Start by marking “A Royal Christmas Wedding (Royal Wedding #4)” as Want to Read:
A Royal Christmas Wedding (Royal Wedding #4)

A Royal Christmas Wedding (Royal Wedding #4)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  1,161 Ratings  ·  274 Reviews
It’s been five years since Avery Truitt and Prince Colin of Brighton Kingdom fell in love. But he broke her heart with no explanation.

Fast forward to present day, and Colin is Brighton’s most eligible bachelor now that cousin Stephen has married. When Avery’s father dies of a heart attack, she puts her life on hold and returns home to St. Simons Island, Georgia, to help Ma
Published October 18th 2016 by Zondervan (first published October 2016)

To ask other readers questions about A Royal Christmas Wedding, please sign up.
Jerrye Bell This is the fourth in the Royal Wedding Series - the first book was Once Upon a Prince, second was Princess Ever After and third was How to Catch a…moreThis is the fourth in the Royal Wedding Series - the first book was Once Upon a Prince, second was Princess Ever After and third was How to Catch a Prince.(less)

Cait • A Page with a View
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas-winter
That was basically like a fun Hallmark movie :)
Cyndi
May 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Figured since Prince Harry and Meghan married yesterday I should celebrate by reading a royal wedding book. How else would an avid reader celebrate? 📚I mean being a guest at their wedding might have been better, but books are a close runner.
Although this was a cute book, the romance didn’t come close to Harry and Meghan’s. So, our hero and heroine fall in love when she is in high school, but his father convinces him they are too young for commitments. He stands her up for her prom and then gho
Kara
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, romance
Seriously, can anyone else write such swoony, royal romances like Ms. Hauck? I think not! I have been a fan of her Royal Wedding series ever since book one, Once Upon a Prince, and this one is just as wonderful as the rest. I mean, we have another chemistry-laden couple who bicker a little and fight their attraction, a past romance that helps to complicate the present, we catch up with Nathaniel and Susanna's happily ever after, plus it all takes place in Brighton Kingdom at Christmas time (wel ...more
Dawn
Five years ago, Avery Truitt met Prince Colin of Brighton Kingdom. Five years ago, she fell in love. Five years ago, he broke her heart. Now, Avery's trying to find a coaching job as a volleyball coach. When she and her mother travel to Brighton to spend the Christmas season with her sister Susanna and brother-in-law, King Nathaniel. Susanna's pregnancy is helping to ease the sadness Avery has felt since her father's passing six months ago. Avery knows that she will have to see Prince Colin agai ...more
Deanne Patterson
This book was slow and draggy for me up until the last few chapters. Then the excitement happened. I wasn't sure the book was going to have enough pages left to fit all the excitement into it at the very end. I give this book a low rating because it was inconsistent and did not read at an even keel!
Rachael
Mar 02, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a quick, sweet easy read. I usually call these types of books "beach reads." However, this is a Christmas novel so how about a fireplace read! It's perfect for that. One character who has to learn to stand on his own two feet and do what he knows Gods will is. The other simply needs to trust that God will work His will in his time.

It's a sweet love story, of course, because the author is great at those. It has lovely characters, a beautiful dreamy setting, and a happily ever after ending
Kav
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Scrumptious holiday romance! This ticks all the boxes and put me in the holiday spirit...in April. Which is fine, really, since there's a major blizzard heading my way. If I'm getting the weather, I might as well enjoy the best part of winter, right? And that's Christmas reading!

A modern day fairy tale with a toe-curling prince who wrestles between duty and the heart! Blissful sigh. A snappy, scrappy Southern belle who hides a broken heart underneath all that moxie. Circumstances conspire along
Beth
There’s always something compelling about former loves being thrust together by life and circumstance. Add in a dash of royalty, pomp and circumstance, and that is the adorable story found in A Royal Christmas Wedding. One thing that is harder to do in a shorter narrative is feel a connection to the characters, but I never felt like I missed a vital piece of their back story. Avery and Colin’s pasts up until the opening of this story are presented in an easy, engaging way that makes it easy to c ...more
Brittany
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*Updated Review* I just finished listening to the audio book for A Royal Christmas Wedding and I enjoyed it just as much as the first time I read it. The narrator did a great job and this was so much fun to listen to!

This beautiful cover is so perfect for the wonderful story contained in this book! The Royal Wedding series is one of my very favorites and A Royal Christmas Wedding captured the fairy tale quality I love about these books. In fact, it reminded me how much I want to go back and read
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I really love this series.  It's one of my favorites and I'm always watching and waiting for the next book to come out.  There is just something about a royal prince/princess love story.  Kingdoms, balls, palaces- it's all very romantic.  This one is also a second chance at first love kind of story.

Colin and Avery have a history.  They fell in love at a young age but Colin left Avery high and dry with no explanations.  Her heart was crushed.  It's hard to get over that kind of hurt.  Avery is th
Beth Erin
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blogged
Full review on Faithfully Bookish http://wp.me/p7ngfE-s1

Avery Truitt is a down home, hard working southern girl. While it's true most people don't meet the love of their while in high school, that doesn't mean it never happens. Avery was thoroughly heartbroken when Colin stood her up and cut off all communication.

Now Colin is back in Avery's life while she's visiting her sister for Christmas and everyone gets all wrapped up in an old nearly forgotten tradition. While Colin is in the middle of th
Cara Putman
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I loved this novella. A perfect cap to the series -- though I hate to see it end.
Joy
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a perfect little way to finish off one of my favorite series.

Spending Christmas in Brighton Kingdom with her sister, Princess Susanna, Avery dreads one thing...seeing Colin again. He broke her heart five years ago and never looked back...and she's gonna make sure it seems like she hadn't either.

This was a perfect ending to a perfect series but I would have liked a little more information about Regina from Princess Ever After. It seems like after her novel, she was all but forgotten which is
Katie W
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've really enjoyed this series, as I love the idea of royals falling for commoners and this book is no exception. Prince Colin and Avery met and fell in love five years earlier, but he broke her heart...without reason. Now they have a second chance at love...if it all works out this time.

I love these characters! Prince Colin did indeed have a decent reason for the heartbreak, although he didn't handle it well. Chalk it up to immaturity. As much as he tries to fight his heart, he does a good job
Jessica Gillies
Really enjoyed parts of this, and a good quick read (if you can say that of an audiobook), although I didn't enjoy at as much as the first and third books of the series. Recommended if you're looking for a predictable but fun, feel-good Christmas story.
Emilie Hendryx
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-copy, romance
She’s done it again. Rachel Hauck has made me cry. I mean…Every. Single. Time. No matter what it is, if Rachel Hauck writes it I’m usually crying by the end (note: they are pretty much always happy tears!).

I was in desperate need of a great Christmas book to help me continue the feeling of the holiday’s past December and this book was exactly what I needed for that. I have long loved her royal series and this was the perfect end to that! Plus, combine a quaint kingdom, a handsome prince, and a
Kristine Morgan
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Royal Christmas Wedding is Rachel Hauck's fourth and final book in her Royal Wedding series. Fans will be glad to visit with characters from the other three books and see how they are getting along. Avery believes she has given up all feelings for Prince Colin after he abandoned her at her high school prom. Now she is visiting her sister, Princess of Brighton, and Colin is there. Will they continue to follow their own plans, or will they seek G-d's will? I believe that the following verse appl ...more
Katie
An easy Christmasy read that veered a little too much into the cheesy side for me.
Marguerite Gray
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lovely modern twist to a princess story. Perfect for the Christmas season. Thank you Rachel for this treat!
Rachel
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this conclusion to the Royal Wedding series by Rachel Hauck. Colin and Avery had fallen in love five years ago but their romance was cut short when Colin stopped communicating with Avery. Avery has tried to move on with her life but she is about to spend Christmas with her sister, the Queen, right in his hometown. Will Colin finally explain why he shut her out? Will seeing him bring closure or again spark the flame of their love?

I loved this series and the romance of ringing a bell to
Chantel

A Royal Christmas Wedding felt like a wonderful reunion with one of my favorite royal families! It's been about 4 years since I read and loved the book that started it all, Once Upon A Prince. I absolutely adored Susana and Nathaniel's love story. So, I was all kinds of excited to see Susana's younger sister, Avery (who was one of my favorites from book one) all grown up with a love story of her very own!

After visiting Brighton Kingdom with her sister Susanna. Avery had fallen head-over-heals i
Kathy
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018

Content: Clean Christian Romance
Debbie
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Royal Christmas Wedding" by Rachel Hauck is the fourth book in (The Royal Wedding Series) and it is the perfect finish to the series. Even though it is the last book in the series, It can be read alone and enjoyed as well as all the other three books. I will say that I am glad I read all four. They all have the same characters, but each story is a complete story about a different couple.

The couple in "A Royal Christmas Wedding" by Rachel Hauck met in the first book "Once Upon A Prince" and we
Tima
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Avery hasn't seen Prince Colin since before he ditched her before senior prom. In fact, she hasn't heard a word from him for five years. So she's not looking forward to joining her mother in Brighton as they visit her sister Susanna. Susanna is pregnant again after numerous miscarriages and wants her family around for the holidays. But after the death of her father Avery feels like she's drifting and hopes that she won't run into Colin so she can regroup and figure out what her next plan should ...more
Cassie
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-for-review
From the moment Avery and Colin met in Once Upon A Prince, I wanted more of their story. A couple of years later, and I was delighted to learn we would finally be getting it. Add in the Christmas season, and you get a delightful novella filled with Brighton tradition and renewed love.

Avery and Colin broke up five years ago. They were too young and lived too far apart to make things work. But five years later, neither of them has truly moved on, and who’s to say they were supposed to? This is a l
Terry Houchin
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great love story by Rachel Hauck!

I am so happy that Rachel decided to write the Colin and Avery story. They had a brief romance in a previous book and I hoped they would get their happily ever after.

I love the centuries-old Brighton tradition of the bell being rung and of the man declaring his love for his special woman. I also like how Rachel turned this tradition into a spiritual event. (really cool)

I picture Brighton as a quaint old town, maybe Swiss or Bevarian in style. (These are j
Lindsay
Book Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding by Rachel Hauch Book Title: A Royal Christmas Wedding Author: Rachel HauchGenres: Christmas, Romance,Series: Royal WeddingPublisher: ZondervanPublish Date: 2016-10-18 (240 Pages, Paperback)

Avery Truitt is someone who was going to college to be a professional volleyball player. 5 years before she meet Prince Colin when she was with her sister Susanna went to Cathedral City. What ever happen to Avery and Colin?

Susanna has invited both her sister and mother
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
First, the disclaimer. "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own." That done, A ROYAL CHRISTMAS WEDDING is the latest in Ms. Hauck's The Royal Wedding Series, and it is really good. At first I wondered about how the prologue tied into the story, because it didn't seem to fit in with the first chapter, but by the second chapter things became a bit clearer.

The story started slow and I didn't really care much about Avery at first, but she grew on me. And Colin was a sweethe
Cynthia Marcano
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was a long time coming. Avery is all grown up now.

This was my favorite book in this series by far! In true Rachel Hauck fashion, you got the little bit of divine intervention in the plot and loads of fairy tale romance. I think what sets this one apart for me is that from the beginning of the book the love is already established and not building up.

I also really loved that it's Christmas. I'm not big into Christmas romance books, but it's so well done and not cliche. I liked it so muc
Staci
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
Such a lovely Christmas novel! For readers that enjoyed the first in the series, Once Upon a Prince, I highly recommend A Royal Christmas Wedding. They are equally well done.

In this final novel of the Royal Wedding Series, we reconnect with Prince Colin and Susanah's sister Avery after a five year time lapse. Avery fell in love when she met Prince Colin as a high school senior. And then he broke her heart.

Their Christmas love story is filled with vivid imagery and old traditions brought to life.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 May 06, 2016 12:14AM
New York Times, USA Today & Wall Street Journal Bestselling author Rachel Hauck writes from sunny central Florida.

A RITA finalist and winner of Romantic Times Inspirational Novel of the Year, she writes vivid characters dealing with real life issues.

She loves to hear from readers. She also loves to encourage new writers and sits on the Executive Board of American Christian Fiction Writers..

A
More about Rachel Hauck

Royal Wedding (4 books)
  • Once Upon a Prince (Royal Wedding, #1)
  • Princess Ever After (Royal Wedding, #2)
  • How to Catch a Prince (Royal Wedding, #3)