Start by marking “Worth the Risk (St. James #3)” as Want to Read:
Worth the Risk (St. James #3)

Worth the Risk

(St. James #3)

When Jackson St. James decided that six weeks in Vermont’s Green Mountains would help him get his life together, he didn’t anticipate replacing his craving for whiskey with a craving for his alluring new landlord, Gabby. Now, instead of prioritizing his sobriety and the resolution of the lawsuit threatening his business, he’s making excuses to spend time with the spunky yo

Published November 1st 2016 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Worth the Risk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worth the Risk

Start your review of Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
BookLover
ARC requested through Netgalley, and kindly provided by Montlake Romance in exchange for an honest review.

I have become quite attached to the St. James siblings since the first book in this series. Full of secrets, heartbreak and betrayal, the St. James have had a lot to overcome since the death of their mother. This is the final book in the series and the one I have been most looking forward to. Younger brother to David and older brother to Cat, Jackson seemed to be getting more an more out of
Alaina
This series was so cute, steamy, and adorable.

Worth the Risk was about Jackson St. James and I was really happy I finally got to read/listen to it. Jackson was interesting to say the least. I liked him but I have no idea if it was my favorite book out of the trilogy but it was enjoyable.

First, I didn't really like the narrator for the kindle version. Yeah, for some reason my audible app just didn't want to work today so it was kind of frustrating. The guy just kind of seemed bored reading the bo
Trish R.
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
This was barely OK...

I have no idea why this book got so many 5 star reviews because it was as depressing and silly as hell. I mean, why did Jackson drive from Connecticut to Vermont and rent a family’s carriage house and see a doctor there when he could have done it at home? And, holy crap, it was about time the “big” secret came out, since it was being held by David and his father through all three books. A secret that caused a rift in the family. A secret that sent Jackson spiraling into the
Bette Hansen
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
These St. James siblings have been through the wringer and each has handled life's challenges in their own way. Jackson St. James tried to lose himself in a bottle of booze. After an altercation on a jobsite and a family intervention, he is finally working to straighten himself out. Leaving the city and his troubles behind for a while and vacationing in Vermont is how he plans to get his life straight again. His life seems to get very interesting though when he meets the feisty and gorgeous daug ...more
Linda Zagon
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank NetGalley and Montlake Romance, Publishers for the ARC for "Worth the Risk" by Jamie Beck. I enjoyed this romantic novel and would recommend it. The characters are flawed but likeable.The author deals with issues such as addiction, trust, family, love and friendship,as well as a strong support system. I look forward to reading the other books in this series.
Aidil
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked the writing and all the plots in this book. It isn't just a romance where the characters go on and on about how beautiful the other person is and then have some cliche moments of jealousy. This one, both characters had a good background and their relationship developed on a good story line. Would definitely read all the other books in this series because the writing is just really nice and really glues you to the book.
Clorie
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 good series stars

I liked this 3rd book as the story made sense and wrapped everything nicely. Of course I would like to keep knowing what's happening with all the characters but I'm satisfied.

Again it was good dialogue, and wasn't afraid to say the tough things or have the conversations that we know what we want them to say. Basically they weren't stupid. It was realistic and interesting.

Will read more by this author
And I enjoyed the audio readers as well.
Vikki Vaught
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Musings

I have really enjoyed this series. Gabby and Jackson are perfect for each other. This novel has a surprising amount of substance. Glad I found this new to me author. Happy reading 📚!
Kavita Nair
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
I loved the first two books in the series. I could empathise with both sets of protagonists and was rooting for them throughout. But this book and its characters...

First Gabby.

Of the two protagonists, I like her better. At twenty two, I was in a bad relationship myself and was nowhere near capable of making good life choices. So I can kind of understand, if not approve of her choices. But her choices were dicey. You are the sole parent available to your child. Why would you, as a mother leave yo
D.M.
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It is no secret that Jamie Beck is one of my favourite authors and so far I haven't read anything by her that I would rate any less than 5 star quality. I think she could even make an IKEA manual interesting if she wrote it. I'm a hooked fan and always look forward to what she has come up with.

Worth the risk is part of the St James series. It can be read as a standalone however I probably would not recommend it because you are then going to want to go back and read the other books. This book is
Anna
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Finallyyyy i finished this book..
Almost 3 days. Just a bad record for me.
Huh
It started with solid 4 stars, than 3, I finally 2.. o less
Annoying heroine (the H has problems with alcohol, she asked him every second if he have been drinking.. every fucking second), just for this I was about to strangle her.
Jackson was pretty good, ex manwhore, alcoholic, but good guy, patient.
This book was boring, too much inner dialogues.. huh... I should dnf but..

Heather
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was really excited to read Jackson's story but what a let down. This was definitely my least favorite of the series. I really didn't like Gabby, she was selfish and unappreciative. I think there was a lot that should have been wrapped up to finish the series and it was left hanging in the air. the story was dry send undeveloped. big disappointment!
Tina Bailey
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
It was good but my least favorite.

Jackson's story; to be an alcoholic or not? All of this book is wrapped around an issue that really doesn't seem to be an issue. I just didn't get it. The sex scenes are all alike in all of these books; no imagination, and too much of it to the point of skipping it over until the actual storyline kicks back into place. Disappointed.
Julie Ramsey
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was my least favorite in this trilogy. It served the purpose of wrapping up the siblings’ stories; however, I did not think Gabby fit Jackson at all.

Cat’s story was good, but I would not choose this series to read again.
Viviana
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.
I was very glad the secrets came out. :) this was a fun easy read. Love the style of writing from this author. All her books so far are well written. :)
Jeff
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely "worth the risk". In this conclusion to the St James series, Jackson, middle son, is dealing with the repercussions of the end of Worth the Trouble and has decided to leave town for a few weeks to sort out his issues. He heads to Vermont, and just as he is getting into town he almost literally runs into Gabby during a thunderstorm. He's a mess, and she has a kid. But this is a romance novel, and these are our leads, so you know where this is going. As always in this series, very real ...more
Lusie
Apr 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book, but thought it was a little predictable. I liked the characters and enjoyed how Jackson interacted with the little boy. Even though it was a happy ending, the ending wasn't really satisfying for me. I think it's because things seem to go so easy.
Nate Brightman
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Below is my review of all 3 books in Jamie Beck’s St. James series
I’ve read dozens of modern romance series including two others by author Jamie Beck and I have to admit her St. James series is unique. What’s unique about it that the three St. James siblings, David, Jackson and Catalina whose romantic lives the three book series is based upon are not the heroes of the stories. Oh the St. James siblings are decent people for the most part but they are emotionally closed off, damaged millennials.
Heather
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I stumbled upon the St. James family in February and the moment that I finished the second book, I went searching for the third and then marked the release date for it on my wall calendar – Worth The Risk was a “must read”. Having the kind of anticipation that I did for this book, I was nervous to read the ARC copy that I requested and let it linger on my Kindle for a week before I opened it because I was afraid it wouldn't meet my expectations. After reading all of her other books and knowing t ...more
Beverly
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an advance copy of WORTH THE RISK in exchange for an honest review.

WORTH THE RISK was quite an emotional read. Well written with believable characters, Jamie Beck presents readers with a book which will keep their attention from beginning to end.

This author has the uncanny ability to put her finger on the pulse of timely, sensitive issues which many people deal with in their daily lives. She treats these issues with compassion, understanding and realism.

Jackson and Gabby are charact
Gail Baugniet
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
More Romance

I won a kindle copy of Worth the Risk in a Goodreads Giveaway. My expectation leaned toward mystery rather than romance. Even so, I was intrigued by the opening scenes, written to hook the reader with a steady build up of suspense. Good writing and worth the read for those who enjoy the genre.

Abi
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved this trilogy!!!

I really like these books. Great storylines, the characters were lovable, and I found myself identified with some of them and the circumstances they were facing and struggling with. Besides the great story, these books are excellent for reflection.
Loved them!!
Misty
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love Worth the Risk

Jackson is my fav. I have loved all the books in the series but this one was amazing. Emotionally heartbreaking moments and swoon worthy want to have your own Jackson moments. You'll laugh and want to cry. Well written book. I highly recommend Jamie Beck's books to all.
Cheri
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku
Jackson’s story really touched me. Maybe it’s being a middle child like he is, although they don’t specifically discuss that in this story. But I really felt the character always felt like he was in a sort of tug-of-war and ended up being the peace maker…which is a classic middle child characteristic.

My love for Jackson does not negate my love for Gabby. She is a spitfire and has such a huge heart. When we meet Gabby, she’s learned to put up some shields and is no longer a pushover. She’s been u
 J Alm
Mar 14, 2017 rated it liked it
A good final story but far from complete...

...

hence 3 not 5*.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Book 1 ______ Worth the Wait ________________ David and Vivi

Book 2 ______ Worth the Trouble _____________ Cat and Hank

Book 3 ______ Worth the Risk ________________ Jackson and Gabby

Anyway, the story has Jackson at his lowest. This was part
Gabriella
Jul 16, 2017 rated it liked it
3 Stars

This is going to be another one of those times when I'm going to rate a book based only on the quality of the writing and the story, even though I honestly didn't like it. The reason for this is I can recognize that my dislike of the book is totally a personal issue and it wouldn't be fair to give it a poor rating based on personal preferences without taking into consideration that it is a well written book. I just didn't connect with the story, didn't connect with the characters, dislike
Carlene
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After a family intervention, Jackson decides to uproot himself for a couple of weeks and head out to a small town to deal with his drinking problem - something he is sure he doesn't actually have a problem with. On his way he bumps into a young woman stuck out in a thunder storm with car problems, little does he know this woman is going to change his world.
Jackson bumps into Gabby again when he arrives at the house he has rented for the next few weeks, from there they begin this push and pull of
Pam
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Worth The Risk: St. James Book 3 is by Jamie Beck. This is the third in the St. James series and it is wonderful. It is compelling and keeps you reading to find out what is going to happen or rather how it will happen. You find yourself laughing and crying while reading this book, all your emotions are involved.
Jackson St. James needs help. He is on the verge of becoming an alcoholic and his brother and sister and best friend intervene. As a result, he is off on a six-week journey to figure him
Donna Rutledge
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jackson St. James is a haunted man. He has things in his past that he can't seem to get over and it's causing him to drink too much. His family finally stepped in and caused him to take time off from his career to deal with his ghosts and drinking.

Gabby is a small town girl who ended up in trouble. She has a son by a police officer who has come to his senses and wants to make a family with her and their son. She isn't so sure that he would be the best option for her.

She starts something with Jac
N.W. Moors
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
In the third and final book of the St James series, brother Jackson is in a lot of trouble because of his drinking. He heads to Vermont for counseling and some relaxation, hoping to get a handle on his issues with alcohol. He rents an apartment from Gabby Decouteau, single mom of a cute toddler and landscape business owner. Gabby's had her own issues with dependencies due to her mother's drug addiction. Add in her ex, the town cop, and Jackson and Gabby have a lot to deal with if they want to es ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite, #5)
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • Making It Right (Most Likely To #3)
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
  • It's In His Touch (Red River Valley, #2)
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
  • My Kind of Forever (Trillium Bay, #2)
  • Not Quite Crazy (Not Quite, #6)
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • It's In His Arms (Red River Valley, #4)
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
  • Seduced by Sunday (The Weekday Brides, #6)
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
  • My One and Only (Ardent Springs, #3)
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
My newsletter subscribers get monthly fun tips, a chance to win a reader gift box, and other exclusive content. Sign up now! https://bit.ly/BeckNewsletter. For updates on discounts and new releases, follow me on BookBub at http://bit.ly/2GBcLM3. NO SPAM--EVER.

Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestselling author Jamie Beck’s realistic and heartwarming stories have sold more than three million copi

St. James (3 books)
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
  • Worth the Trouble (St. James, #2)