Start by marking “Agatha Christie (Pequeña & GRANDE, #5)” as Want to Read:
Agatha Christie (Pequeña & GRANDE, #5)

Agatha Christie

(Pequeña & GRANDE #5)

Agatha Christie es la escritora inglesa más leída de todos los tiempos. Sus novelas han sido traducidas a más de cien idiomas y su obra Diez Negritos es uno de los diez libros más leídos de la historia. Con sus peculiares detectives, sus enigmáticos casos y sus historias llenas de ingenio desafió a las mentes de millones de lectores convirtiéndose en la reina del misterio.
Published April 13th 2016 by Alba editorial

To ask other readers questions about Agatha Christie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Agatha Christie

Mischenko
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Agatha Christie is a Little People, Big Dreams children's book about author Agatha Christie and how she got her start. It's a very simple read with short paragraphs for young readers. Children will learn where her inspiration came from and the types of books she wrote. There are also a few pages in the back that offer facts about her life.

4****
David Schaafsma
I read all of the Christie Poirot books the past 2-3 years and read Agatha: The Real Life of Agatha Christie (written by Anne Martinetti and Guillaume Lebeau and illustrated by Alexandre Franc) as a way an author introduces The Queen of Crime to young children. I like the purpose of the Frances Lincoln Children's Book series focused on women kids need to know, written by Mª Isabel Sánchez Vegara and illustrated by Elisa Munso. The books are lovely as a set, and (I warn you) I am going to read AL ...more
Hilary
May 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Hilary by: Found in the library
3.5 stars. A fairly interesting book about Agatha Christine's life. We liked the illustrations but again we felt not enough text and information to interest an older child and wondered if a younger child would want to see murder victims in a pool of blood or Agatha during WWII tending to soldiers and then looking excitedly at poisons? We were both left wondering what age range this is aimed at?
Lata
Kind of a cute treatment for kids of Agatha Christie’s life. Black and white line drawings with little bits of red used judiciously illustrate different points in Christie’s life. It’s amusing to contrast this book with Agatha Christie’s 500+ pages autobiography, which I’m also reading this month.
Manybooks
Although with Agatha Christie Maria Isabel Sánchez Vegara does present a decently informative introduction to both Agatha Christie's life and how she decided to become a mystery writer, personally I have found the author's presented narrative to be a bit too detailed especially with regard to the main thematics of Christie's books (this naturally being multiple murder victims) for the intended age group (for young children from probably the age of four to six) but then also not quite comprehensive enoug ...more
Soňa
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Another story about a famous woman, this time about the queen of murders. From the series, I already read about Marie Curie. As well this book is generously illustrated with very few texts in it. However, the lack of text is not a disadvantage, it lets space for pictures to tell the story. In case you know very few about Agatha but you don't want to read long or complicated stories, this one is for you, short and simple overview of life.

First sentence:
Little Agatha and her mum read a boo
Joana Eyre
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Agatha wrote more than a hundred books and invented enough victims to fill a cemetery!"
Lee Ann
Jul 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Great introduction to Agatha Christie, the person, for very young readers
Hastings75
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was purchased for me by my better half - and is a fine edition to an already collection that celebrates the Queen of Crime!

A great short book to introduce a "young generation" to Agatha Christie.
SpookySoto
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: no-ficcion
Rating: 4.5/5 🤗 Remarkably good
Emotions: Joy and Happiness.
Recommended to: Agatha Christie’s fans, children, if you want to read a biography but don’t have the time to read a lengthy one.
Would I read another from this author:Yes

This is a children book, a biography of Agatha Christie, the queen of crime. It’s very short and concise, it has everything you need to know about her and enough information to peek interest if you want to know more.

I think is a great way to get children interested in great women fig/>Would/>Recommended/>
Tina
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, picture-books
These are neat biographies for kids, especially girls with terrific illustrations. I loved learning how Agatha was inspired for her future career in writing by studying poisons when she volunteered as a nurse during the first world war.
Chelsea
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, childrens
I knew very little about Agatha Christie before reading this adorable, mini-biography about her. Written and illustrated for children, it's a wonderful peek into her life as a young girl with a big imagination who loved reading, and how she harnessed her talent for story-telling into weaving her own tales as an adult. I've always been curious about Agatha Christie, whose popular mysteries I have yet to read, so now more than ever I plan to finally read one of her famous novels!
Susan Morris
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
This is part of a new series, “Little People, Big Dreams,” which gives a short & simple introduction to interesting & important women. I think the series is a good addition to libraries for young students to gain an introduction to some famous individuals. (Library)
Jennifer B.
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting illustrations, but the information is very basic.
A7_C12K
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love watching Agatha Christie on television but to read the books it’s just a whole different level.
Ann Santori
Concise, good information (including a fuller biography and timeline at back of book), and beautifully striking B&W illustrations with creeptastic red pops of color (get it, guys, Christie writes murder mysteries, and blood is red).

2017 POPSUGAR Reading Challenge: "A book with a title that's a character's name."
Becky B
A simple biographical picture book intro to mystery writer Agatha Christie.

This was ok but I wanted a little more. To build the mood for Agatha's biography, the illustrator chose to do the illustrations in just black and white with some red highlights. I liked that choice, but I'm not a huge fan of the style of illustration used. And this is just the most basic of basic introductions to Agatha Christie. It basically tells that she was a writer, that she worked as a nurse during the w
Earl
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: agatha-christie
I love any biography series where they focus on the not-already-written-about-multiple-times subjects. And with Agatha Christie being my favorite writer of all time, I was excited for this one. I didn’t learn anything new but people will get the important details of her life and work- creating mysteries (and the detectives who solve them) that have entertained readers for almost a hundred years!
Luciana
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great little biography for young minds written in a picture book format.

I had no prior knowledge of who Agatha Christie really was & this little book taught me a lot.
Megan Schmelzer
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Open Book Reviews by Megan Schmelzer
www.openbookreviews.org

While wandering around Barnes and Noble, I stumbled across this awesome new board book series for babies and toddlers. The vibrant, yet simple, covers displaying historical women that I have grown up learning caught my eye, and it instantly drew me to pick up a few of these books off the shelves.

To be totally honest, I was so intrigued by these books that I ended up sitting right down in
Ben Truong
Agatha Christie is the fifth book in the Little People, Big Dreams series and is a children's picture book written by Isabel Sánchez Vegara and illustrated by Elisa Munsó. It is a cursory biography of Agatha Christie – a little girl who taught herself to read on her journey to become one of the most famous crime writers of all time.

March, at least in my part of the world is Women's History Month, which I plan to read one children's book, particularly a biography, which pertains to the subject ever
Braelyn Carwile
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rdng-350
Agatha Christie is a biography illustrating the life and accomplishments of Agatha Christie. It demonstrates her childhood, what inspired her to write, her most famous books, and how she herself had her own mysteries.
I enjoyed this book a lot. I have been reading all the ones in the Little People, Big Dreams recently, and I have really enjoyed them. I like the illustrations and the words are easy to follow but some have some words that could be difficult for early readers.
Any Student who likes
Amanda Kearney
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Agatha Christie is known as the queen of mystery. This book starts with Agatha's childhood. Her mom always read to her growing up and she would come up with different endings for books as a child. She then went on to be a nurse for the war and eventually became an author. She came up with different characters such as Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple who her readers became attached to. Agatha wrote tons of mystery books and is one of the most creative writers there has ever been.
I loved how t
Portable
This biography of the life of writer Agatha Christie comes from one of the Little People, Big Dreams series and comes recommended from the Mighty Girls website. The illustrations are vivid and inspiring. We have books from this series on our shelves to offer children an alternative to traditional princess stories with inspiring female role models.
NB: I've ordered this book to complete our collection, though in all honesty it is more suitable for a slightly older age group, not so much due to th
Auro Books
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who hasn't heard about Agatha Christie? Who doesn't love a good mystery book? That's why she is, without any doubt The Mystery Queen!

It was so nice to know a little bit more about her life. I didn't know that, for instance, she was a nurse before she started writing books.

The art work, once again, was exquisite. Every single drawing was breathtaking and the colours just matched perfectly.

I lacked a little bit of text. There wasn't as much as in other books of
Jill
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes! I loved this book. It's a children's biography about Agatha Christie and it's perfect. It talks about Hercule Poirot, her most famous literary detective, as well as Miss Marple. I feel like I know a lot about these two literary characters, but I learned things in this little book that expanded my knowledge. I didn't realize that Miss Marple was created to be able to solve cases that Poirot couldn't (!!). I loved everything about this. It's not a stuffy biography at all. It's easy to read, i ...more
And extremely brief capsule biography of Agatha Christie, this picture book is more to the point an inspiration for kids to [SPOILER ALERT] use their imaginations. The illustrations are cute line drawings in black and white with accents of red (i.e., blood, Christie's clothing). There isn't any real information on Christie's extensive or fascinating life, and nothing at all about her passion for and contributions to the field of archaeology after she met her second husband, which is a shame cons ...more
Jenna Vick
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rding-350
This books describes when Agatha was young, she loved to read. She would read all day and all night. The catch was that she would come up with her own idea of how the book would end. As a result of her love for books, made her one of the best-selling novelist of all time.

I enjoyed this book. It shows that by doing what you love will help others love it too.

This book can be used in the classroom when talking boar famous people in history.
Andy Hickman
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
“Agatha Christie” by Mª Isabel Sánchez Vegara, Elisa Munsó

“Little Agatha and her mum read a book together every afternoon. Agatha always had a better idea for how the story should end!”

Inspirational! Excellent series. Great introduction to (and revision of) significant innovators, pioneers and agents of social change.
- - -
Ushnav Shroff
A short visual treat for kids is what 'Little People, Big Dreams' aims to do with its series of biographies, aimed at children reading what could very well turn into their idols. The sketches were on point and left little to the imagination, and the last sketch was freaking fantastic to view and take in, before closing the book.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Maya Angelou (Little People, Big Dreams)
  • Bloom: A Story of Fashion Designer Elsa Schiaparelli
  • Frida Kahlo and Her Animalitos
  • Ada Byron Lovelace and the Thinking Machine
  • Edward Hopper Paints His World
  • Alabama Spitfire: The Story of Harper Lee and To Kill a Mockingbird
Maria Isabel Sánchez Vegara, born in Barcelona, Spain, is a writer and creative director perhaps best known as the author of much of the Little People, Big Dreams series. Each book tells the childhood story of one of the world's female icons in an entertaining, conversational way that works well for the youngest nonfiction readers, allowing them to identify with the characters in each story.

Pequeña & GRANDE (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Coco Chanel (Little People, Big Dreams, #1)
  • Frida Kahlo (Little People, Big Dreams, #2)
  • Audrey Hepburn (Pequeña & GRANDE, #3)
  • Amelia Earhart
  • Marie Curie (Little People, Big Dreams, #6)
  • Ella Fitzgerald (Pequeña & GRANDE, #7)
  • Dian Fossey (Pequeña & GRANDE, #8)
  • Gloria Fuertes (Pequeña & GRANDE, #9)
  • Ada Lovelace (Little People, Big Dreams, #10)
  • Jane Austen (Pequeña & GRANDE, #11)