Start by marking “A Wolf's Résistance” as Want to Read:
A Wolf's Résistance

A Wolf's Résistance

Renny knew the risks when he started working for the Résistance, but he never expected to be captured and branded as a loup-garou and traitor to the State of France by the occupying Germans. Now on the run and wounded, he needs a place to hide and heal. A blacksmith’s on the edge of a small town looks like the ideal place.

At first Marc doesn’t want to believe Renny is a sh
Published June 1st 2016 by Dreamspinner Press (first published May 31st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about A Wolf's Résistance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Wolf's Résistance

SheReadsALot
3.5 Hearts--Set in France in 1944, A Wolf's Resistance by T.J. Nichols throws the reader right into the thick of things. Renny, a loup-garou (werewolf) is part of France's Resistance. He's packless and has nothing to lose...except his life. He's been caught by French soldier and will possibly given to the Nazis for testing. (You know how that would work out) Branded, starved, and injured by a bullet, the wolf is barely surviving but knows he must run or he'll be recaptured.

Starvation brings him
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
This really worked for me. It felt complete and for a short story that’s saying something. It’s set during WWII, one of my favorite historical periods. Plus, both the protags are French! You know my feels on the French*.

photo 30175711-Vive-La-France-Bastille-Day-card--Stock-Vector_zpslaq6ngw0.jpg

Marc and Renny live in occupied France. Renny is with the Résistance and a wolf shifter. Marc’s disability disqualified him from joining the military and his being both gay and a misanthrope has led him to a small farm just outside Vosges.

He lives a quiet life until Renny, star
Josy
Not badly written but sadly, it couldn't hold my attention and I didn't feel the connection between the MCs.
Serena Yates
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Animals have been used in battles for as long as humans have been fighting wars - at least as far as I understand. Beyond transportation, be it warhorses, camels, or elephants, there are sniffer dogs for bomb detection, and even dolphins and sea lions have not escaped this sad fate. But in ‘A Wolf’s Resistance’, the author has taken it a step further and presents the idea of werewolves carrying messages across enemy lines in World War Two. What better way to hide your spies than to let them cros ...more
Daniel Mitton
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
(Originally reviewed for Love Bytes Reviews with a copy provided by the author / publisher for an honest review.)

n today’s A Walk on the Wild Side story, I’m bringing you a review of A Wolf’s Résistance. I have to tell you, this was hands down my favorite of the three stories that I read for our group review of this series this year. I was intrigued from the minute I read the blurb and realized that it was a tale of the French Résistance during the Nazi occupation of France in World War Two, com
Katy Beth Mckee
This story is very dramatic with danger on the doorstep. Despite the fear and danger there is a connection formed between Marc and Renny. This is a wonderfully crafted story.
Crownoyami
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent quick read. You're invested in Renny as soon as he takes form, and Marc is just as captivating. While it isn't the open romance I've been reading recently the fact that it's set during the War and thus needing to keep their desire secret gives the story it's own thrill. I would say that I need more of this book, but the ending was just as perfect as the rest of it. I'm so glad to have stumbled upon this read!
Katherine
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's not always that I find a short story to feel so complete. This built a beautiful and simple romance of two men stuck in the War while in France, each doing their own parts to resist the Germans. But their desires to love and be loved by another man have left them lost and lonely before the war even began. Meeting while Renny is running from soldiers, Marc hides him and the two find something more. Full of passion and sweet love with a hope for the future, this was a great story!
MariF
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Despite paranormal element this story was too realistic and so on-target about situation in France at the end of WWII.
It's much darker than the usual shifter fare but it hit all of my buttons and I was totally enchanted by it. I really like this author's writing style and will be on lookout for other works.
Mike
So many secrets in a French Resistance tale - shifters, sabotage, and same sex sensuality

I put off reading this story, as the description intimated it might be rather dark. I have studied Vichy France and suspected this might not be a pleasant tale. While it certainly was not a light, sweet romantic story, and it might be a bit too dark for some romance readers, it was absolutely perfect for me. In part, I think I related to it because it seems to me to present a good, realistic flavor
Sylvie
Erica
Jun 03, 2016
Scott  McQuiston
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book was perfect. Touch of romance, touch of intrigue. I really enjoyed it!
Christine
Carly
Nov 04, 2017
Kestrel
Jun 11, 2016
TJ Nichols is an avid runner and martial arts enthusiast who first started writing as child. Many years later while working as a civil designer, TJ decided to pick up a pen and start writing again. Having grown up reading thrillers and fantasy novels, it’s no surprise that mixing danger and magic comes so easily, writing urban fantasy allows TJ to bring magic to the every day. TJ enjoys writing no ...more