Start by marking “The Cherished Quilt (Amish Heirloom, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Cherished Quilt (Amish Heirloom, #3)

The Cherished Quilt

(Amish Heirloom #3)

Emily Fisher is eager to meet the new employee at her father’s shop in Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania. But when Christopher Hochstetler arrives, his cold demeanor freezes her attempts at building a friendship.

Longing for a fresh start, Chr
Published November 29th 2016 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about The Cherished Quilt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cherished Quilt

Start your review of The Cherished Quilt (Amish Heirloom, #3)
Carolyn Vandine West
I enjoyed this book tremendously, however the author sneakiness leaves us in the lurch at the end. How did I get myself in this situation? This is not in paperback publication yet and now I have to wait for the next installment Emily meets a new coworker of her father at their leatherworking shop. She doesn't understand at first that he is nursing a new hurt as well as an ongoing grief. She has a tender heart and goes ahead to make him her friend.
This was a very interesting insight into Amish c
Becky
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Heirloom Amish Novel series seems to be coming to a close. The Cherished Quilt is the final Fisher daughter to be married. Amy Clipston has written a beautiful novel about love and forgiveness and accepting blessings as God gives them to us.

Five Stars, Two Thumbs Up, and a lap quilt to keep you warm in your buggy.

Christopher has moved from Ohio to Bird In Hand, Pennsylvania, after the death of his brother. In his anger and grief, Christopher's father has blamed Gabriel's death on Chris. Chris
kerrycat
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
my 4.5 star, RTBR TOP PICK review:

Emily has been the reliable, selfless sister throughout this series, and readers have been hoping to see her happiness unfold. Clipston is as reliable as her character, giving Emily a difficult and intense romance worthy of Emily’s ability to shine the light of Christ into the hearts of those she loves. Christopher’s guilt is devastatingly believable, and his acceptance of God’s love in spite of his insecurity is a reassuring leap of faith.

Emily has always been
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
One of the things I love about this series is how the sisters in this Amish family help men who are hurting and vulnerable. And then fall in love with them, of course ;) There is great chemistry between Emily and Chris, and even though their friendship developed quickly, it seems they have known each other longer since they understand and support each other so well. Emily is a compassionate and service-minded person, and her natural instincts are to reach out and befriend Chris even when he is s ...more
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amy continues to step up her game with each and every book in the Amish Heirloom series. The Cherished Quilt is no different. This is the third book in this series featuring the Fisher series, their family and this is Emily's story. Get ready to meet handsome, Christopher who is holding on by a thread, but is in the leather business and is a very talented young man. He and Emily start off on the wrong foot, but filled with compassion, Em eventually decides he has been through a lot and offers fr ...more
Lori
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved loved it! Once again, Amy has written quite the novel in love, friendship, romance, and most of all reconciliation (forgiveness ).
I love Amy's writing style. She has the ability to draw you in from the beginning of her stories to the end. She also has the ability to make her characters real and I love to laugh and cry with them.
There's something special about Amish books. I just can't seem to put my finger on it. I feel fully satisfied after I finish a novel like this one.
I kept rooting
Sherry Greene
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tragedy, friendship, love, forgiveness, and restoration are all very important topics covered in this third book in Amy Clipston’s Amish Heirloom series.

We once again find the Fisher family, including sisters, Veronica, Rachel and Emily in this book. Now that Emily’s sisters have found the “love of their lives”, she, too, longs to find the kind of happiness they have found.

Christopher Hochstetler comes to Bird-in-Hand, PA from his home in Sugarcreek, OH to work for his Uncle and Emily’s father
Maureen Timerman
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
The Cherished Quilt is the third book in this series featuring the Fisher sisters, and their loving family, and this is Emily’s story.
Christopher Hochstetler has had a devastating year and barely holding it together when he moves from Ohio to Pennsylvania and begins working for his uncle in his leather business. Thus the meeting of Em and Chris is about to happen, and with easy going Em and Chris fighting his demons, things do not run smoothly.
When Em finds out why he has left his home and famil
Susan
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
The Cherished Quilt

Amy Clipston

Received from Netgalley

THE CHERISHED QUILT is the third book in the Amish Heirloom series. Emily Fisher is the youngest daughter of Mattie and Leroy and the only one who doesn't have a husband or boyfriend. She always puts everyone else's needs before her own and that is why she has never had a serious relationship with anyone. When Chris comes from Ohio to Bird In Hand PA, he comes with lots of guilt. Emily tries her hardest to be a friend to Chris, but he keeps p
Brittany
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed all of the books in the Amish Heirloom series, however The Cherished Quilt is definitely my favorite of the novels. The author was able to wrench so many emotions out of me with this book!

When Emily felt hurt or heartbroken, I could feel it, too. When Chris was dealing with overwhelming guilt, I could absolutely feel his struggle. When romance began to grow, I could feel it. And when the story ended I couldn’t believe it was over! I can not wait until book four comes out!

The Cheri
Nov 01, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a lovely story of forgiveness and healing. I loved seeing Emily and Chris's friendship blossom and then was heartbroken when He pulled away because he still hadn't cleared up his issues with his family and himself. This is the third book in a series but you don't need to have read the other two to understand or enjoy this one. Some of the back stories of the other characters would have been nice to know but not necessary to understanding this story.

I love amish stories. Their slower pa
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“Tragedy tore Christopher’s world apart. But Emily believes there are enough pieces left behind to stitch together a beautiful new beginning.
Longing for a fresh start, Christopher travels from Ohio to Bird-in-Hand to work at his uncle’s shop. Christopher’s heart is still woun
Elizabeth
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Cherished Quilt ( Amish Heirloom Book #3 )
By: Amy Clipston

I loved it. This book , The Cherished Quilt is just as wonderful as the other two in this series. Amy Clipston writes of love, forgiveness, healing, romance , and Blessings from God. The author will draw you in right at the start and not let go till the end. Christopher blames himself for the death of his brother,and his father blames him too. Chris picks up and moves to Bird in Hand , Pennsylvania after the death of his brother hopin
Connie  Lynch
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh My Goodness I was already a huge fan of the Amish Heirloom Series by Amy Clipston but this story has sealed the deal. Our story follows the heart of Emily Fisher and Christopher Hochstetler as they learn their path in life. Their journey begins as friends who help each other fight their personal demons and as friendship go there always rough spots. Emily begins to cherish the time and talks with Chris and deep down Chris feels the same but his demons have a hold on his head and his heart. As ...more
Susie
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you have been following the Fisher family and their love for each other and the Lord ..... you will most likely do what I did and fall right into this book that captures Emily's story and not be able to put it down !! I love how the characters interact with each other and yet have their own distinct personalities. =) I always feel like the proverbial fly on the wall in all their comings and goings. I would dearly love to have had a big family with sisters. Instead of have sisters-by-choice. ...more
Tish
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is as wonderful as the other two books before it. The story started out in the Forgotten Recipe then the Courtship Basket and now the Cherished Quilt. This book ( The Cherished Quilt) is a story about Emily and Chris. Emily struggles seeing her other sisters married and wondering when it will be her turn. Chris struggles the death of his brother and the blame his father puts on him for it. He blames himself and has nightmares about it. He leaves his home and tries to start a new life w ...more
Diamond Jones - Cox
The Cherish Quilt is book 3 in the Amish Heirloom Series. If you follow my reviews you know Amy Clipston is one of my favorites Authors and she didn't disappoint me. I enjoyed this book so much. I always feel as if I know the characters in her books personally. Emily was one of my favorites in book one. So being able to read her story was great for me.

I thought this was a cute story between Emily and Christopher. Their feelings were will written and I felt for them both as the story progressed.
Kristi
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What is there to say about this book but WOW!!!! This book may just be my all-time favorite by Amy Clipston. She has created characters you care about and a story that is so engrossing you can't pull yourself away from it. This book was a quick and easy read for me.

I just love Emily Fisher. She is my favorite of the three Fisher girls and I instantly felt a connection to her. She was easy to like and comes off the page as genuine and real. Chris (Christopher) was easy to feel a connection with a
Kristin
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Cherished Quilt is the third book in the Amish Heirloom series by Amy Clipston. I don’t know why I love troubled characters so much. Maybe it’s because they’re easier to relate to than perfect people. Christopher is haunted by memories of his brother’s death. Emily wants nothing more than to help ease his pain and be his friend.

Amy is really hitting her stride as an author. Her character development just shines in her recent novels and this one is no exception. I think that this book may be
✨ Gramy ✨
This book was set in a small Amish community in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. The plot was well developed and the characters were likable. On the other hand, the heroine's determination to hang on to something/someone that was gone from her life, instead of embracing what was actually available to her was often very annoying. However, I have observed similar reactions in real life.

I listened to the audible book through Hoopla through our local library, with the narrator, C. S. E Cooney. I was not im
Cheryl Baranski
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Cherished Quilt is book three in An Amish Heirloom Series by Amy Clipston. This book is absolutely marvelous! You will be riveted to your seat the whole time. Characters and story line that is so well written that you feel as though you are part of the story. You are going to love Emily Fisher and Christopher Hochstetler’s story. Get yourself a glass of sweet tea while you enjoy this story. Be sure to order your copy of The Cherished Quilt by Amy Clipston today. 5 stars!
Amy
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Cherished Quilt is the third installment from the Amish Heirloom series. I enjoyed the sweet and clean story. I have not read anything by Amy Clipston before and I definitely need to change that in the near future .
Recommended
4 stars
Hannah Joy  S.
I LOVE THIS BOOK!
It has to be my favourite book in this series. It's full of laughter, tears, joy, hope, healing, and warmth. AAAH AHHH! It's just so good.
Kristin
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Dawn
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One fantastic book. This book had me in tears. The story begins with Chris who leaves his home and comes to stay with his Uncle Hank. Chris's brother was killed by a wild horse and Chris blames himself and his dad blamed him too. Unable to stand the grief he leaves.
Emily tries her best to make Chris feel welcome when he starts working with her father he is co owners with Hank. Chris eventually tells Emily why he left home and is slowly falling in love with Emily.
Chris is told by his Aunt and U
Natalie
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
The third book in the Amish heirloom series, The Cherished Quilt is just as cute and sweet as the two preceding novels.

Like the first two, this is very bittersweet as it deals with the grieving process and estrangement, but also that love can heal all wounds.

Emily is such a positive person and I admired her tenacity. She never gives up. I felt bad for Chris and it was so sweet the way that Emily wanted to cheer him up.

I have really enjoyed this series so far - now I just need to see how the s
Lisa Johnson
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Title: The Cherished Quilt (AN Amish Heirloom Novel #3)
Author: Amy Clipston
Pages: 320
Year: 2016
Publisher: Zondervan
My rating is 5 out of 5 stars.
The series starts with The Forgotten Recipe followed by The Courtship Basket with the final book to be released this year titled, The Beloved Hope Chest. In the third book, The Cherished Quilt, we get to see the youngest of the Fisher daughters, Emily, learn to focus on her heart’s desires for once. Emily has a servant’s heart and has encouraged, comfor
Crystal Scott
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Cherished Quilt is Emily and Christopher’s story, a story of tragedy, friendship and love. Christopher Hochstetler leaves Ohio to come to Pennsylvania to work at his uncles shop, Bird-in-Hand. Emily Fisher is excited to meet the new employee at her father’s shop. Little did she now, Christopher isn’t ready to make friends but Emily isn’t going to give up on him.

All Christopher is looking for is a fresh start, his heart has been severely wounded and its not until Emily is kind to him that he
Tina Watson
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"The Cherished Quilt" by Amy Clipston is the third book in the Amish Heirloom series; about the three Fisher sisters, who are of age to marry and the situations leading up to finding the right Amish young man in their back yard of Lancaster County, PA.

Amy Clipston opens up with Christopher Hochstetler attending and reliving a horrific tragedy back on his father's farm in Ohio. When the opportunity comes up for Christopher to stay with his aunt and uncle in Lancaster County, PA, he is more than r
Wendy
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB
Emily Fisher is eager to meet the new employee at her father's shop in Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania. But when Christopher Hostettler arrives, his cold demeanor freezes her attempts at building a friendship.

Longing for a fresh start, Christopher travels from Ohio to Bird-in-Hand. Christopher's heart is still wounded from memories of home, and making new friends is the last thing on his mind--he knows the pain that comes with losing those you love. When Emily is kind to him, he
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• An Amish Kitchen: Three Amish Novellas
  • A Perfect Square (Shipshewana Amish Mystery #2)
  • Home All Along (Amish Secrets #3)
  • Hearts in Harmony (An Amish Journey #1)
  • The First Love
  • Upon a Spring Breeze (Every Amish Season, #1)
  • The Beekeeper's Son (The  Amish of Bee County, #1)
  • Words from the Heart (Amish Letters #3)
  • The Patient One (Walnut Creek, #1)
  • The Timepiece
  • Seek Me with All Your Heart (Land of Canaan, #1)
  • The Crossroad (Amish Country Crossroads, #2)
  • An Amish Year
  • Plain Proposal (Daughters of the Promise, #5)
  • The Missing (Seasons of Grace, #2)
  • The Promise of a Letter (Amish Letter #2)
  • An Honest Love (Hearts of Middlefield, #2)
  • The Blessing (The Amish Cooking Class #2)
Hi, I’m Amy Clipston. I am an author of Amish and Christian fiction with HarperCollins Christian Publishing. Most of my books focus on the Amish community, faith, and love. I also write romance novels and young adult inspirational stories.

My books include:

Kauffman Amish Bakery Series
• A Gift of Grace (3/2009)
• A Promise of Hope (3/2010)
• A Place of Peace (2/2011)
• A Life of Joy (1/2012)
• A Season

Amish Heirloom (4 books)
  • The Forgotten Recipe (Amish Heirloom, #1)
  • The Courtship Basket (Amish Heirloom, #2)
  • The Beloved Hope Chest (Amish Heirloom, #4)

News & Interviews