Start by marking “Morningstar of the Reformation” as Want to Read:
Morningstar of the Reformation

Morningstar of the Reformation

3.51  ·  Rating details ·  107 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
John Wycliffe (1328-84) pursued his vision of an English Bible for the common man. A fictionalized biography of John Wycliffe, set in medieval England. Readers will share in Wycliffe's student days at Oxford University and see him work toward his goal of translating the Bible into English for all Englishmen to read. Also used as a companion novel with Grade 6 Bible for Chr ...more
Published February 22nd 1998 by BJU Press (first published May 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Morningstar of the Reformation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Morningstar of the Reformation

Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
this book was verry good . i devoured it in a week , which is rare for me to do with a book . I knew a small bit about Wesley but not much ,this story gives a facination retelling of his life as a young man and into his older years . Its very uplifting and inspirational , and makes me wonder if I could serve the Lord with the same ferver that John Wesley did. I am very grateful to him for translating the Bible into English .
Nov 24, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Morning Star Of The Reformation is 134 pages long, and by Andy Thomson.

I was going to rate this book 0 stars, but then I remembered that you can't. So sad. This book makes no sence, and does not deserve praise. Sure, John Wyclyffe is a great man, all his friends, and what they did was great, but as previously stated; it is a terrible book.
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very interesting biography of a man determined to know God through reading his word. Nowadays we have such easy access to the Bible and many translations. This book helped me realize how blessed I am.
Alicia Willis
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best historical-fiction books available for young readers about the amazing life of John Wycliffe. Historical accuracy, exciting plots, and a heartwarming friendship fill its pages, creating a truly memorable story! A must-read for all Wycliffe/Reformation fans.
Aug 19, 2015 rated it liked it
While this was a great read for history's sake, and to learn about John Wycliffe, my 7th graders and I found it boring and the language difficult to read. There were good lessons throughout the story and good ways to share Bible passages about faith, but we were all glad when it was finished.
Oct 09, 2010 is currently reading it
Great book for a family read aloud!
Gwen Burrow
It's a very good book.
Easy to read.
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: heart-of-dakota, own
This book about John Wycliffe is excellent. It kept the kids and I on the edge of our seat.
Mar 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: educational
Great family read-aloud! Very interesting and a compelling read for the kids. Although it is fictionalized, I still highly recommend it.
Jan 25, 2012
Great Book Study
Feb 15, 2016
Matt Mason
Dec 14, 2012 rated it liked it
A good family read aloud.
Jul 14, 2012
Robin Cundiff
Mar 22, 2014
Aug 01, 2014
Patti Ashley
rated it did not like it
Aug 11, 2014
Aug 20, 2007
« previous 1 3 4 next »
“I at this writing am an old man, only three years short of my three score and ten. And they tell me that Wycliffe’s bones have been dug up and burned and cast into the river that leads to the sea. The Church--she thinks--has had her revenge.
But, as I hear it, Wycliffe’s writings had already touched one man in Bohemia, John Huss, whom the Church burned several years ago. And though both Wycliffe and Huss be dead, There are rumors of unrest in that small country, unrest caused by those who seek true religion.
In England, King Henry rules hand in glove with the Pope, but not forever, I think.
We are still here--the Lollards, I mean. Did you guess it? Yes, I have become a “poor priest.” And I will tell you this: the writings of Wycliffe have been driven out of Oxford, but they can be found in every other nook in England. Indeed, many a time I have talked with an Oxford scholar on the road and have seen God open his heart to the truth.
This is what Saint Paul meant when he spoke of Christians as being pressed but never pinned. The Church rages, but the truth goes on. Many a stout English yeoman embraces it in these days and leads his family in true godly worship.
John Wycliffe was our morning star. When all was darkest and England lay asleep in the deadly arms of the papacy, God sent him to us. The Scripture has come to England. What will it hold back? Soon--though perhaps not in my lifetime-- the dawn will break, and there will be a new day in England.”