Start by marking “Agatha Christie (Pequeña & GRANDE, #5)” as Want to Read:
Agatha Christie (Pequeña & GRANDE, #5)

Agatha Christie

(Little People, Big Dreams)

Agatha Christie es la escritora inglesa más leída de todos los tiempos. Sus novelas han sido traducidas a más de cien idiomas y su obra Diez Negritos es uno de los diez libros más leídos de la historia. Con sus peculiares detectives, sus enigmáticos casos y sus historias llenas de ingenio desafió a las mentes de millones de lectores convirtiéndose en la reina del misterio.
Published April 13th 2016 by Alba editorial

To ask other readers questions about Agatha Christie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Agatha Christie

Start your review of Agatha Christie (Pequeña & GRANDE, #5)
Mischenko
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Agatha Christie is a Little People, Big Dreams children's book about author Agatha Christie and how she got her start. It's a very simple read with short paragraphs for young readers. Children will learn where her inspiration came from and the types of books she wrote. There are also a few pages in the back that offer facts about her life.

4****
Dave Schaafsma
I read all of the Christie Poirot books the past 2-3 years and read Agatha: The Real Life of Agatha Christie (written by Anne Martinetti and Guillaume Lebeau and illustrated by Alexandre Franc) as a way an author introduces The Queen of Crime to young children. I like the purpose of the Frances Lincoln Children's Book series focused on women kids need to know, written by Mª Isabel Sánchez Vegara and illustrated by Elisa Munso. The books are lovely as a set, and (I warn you) I am going to read AL ...more
Hilary
May 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Hilary by: Found in the library
3.5 stars. A fairly interesting book about Agatha Christine's life. We liked the illustrations but again we felt not enough text and information to interest an older child and wondered if a younger child would want to see murder victims in a pool of blood or Agatha during WWII tending to soldiers and then looking excitedly at poisons? We were both left wondering what age range this is aimed at? ...more
Lata
Kind of a cute treatment for kids of Agatha Christie’s life. Black and white line drawings with little bits of red used judiciously illustrate different points in Christie’s life. It’s amusing to contrast this book with Agatha Christie’s 500+ pages autobiography, which I’m also reading this month.
Manybooks
Although with Agatha Christie Maria Isabel Sánchez Vegara does present a decently informative introduction to both Agatha Christie's life and how she decided to become a mystery writer, personally I have found the author's presented narrative to be a bit too detailed especially with regard to the main thematics of Christie's books (this naturally being multiple murder victims) for the intended age group (for young children from probably the age of four to six) but then also not quite comprehensi ...more
Soňa
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Another story about a famous woman, this time about the queen of murders. From the series, I already read about Marie Curie. As well this book is generously illustrated with very few texts in it. However, the lack of text is not a disadvantage, it lets space for pictures to tell the story. In case you know very few about Agatha but you don't want to read long or complicated stories, this one is for you, short and simple overview of life.

First sentence:
Little Agatha and her mum read a book toge
Hastings75
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was purchased for me by my better half - and is a fine edition to an already collection that celebrates the Queen of Crime!

A great short book to introduce a "young generation" to Agatha Christie.
Lee Ann
Jul 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Great introduction to Agatha Christie, the person, for very young readers
SpookySoto
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: no-ficcion
Rating: 4.5/5 🤗 Remarkably good
Emotions: Joy and Happiness.
Recommended to: Agatha Christie’s fans, children, if you want to read a biography but don’t have the time to read a lengthy one.
Would I read another from this author:Yes

This is a children book, a biography of Agatha Christie, the queen of crime. It’s very short and concise, it has everything you need to know about her and enough information to peek interest if you want to know more.

I think is a great way to get children interested in gre
Chelsea
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
I knew very little about Agatha Christie before reading this adorable, mini-biography about her. Written and illustrated for children, it's a wonderful peek into her life as a young girl with a big imagination who loved reading, and how she harnessed her talent for story-telling into weaving her own tales as an adult. I've always been curious about Agatha Christie, whose popular mysteries I have yet to read, so now more than ever I plan to finally read one of her famous novels! ...more
Tina
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books, 2018
These are neat biographies for kids, especially girls with terrific illustrations. I loved learning how Agatha was inspired for her future career in writing by studying poisons when she volunteered as a nurse during the first world war.
Becky B
A simple biographical picture book intro to mystery writer Agatha Christie.

This was ok but I wanted a little more. To build the mood for Agatha's biography, the illustrator chose to do the illustrations in just black and white with some red highlights. I liked that choice, but I'm not a huge fan of the style of illustration used. And this is just the most basic of basic introductions to Agatha Christie. It basically tells that she was a writer, that she worked as a nurse during the war, that she
Earl
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: agatha-christie
I love any biography series where they focus on the not-already-written-about-multiple-times subjects. And with Agatha Christie being my favorite writer of all time, I was excited for this one. I didn’t learn anything new but people will get the important details of her life and work- creating mysteries (and the detectives who solve them) that have entertained readers for almost a hundred years!
Ann Santori
Concise, good information (including a fuller biography and timeline at back of book), and beautifully striking B&W illustrations with creeptastic red pops of color (get it, guys, Christie writes murder mysteries, and blood is red).

2017 POPSUGAR Reading Challenge: "A book with a title that's a character's name."
Susan Morris
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
This is part of a new series, “Little People, Big Dreams,” which gives a short & simple introduction to interesting & important women. I think the series is a good addition to libraries for young students to gain an introduction to some famous individuals. (Library)
Luciana
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great little biography for young minds written in a picture book format.

I had no prior knowledge of who Agatha Christie really was & this little book taught me a lot.
Jennifer B.
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting illustrations, but the information is very basic.
A7_C12K
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love watching Agatha Christie on television but to read the books it’s just a whole different level.
Kirsti
Delightful book about one of the most successful authors of the twentieth century. The art, which is black and white with red spot color, is compelling. It's interesting how training in one thing (nursing) because your country needs you can lead to popular and financial success in another area (writing extremely entertaining novels and short stories in which people get poisoned). ...more
Graham Sillars
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply gorgeous. This is my first Little People Big Dreams Book and it wont be my last. It tells the story of how Agatha Christie came to create her two most famous characters... Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple. The accompanying artwork was beautifully done too. As a fan of Dame Agatha this book totally hit the spot.
Ruth
May 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, biography
I've never read much Agatha Christie, but And Then There Were None is hands-down one of my all-time favorite books.

I've loved every AC movie made from her books, and recently found out my library has most of her books on audiobook. I may have to remedy my lack of her titles in my "read" column here on goodreads!

I love that she learned about poisons and other methods of murder/mayhem through her non-murdery stint as a nurse!
Ben Truong
Agatha Christie is the fifth book in the Little People, Big Dreams series and is a children's picture book written by Isabel Sánchez Vegara and illustrated by Elisa Munsó. It is a cursory biography of Agatha Christie – a little girl who taught herself to read on her journey to become one of the most famous crime writers of all time.

March, at least in my part of the world is Women's History Month, which I plan to read one children's book, particularly a biography, which pertains to the subject ev
Braelyn Carwile
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rdng-350
Agatha Christie is a biography illustrating the life and accomplishments of Agatha Christie. It demonstrates her childhood, what inspired her to write, her most famous books, and how she herself had her own mysteries.
I enjoyed this book a lot. I have been reading all the ones in the Little People, Big Dreams recently, and I have really enjoyed them. I like the illustrations and the words are easy to follow but some have some words that could be difficult for early readers.
Any Student who likes
Paul
I'm not sure at what age younger readers pick up their first Agatha Christie mystery, but this book probably won't facilitate that. It is, however, a good book on its own. It delivers a simple biography, illustrates her story in black and white with touches of, not surprisingly, red, and end notes that tell more of Christie's story and includes several photos of her. Illustrated by Elisa Munsó.

The series as a whole offers creative, simple, and inspiring examples of women in their professions. Wh
Amanda Kearney
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Agatha Christie is known as the queen of mystery. This book starts with Agatha's childhood. Her mom always read to her growing up and she would come up with different endings for books as a child. She then went on to be a nurse for the war and eventually became an author. She came up with different characters such as Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple who her readers became attached to. Agatha wrote tons of mystery books and is one of the most creative writers there has ever been.
I loved how this bo
Portable
This biography of the life of writer Agatha Christie comes from one of the Little People, Big Dreams series and comes recommended from the Mighty Girls website. The illustrations are vivid and inspiring. We have books from this series on our shelves to offer children an alternative to traditional princess stories with inspiring female role models.
NB: I've ordered this book to complete our collection, though in all honesty it is more suitable for a slightly older age group, not so much due to th
Jill
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes! I loved this book. It's a children's biography about Agatha Christie and it's perfect. It talks about Hercule Poirot, her most famous literary detective, as well as Miss Marple. I feel like I know a lot about these two literary characters, but I learned things in this little book that expanded my knowledge. I didn't realize that Miss Marple was created to be able to solve cases that Poirot couldn't (!!). I loved everything about this. It's not a stuffy biography at all. It's easy to read, i ...more
And extremely brief capsule biography of Agatha Christie, this picture book is more to the point an inspiration for kids to [SPOILER ALERT] use their imaginations. The illustrations are cute line drawings in black and white with accents of red (i.e., blood, Christie's clothing). There isn't any real information on Christie's extensive or fascinating life, and nothing at all about her passion for and contributions to the field of archaeology after she met her second husband, which is a shame cons ...more
n
I used this book, among others in the series, in a unit about biographies for seventh grade. Even among my seventh graders, who initially were annoyed that I'd brought them children's books, they found this set quite enjoyable (and wanted to make their own).

From a teacher-perspective, these are super-helpful as ways to build student recognition of how images are used to tell stories (information within the picture, messages from parts of the image, symbolism, etc) and how we tell stories to make
Auro Books
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who hasn't heard about Agatha Christie? Who doesn't love a good mystery book? That's why she is, without any doubt The Mystery Queen!

It was so nice to know a little bit more about her life. I didn't know that, for instance, she was a nurse before she started writing books.

The art work, once again, was exquisite. Every single drawing was breathtaking and the colours just matched perfectly.

I lacked a little bit of text. There wasn't as much as in other books of the series. Other than that this boo
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Rosa Parks
  • Maya Angelou (Little People, Big Dreams)
  • Emmeline Pankhurst
  • Captain Tom Moore (Little People, BIG DREAMS)
  • The Elephant's Child (Just So Stories)
  • The First Dog
  • How The Camel Got His Hump (Just So Stories)
  • How the Rhinoceros Got His Skin (Rabbit Ears)
  • Birds of a Feather
  • Mama Miti: Wangari Maathai and the Trees of Kenya
  • A Book for Escargot
  • Monsoon
  • No Reading Allowed: The WORST Read-Aloud Book Ever
  • Once a Mouse...
  • John Lennon
See top shelves…
Maria Isabel Sánchez Vegara, born in Barcelona, Spain, is a writer and creative director perhaps best known as the author of much of the Little People, Big Dreams series. Each book tells the childhood story of one of the world's female icons in an entertaining, conversational way that works well for the youngest nonfiction readers, allowing them to identify with the characters in each story. ...more

Little People, Big Dreams (1 - 10 of 74 books)
  • Marie Curie (Little People, Big Dreams, #6)
  • Frida Kahlo (Little People, Big Dreams, #2)
  • Coco Chanel (Little People, Big Dreams, #1)
  • Ada Lovelace (Little People, Big Dreams, #10)
  • Maya Angelou (Little People, Big Dreams)
  • David Bowie (Little People, BIG DREAMS)
  • L. M. Montgomery
  • Mahatma Gandhi (Little People, BIG DREAMS)
  • Mother Teresa (Little People, Big Dreams)
  • Amelia Earhart