Start by marking “His Royal Secret (His Royal Secret, #1)” as Want to Read:
His Royal Secret (His Royal Secret, #1)

His Royal Secret

(His Royal Secret #1)

James, the handsome, cosmopolitan Prince of Wales, is used to being in the public eye. But he's keeping a king-sized secret...James, next in line for the throne, is gay.

He’s been able to hide his sexual orientation with the help of his best friend and beard, Lady Cassandra. Sometimes he feels like a coward for not coming out, but he daren’t risk losing the crown. If he did
Published July 19th 2016 by InterMix

To ask other readers questions about His Royal Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Royal Secret

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to ~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ by: Catherine
Shelves: m-m, british-boys
~4.5~

Imagine an alternate contemporary world where the Prince of Wales is gay, closeted, and in a decade-long bearded relationship with his best friend Sandra (dubbed Randy Sandy by the media), who is caught red-handed carrying on with another man (you can hardly blame her; the woman's in love).

Meanwhile, the prince's younger sister has severe anxiety disorder; his grandfather (that would be the king) just had a stroke; and his uncle is out to get the throne.

The only true thing in James's life
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
2.5 Stars
Take your clothes off."
"Yes, your Royal Highness."

I was an instant fan of Lilah Pace the second I read Asking for It. Her writing phenomenal, the story provocative, and the characters multi layered. When I saw that she has a bran new MM romance in the works with a dash of the forbidden (a secretly gay Prince of Wales? *gasp*)
My ovaries were all, sign us up for that right meow!

Then I started reading it and they were all

"when does this pick up?"
"That was pretty hot, but I barely poppe
Rachel Reads Ravenously
3 stars!

His Royal Secret is about the Prince of England, James. James has a secret, he's gay. In a world that is fairly gay friendly you would think this wouldn't be an issue, but when it comes to the monarchy the rules change. On a trip to Africa, James meets political reporter Ben during a rainstorm, and the attraction is instant. Neither one have had sex for a while, but find an instant sexual chemistry.

Living in different countries, the two part thinking they will never see each other aga
Sheziss
The ending saved the book for me.

Strange thing to say, because it ends in a cliffhanger. But a merciful one, if that sort ever exists.

One of the most remarkable aspects of this book is the length. The book information says it’s less than 200 pages but it feels like more than 400. And I noticed because the style didn’t exactly drag me in. It was pleasant enough, but it’s a long way from saying it was captivating or that I couldn’t put it down. Because I was distracted too easily.

The strong asset
SheReadsALot
A tag team review with Sheziss

3.5 Hearts--An alternate universe where the Prince of Wales to the British Throne is secretly gay...

No, we're not talking about Wills, baby.

"Your Royal Highness. Or is it Your Majesty now that you've become Prince Regent?"
"I don't think you've came all this way to discuss royal protocol."
"No."

His Royal Secret is the first half of two part series from author Lilah Pace. His Royal Secret is Pace's first foray into MM. This alternate universe is the same as prese
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

Prettier review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

3.5 "Chess Mate" Stars

Can you imagine a monarchy with a gay crown prince or king? All the repercussions and consequences this would have? This story barely scratches the surface but even with what we learn here it would already be an unmanageable pile of things you would never have considered in your wildest dreams. Political consequences, social consequences, and the unpredictable effects a gay monarch would have, including not having a direct successo
Shile

Wow! I actually enjoyed this. Maybe it is because of my fascination with the royals, too bad:

description

The MC’s James the Prince and Ben the Journalist were very likable, and they had chemistry that was believable from the first time they met.

I loved that James got excited with small things like catalogues and slanket

“I’ve never gotten to look at these,” James said. Apparently not much junk mail went to the palaces. “They’re sort of amazing.”
“Amazing? Catalogues?”
“There’s this one thing—I don’t suppose yo
Ingie
Review written August 28, 2016

4 1/2 Stars - A lovely gem with all pieces I love in a good romance

Book #1 (of 2)

His Royal Secret is the first in a two parts series. Lilah Pace's "Royal" new contemporary romances in the M/M genre.

photo bbf0ac0b-e566-49be-84c3-891c63f3440a_zpswq1jd0jt.png

A closeted Prince (to be the future king) of Great Britain and a (not tabloid) journalist. — Tempting right? It sounded like a very intriguing (and highly romantic "classic") topic in my ears. — And it was and I'm in such a good mood it can't but be five shining red GR-
Catherine
*** 4.25 Stars ***

Since it's unlikely that Keira Andrews will ever write another President's-son-falls-for-his-Secret-Service-Agent novel (of which I'd happily read a dozen if they existed), I've resigned myself to searching for something to fill the void. Though His Royal Secret isn't quite as good Valor on the Move, Pace made a valiant effort with this tale of alternative British royalty. I liked the set up, the characters, the emotional depth, and there was one particularly steamy sex scene t
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

** 3,75-4 STARS **

“You belong to me. Maybe the public and the press own the part of you that’s THE PRINCE, but not THE MAN. You’re mine, and I won’t let anything take you away.”

description

VERY unique plot. EXCELLENT characters. EXQUISITE sex.

...and a very disappointingly anticlimactic ending (with no cliffy, which was surprisingly not good news at that point).

OVERALL: MM Romance is like my happy la la land. I choose one whenever I feel like escaping the real world. The problem is...this one was a
Lorraine Lesar
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5*
Royaliedelicious.
Yes Ula’ndi, you were so right 😁, it was an unexpected delight.
The romance between James and Ben was delightful - unlike the Americanism’s used within a British setting and that irked me a bit, so it’s a lovely and delicious 3.5* from me.
Ula'ndi Hart
Overall book rating: 5
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 4

This book was one of the most UNEXPECTED DELIGHTS of 2018 in my TBR list. So I’m giving a 5 because it made my little romantic heart beat wildly out of time

I’m not ‘n big Royal Family fan. I don’t much care what they do or don’t do, and I’m also not big on politics so subconsciously connected this series to something in that line.

Two strikes against it already then in my little black book.

BUT... It Surprised me in the BEST of ways!

I can’t tell
CrabbyPatty
Take one very closeted royal, one darkly attractive investigative reporter, add in a rainy night at a secluded resort in Kenya and you have the intriguing beginning of "His Royal Secret," the first book in a two-part series by Lilah Pace.
guy-with-a-crown
James became Prince of Wales in his late teens, after the sudden death of his parents, Prince Edmund and Princess Rose (think Charles and Diana in the early happy years). Head of "a church that's leaning more strongly away from supporting gay clergy and gay marr
Jan
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, favorites
*** 4.5 Stars! ****
Line
Re-read again-again, and just as much fun as the first time around. This has become a comfort-read for weeks when DNFs and ragey books have been predominant:-)

Holy moly this was a good book, and I am wondering whether Lilah Pace is a pseudonym for a best selling author AND a Royal in real life.
Of course we have no way of knowing how accurate her descriptions of the day-to-day life of the Royal family are, but it felt SO REAL. I could not put this book down!

So James is next in line to inherit the
.Lili.
Apr 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: july-16, m-m

This wasn't bad but it wasn't that good either. Started off well, but after a while I started to get pretty bored. Normally, 186 pages take me no time to read- in this instance this book took me days. I had to force myself to go back to it. I don't know...

What I liked:

*James and Ben. Both men were pleasant.
*Indigo (princess, James's sister).
*I did like the whole monarchy storyline. I grew up watching Disney Princess movies (still watch them actually) so I was extra excited for a story about a
Ellen Gail
Nobody else ever got to me like this. Nobody ever. And nobody’s going to get to me like this again.

An adorable British royalty secret romance? With corgis?

Yes please!

This was the perfect mix of sweet and serious, passionately sexy and remarkably human. I expected greatness from the author of Asking for It, which might be my favorite erotic romance ever. And while His Royal Secret didn't quite make my favorites shelf, it's still darn good.

James has everything (on the outside) - looks, charm, an
Nicola
Jun 27, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm not ashamed to admit I like our monarchy. Well some of them. So it's not that surprising that my interest was piqued at the premise that the fictional heir to the British throne is gay.

description

His Royal Secret wasn't a difficult read, I did like both James and Ben, and there were parts I enjoyed, but what could have been a great story was lacking in any real development until about 70% and as I've said before when I've read M/M, we have a story written by a woman, for women with the aim of the men b
Karla
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
**3.75 stars!**
Ariana
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: made-me-cry, lgbtq
4,5 stars

Royals have always been a popular theme in films, literature and fanfiction alike, so I was curious how His Royal Secret would pan out. I guess one of the main problems being how believable the characters and the plot are.
Lilah Pace did a fabulous job convincing me that James and Ben's story could actually be happening. She must have done quite a bit of research on security measures, protocol and background knowledge on rules and regulations within the royal circle. To me, the amateur,
Katerina
PURE BLISS ...

“You caught me by surprise.”

How long can you hide while others suffer for the truth? How much longer can you live a lie?

I can have him, Ben thought, disjointed and broken through the daze. I can have him and walk away and have him again, it’s just right, this is just right, don’t stop don’t stop don’t stop—

For James that reckoning had been painful; for Ben, who hadn’t desired a deeper relationship with anyone—much less a lover with James’s considerable baggage—it had to have been t
Anyta Sunday
This was so insanely well crafted. I immediately looked to see if I could get a paperback of the book. Alas, there is none.

I really, really, really hope Lilah Pace writes more MM romance.

Straight to all-time favorites.
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
“You belong to me. Maybe the public and the press own the part of you that’s the prince, but not the man. You’re mine, and I won’t let anything take you away.”

I get goosebumps whenever an author takes on a fairly risqué storyline that might make you raise an eyebrow at first, but then before you know it, you find yourself consumed by a story that is as touching as it is thought-provoking, and Lilah Pace is truly a master at this. This story immediately piqued my interest with its intriguing
Geri Reads
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
It pains to give this book a low rating because I loved this author's other books.

It has a great premise. The crown prince of the British monarchy is gay but stays in the closet for a very good reason. He meets his match in Benjamin, an international reporter who has no interest in settling down. They had a fling which turned into something more, which posed a problem for James because...yanno, he's going to be king, and he needs an heir and if he abdicates, his crown is passed on to his sister
Alisa

I was a little nervous about this because I've been having bad luck with new to me authors lately. I'm also not a big fan of the Royals and pay as little attention as possible to them when they're on TV. BUT....I found the idea of this....gay prince/regular guy....too interesting to pass up. I am SO glad I gave it a try. I loved this book. It was really good.

James and Ben meet and have a one off and neither expect to ever see the other again. Fast forward a few months later when they'r
MaDoReader
Aug 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
3,5 de hecho.

Esperaba una WTFuckada como un piano, pero creo que la autora ha sabido tratar muy bien todo el tema "real", ahora, no está exento de tontadas en el algún momento, hay cosas que me niego a creer que sean tan simples (en el siglo XXI no creo que entrar en un palacio sea así de fácil) pero para eso está la licencia poética, ¿no? xDDDDDD

Es un libro con pocas emociones, bastante frío, pero es que yo a ellos los he percibido así, rodeados de muros para protegerse de unas cosas u otras,
Christelle
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
First part of the story of James, new regent of England and maybe soon crowned King of England and Ben, an economic journalist.
Unlikely situation ?? ...Maybe not that much...after all, there are nowadays a few examples of political offices held by homosexual persons such as the Prime Minister in Iceland (the first openly gay person in the world to be elected head of government) or the former Mayor of Paris (he came out a few years before his election, and was reelected to this quite high positio
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to *J* Too Many Books Too Little Time by: Jan
4.5 Stars!

Loooooved this one. Kind of had some mixed reviews, but I'm really glad I gave it a go.

I really liked both Ben and James. Though I was really really worried about Ben. Neither James or Ben were supposed to let it get past sex. And Ben really seemed to be the most adamant about it. So I was really afraid of what would happen once feelings inevitably became involved.

But I loved how it ended. Yes, it was cliffhanger-ish/HFN, but Ben really made me proud!

Looking forward to seeing where
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
4.5 Stars!!

I absolutely LOVE Lilah Pace and will read ANYTHING she writes! So I was thrilled to be able to read her M/M romance, His Royal Secret. James and Ben’s story drew me in from the first page and I was completely blown away by their story.

James is the future King of England. He is devoted to the Royal protocol and has always lived his life in the public eye. He only knows a life of personal butlers, security teams and duty to the Throne. There’s only one little issue: he is a deeply
  • Seven Summer Nights
  • Wanted, A Gentleman
  • Vespertine
  • Hush
  • Unnatural (Enlightenment, #4)
  • Tigers on the Run (Tigers and Devils, #3)
  • Save of the Game (Scoring Chances, #2)
  • The Ruin of a Rake (The Turner Series, #3)
  • Bad Judgment
  • Heat Trap (The Plumber’s Mate, #3)
  • Real World (Bend or Break, #5)
  • Signal Boost (Off the Grid, #2)
  • Lights and Sirens (Emergency Services #2)
  • Shatterproof
  • Everyday History
  • 30 Nights
  • A Matter of Disagreement (Mechanical Universe #1)
  • Knit Tight (Portland Heat, #4)
Lilah Pace is a pseudonym for a New York Times bestselling author, so she can’t give away too much about herself here, but she has lived everywhere from Italy to the United Kingdom before putting down roots in the American South.

She’s addicted to Diet Coke, loves her dog, and daydreams about several British movie stars (though usually no more than two at a time).

And while it took her a long while

His Royal Secret (2 books)
  • His Royal Favorite (His Royal Secret, #2)