Start by marking “Us (Him, #2)” as Want to Read:
Us (Him, #2)

Us

(Him #2)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  15,922 ratings  ·  2,185 reviews
Can your favorite hockey players finish their first season together undefeated?

Five months in, NHL forward Ryan Wesley is having a record-breaking rookie season. He’s living his dream of playing pro hockey and coming home every night to the man he loves—Jamie Canning, his longtime best friend turned boyfriend. There’s just one problem: the most important relationship of hi
Published March 8th 2016 by Rennie Road Books

To ask other readers questions about Us, please sign up.
Irisheyz77 From Sarina's Newsletter:
What's next for your favorite Toronto hockey players?
Sarina and Elle will be bringing you another full-length novel, in which…more
From Sarina's Newsletter:
What's next for your favorite Toronto hockey players?
Sarina and Elle will be bringing you another full-length novel, in which Blake Riley and Jess Canning are thrown together again. Bow wow wow.

**Spoiler removed**

We’re not quite ready to announce a publication date. Our busy publication schedules make these things tricky to plan. But we'll give more details as soon as we can!(less)

·  15,922 ratings  ·  2,185 reviews

Start your review of Us (Him, #2)
Judith
Mar 08, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** 3.5 Stars ***

Well,it's no secret that Him is one of my favourite M/M books, I even recommended it to my gay postman(I'm not joking). I was so excited to read this.I didn't know what to expect but more of Jamie and Wes,there was no way I wasn't reading this.
Unfortunately it ended up just being ok for a few reasons.

So it's eight months on and Jamie and Wes are living together.Their relationship is still secret with Wes wanting to wait until his rookie season is over before going public.Their w
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

**4/10/2017 - A little Wes & Jamie reread, via audiobook, before I jump into Good Boy later this month. The narrators are perfection!

-----------------------------------------------

***4.25 Stars***

Love is friendship set on fire.

Alright, I'm going to start this review with a confession....I was REALLY hesitant to read this book.

You see, I loved the ever loving crap out of the first book. And well, when I heard there was going to be a sequel....more Wes and Jamie, you say....it was a
Stacey is Sassy
It was a shaky start but finished strong.

I was kind of hesitant to start Us. I really enjoyed the first in the series Him which was surprising at the time as I’m not really into M/M books. For me, I normally put myself in the shoes of the main character which is a little hard to do when there are two heroes and no heroine. I can’t relate. It’s that simple.

In this case, I have to be a voyeur and observe…like watching a movie. When there was talk that a second book was coming, I couldn’t help but
Mysza
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“There's an old quote my mother once painted on a ceramic platter. Love is friendship set on fire. I get it now.”
I loved the continuation of Wes and Jamie's story as much as the first book. We get to see them learning how to be a couple in this one and though you feel the love, their relationship is not always hearts and flowers.

Five months into it and - Wes's hectic schedule as a rookie in NHL, Jamie's new coaching job, them hiding their relationship and additionally not having too
Gigi
I was so excited to hear that Elle Kennedy and Sarina Bowen were giving Wes and Jaime a sequel! Him was a 5 star book for me, has a 4.36 average rating on GoodReads with over 7k ratings, a 4.8 average rating on Amazon.com with over 400 reviewers and came in at #3 for our Reader's Choice Awards for 2015. It's just an absolutely outstanding story. And it's also a pretty tough act to follow.

We enter the sequel 6 months after the end of Him. Jaime is coaching a hockey team of promising teens and Wes
Exina

Us is a sequel to one of my favorite romances, Him.

The story starts a couple of months after Him ends. Wes and Jamie live together now; Wes dream has come true: he is having a terrific rookie season at NHL, and he is also having the man’s heart he loved in his whole life. But his happiness is not spotless. Wes doesn’t believe he can have both the most important things in his life at the same time. In fear of coming out would damage his career, Wes and Jamie decide to keep their relation
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-f-f-reads
4.5 STARS

[image error]

This is the continuation of Jamie Canning and Ryan Wesley’s love story and is the sequel to Him. The authors did a terrific job showing the two living together, while struggling with keeping their relationship under wraps just for Wes’ rookie season with the pros. Jamie had decided to not pursue a professional hockey career but is working with a local teenage team.

”I promised Wes I’d keep up appearances at least until the end of his rookie season. Coming out now would o
.Lili.
Nov 11, 2015 rated it liked it

Oh, dear... I had high expectations for this book after thoroughly enjoying the first one, but this one fell flat for me for multiple reasons.

So book two starts shortly after the end of the first one. Jamie is coaching, and Wes is having a fantastic rookie season. All should be great except they have to hide their relationship. To make matters worse Wes's teammate moves into their apartment building and he has no qualms about stopping over at any time uninvited.

Why this didn't work for me:

1. Bl
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars

photo mm2.png

Us is the highly anticipated sequel to the book Him by two of my favorite authors. After two childhood friends reconnected and fell in love, Wes and Jamie are living together in Canada pursuing their dreams. Wes is playing for an NHL team and Jamie is coaching a youth hockey team. Wes’s schedule is rough on them both, he’s constantly traveling at away games and Jamie is often left behind due to his own job commitments.

On top of the crazy schedule, Wes and Jamie aren’t really “out”
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Nov 11, 2015 marked it as to-read
Sequel of "Him" Coming 2016!!! --->>>OMG...I CAN'T WAIT!!

S.M. West
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, mm
4.5 Wes & Jamie STARS

“Love is friendship set on fire.”

I fell hard for both Wes and Jamie in Him and anxiously awaited this release. I'll start off be saying this one is completely different from the first book. And you know what? That’s one of the things I really liked about this. I totally thought that it should be.

Us is about the relationship phase. It made sense to me for these two to have to learn to navigate being a couple like all couples do but then they also had the added pressures of W
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Goddamn, I'm now binge listening to SB!

These narrators are so good! They bring heat, feels and have oodles of chemistry to Wesmie.

Love is like friendship set on fire.

Blakey is still amazing as are the Cannings. Every scene between Wes and Cindy just killed me, especially when he calls her the mother he wished he had. I'm so so glad he has her and the Canning family now who have embraced him as part of their family.

The romance is the stuff of watery knee syndrome and, yet again, I felt more c
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

An angsty sequel to one of my favorite books, Us packs an emotional punch.

I listened to the audio for Us during the Covid-19 crisis, and I would highly recommend waiting until this time period is over before starting this one. Let's just say that the story hit a bit too close to home...

Theses narrators alone make the story worth listening to. They are my dream-team, and I'd listen to them narrate just about anything. They elevated the story and made the angst bearable.

Though this couple gets
Wendy
Ever since I found out that there was gonna be a second book in this series, I have wanted to read this one. It has been on my tbr list since the moment it was released. I chickened out on reading it when it was published though...

jaydenkiss GIF

The first book about these two made me so freaking happy and I was scared that this happiness I was feeling was gonna be screwed with, in this book. My worries only became worse after reading some reviews.

I finally found my "big girl" panties though and jumped in. Turn
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'US' Stars!

After finishing Him yesterday I wasn't sure how Sarina and Elle would extent this story but I am happy to say I really enjoyed it! Jamie and Wes have such an amazing relationship and this does not change in the sequel. However, it does get difficult for them and I found Us even more emotional than Him.

I don’t know how to make things better. I love this guy, I really do. But I didn’t anticipate how hard this would be.

Him remains my favorite of the two books because even though I
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
Re-read 16/5/2019 - Audio

I am upping my original rating to 5 Stars, because Jamie and Wes are so worth it and the audio is so good! ❤❤

****************

Original review 2018 - 4 Stars

More Jamie and Wes? Yes please.............

photo Jamieandwes_zpsqbcfkuid.gif
P
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
“It’s us. And it’s perfect.”

I enjoyed Us a lot and had to take a break from my work to finish this book eventually. Anyway, Us is still as good as Him but it has different vibes. While Him is full of dramatic and gut-wrenching scenes, Us is plagued by self-doubt of the characters. After Jamie kinda came out as a bisexual guy in the last book, his life seems perfect for he's living with his hot bf, Wes, a rookie and hot star for this season.

But life isn't always simple. Living together means
Kathleen
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Quickie Review
Story Rating ~ 5 Stars
Hero Ratings ~ Both, 5 Stars
Romance Rating ~ 5 Stars
Heat Level ~ 5 SCORCHING Stars!
Ending ~ 4 Stars
Overall Rating ~ 5, I love them both stars!

For me, US was an AMAZING read. These two are just so perfect together, they absolutely SCORCHED my Kindle! I could REALLY FEEL the feelings they had for each other, such a lovely story.

The ending was a good one, I was smiling and enjoying it, so why the 4 stars? Because it ended when I thought there would be more.
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mmm you guys were so yummy... Thanks for the hot minutes. :)

Simone
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***4 solid stars*** for one of the cutest couples ever!

Okay, Wes and Jamie are a bit young - sometimes too young - and hormone-driven for me, then redouble the teen drama from Him and you'll get the idea why this book and I did not get off to a good start, but somehow during the story I ended up loving it more than the first book. Yeah, don't ask... Blame it on my inner angst-junkie again, but if you would have been next to me while listening to the audiobook you would have seen me swoon
Aine (Lianne)✨
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, mm, 2020-top-reads
"Love is friendship set on fire"

My God, I love Jamie and Wes and I NEED more of them.
Shile
5 stars for the Audiobook

4 stars for the story

Wes and Jamie are the sweetest, cutest couple ever.

description

-The story is sweet and frustrating at the same time.

-I wanted to smack Wes and Jamie for being so-so-so stubborn.

- At first i was not sure about Blake but he kinda grew on me.

- The sex was sooooo hot.

Overall, I enjoyed listening to this, it was not as good as Him but still kept me interested.
* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 3.75 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'But I chose happiness over other people’s skewed opinions and cruel judgments. I chose Wes.
But now I have to hide that choice. I have to pretend that Ryan Wesley isn’t my soulmate.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This book starts pretty much where Him left off. Wes got signed to a Canadian Hockey team, so being a rookie, he wants to make a name for himself based on his skills. He wants to steer cle
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Good god, it's something to read a hot as hell book about a guy and girl, but a hot as hell book of m/m is fricken hotttttttt. Especially when its packed full of angst and it centers on two sinfully sexy hockey players. I loved this book, so glad to see how the story of Ryan Wesley & Jamie Canning ended. I'm stoked that we are getting more from these two authors with a spinoff series of more hockey players. Yummmmmmmmy!!!

photo 4D94CBF7-AC56-4B98-AF81-D98EA4C70A9E_zpsb4e1bvra.gif
* A Reader Obsessed *
I know there are readers out there who are hesitant to read this.

Are you totally justified? Is there angst?? Yes.
Is some of it unnecessary? Probably.
Did it go on for too long? Maybe.

Regardless, the angst is plausible and realistic. So just brace yourself for the most absurd, man-child of a teammate Blake, who takes cockblocking to a whole new level of unbelievable proportions. Be prepared for a crazy, media frenzy that hardly lets Jamie and Ryan breathe. And know that you'll be driven bonkers b
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
BRING IT HOME TO MAMA BLAKEYYYYYYYY!

The hits just keep on coming from Sarina Bowen!
(Not to shortchange Elle Kennedy or anything. I've just read a big ole, gluttonous chunk of SB's backlist is all.)

I was skeptical, I admit it but I shoulda known SB wouldn't let me down. I recently read an in the closet hockey book that was good but not great and was a wee bit wary to hit that pool again. The dynamics were much better in this one and... it prolly makes me a shitty person to say this, but I reall
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Second re-read: 19.08.2019
This book has much more depth than the first book. It's so interesting to see Jamie journey from such a happy, laid back man, to angry and then depressed. I know how depressed feels like and so I could easily relate to him. I also love seeing how much Wes and Jamie loves each other. I wish we had gotten another book in this series. Two is never enough. That being said, I'm going up and down with the ratings each time I read it...
New Rating - 3.5 stars.

⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*I st
Elsbeth
Re-read July 17th 2017

*4.5 stars*

Loved Wes even more in this. Gosh, he's so awesome!!!

He wears the same cocky smile I’ve always seen on his face. But now I know how much pain it hides. It was right there the whole time, too. But I didn’t understand, because my man is really good at appearing confident

*********************************************

I didn’t enjoy this as much as Him

I realize after Wes and Jamie got their HFN, real life struck. So just for the sake of Wes, I’ll forgive the bo
Jaela
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It doesn't happen often to me to like a sequel more than the first book in a series. I mean, I usually like more the first, because there is where all the introductions are, world building and everything.

This wasn't the case, though. I loved this book!

Ryan and Jamie have been living together for some months now, but they have to keep their relationship hidden, because it would ruin Ryan's career if everyone learned that he was gay. Their living becomes more difficult after one of Ryan's teammate
Nicola
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

After finishing Him, I didn't necessarily think Wes and Jamie's journey needed more, but I'm glad we've been given it because I actually enjoyed Us more.

description

And that's down to the extra conflict and drama that keeping their relationship in the closet causes, and realistically so. My heart ached for both these men; for Jamie who is still accepting his bisexuality, dealing with a new job in a new city away from his family, and for Wes who is doing all he can to support him. Whilst all they
Play Book Tag: Us by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy - 4 stars 1 17 Oct 25, 2018 11:10PM
Turning Pages At ...: Us (Him #2) by Sarina Bowen 61 50 May 18, 2016 11:30AM
Lectura conjunta 08/03/2016 by Santiñolas (No nos mires, únete)) 101 23 Mar 12, 2016 04:05AM
Cover and iBooks excerpt! 1 29 Jan 29, 2016 06:02AM

• Goodbye Paradise (Hello Goodbye, #1)
  • Hello Forever (Hello Goodbye, #2)
  • Heated Rivalry (Game Changers, #2)
  • Fake Out (Fake Boyfriend, #1)
  • Try (Temptation, #1)
  • Crossroads (Crossroads, #1)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • Wicked Lies Boys Tell
  • Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)
  • Collide (Blackcreek, #1)
  • Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
  • Take (Temptation, #2)
  • #Junkie (GearShark, #1)
  • Want Me (Extracurricular Activities #1)
  • Trust (Temptation, #3)
  • Final Play (Fake Boyfriend #6)
  • Virgin Flyer
sarina bowen
Sarina Bowen is the USA Today bestselling author of 30+ books, including: the True North series, and the Brooklyn Bruisers. She's the co-author of Him/Us and the WAGs series with Elle Kennedy. She's the author of The Ivy Years series, and more!
Are you looking for a friends-to-lovers story or maybe even a secret baby book? You can read a list of Sarina's books broken out by trope and style.
Need