Start by marking “Water's Wrath (Air Awakens, #4)” as Want to Read:
Water's Wrath (Air Awakens, #4)

Water's Wrath

(Air Awakens #4)

Librarian turned sorcerer. Sorcerer turned hero. Hero turned puppet.

The Solaris Empire found victory in the North and, at the cost of her heart and her innocence, Vhalla Yarl has earned her freedom. But the true fight is only beginning as the secret forces that have been lurking in the shadows, tugging at the strings of Vhalla's fate, finally come to light. Nowhere is sa
Published April 26th 2016 by Silver Wing Press

To ask other readers questions about Water's Wrath, please sign up.
Elise Kova There's been so much speculation around this question that I don't think I can give any answer without it being a spoiler for the story in some way.…moreThere's been so much speculation around this question that I don't think I can give any answer without it being a spoiler for the story in some way. But, it is abundantly clear once you read the book!(less)
Elise Kova By the end of book 4, here are all the would-be ages of the "original" characters:

Aldrik - 25

Jax - 23
Elecia - 18
Daniel - 20
Larel - 24

Aldrik and Jax would be the closest to their birthdays by the end of Book 4.

Hope this helps!
(less)

Start your review of Water's Wrath (Air Awakens, #4)
Katerina Kondrenko
3 out of 10

Ревью в моем блоге/This review on my blog
Living A Thousand Lives

Short-Soundtrack:
X Ambassadors – Unsteady
Digital Daggers –work)
Living A Thousand Lives (please use Chrome/Yandex browser or Android/IOS to see the page; otherwise, spoiler-tags I use to make my post compact may not work)

Short-Soundtrack:
X Ambassadors – Unsteady
Digital Daggers – Surrender
Iggy Azalea – Heavy Crown (Instrumental)

Genre: high-fantasy, upper-YA
Stuff: elemental magic, sorcerers
Fail: predictability, romance as a plot-goal
POV: 3rd-person, female
Love-Geometry: none

Quote-Core:
“He was a reckless fool,and I was a girl pulled along by puppet strings.”

Buddy-read with my 'Jax' Nastassja.

SPOILER ALERT!

Earth's End was a great disappointment to me. Water's Wrath is indeed better, but... worse at the same time.

This glass wouldn't be whole again. I lost the feeling I had before... pure excitement mixed up with love. Sad, but now I can see clearer and what I see doesn't please me as a reader.

At first, I'd been blaming myself for disliking this book, but then I got that the fault wasn't totally mine, that the story turned out to be forced and stripped of intrigue. It didn't flaw, it didn't sing. Everything was orchestrated. And on the stage only Aldrik and Vhalla were true persons, the rest of the characters had been playing decided roles and, please mind that important fact, not for the sake of their own development. They help to develop MCs. MCs I grew tired of.

When you aren't under the heroes' spell, you're trying to focus on the plot. I did so and what was there? Things I predicted a long time ago. Evil Victor was one of them. He'd been pretending to be a good guy the way a child with a cream all over his face is pretending not touching a cake. Vhalla was such an idiot to buy into his disguise. And I don't understand how he managed to fool the Emperor who had already proved himself as a clever man in the previous book. Oh wait, I do! 'Cause in Water's Wrath we see that he's actually silly. Egmun went against him and his Empire, he had open the caverns and used the Emperor's heir. How the merciless ruler did punish this bastard? Made him the Head of Senate! The book says he did it to silence the traitor. Really? I know a better way to silence a person. He had no problems with killing Vhalla, but he didn't kill Egmun! Dead people don't talk, man. And you don't have to bribe them. Such a stupid act for a man who was supposed to be smart.

What makes me angrier is how Vhalla and Aldrik, knowing that one of them has to go away and lay still while the other has to kill his stupid father, marry the Northern girl, and bring peace to the continent, do anything to be together instead. Isn't it selfish? You want marry each other? Kill the Emperor, free the North and live happily ever after. Aldrik can't do such a thing with his parent? Oookaaay, then let Vhalla go! Also, I was surprised to see how they met after the way they broke up in Earth's End. As if nothing had happened at all, and no one called the other 'whore'. But the main problem is that their romance became boring. We know they would be together, we know they would have a child, we know they are madly in love. We know everything. One can say that the process is what really matters. But this process is all about lame dialogues. Cliched scenes. Cheesy thoughts. And soup-opera-acts. That's not exciting, sorry.

Baldair. My favorite character and... a tool. I've read on FB the author's answer to the question about his death and she confirmed my deduction by saying that it was necessary for Aldrik's growth. Bah... She said as well that if he didn't die from a fever he'd be killed anyway during Victor's revolution, 'cause Aldrik had to remain the only Solaris heir. Bah again. It's like confessing that everything in this series goes only to make Aldrik this and that. People are coming when they are needed and go when they are already used up. That's why story stopped to flaw and to sing. That's why it stopped to be entertaining.

In short,

Air Awakens (Пробуждение воздуха):
Air Awakens (Пробуждение воздуха) #1/5
Fire Falling (Влечение огня) #2/5
Earth's End (Край земли) #3/5
Water's Wrath (Гнев воды) #4/5
— Crystal Crowned (Коронованная кристаллами) #5/5
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
"Believe in me!" Aldrick's voice rose by a fraction before softening.
"I have crawled out of deeper holes this past year. Believe I can do this, because if you will be by my side, I will let nothing stop me."

I can't believe I've just finished reading the fourth book in this series. I read the first book last year, and ever since I started its been a continuous roller coaster of emotions. Vhalla Yarl has matured so much throughout this entire series, from being the shy librarian to becoming the fiery Windwalker
Katerina
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, favorites, arc
“He was a reckless fool,and I was a girl pulled along by puppet strings.The fire burned too hot,and we didn't notice until it consumed everything.”

I am not lost for words often.I tend to babble and gush over the things I like and love until my mouth dries and my voice falters.But talking about Water's Wrath,talking about the book that eradicated my ability to think or dream about anything besides it feels way too personal.Like exposing my bare soul.But I will do it.Because you,yes you who are reading these words and wonder
Ben Alderson
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read this one in one sitting as well, literally have read three of these books in two days. I can not get enough.,

I cried in this one, a lot of crying. I can not believe all the things that happened.

I am so nervous about reading and finishing the last one, Elise is killing me

I am trash for this
Nastassja

Buddy-read with my partner in "rolling our eyes all the way through the book" Katerina

This series is like a balloon slowly loosing air and falling, falling, falling until there's no air left at all. From the very start I really liked this series, though it wasn't unique, at least it was entertaining and Aldrik and Vhalla's relationship, which always was the main theme of the series, was something I liked to observe. In Earth's End it was no longer an option, because the characters' behavior was beyond annoying. But atKaterina
This

Ann (annreads)
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own
*Reread March 2018*

“We can make our own way; we always have.” Aldrik cupped her cheek boldly, and Vhalla didn’t stop him. “What have we to lose?”
“Everything?”
“Is that all?”

I FEEL PERSONALLY VICTIMIZED BY THIS BOOK: THE SEQUEL TO THE SEQUEL XD
Trust me, it gets worse with each time💀😂 I CAN’T EVEN WITH THIS BOOKS ANYMORE *keeps rereading them anyways*

-----------------------------------------------------

*Reread January 2017*

“Love is far better to know,/>“Love/>“We
ambsreads
NO FULL REVIEW EVER
JUST READ THIS SERIES
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
Y'all ready for this?

4.5 maybe? 5 at parts... and I can't even.. at other parts. Thank you EMMA for being my best bud during this series.

AJF:SLDKJF OKAY. Let me try to explain.

So I've been a conglomerate of mixed emotions in this series thus far. This is partly due to:
1. Aldrik and his craziness;
2. Vhalla and her character arc just making her the bomb diggity;
3. But most of all... the side characters in this series are the ABSOLUTE best. I'm talkin to you... Fritz, Jax, Elecia, Daniel, Daniel, Daniel, Daniel, Daniel, Daniel, Baldair, Balda
majo
WHY, ELISE KOVA, WHY YOU HAD TO BREAK MY HEART LIKE THIS!??

(view spoiler)

I need to all the characters that are still alive, remIT.
HE
Ashley
Oct 29, 2015 marked it as to-read
Update 2/26/16

I have an unhealthy obsession with these covers, I can't even choose a favorite at this point. Prayers for my ship, I have faith. Maybe.
...
Wait. Back up. Those last three words.

"Her former lover."

former.

former.

FORMER.

Did I just read that line wrong? This better not be who I think it is. If it is, then Earth's End is going to shatter my heart into ugly fat pieces. No thank you please.
˗ˏˋliaˎˊ˗
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
“you can’t buy peace with war.”

definitely the best book in the series so far, ohhhh my god! the amount of action and character development in this one was honestly just to die for. elise kova’s writing just get better with every book she puts out, and she somehow knows how to keep the readers engaged and i’m absolutely here for it.

the friendships and relationships all become more fleshed out, like the friendship between vhalla and jax (whom i would die for, in all honesty). we also
Kendall Berg
I SWEAR ELISE KOVA'S BOOKS GET BETTER EVERY TIME!!

How i felt through this book:

lonely

””/

</span>
  <span id=I SWEAR ELISE KOVA'S BOOKS GET BETTER EVERY TIME!!

How i felt through this book:

lonely

””/

yay

Dance

This book, as all others in this series, was incredible! I'm still having heart palpitations. I might read it again this weekend. Seriously. Awesome.

Summary:
As we left Earth's End: Aldrik is engaged to the princess of the north, Vhalla has run to the far reaches of the earth - her heart in pieces, and some of the secrets of the black sheep prince have come to light. We pick up with Vhalla in the west, working in a book store, inevitably drawn back to Aldrick both through the bond and the rumors of the land. After being forced to kill a few Knights of Jadar in self defense - Vhalla must return to the south, and to Aldrick, to face not only the prince but heer own demons.

For the first half of the book I was a bit bored honestly, I missed Aldrick. It wasn't that the writing was bad, or the characters weren't great (because they were) I was just still as depressed as Vhalla.

Second half of the book - amazing. Incredible. Astounding literary work. Compelling.

I could go on. There are no words for how much I love this series. Its now in my top two. With Harry Potter. Yeah. Its that good.

If you read the last 3 books - hold on to your hat as you dive into this one. I couldn't put it down.

Book type: YA Fantasy
Book rating: 4.9/5
Read time: 4 hours

For more reviews check out my blog: www.booksandchai.com
With love, parchment, and freshly mowed grass,
Kendall
Lia
Nov 18, 2015 added it
Update (may)
Ehhhhhhhhhh I'll pick this back up some other time. I have too many books I actually WANT to read.

The cover <33
But who the fuck is that?
I'm done with Aldrik, so anyone else will be welcomed with opened arms.
Beatrice in Bookland
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Neither good, nor evil, it's the heart of men that turn a weapon into the tool of a knight or a butcher."

Water's wrath, a summary:
- Incredible character development (Andrik's was A+, PERFECTION),
- Healthy relationship development (!!!!!!),
- Amazing friendships,
- Tears and sadness and rage and despair because Elise Kova is a monster and keeps killing the most precious characters of the series

*goes back to her cave to cry and read Crystal crowned*
rin ( ̄ヘ ̄)	 read/watch mo dao zu shi
Bianca {Until The Last Page}
*added playlist
I signed up and received an advance copy of the ebook for free in exchange for an honest review.

The story started close to what happened in the end of Earth's End which was good. Right away, I got to see how Vhalla's doing on her own, and how she's handling her situation with all that has happened at the end of the third book. While it was a bit steady at first, exciting events just started coming one after the other. They could be too much to handle too soon (es
Lerizza Mae (books&teacups)
If the last book broke my heart, this book healed it, broke it, then healed it again and again.

Though I was quite devastated of the ending of the last book and wanted to read this book to satisfy my craving, I had to take my time before starting this book. I was curious on how the author will continue the story; I was bracing myself for things to go downhill because of the last events of the last book so I had to take a short break before starting this.

I have to tell you that I am
Sana
Jul 01, 2018 marked it as d-n-f
lolol me?? opening spoilers and reading major things??? actually yes 😰
Cybil M.
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
I made a goodreads account literally for the purpose of writing this review. I see a lot of people rating this book 5 stars. I'm going to explain to you why these ratings are wrong.

I love the Air Awakens series. I have considered the series to be my favorite. I loved the characters, I loved the story, and of course I loved the romance.

I have just finished this book and it is safe to say that I am horribly disappointed. I don't think I ever have yelled "This is stupid" at a book so m
Didi
4.5 STARS

Where do I start with this one? Angsty, emotional, frustrating, moving...are some of the words to describe this book. So much happens, and most if it sad or heartbreaking or maddening! Vhalla had me smacking my head a few times from her stupidity.
But, I also loved how she and Aldrick had time away from each other to grow and realize how much they truly love and need each other. Time gave them a chance to see their relationship as it is: timeless and enduring. But then lots
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
*Contains spoilers for the series*
“Even something very small can cast a large shadow when it is close to the sun.”

Elise Kova I kinda hate you right now. A little bit. You literally put me through hell wh-when you did what you did to us. I cannot forgive you for it. I refuse. It's mean, cruel and unnecessary. Really, it is. You should have giving us at least a bit of happiness.

Here's just my summary/thoughts of each book to remember how I felt about them:
“...Fire needs air to live. Air fuels fire, stoke/>
Minni Mouse
2.5 stars. I keep hoping that Elise Kova is going to pull a Sarah J. Maas and razzle dazzle us. I keep assuring myself that these breadcrumbs that Elisa Kova keeps dropping are going to lead to something mind-blowing and we're going to go, "Ooooh, of course, I should have seen that coming!" Sarah J. Maas excels at that. Elise Kova does not.

As I read Water's Wrath, I mentally bookmarked a few places where I was positive that it was going to play a crucial role later on, that it would pay off big time and be proof
Henz
Feb 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, fantasy
You know what I know that Vhalla loves Aldrik and vice versa but please I just want them to just forget about how they miss and love each other for once. Please please please please~

Seriously these characters should just stop with the wind walker obsession. I just hate it when Vhalla is some kind of a tool to be used again and again for these bastards because of her power. The girl is not a slave anymore, she earned her freedom, she's not a doormat
Maud
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sequel
On one hand I want to call this book my favourite in this series so far. A lot of things come together and get explained, things that already started in the first book. I loved reading that! I also loved seeing some of my favourite characters going on an adventure. I loved to see them grow and form bonds and just being awesome.
On the other hand, I think that this book has hurt me the most. There are certain things happening in this book.... and those things hurt. They hurt pretty bad. They
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
01/27/2019: Read for the second time.

Be warned that this review may contain spoilers.

**REREAD REVIEW 01/27/2019**
I would describe this book in the series as the book of major plot twists. Seriously, so many shocking things happen that it almost gives you whiplash. This is one of the great things about reading Elise Kova's books though. You never know what to expect.

Vhalla's confidence in this book is immeasurable. She puts her best foot forward and dashes on fighting the stakes that are against her and keeping her broken heart clotime.
Be
Jamie (Books and Ladders)
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
You'll be able to see my full review on Queen of the Bookshelves on April 18th!

Perfection doesn't even begin to describe this one. Where do I start? The end? The middle? The end? The part I desperately don't want anyone to mention to me ever again? The beginning where I thought everything was going to be okay because there's still one more book? I don't know because all of it was perfection.

Vhalla Yarl in this one is
Marguerite

5 Stars!!! (All the stars in the night sky if I could, but…)

Elise Kova delivers a stunning, emotionally draining, complex and action filled novel that I read in one sitting. Once again, Vhalla is discovering who she is, what her powers mean, how this shapes her relationships with the people around her and she attempts to figure this all out with a wider plot working against her the entire time. Vhalla shines through all of this, and this leads me to my first main point - Vhalla’s gro
Scrill
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This review and others like it can be found on my blog, Vicariously & Voraciously

Vhalla is discovering that she can't run away forever. Her bond with the crown prince wont let her forget him and her affinity with air proves to have powers that can unleash what's in the crystal caverns. Vhalla battles with whom to trust and what to do with her power.

The Story-
So the story picks up where Vhalla has run off. She's in the crossroads essentially floundering about not really doing anything. It's almost maddening to see her sort ofpower.
The
kate
Aug 13, 2017 rated it liked it
okay so originally I gave this four stars but it's back to three and mostly due to the dumb as heck ending. honestly like I'm shocked and outraged.

why couldn't vhalla and jax just run away somewhere together and live as an enemy destroying powerhouse? that would be the right thing to do - but no, they go back to aldrik and the palace (outstanding honestly this novel couldn't survive more than a 150 pages without the crown prince).

the best and saddest part of the novel that got me ca
Sue
Feb 20, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm not happy. This book was supposed to be way much better than this. It was predictable in most of its parts and really frustrating. The only thing that kept me going was my love for Aldrik. Also I felt that the Baldair situation was just put in for melodramatic effect, it made me angry not sad. I wish the series finale will be of higher quality like the first parts.
Air Awakens Fan C...: General Discussion *There may be SPOILERS* 6 78 May 08, 2016 06:35AM
Goodreads Librari...: Cover Removal Question 3 72 Feb 29, 2016 12:33PM

• Fantasy of Frost (Tainted Accords, #1)
  • Fantasy of Flight (Tainted Accords, #2)
  • Fantasy of Fire (Tainted Accords #3)
  • Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes #1)
  • Fantasy of Freedom (Tainted Accords #4)
  • Curse Breaker (Kingdom of Runes #2)
  • Candidate (The Black Mage, #3)
  • Apprentice  (The Black Mage, #2)
  • The Queen of All that Dies (The Fallen World, #1)
  • Voice of Power (The Spoken Mage, #1)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • The Queen of Traitors (The Fallen World, #2)
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
  • Voice of Life (The Spoken Mage, #4)
  • Paladin (Paladin, #1)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Voice of Command (The Spoken Mage, #2)
  • The Griever's Mark (The Griever's Mark #1)
Elise Kova is the USA Today bestselling author of fantasy stories filled with magic and romance.

In her past lives, she has graduated from an MBA program, lived in Japan for a bit, and worked for a Fortune 500 technology company. However, she finds herself much happier in her current reincarnation as full-time author. When not writing, she can usually be found playing video games, drawing, watching anime, or

Air Awakens (5 books)
  • Air Awakens (Air Awakens, #1)
  • Fire Falling (Air Awakens, #2)
  • Earth's End (Air Awakens, #3)
  • Crystal Crowned (Air Awakens, #5)
“Do you hold any feelings for me in your heart? Is there a single ember of love that I might, honorably, fan to life once more?” 7 likes
“She was as beautiful as a rose with thorns twice as sharp.” 7 likes