Start by marking “Desolation (LZR-1143, #4)” as Want to Read:
Desolation (LZR-1143, #4)

Desolation

(LZR-1143 #4)

The world is lost.

The undead blanket the land. The living struggle to survive.

Amidst the wreckage and decay, Mike and his friends fight to continue their quest, risking everything to find Kate's daughter.

But can they ever hope to prevail, as the forces of nature turn against them? Through earthquakes that ravage the very earth upon which they journey, and the devasta
Published March 9th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Desolation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desolation

Start your review of Desolation (LZR-1143, #4)
The Cats’ Mother
This is the fourth book in the LZR-1143 zombie apocalypse series, and I thought it was the last, as it was published in 2016 and there has been nothing since, and no updates on the author’s website, but apparently at least one more is planned. I’m not actually into zombie novels, we gave up on The Walking Dead a season or two ago, and I can’t say I enjoy all the shuffling, moaning, decomposing and disintegrating, but I do like End of the World survival stories, and this one takes your standard P ...more
John Podlaski
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Micheal, Ky, and Kate continue their quest to reach Vancouver and rescue Kate's daughter. En route, they have to survive roving hordes of zombies, soldiers gone bad, and earthquakes/tsunamis caused by a nuclear sub crashing into one of the faults off of the Pacific coast of the United States.

While crossing a swollen river through a crashed ferry that crashed into one of the remaining bridges, Mike and the girls get separated. The storyline continues to follow each of the two groups separately -
Elizabeth Jane
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love this series!

I sincerely hope Mr. James never stops writing this series! I was never one for anything dealing with zombies: in truth, I always felt they were the stupidest of paranormal creatures. But his books have opened my eyes to JUST how dangerous they COULD be. I adore the character, Mike. His smart ass mouth and unpredictable ideas never fail to crack me up. He's like the best dad anyone could hope for and he doesn't even have kids! It's great! I can't wait to see what happ
Michele Andre
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A must-read for any zombie apocalypse lover!

Read the entire series and loved it from the first book. It was so refreshing to watch the characters develop and become their own small family in a world filled with death, destruction, and zombies! Can't wait to read more by this author.
DEBRA A.
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good series

I thoroughly enjoyed this series. Mr James is a talented author and story teller. The last book wrapped up a little too quickly, but the series was worth the read. Can't wait to check out his next project.
Chrystal Roe
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

I love this story. it has so many interesting twists to it. The characters are really well done. It is easy to become involved emotionally in this book. I can't wait for the next one.
Karen L Wright
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent series

Once I started reading this series I couldn’t stop! I’m eagerly awaiting the next book. The characters are strong and well rounded. I definitely recommend this author
Sharon Hendrix
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The saga continues...

Just when I was all ready to be all kinds of mad because Kate dies just as her daughter appears...bam! Preview for the next book. Hopefully we will get the backstory of Liz and her friend's escape from Vancouver. I can't wait for the next book!
Brian Doyle
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An exceptionally well written and entertaining story about a Post apocalyptic world with great main Characters in Mike, Kate and Ty and how they deal with the good and bad in their journey to find Kate's daughter. Cannot wait to read the next instalment
Leslie Wiederspan
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
The series, as a whole, was pretty good. The humor, mixed with real emotions was a nice touch. Lots of blood and gore, as any zombie series should. But the ending.... Not a fan of the ending. But obvious that a 5th book is on the way.
Donny Wagner
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this zompoc seriea

I really enjoy this series. The fact that the heroes' plans never work out as they continue in their journey to save the world, really makes this series more believable. I can't wait for book 5# !
Marzena Kiernan
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

I really enjoyed the book series and I have read quite of few “zombie” books. The stories are great and the writing style and slight humor kept me reading way into the night. Can’t wait for the next book in the series.
Wanda Pettigrew
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jaw dropping

More please. Now that was intense,I truly loved it. Still going strong, I am quite a fan of this series. Wil be waiting for more
Lucie Pecor
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Excellent Zombie story

Enjoyed the story and excitement but the ending .... well you will just have to read for yourself. It was a good read.
Joshua Sutherland
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just can't stop

Been hooked since the first book, through the twists and turns. It's been a !omg journey from them til now, but worth every minute.
Clint Walker Jr
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read!

Love the writing style of the author the characters are real and he makes it easy to get drawn into their world!
Kristin Kelley
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really good book. Can’t wait for the next one to come out. Definitely didn’t expect the ending on this one.
Brian Abbott
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great series
Tammy
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let-1143: desolation

Liked it. A somewhat different take on zombies. Heart wrenching plenty of action mixed with humor. A must read .
Mystee Pulcine
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How could the author end this book this way? This can't be the end of series, right? When is the next book?!
James Watts
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good series

I have enjoyed this series very much. Great characters looking forward to seeing the next addition to the series. Fast paced GOOd time
Eurico Chagas-filho
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fast paced book, in some moments you have to finish the chapter.
Dawn
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vamps-zoms
Really enjoyed the series as a whole, was sad to say goodbye.
Tina Cross
Jun 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great continuing story.

The second in the series didn't lag or lose any momentum. The ending will leave you with your mouth hanging open in disbelief!
Shannon Chapel
Apr 04, 2016 rated it liked it
So-So

Don't think I'll be reading the next installment in this series, if there is one. The protagonist is likable and the books are okay, but the numerous ridiculous scenarios and monumentally unfunny "that's what she said" jokes are just too much. If you're looking for a good undead series, try the Mountain Man books by Keith C. Blackmore. Absolutely the best reluctant hero story I've ever read.
Jason & Jules
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love this series!!!

As far as zombie apocalypse books, this is one of the best I've read! The story is epic, the characters larger than life and the action is non-stop! Every time you think things are going to grind to a stop, it just gets better! This author is a true wordsmith, with the rare ability to make you laugh out loud. Don't pass this one up!
Tara Spalvieri
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great Writing!

Loved this installment, my only complaint is the wait till the next one! Fast paced, energetic story telling! Just remember we are waiting for a miracle to wake Kate next time :)
Michelle
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jane
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow

If only The ending had been different. I traveled a long way with our heroes. I enjoyed the series immensely.
Dani
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Love this guy. Love the series!

• Dead Haven (Jack Zombie #1)
  • Infection (Sympatico Syndrome #1)
  • Deadbreak
  • Jim's First Day (The Infected, #1)
  • Glimmer of Hope (Land of Tomorrow #1)
  • The Purge of Babylon Series Box Set: Books 1-3
  • The Last Resort
  • Requiem (After The Purge: Vendetta #1)
  • The Shock (After, #1)
  • Broken World (Broken World, #1)
  • Pilgrimage: A Post-Apocalyptic Survival Story
  • Dust to Dust (Deconstruction #1)
  • Empty Bodies (Empty Bodies #1)
  • The Last Woman
  • My Dead World
  • Impact (Cloverdale #1)
  • Mosquito Man
  • Solar Storm (Survival EMP Book 1)

LZR-1143 (4 books)
  • Infection (LZR-1143 #1)
  • Evolution (LZR-1143, #2)
  • Redemption (LZR-1143, #3)