomas Griffin
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I found the side stories and proto-tales in both volumes 5 and 6 more entertaining than the main Raijuta story they book-ended. The "Powerful guy seeks Kenshin out to test his power and is a dick about it" plot arc is starting to get old.
Engie
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Buen tomo y toda la vaina, sí, sí, pero YA SE VIENE SAITO ah, por fin.
Tori
Oct 04, 2008 added it
Shelves: manga
Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 6 (2004)
Kelly Tse
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a guilty pleasure re-read of the series alongside my regular GR challenge. I've loved Rurouni Kenshin since I was a kid, and it makes me happy to dive back into this series.
Jess Neuner
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, reviewed
So Raijuuta finally attacks Kenshin, in the process wounding his own apprentice (who he wasn't really teaching anyway, leaving that to Kaoru, with her 'life-protecting' kenjutsu that he wanted to destroy). I liked how Yuutaro's relationship with Yahiko was a sort of rivalry but sort of friendship. Neither would admit to actually caring, so they had to word it all in terms of wanting to fight each other.

Once that story was wrapped up, it moved on to the second - Sano discovers that a talented ar
Scott Lee
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was hoping after his introduction that Raijuta would prove a worthy long-term opponent along the lines of Aoshi from the Onibawanshu arc, but as Nobuhiro describes himself in the character note, Raijuta shrunk right before my eyes--from a great villain, to a tremendously strong fake. I was disappointed, but he definitely became a character that should be a one arc character.

Following the main story there's a three chapter Sanosuke story that does a great job of showing the man beneath all the
Elizabeth
May 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga-comics
Yeaaaahh.... I find the Raijuta chapters to be very lackluster. Raijuta isn't a particularly intriguing villain, though the discussion of the future of swordsmanship is valuable enough.

I also didn't particularly like Sanosuke's side story, mainly because it felt rushed. (view spoiler)

Is this the one with Watsuki's very first manga one-shot? If so, oh my wo
Lynn
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Today's post is on Rurouni Kenshin volume 6 by Nobuhiro Watsuki. It is 200 pages long and is published by Shonen Jump. The cover has Kenshin on it looking cool. It is the sixth volume in the long running series. You have to have read the five first in the series to understand the story. The intended reader is someone who likes historical stories, manga, and interesting characters. There is no foul language, no sex, but some violence in this series. The story is told from third person close follo ...more
Robin
May 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
This story literally has everything I love in a manga. A fantastic main character with a wonderful backstory, an awesome leading lady who isn't just there for boob-service and actually has a great, well-rounded character, wonderful and memorable supporting characters whether they be friends or foes, stories that get rounded-out and resolved and don't just focus on getting the BRAND NEW FIGHTING TECHNIQUE!!1, a storyline that doesn't stray into sentimental or cliche and yet still tugs at your hea ...more
La Revistería Comics
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ed-arg, manga
Reedición de Rurouni Kenshin volumen 6: No hay razón para preocuparse.
Incluye la popular sección "Aclaraciones de la traducción" y el índice original, inédito en la primera edición argentina.

Índice de Rurouni Kenshin Volumen 6: No hay razón para preocuparse
Capítulo 40: Un hombre de ideales
Capítulo 41: Otra técnica secreta
Capítulo 42: Vos no conocés
Capítulo 43: La conclusión
Capítulo 44: No hay razón para preocuparse
Capítulo 45: Historia extra: Sanosuke y el nishiki-e (primera parte)
Capítulo 46: H
Jonathan Dillingham
Rurouni kenshin is the strongest japanese swordsmean ever. He has his own dojo and trains with his friends kaoru, sano,yahiko and yotaro. He is an assasin for a man named okubo, and has killed many. But of those he had failed o kill in the past, have come back to kill him! Although kenshinhasgiven up his assasin path, he still does what he has to do to protect his friends.

I really liked the book and I am going to read more in the series because I liked the action and the thrills. I rate this boo
Ninja Neko
Nov 18, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I liked this one better than the previous volumes, as it focussed a bit more on characters (Yahiko and Sanosuke in particular). Still can't really get into Rurouni Kenshin. Very episodic ("villain of the week" type of thing), very little character development, and just a lot of, well, fighting. The art is pretty good though, and I'm still hoping to find something deeper - I picked up this series from the local library because I remembered loving the Tsuiokuhen (prequel) OVA a lot. So far the man ...more
Kelsey
Jul 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
Rurouni Kenshin is the second manga that I ever finished reading. I like the drawing style a lot and thought that the plot was pretty good. The thing that I liked about this manga was that there are several people and events in here (such as Saito Hajime, Katsura Kogoro, etc.) that were real/ did happen and I enjoyed looking up said people and events and finding out the historical facts. The manga is also a good read.
☆Meredith (メルたん)♪
Mar 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Something about Rurouni Kenshin sat well from the beginning, but it was only a four star at first. However, after a few novels it just got better and better, and I just love Sano and Kenshin! They're awesome and Yahiko is cute :)
However, the best part about this novel was the bonus story at the end. I mean seriously??? It makes me like Watsuki's work more & more.
Aurélie
Avec le recul, je me dis que ce manga Shonen n'était pas si bon que ça, mais j'ai longtemps conservé en mémoire l'effet produit par les extraordinaires OAV consacrées au chapitre du souvenir.
Kenshin reste un divertissement très honorables, mais je ne pourrais sans doute pas le relire aujourd'hui, too much.
Michelle
Oct 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Not only was this an action packed series, but it was also full of great historical information. I learned so much about Japan's history by reading this series. Watsuki managed to throw in a nice amount of romance as well. All in all, it was a great fun read that kept me wanting more.
Chris Bowen
great!
Steph
Sep 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: manga lovers
Shelves: manga
One of my favorite mangas.
  • Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 3: In the Flesh (Yu Yu Hakusho, #3)
  • Trigun: Deep Space Planet Future Gun Action!! Vol. 2 (Trigun, #2)
  • Ranma ½, Vol. 5 (Ranma ½ (US 1st), #5)
  • Kaze Hikaru, Vol. 2
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 1 (Voyage to the Moon World - Novel)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 5 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #5)
Watsuki Nobuhiro (和月 伸宏) is a Japanese manga artist, best known for his samurai-themed series Rurouni Kenshin. He once worked as an assistant for his favorite author Takeshi Obata.
More about Nobuhiro Watsuki

Rurouni Kenshin (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 1: Meiji Swordsman Romantic Story (Rurouni Kenshin, #1)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 02