Start by marking “Remind Me Again Why I Need A Man” as Want to Read:
Remind Me Again Why I Need A Man

Remind Me Again Why I Need A Man

3.31  ·  Rating details ·  852 Ratings  ·  149 Reviews
Amelia Lockwood doesn't mean to sound greedy. With a fabulous career in television, a posh apartment, and four fiercely loyal and wickedly funny friends, she knows she should be counting her lucky stars. But as her thirties tick by at an alarming pace, Amelia is getting anxious about the one thing missing in her otherwise successful life--a husband!

If it's not too much to
Published May 1st 2007 by Harper (first published 2005)

katie
May 31, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2011
YoSafBridg
May 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
Maybe i actually needed those hordes of junior high school kids to take out my rampagey crankiness on because now that i'm working in a calmer library i seem to be venting it on poor feckless Irish authors like Claudia Carroll. It happens once again, i get a book in my box, my hold notification on it, with no recollection as to why i put it on hold (at least this time i had a vague recollection of putting it on hold~so That's progress...) So i set out to read Remind Me Again Why I Need a Man: to ...more
Annie Kaye
Mar 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-finds
When I saw this book at the library I was attracted to it by the vintage cover art, and the front flap sounded pretty funny. Overall I enjoyed the book, if I did have to suspend my disbelief at times about all the boyfriends Amelia'd had over the years and what they'd become. It felt a lot like Sex and the City meets Dublin, Ireland, right down to when Amelia strikes a refrain that echoes a Charlotte York line almost verbatim: "I've been dating since I was fifteen. I'm exhausted! Where is he?"

T
Sara
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Empezó bien, pero llegó un momento en el que me dio flojera y me costó mucho terminarlo, sentí que leía ''Precious'' versión comedia, a la protagonista le pasa de todo y me harta su punto de desesperación por tener a un hombre a su lado. Al final resulta que ya no actúa con desesperación y usa más la cabeza para tomar las decisiones correctas, pero sinceramente, pareciera que la autora se quedó sin ideas para continuar el libro y dejó paja regada por todos lados, junto con un final que deja much ...more
Cyndi
Mar 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Could barely get thru it. I was hoping I might learn why I'm still single haha. All my ex's except 3 are unmarried or not in happy relationships so clearly I'm not the problem. I didn't think Amelia was the problem either. Ending could've been better.
Meghan Ralph
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Fun read but felt as if something was lacking.
Bookevin
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really adored this lovely tale of finding true love! Review to come :)
Kristina
Classic British humor and writing. It was great. Set in Dublin and Amelia’s story is a classic tale of unrequited love and trying to figure out this dating world for 30 something’s. It had humor, shake your head embarrassingly moments, and hope that love is around the corner.

Amelia, a tv producer, is on a journey to get married within the year. She is over 35 so no time like the now. She joins a class that can guarantee just that promise. She has to go back into her ex-past and discover why tho
Tonya
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
OMG, this book is so generic that I had read it before and didn't even realize it until Goodreads pointed that fact out to me, as I was getting ready to write this review. It didn't even feel familiar enough as I read it that I noticed. Wow.
Jelena Antic
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simpaticna prica. Kako devojku su same sebi dovoljne.
  • An Eligible Bachelor
  • An Autumn Crush
  • Roommates
  • Herself
  • To My Best Friends.
  • The (Im)Perfect Girlfriend (Sarah Sargeant, #2)
  • Strictly Love
Claudia was born in Dublin and is a graduate of UCD, the College of Music and of the Gaiety School of Acting. Since then she has worked extensively as an actress on the Irish stage, but is probably best known for her role as TV’s Nicola Prendergast in the long running Dublin soap opera, ‘Fair City.’
More about Claudia Carroll...
“Being an old maid is a little bit like drowning. A really delightful sensation once you give up the struggle.” 0 likes