Start by marking “His Royal Favorite (His Royal Secret, #2)” as Want to Read:
His Royal Favorite (His Royal Secret, #2)

His Royal Favorite (His Royal Secret #2)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  686 Ratings  ·  164 Reviews
The conclusion of Lilah Pace’s racy, romantic male/male duology following His Royal Secret...

James, Prince of Wales, is making history. He's decided to come out to his subjects—and the world. However, telling the truth means exposing his relationship with lone-wolf reporter Benjamin Dahan. Although Ben never wanted commitment, the unexpected depth of his feelings leads him
Published August 16th 2016 by InterMix

To ask other readers questions about His Royal Favorite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Royal Favorite

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

His Royal Favorite is much angstier than the first book, which ends with Ben deciding he wants to stay with James and try, really try, to make the relationship work.

But James is still the Prince Regent, and Ben his "boy toy" (as one particularly vicious paparazzo calls him).

Ben has lived his life as a nomad. He's independent and self-reliant. James warns Ben of the media shitstorm about to come down upon them, but Ben doesn't fully grasp how much his life will change until it does.

The fi
Rachel Reads Ravenously
3.5 stars!

"I was born heir to the throne. I was also born gay. These are both inseparable parts of my humanity. I can no more continue to hide one than I would hide the other, or feel shame regarding one while taking pride in the other. I was born to be, no more and no less, as are we all."

His Royal Favorite is the continuation of His Royal Secret, which must be read before reading this book. At the end of the first book, James has decided to come out to the people as a gay man, and his bo
Ingela
Review written August 29, 2016

4 1/2 Stars - Simple grandly (royal) romantic. Like an unforgettable saga.

Book #2 (of 2)

I was both impressed and sincerely hooked reading the first part, His Royal Secret (4.5 stars). Truly good stuff and with a nice romantic but cliffy ending making me eager for more at once.

photo bbf0ac0b-e566-49be-84c3-891c63f3440a_zpswq1jd0jt.png

I'm knocked and so damn happy Yes hands up, I have been as glued to my e-reader since yesterday. Every short free minute...

**********************************************

His Royal Favorite, th
Line
Re-read again-again, and just as much fun as the first time around. This has become a comfort-read for weeks when DNFs and ragey books have been predominant:-)

Thank Jeebus for this book, since this has not been a good 'book-day'.
In this one James and Ben have a lot of stuff to figure out.
James successfully came out, and so far the backlash is not too bad. Ben is introduced in the press as his partner, and have sent out a press release, but other than that Ben is hoping that he will be able to
Shile loves books
5++++++++ stars

This book! This book! Oh! It did something to me and I loved it so much.

description

This book had more angst than the first book, the kind that hurts you so good. James and Ben had to face the world after coming out publicly. Ben had to deal with his own demons decide if he was willing to lose his freedom, for love. It was depressing , Ben's doubt felt so real and through it all James was by his side.

As soon as Ben found himself becoming jealous about other men in a boyfriend’s orbit, he’
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
“You belong to me. Maybe the public and the press own the part of you that’s the prince, but not the man. You’re mine, and I won’t let anything take you away.”

I get goosebumps whenever an author takes on a fairly risqué storyline that might make you raise an eyebrow at first, but then before you know it, you find yourself consumed by a story that is as touching as it is thought-provoking, and Lilah Pace is truly a master at this. This story immediately piqued my interest with its intriguing
Nicola
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
"...I now wish to tell the people of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth—I am a gay man."

Picking up where His Royal Secret left us, His Royal Favorite sees James, The Prince of Wales, having come out to his family and now preparing to do the same to the world. With no idea how people will respond, uncertain times are ahead, but one thing is certain; the feelings he and Ben share for one another are getting stronger every day.

description

The first book left me underwhelmed focussing on sex over storyl
CrabbyPatty
4.5 stars. "His Royal Favorite" (HRF) is the intriguing sequel to "His Royal Secret" (HRS) which ended in a cliffhanger as Prince James decides to come out. In this book James and Ben question if their relationship is strong enough to withstand the 24/7/365 media scrutiny as well as royal in-family fighting and plotting.

HRS was a fast-paced sexy read as James and Ben meet and begin a very intense, very steamy relationship. In comparison, HRF deals with what happens after the whirlwind romance,
~Kristin~
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars
I really enjoyed this two book take on royal life, with a twist. It was engaging, thought provoking, and emotional. I loved James and Ben, Cass rocked and Indigo broke my heart then showed such strength of human spirit. Such a great story!
Caz
4.5 stars rounded up.

His Royal Favorite is the second book in the duology that began with His Royal Secret. As it’s a direct sequel, it’s advisable to have read the first book before embarking upon this one, and also means that there are going to be spoilers for His Royal Secret in this review.

The story in His Royal Favorite picks up pretty much where it ended in the previous book. In a Britain in which Queen Victoria and the House of Winsdor never existed, the reigning monarch is the elderly Ki
Chris, the Dalek King
I am in a romantic relationship with Prince James, currently Prince Regent and head of state for the United Kingdom.

He loves me, and I love him. I’m in love the way I thought only fools and children could ever be. I spent my whole life being the most cynical bastard in the world, and I never believed in fairy tales, so of course an actual, literal Prince Charming came along.

Oh, and by the way, the next king of England is gay. Might want to assign someone to write a piece on that. His coming ou
Ariana
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 stars +
Still humming on the inside after finishing 'His Royal Favourite' a couple of minutes ago, and it's a humming of content and pure joy. I LOVED book one of this two-part series, but I ADORED this. It went straight on to my 'best of the best' shelf.

I think Lilah Pace nailed the plot which could have easily turned into a bit of pink fluffy cotton wool. That certainly does NOT happen here. Instead we get a highly realistic look at what James and Ben go through once their relationship become
1-Click Addict Support Group
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Relationships are hard. Especially when all the eyes of the world are watching you. And most definitely difficult when your partner is first in line to the English throne.

James, the Prince of Wales is relieved to finally be “out” but his future isn’t exactly certain. Right now, he’s the Prince Regent and is able to protect himself, Ben and his sister, but if his scheming uncle has anything to say about the line of succession, James could be out.

And his lover, Ben Dahan isn’t quite so certain ab
Renée
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
~4.5 stars~

The follow-up to His Royal Secret was even better than the first! Beware of spoilers from Book 1.

James and Ben pick up where they left off in Book 1, with James about to come out to the entire nation about his sexual orientation. And Ben has agreed to come out as his partner right along with him.

Ben has been out for so long that he doesn't expect what happens next. He expects the invasiveness of the paparazzi. He expects the public scrutiny. He expects the crowds camping outside his
Ele
Aug 20, 2016 rated it liked it
My GR friends will hate me.

You know how some times we say "maybe it's me, not the book" but what we mean is "the book is shit, and I'm right"? Yeah, this is NOT one of these times. I know that this is a good series, but it just doesn't appeal to me.

Unless it's a favorite author, I rarely read series with established couples because I get so bored. That's exactly what happened here. I didn't love the first book to begin with, and this one just made me so.freaking.bored.

But really, it's me, NOT t
Alicia
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-read, series
-4.5 stars-
So that was really good. Much better than I expected after book one, and when you put both books together it makes a fantastic read. There was much more angst than the first, but our heroes get through it, amidst a bunch of tears, questions and heartbreak. There love always wins out, and that ending was perfect. Recommend this for sure.
Michelle
Jul 25, 2016 rated it liked it
When I finished book one I really didn’t think I needed to read book two. Since there was no cliffhanger ending, the ending was enough, in a way. Although the story was not fully wrapped up, it was a HFN sort of ending. But I felt guilty and wanted to see this series through.

In HRF, James and Ben are gearing up to face the public as an out & proud couple. James has the worry of whether the church will accept and back him along with the fear of what being so public will do to Ben.

Soooo....
Laxmama
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot, m-m, dual-pov
Royally good

This was the second half of the Royal series and really the official part of the relationship for James & Ben. It was a great addition watching them adjust to their struggles, difficulties and create a lasting relationship. Great series
Grace
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Can someone raised in royalty with set expectations from day one, step out of the mold and survive? In book two of this duet, the author explores how expectations can overwhelm someone to the point of suffering. And it explores how two men set out to rewrite history.

What I love most about this series is the exploration of doing what is right vs. what is expected. In book one, it was easy to see the connection between James and Ben. They seem to be in-sync physically and emotionally. Both were wi
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

Book two was not for the lighthearted at all!!! It was super emotional and way more angsty!!! GAH. I dislike angst and reading this is why. In my head Ben would have got over himself 20% into the story. I get it, and understand ALL his reservations but I totally was being #TeamJames over here and wanted him to sacrifice his freedom for James. It didn't work like that, and man this book did wonders to my emotions. I feel like I need a palate cleanser and need to read a comfort read or some fluff
Cadiva
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful follow rounds off the royal romance

There's still no King of England and England and Britain aren't the same thing but that's just my own niggle about when people set a book in in this world but then Americanise it or mix stuff up.

The romance itself, however, is simply divine, full of rich characters in a world which is beautifully drawn out and filled with detail which does give the sense of just how bizarre it has to be to step into a life of eternal scrutiny.

Ben's uncertainty was who
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
4.5 - 5 Stars!

What would you do if your whole life was planned out for you from birth? That is what James is faced with in this conclusion to His Royal Secret. James has decided to come out publicly and face the British public and the Church of England. If he has to give up the throne for Ben, he is ready to do so.

His Royal Favorite is an absolutely riveting story, filled with emotion, passion and sexy, tender moments. The detail is perfect, and I loved being immersed in the world of a British
Ami

After feeling rather underwhelmed with the first book, His Royal Secret, I thought this follow-up was an improvement. I definitely liked it better.

First, I thought that it was more focused on situation on hand, namely the repercussion of James coming out as gay man as well as Ben stepping up and revealing himself as the Prince's partner. I could felt the struggle from Ben, having to deal with the lost of his privacy, including when the paps digging the pictures of his parents' crime sc
BWT (Belen)
Sep 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016, mm-fiction
While certainly not as romantic as His Royal Secret, it had a more thoughtful and realistic tone. We also don't get as many passionate encounters, though what's included is sexy as hell.

Overall, enjoyable...enough so to make me wish there were more to be read in the series.
Kade Boehme
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't often like books that involve celebrity trope, certainly not royalty. But I can't gush about this one enough. Honestly, it was a random find--idk how I'd missed this duology all summer. I loved the characters and that there was little capital A "Angst". It also wasn't like super fluffy Cinderfella, either. It was a great read.
Josy
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, romance, series, are, ebook, gift
Some very kind Santa / elf gifted me this book. Thank you so much <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ 4.5 stars ~
haletostilinski
Wow! I could not put this down just like the first one, although for different reasons. While the first was the start of James and Ben's relationship and we just got to see the heat, the passion, the falling in love, this one was the established relationship fic - seeing how they navigate being a couple while dealing with real shit.

And yeah, the first 50% was hard to read because these two go through shit, especially Ben, and like dumb-dumbs they didn't COMMUNICATE. Eventually they do, but beca
Alisa

This was SO good. An interesting plot with a beautiful romance.

This was an excellent conclusion to the story of James and Ben which was started in the book His Royal Secret. James is leading the royal family and he feels responsible for them all. He's under a great deal of pressure and a great deal of public scrutiny. Unfortunately for Ben if he wants to be with James he has to be a part of the public also. Ben hates it and even though he loves James he's not sure he can live the rest o
Susan
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it

Honestly, I didn't love book 1, "His Royal Secret" as much as everyone else seemed to. But, I liked it enough to want to read on and see what happens with these characters.

Book 2 begins right after the end of book 1. (this book cannot be read as a standalone). And now that affections are confessed and we have a couple...it starts to get messy. And this author handled messy really really well.

There was emotional messy: Ben trying to figure out how to remain himself when suddenly to everyone he w
Aղցela W.
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was book 2 in the "His Royal Secret" series. This book picks up where book 1 leaves off James the Prince of Wales is coming out and his boyfriend Ben has agree to come out with him. This was a really good book that had me up all night reading it. Ben is having a hard time adjusting to a life in the spotlight and although he loves James he is not sure if he can live his live this way. I really felt bad for his sister Indigo she suffered for so long without help for fear of people finding o ...more
The Backlot Gay B...: His Royal Favorite, by Lilah Pace 2 11 Sep 17, 2016 03:04PM
Lilah Pace is a pseudonym for a New York Times bestselling author, so she can’t give away too much about herself here, but she has lived everywhere from Italy to the United Kingdom before putting down roots in the American South.

She’s addicted to Diet Coke, loves her dog, and daydreams about several British movie stars (though usually no more than two at a time).

And while it took her a long while
More about Lilah Pace

His Royal Secret (2 books)
  • His Royal Secret (His Royal Secret, #1)
“All of us engage in some degree of artiface, even if its just putting on makeup or answering the question of how we are with 'Fine, thanks.” 0 likes