Start by marking “Molly (The Frey Saga, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Molly (The Frey Saga, #2.5)

Molly

(The Frey Saga #2.5)

Librarian's note: Alternate cover edition of ASIN B007Y5FZF4.

Molly dreamed her whole life of living in a world of magic... until the day she walked into one. This short story falls between The Frey Saga Book Two: Pieces of Eight and the third book, Rise of The Seven.
Published (first published April 26th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Molly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Molly

Patti Ashley
Jun 11, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Incredibly unnecessary

This story was a waste of time for me but I am not a fan of this series. I never connected with this series but I bought the set. Convinced there was something that made me busy them I read them all. Ugh!
Autumn Storm
This is merely a stepping stone from book 2 of The Frey series - Pieces of Eight and book 3, Rise of the Seven. With only 28 pages this is a quick and easy read. We are introduced to Molly in book 2 from Frey's POV. Frey doesn't like Humans any more than she likes Fairys and one could go as far as to say she hated them with a passion. I enjoyed learning about Molly from Molly herself and it gave me a better insight as to how much Molly suffers while believing in those that surround her. Not extr ...more
Selaya Morton
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, short enough but still left a bit of room for more details. There could have been a little more info about Molly's time with Asher's guard. At least we now know that Junnie didn't kill her outright. Once again, somewhat predictable - almost a mirror image of the events described in Frey's mother's diary. On to the next one, I suppose.
Wayne Inkster
A quick novella giving a human perspective of Freya and the elves.
Haley
Apr 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Spoiler Alert!* If you haven’t read the first two books, Frey and Pieces of Eight, this probably won’t make sense!

This is a short story about Molly, a human girl that we met briefly in Freya's story. Molly is...Molly is a human in a fairy tale world, and never mind the fact the she always wanted to be in that world. When she is taken from the forest near her home, she accepts Asher's proposal and becomes one of his "women" for lack of a better word. Women that are only thier to produce him an
TheCosyDragon

Molly wants to believe she is special, but she's part of an army of breeders...

This little novella was hardly long enough to qualify for a review, but I promised 4 posts, so here's number 3. I actually quite liked this little story, and it was pleasant to hear some someone other than Frey for a bit.

The gradual idea/picture that is being built her
Danielle Smiley
Short stories/novellas are rarely "important" to the telling of a series' story. Molly is very much an exception. This book explains SO MUCH! And it's a great story all on it's own (but you definitely want to wait to read it until you've read Pieces of Eight). Molly is a complex character; one you don't necessarily even like, but you understand where she's coming from and you want to know what happens with her. The events of Molly unfold simultaneously with Pieces of Eight and shed some great li ...more
Kyra Dunst
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a pinch penny when it comes to books; after all, there are so many free ones out there, right?

As soon as I began reading 'Frey', I couldn't put it down. I stayed up late (and greeted the sun) just to finish it all in one sitting. Book one of the 'Frey Saga' was written so well, and the characters were so compelling, I simply had to have more. I immediately purchased the second... and third... and even the short story about Molly.

This is a short story, yes, but it does show you just how warp
Rick Waddington
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This short story made my understanding of the series much more clear.

I found this book to be a stepping stone to better understand the series. I really thought Molly was killed right away.
May 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, reviewed
Molly was an excellent follow up to "Pieces of Eight", diving into the human perspective in this elf driven world. Molly was an enjoyable character, and her perspective of the group only added insight into Frey's band of followers. I loved getting to know more about the main plot twist from book two. This novella starts out simply enough, then continuously builds into a surprising climax. All I can say is I can't wait to read the third installment, as it's sure to be one wild ride!
So buy this! I
Nicole
Jul 22, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was interesting to see this small part of the story from Molly's point of view. It was a short, yet entertaining read. It was also interesting to see the main characters of the Frey series through the eyes of this girl. It also allows a little insight to a few details that otherwise wouldn't have been told. An enjoyable, quick read.
Reem_alghanmi
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the fastest read ever . It made me think more about other worlds and whether or not I really wanna go their it is a very interesting theory that these worlds might hate us or think that we don't exist anymore. I liked this book and it gave me great information for the next book and without this information I think I would be very lost in the next book . So I am grateful for this book
Laura LaRoche
This is the point of view by Molly, the pregnant human girl, who is introduced into the Frey Sagas. This is a very short insight to the world of Frey told by a human. And hints at what's to come in book three. I love this book, and if you liked the Frey Sagas you will love this story!
S.L. Wallace
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved reading this passage from Pieces of Eight from the human girl's point of view. It was very well done, and the ending explained a lot. I only wish I'd remembered to read it prior to reading the third book in the series.
Holly Raver
This was a short read, but I think Molly should have listened to her dad on this one....She got kidnapped by and evil elf and ended up pregnant with his child and in a power play.....Never ends well...
Erica
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great short story in the Frey series

Molly is a bridging tale, filling in details of a minor character in the second book and leading background for what is to come. Fun, fast read.
jem
Dec 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short

Too short for the money.
It is just another chapter in a book I already own.
Information not needed for series and leaves you hanging.
Diana
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Molly gave us a bit more answers but made me dislike Fray even more. The end was a good cliffhanger for the fourth book.
Karri
ok but could have been incorporated in another book. not important enough to be a stand alone or even a short story
Heidi R.
May 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: melissa-wright
This insight into the Frey Saga from the human's POV was fascinating and I totally enjoyed it. I am looking forward to book three, Conception.
Mandy
Jun 24, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This short story was a complete waste of my lunchtime.
Teryl
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Nice to have the background.
Kathy
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lightening Conclusion

There is nothing more thrilling at being kept in a half suspense until the last sentence. looking forward to rest of the story.
Celeste
rated it did not like it
Jan 26, 2015
Shelly
Nov 27, 2012
Gemma
May 02, 2013

• Summer Night (The Witchling, #1.5)
  • The Book of Faeyore (Frost, #0.5)
  • The Importance of Being Emily (Bad Witch: The Emily Chronicles #0.5)
  • Dragon Wings (The Amethyst Dragon, #1)
  • The Department of Alterations (Crewel World, #0.5)
  • Zombie Tales from Dead Worlds
  • Raider's Curse (Jonmarc Vahanian Adventure #1)
  • Barely Alive (Barely Alive, #1)
  • Foul Is Fair (Fair Folk Chronicles, #1)
  • Like a Thief in the Night
  • The Raid (The Eden Trilogy, #0.6)
  • Lucidity (The Raven Chronicles, #2)
  • Cindy Witch (Blood and Snow, #13)
  • Alternity
  • No Intention of Dying (The Internment Chronicles, #1.5)
  • The Vision of Escaflowne, Vol. 1
  • Abigail
  • Blood Oath (Mystic Wolves #1C)
Melissa is the author of the Frey Saga, Descendants Series, and KING OF ASH AND BONE. She is currently working on the next book, but when not writing can be found collecting the things she loves at Goodreads and Pinterest. Contact her through the web at www.melissa-wright.com

The Frey Saga (4 books)
  • Frey (The Frey Saga, #1)
  • Pieces of Eight (The Frey Saga, #2)
  • Rise of the Seven (The Frey Saga, #3)
  • Venom and Steel  (The Frey Saga, #4)