Start by marking “Scritto nel destino” as Want to Read:
Scritto nel destino

Scritto nel destino

(Anchor Island #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  6,699 ratings  ·  406 reviews

A volte la soluzione migliore è quella che cercavi da sempre.

Beth Chandler ha passato tutta la vita tentando di compiacere gli altri. Ha studiato legge per far contenti i nonni. Ha acconsentito a sposare Lucas, il fidanzato maniaco del lavoro, per farlo felice. E, nonostante la fobia per le barche, è salita su un traghetto per conoscere i futuri suoceri e fare contenti an

Published April 12th 2016 by AmazonCrossing (first published May 21st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Scritto nel destino, please sign up.

really liked it 4.00  ·

Duchess Nicole
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Jennifer Crusie, Jill Shalvis, Bella Andrea, Nora Roberts
Five big fat romantic, funny, sexy, Meant to Be Stars!!

I almost cannot believe that this is a debut novel. I know it's the first debut I've read that has gone to my favorites shelf, and another much needed reminder of what makes romance so special.

Beth is living the life of perfection...well, someone else's idea of perfection. Raised by grandparents who continually use her mother's example of what she doesn't want to be, Beth has grown up pleasing everyone but herself, doing what is expected of
Jill
May 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jill by: Duchess Nicole

Not a clenching womb or a pair of dripping undies in sight....thankfully!

Beth Chandler is engaged to the most wonderful man. Lucas is smart, confident, kind, generous and well-dressed. And she's on her way to Anchor Island in the Outer Banks to meet his parents and brother who live and work on the island.

There's only one way to the island and that's by ferry, and Beth has a phobia of being on water after a houseboat incident in childhood. When she meets up with Joe and his dog, Dozer
Mo
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

"Hell if I know, but I figure if I see a hard-edged, high-maintenance blonde bimbo driving a fancy car, that’ll be her."

Lifelong people-pleaser Beth Chandler will do anything to make a good impression on her future in-laws, including defy her fear of boats to make the ferry crossing required to meet them. Lucky for her, a lovable mutt and his tall, sexy, blue-eyed owner provide enough distraction to subdue her paralyzing panic attack. But Beth’s human tranquilizer turns out to be her
Christina ~ Brunette Reader
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Christina ~ Brunette Reader by: Jill and Ian

4,5 Romantically Cosy Stars

"Engaged women were not supposed to have lustful thoughts about men who were not their fiancé. Being engaged for a mere two weeks was no excuse."

And if the man you find yourself lusting over happens to be your fiancé's stepbrother then things usually have an annoying tendency of getting even more tangled and messy. It's what Beth Chandler learns at her piece of mind's expenses as soon as she sets foot on placid Anchor Island, a quaint piece of colourful paradise en
KatLynne
Meant to Be is a refreshing, fun, grab-you-from-the-get-go romance! It’s very well written and hard to believe this is Terri Osburn’s first novel!

The story begins as Beth Chandler travels to a small island off the NC coast to begin a two week visit with her future in-laws. She’s spent her entire life making others happy and even with her long time fear of boats, she’s agreed to this trip to appease Lucas, her workaholic, ambitious, future husband.

There are laugh out loud moments throughout and
Ian
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Jill Shalvis and Robyn Carr.
Recommended to Ian by: BamaGal
Beth has always set her own hopes and dreams aside to please others. When Lucas, her fiancé decides it's time she meets the parents, she braves the ferry to Anchor Island despite a paralysing fear of water stemming from a childhood boating accident.

Then on the first day of their holiday, Lucas is called back to work leaving her in the care of his parents and brother, Joe. From the very first, there is a spark between Joe and Beth and as Beth settles into life on the island their attraction only
Geri Reads
May 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!

Ahhhh, why oh why did it take me so long to read this series?? I'm mentally face-palming because this book and this series in general is my kind of book and yet, it took me a long time to read it! Suffice it say, this series hits all right spot for me. It's set in a small-town with colorful characters, flawed but likable MCs, humor, and fantastic writing!

For those of you who are wondering if there's cheating based on the blurb, let me assure right now that there is no cheating. Not rea
Saly
Rating 4.5 stars
LOVED IT!!This was amazing. Beth she had been raised in a stifling manner and to please others and she almost married a man because of that but then Joe came along and he was so wrong for her on so many levels especially since he was the half brother of her fiancee. I loved the conflict, loved the feelings that gradually developed between them. I am looking forward to Sid's book, she is gonna kick-ass!
Didi
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All romance lovers!
10/10 MASSIVE, MEANT TO BE STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVED THIS!
I ADORED THIS!
I WAS SMITTEN BY THIS!

ALL THE POSSIBLE, COMPREHENSIBLE, DESCRIBABLE WAYS TO LOVE A BOOK WAS HOW I LOVED THIS!

I knew it was right up my alley when I read the synopsis, I knew I loved a good taboo story line, I even knew that it would be a very satisfying ending. What I didn't know was HOW MUCH I WOULD LOVE IT.

It was beautiful, captivating, atmospheric and sweet. I wanted to get up, drop everything and uproot my family t
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
I loved this book! (Thanks so much Nicole for pimping it out!) :)

It was fantastic, with all of those yummy things I look for in a great book.

The story starts with a chance meeting of Joe and Beth on the ferry to Anchor island. Beth is going to the island to meet her future in-laws, and Joe is there to look for his future "blonde bimbo" sister in-law. Beth is terrified of boats and is mid panic attack when Joe comes across her. He ends up sitting in her car helping her to calm down. As "meet-cut
Jen
I'm seriously impressed with this debut novel. The author's style reminds me of Jill Shalvis but not in a copycat kind of way. Longer review to follow.
Jamie
May 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Really cute and easy read! Zero angst. Sweet story... enjoyed this one!
♡Karlyn P♡
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good! Looks like I have a new series to follow. A small town romance with interesting secondary characters.

Will write more if I get time.
Pikolina
Me ha parecido una historia bonita, con un buen estilo de escritura, agil y facil de leer. Con muy buenos protagonistas. Solo puedo darle 3 estrellas porque en algun momento la historia me ha parecido quizás algo sosa, y el principio tb algo lento. Aparte, el final es super escueto, me he quedado con ganas de más. 3 estrellitas le doy.
Katina
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!! Great new author! Can't wait to read more from her. Joe and Beth were great together and the angst of their romance had me hooked!
Marnee Blake
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full disclosure... I'm one of Terri's early readers. But I just loved this book. Add this one to your to-read lists. You'll be happy you did.
Jacob Proffitt
This is a serviceable romance, but only just. Most of that is the really compressed timeframe. Beth's vacation is only two weeks and a lot of those days are spent doing non-Joe things. I'm sorry, but two weeks just doesn't cut it. Particularly when they spend so much time in denial.

Once I got past the timing, I then had to confront the feeling that the two of them aren't really that great a fit. They'll do, I suppose, but I can't escape the feeling that the two of them are together mostly becaus
 Asdag♑
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
¡Atención es el 1° de la serie aunque pone 2°!
No sé si 4🌟 o 5 🌟
Que bonita historia, me ha gustado más de lo que pensé en un principio. Las descripciones hacen que estés en Anchor Island (Ocracoke en la vida real), todos los personajes me han encantado y la pareja protagonista mucho más 😍
Jacqueline
Cute, sweet and undemanding. I enjoyed this one.
Amanda
May 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always love small town romance. This one set in Anchor Island, a small tight-knit community whereby everyone knows everyone. Is a light-hearted romance about Beth's first time visit to her fiance, Lucas' hometown. But due to Lucas' workaholic nature, Beth ended up at the Dempsey's family without her fiance, which led to her spending more time with his older brother, Joe Dempsey.

Joe Dempsey is the kind of guy who loves his island and only needs his boat and his dog, Dozer. He is cranky, gruff a
Michelle [Helen Geek]
06/16/2013 --

Overall Rating = 3 Stars
Book Cover / Book Blurb = 3 / 3 = 3 Stars
Writer’s Voice = 3 Stars
Character Development = 3.5 Stars
Story Appreciation = 3 Stars
Worth the Chili = 3 Stars [$3.99 Amazon,but it available free with Prime]

This was just an okay read for me. I almost didn't finish it I was so bored in the middle. I put it down, but then picked it up to finish it.

I'm really not sure what it was about the book that bored me. I did like the characters, but they didn't pull me. The story
Maria R
En deferencia a Marian, aqui va la reseña. Esta bien, no es para correr a leerlo y dejar todo lo demas.
Ni frio ni calor, se deja leer, una historia romantica, sencilla, predecible. No decepciona, pero tampoco emociona.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
I really enjoyed this. It was a super cute romance with a great setting and great cast of characters. I love, love Ocracoke Island and think I read that the author used Ocracoke as her inspiration for Anchor Island. Beautifully done. I felt like I was there again! I loved how Beth and Joe met and how their story unfolded. Very perfect HEA. Can’t wait to read the next one.
Anne OK
Jun 19, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-reads
This one reminds me a little bit of The Gansett Island Series by Marie Force, but it’s missing the heat and sizzle, along with the depth and connectivity. There’s a similar scenario with a small town island setting, close-knit family and neighbors working together to keep Anchor Island in its pristine condition, along with their livelihoods intact.

One brother’s engagement is in danger of unraveling when a romantic triangle forms between his fiance’ and his older step-brother. Arriving by ferry
Pirouette
Jan 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved reading this story which combined a small town / island feel and a cute story with great dialogues. I loved the writing style, which was light-hearted without being glib.

This is just the kind of contemporary I enjoy. Funny, light-hearted but well-written. I am really looking forward to returning to Anchor Island as soon as I can!
Jennifer Faye
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next book. :-)
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed for Read Your Writes Book Reviews
www.readyourwrites.blogspot.com

Meant to Be is Terri Osburn's first published novel. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the book. She doesn’t have the family or their friends being rich and glamorous . They’re real, middle-class people just trying to make a living and live good lives. The characters are all likeable or at least likeable once you get to know them. It's a book you're going to be glad is a part of a series because you’re going
Alex
At First Sight: Beth Chandler has made it her life's work to please other people: she became a lawyer to please her grandparents, lives in Richmond because it was close to them, agreed to marry to her boyfriend Lucas - even though he's a workaholic - to make him happy... and she found herself alone in the ferry, going to visit his family because he was called back to the office and sent her along.

At the ferry going to Anchor Island, and in the throws of a panic attack, for she does not like the
Silver Thistle {adores JAFF & TEOTWAWKI.  Oh, and accronyms :P}
I love a good small town romance lately and this one is really good. I liked it a lot. It's more of a 'small island' romance but it has all the hallmarks I've come to expect. This is the first in the Anchor Island series and it's so good.

It's very predictable, right from the first chapter it's clear what's in store but with these kind of romances that doesn't phase me, it's the journey rather than the destination that's important.

I loved the two main characters and their chemistry was believabl
  • The Sheik Retold
  • Love & Other Lies
  • A Hero to Come Home To (Tallgrass, #1)
  • Trapped By Desire
  • The Baron's Betrothal: An On-Again, Off-Again, On-Again Regency Romance (Horsemen of the Apocalypse #2)
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
  • Sultry with a Twist (Sultry Springs, #1)
  • Just for the Summer (Lake Bliss, #1)
  • Fighting for the Edge (Edge, #3)
  • Unforgiven (Walkers Ford, #1)
  • Ashes and Wine
  • Just In Time (Alaskan Nights, #3)
  • A Tale of Two Proms (Bard Academy, #4)
  • Beautiful Bad Man (Sutton Family, #1)
  • Sea of Love (Bayberry Island, #1)
  • Private Practice (Private Pleasures, #1)
  • Sweet Cowboy Christmas (Sweet, Texas, #3.5)
  • Her Favorite Rival (Mathews Sisters, #2)
Although born in the Ohio Valley, Terri Osburn found her true home between the covers of her favorite books. Classics like The Wizard of Oz and Little Women filled her childhood, and the genre of romance beckoned during her teen years. In 2007, she decided to put pen to paper and write her own. Just five years later, she was named a 2012 finalist for the Romance Writers of America® Golden Heart® A ...more

Anchor Island (4 books)
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
  • More to Give (Anchor Island, #4)
“Oh, sweet peaches and cream, this hurts.”

“Child, what have you done to your foot?”

Beth glanced down to see blood dripping from the side of her sandal. “Crap.”

“Honey, that’s blood. That calls for a shit or a damn or something stronger than crap.”
3 likes
“Sid slapped her hands on the bar. “Good Lord, woman, unclench your sphincter and have another drink.” 3 likes