Start by marking “Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 14” as Want to Read:
Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 14

Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 14 (Rurouni Kenshin #14)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  1,850 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
As the Juppongatana or "Ten Swords" move to attack those at Aoi-Ya (Kaoru, Yahiko, Misao, and the rest of the Kyoto-based spy clan), Kenshin--accompanied by Sanosuke and Saitô--squares off against one of his most powerful opponents yet: Shinomori Aoshi, former Okashira or "head" of the Oniwabanshû. Bound by promises to both return Misao's "Aoshi-sama" to her safely, and to ...more
Published May 4th 2005 by VIZ Media LLC (first published March 4th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 14, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 14

Nicolo Yu
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Kenshin and company continue on the gauntlet. In the midst of a battle for control of Japan, Kenshin and Aoshi finally have their duel. This fight would prove to a be costly one for Kenshin. Although he won, he had to reveal his trump card, the ultimate technique of his sword style, the Amakakeru Ryū No Hirameki, which he was saving for Shishio. During the duel, Aoshi underwent a metanoia of sorts, and realized that the sacrifice of his friends were not for him to live as he did now, but to live ...more
Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anime and Manga fans
Recommended to Samantha wickedshizuku by: previous volumes
This volume kicks off with Chapter 112: Progress.

I'll write more when editing mode hits me.
Have fun reading!
Ta-ta Pretties!
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-comics
I was gonna be stingy and go with a 3, but what the hey--I really liked this one, so let's go with a 4.

This volume is pure bad-assery. I find it amusing that Watsuki mentions that he's been getting complaints from his female readers because of the emphasis on the battle scenes, because I love when Kenshin is more about the action and less about the romance (though to be fair that's because I find the main romance in this manga dull--oh, the 9 year-old Kaoru/Kenshin OTPer I once was is shocked!)
Scott Lee
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent volume as the Kyoto arc continues. While the last volume ended with Sanosuke's triumph this volume is split between two more duels with Sishio's men: Saito takes on Uonoma, and then the volume ends with Kenshin vs. Asohi.

The Kenshin/Aoshi bout is particularly brutal, and particularly well done. There's plenty of character work here for a battle, and it's most obviously Aoshi who grows here, but the manner in which Kenshin keys his (Aoshi's) growth tells us a lot about him, his abiliti
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rurouni Kenshin is one of my favorite animes and manga. Quite enjoyable.
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
AMY ♥(pronounced AH-MEI)♥
3.5 I need less fighting and more Kenshoru and Aoshi.
Kelly Tse
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a guilty pleasure re-read of the series alongside my regular GR challenge. I’ve loved Rurouni Kenshin since I was a kid, and it makes me happy to dive back into this series.
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Cómo me encantas, Saitou.
Today's post is on Rurouni Kenshin volume 14 by Nobuhiro Watsuki. It is 192 pages long and is published by Shonen Jump. The cover has Kenshin and villains on it looking very cool. It is the fourteenth volume in the long running series. You have to have read the first thirteen in the series to understand the story. The intended reader is someone who likes historical stories, manga, and interesting characters. There is no foul language, no sex, but some violence in this series. The story is told f ...more
May 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
This story literally has everything I love in a manga. A fantastic main character with a wonderful backstory, an awesome leading lady who isn't just there for boob-service and actually has a great, well-rounded character, wonderful and memorable supporting characters whether they be friends or foes, stories that get rounded-out and resolved and don't just focus on getting the BRAND NEW FIGHTING TECHNIQUE!!1, a storyline that doesn't stray into sentimental or cliche and yet still tugs at your hea ...more
Karl Marberger
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Tremendous character development and revelations. Can't get enough. Onward!
Jul 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
Rurouni Kenshin is the second manga that I ever finished reading. I like the drawing style a lot and thought that the plot was pretty good. The thing that I liked about this manga was that there are several people and events in here (such as Saito Hajime, Katsura Kogoro, etc.) that were real/ did happen and I enjoyed looking up said people and events and finding out the historical facts. The manga is also a good read.
Avec le recul, je me dis que ce manga Shonen n'était pas si bon que ça, mais j'ai longtemps conservé en mémoire l'effet produit par les extraordinaires OAV consacrées au chapitre du souvenir.
Kenshin reste un divertissement très honorables, mais je ne pourrais sans doute pas le relire aujourd'hui, too much.
Jul 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I loved the showdown between Aoshi and Kenshin. Interesting way to end that little subplot. I'm growing still more fond of Sanosuke and Saitō, too. Although there was something off about Saitō and Usui's battle in this volume. It seemed kind of... short, which is not something I usually say of battles in RuroKen! But then Saitō is like that.
Anji and Sanosuke finish their battle. Saitō and Usui battle it out to a very bloody end and then the majority of this volume is dedicated to the battle between Kenshin and Aoshi- I loved this battle. So good!

Meanwhile, the Aoi-Ya inn is under attack and everyone had begun battling. Not much is shown so maybe the next volume will have more.
Aug 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, read-in-2009
Another "very good but not great" issue of Kenshin, featuring duels between Kenshin and his allies vs Shishio's Ten Swords.

Some of the pacing is off in this volume, especially in the battle between Aoshi and Kenshin, still, it's an entertaining read and worth it if you enjoy historical fiction.
May 11, 2009 rated it liked it
I've never much cared for how action-y this arc of the manga is, but I've always enjoyed Kenshin's fight with Aoshi (who badly needed that wake up call). What can I say? I have a soft spot for those two men.
Oct 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: youngadult, manga
Not only was this an action packed series, but it was also full of great historical information. I learned so much about Japan's history by reading this series. Watsuki managed to throw in a nice amount of romance as well. All in all, it was a great fun read that kept me wanting more.
Feather Mista
Mar 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Qué raro que no tenía marcada la edición argentina de este tomo, siendo uno de los volúmenes clave de mi etapa favorita de Kenshin. Cuando tenga el libro a mano, seguro reseñe algún que otro aspecto en particular de la obra. Quizás.
Variaciones Enrojo
Edición argentina, tomo 14. Tapa que se ve mejor acostadita.
Dec 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: martial-arts
Sarah Packard
Jan 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
I am reading this book on line at gamestotal and am now at page 130
Jul 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
despite this book almost purely fighting, i relly enjoyed it
Nov 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Oshua Gonzales
Feb 12, 2015
rated it it was ok
May 28, 2016
  • Trigun: Deep Space Planet Future Gun Action!! Vol. 2 (Trigun, #2)
  • Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 4: Training Day
  • Kaze Hikaru, Vol. 2
  • Ranma 1/2, Vol. 18 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #18)
  • Peacemaker Kurogane Volume 1
Watsuki Nobuhiro (和月 伸宏) is a Japanese manga artist, best known for his samurai-themed series Rurouni Kenshin. He once worked as an assistant for his favorite author Takeshi Obata.
More about Nobuhiro Watsuki...

Rurouni Kenshin (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 1: Meiji Swordsman Romantic Story (Rurouni Kenshin, #1)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 02