Start by marking “My Superhero Grandpa” as Want to Read:
My Superhero Grandpa

My Superhero Grandpa

My Superhero Grandpa is a sweet story about a grandfather who watches over his young grandson from Heaven. The story is told by the young narrator and explains how his grandpa is able to be with him anytime he needs someone (like when he is scared or lonely) because, after all, a superhero has super powers.

My Superhero Grandpa likens angels to superheroes and is a sweet w
Published February 10th 2016 by The Little Press

To ask other readers questions about My Superhero Grandpa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Superhero Grandpa

Sandra
Apr 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Sweet story about a little boy who finds comfort, when he is scared or sad, in knowing his Grandpa is watching over him and his family from Heaven. A difficult situations many kids go through is showed in an uplifting way. The rhymed text is fluid and easy to follow. The pictures are colorful and full of everyday moments the kids could easily relate to in order of feel the story closer.
This is the first book by this author, and I'm interested to see what comes next!

I received this book from the
Tonja Drecker
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This takes a lovely twist on how to deal with the death of a loved one (in this case, a grandfather) and portrays the idea of what happens afterwards in an encouraging and courage building light.

Death isn't really mentioned too much in these pages, but rather this book concentrates on what has happened to the grandfather afterwards. With a superhero cape and fitting muscles, the boy's grandfather always flies above him. The Christian aspects are strong in these pages, and in many ways, the Grand
Lauren Craft
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Although we miss our brethren in Christ when they die, we can rejoice knowing that their minds and bodies are restored and they are in God’s hands. My Superhero Grandpa is a simple, straightforward way to comfort children who have either lost a grandparent or have a grandparent that died before they were born. The theology of eternal life can be hard to explain to young kids, but it is important, and this book introduces it in a way that little ones can grasp. Grieving parents will also find com ...more
Julie Merkle
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A truly heartwarming book. A perfect tool to help children deal with the loss of loved ones, My Superhero Grandpa creates a magical world illustrating that those who have passed are always with us. I know we will be reading it over and over!!
Amy
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute and comforting story. My children have never met their Grandfather and recently lost their Grandmother. I always tell them that their Grandparents are watching over them. This book reinforces that and gives comfort to the grieving child. I highly recommend this book.
Michele
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: children-s-book
You will love this book! The story is touching and the illustrations are beautiful and inspiring! Of course, I'm biased- I am the author!
Sandy