Start by marking “Us (Him, #2)” as Want to Read:
Us (Him, #2)

Us

(Him #2)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  12,043 ratings  ·  1,742 reviews
Can your favorite hockey players finish their first season together undefeated?

Five months in, NHL forward Ryan Wesley is having a record-breaking rookie season. He’s living his dream of playing pro hockey and coming home every night to the man he loves—Jamie Canning, his longtime best friend turned boyfriend. There’s just one problem: the most important relationship of hi
Published March 8th 2016 by Rennie Road Books

To ask other readers questions about Us, please sign up.
Irisheyz77 From Sarina's Newsletter:
What's next for your favorite Toronto hockey players?
Sarina and Elle will be bringing you another full-length novel, in which…more
From Sarina's Newsletter:
What's next for your favorite Toronto hockey players?
Sarina and Elle will be bringing you another full-length novel, in which Blake Riley and Jess Canning are thrown together again. Bow wow wow.

**Spoiler removed**

We’re not quite ready to announce a publication date. Our busy publication schedules make these things tricky to plan. But we'll give more details as soon as we can!(less)
Cinna_moon hi, hope you havent read this one but try Winging it by Ashlyn Kane and Morgan James! i loved it :)

·  12,043 ratings  ·  1,742 reviews

Judith
Mar 08, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** 3.5 Stars ***

Well,it's no secret that Him is one of my favourite M/M books, I even recommended it to my gay postman(I'm not joking). I was so excited to read this.I didn't know what to expect but more of Jamie and Wes,there was no way I wasn't reading this.
Unfortunately it ended up just being ok for a few reasons.

So it's eight months on and Jamie and Wes are living together.Their relationship is still secret with Wes wanting to wait until his rookie season is over before going public.Their w
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

**4/10/2017 - A little Wes & Jamie reread, via audiobook, before I jump into Good Boy later this month. The narrators are perfection!

-----------------------------------------------

***4.25 Stars***

Love is friendship set on fire.

Alright, I'm going to start this review with a confession....I was REALLY hesitant to read this book.

You see, I loved the ever loving crap out of the first book. And well, when I heard there was going to be a sequel....more Wes and Jamie, you say....it was a who
Stacey is Sassy
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steamy, cont-sports, m-m
It was a shaky start but finished strong.

I was kind of hesitant to start Us. I really enjoyed the first in the series Him which was surprising at the time as I’m not really into M/M books. For me, I normally put myself in the shoes of the main character which is a little hard to do when there are two heroes and no heroine. I can’t relate. It’s that simple. In this case, I have to be a voyeur and observe…like watching a movie. When there was talk that a second book was coming, I couldn’t help but
Gigi
I was so excited to hear that Elle Kennedy and Sarina Bowen were giving Wes and Jaime a sequel! Him was a 5 star book for me, has a 4.36 average rating on GoodReads with over 7k ratings, a 4.8 average rating on Amazon.com with over 400 reviewers and came in at #3 for our Reader's Choice Awards for 2015. It's just an absolutely outstanding story. And it's also a pretty tough act to follow.

We enter the sequel 6 months after the end of Him. Jaime is coaching a hockey team of promising teens and Wes
Exina

Us is a sequel to one of my favorite romances, Him.

The story starts a couple of months after Him ends. Wes and Jamie live together now; Wes dream has come true: he is having a terrific rookie season at NHL, and he is also having the man’s heart he loved in his whole life. But his happiness is not spotless. Wes doesn’t believe he can have both the most important things in his life at the same time. In fear of coming out would damage his career, Wes and Jamie decide to keep their relation
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-f-f-reads
4.5 STARS

description

This is the continuation of Jamie Canning and Ryan Wesley’s love story and is the sequel to Him. The authors did a terrific job showing the two living together, while struggling with keeping their relationship under wraps just for Wes’ rookie season with the pros. Jamie had decided to not pursue a professional hockey career but is working with a local teenage team.

”I promised Wes I’d keep up appearances at least until the end of his rookie season. Coming out now would only hurt his ca
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars

photo mm2.png

Us is the highly anticipated sequel to the book Him by two of my favorite authors. After two childhood friends reconnected and fell in love, Wes and Jamie are living together in Canada pursuing their dreams. Wes is playing for an NHL team and Jamie is coaching a youth hockey team. Wes’s schedule is rough on them both, he’s constantly traveling at away games and Jamie is often left behind due to his own job commitments.

On top of the crazy schedule, Wes and Jamie aren’t really “out” yet
Parvathy
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

4.5 ' Us ' Stars

Us takes off from where Him concluded and we see Wes and Jamie being settled in the apartment they share and navigating their new relationship along with their careers and the ever mounting pressure of keeping their relationship hidden. The book is an honest, angst filled and emotional portrayal of what happens after two people get into a relationship and how they grow and strengthen their bond amidst the circumstances they have to face.

Wes and Jamie have grown as individu
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'US' Stars!

After finishing Him yesterday I wasn't sure how Sarina and Elle would extent this story but I am happy to say I really enjoyed it! Jamie and Wes have such an amazing relationship and this does not change in the sequel. However, it does get difficult for them and I found Us even more emotional than Him.

I don’t know how to make things better. I love this guy, I really do. But I didn’t anticipate how hard this would be.

Him remains my favorite of the two books because even though I r
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
Re-read 16/5/2019 - Audio

I am upping my original rating to 5 Stars, because Jamie and Wes are so worth it and the audio is so good! ❤❤

****************

Original review 2018 - 4 Stars

More Jamie and Wes? Yes please.............

photo Jamieandwes_zpsqbcfkuid.gif
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Goddamn, I'm now binge listening to SB!

These narrators are so good! They bring heat, feels and have oodles of chemistry to Wesmie.

Love is like friendship set on fire.

Blakey is still amazing as are the Cannings. Every scene between Wes and Cindy just killed me, especially when he calls her the mother he wished he had. I'm so so glad he has her and the Canning family now who have embraced him as part of their family.

The romance is the stuff of watery knee syndrome and, yet again, I felt more con
P
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
“It’s us. And it’s perfect.”

I enjoyed Us a lot and had to take a break from my work to finish this book eventually. Anyway, Us is still as good as Him but it has different vibes. While Him is full of dramatic and gut-wrenching scenes, Us is plagued by self-doubt of the characters. After Jamie kinda came out as a bisexual guy in the last book, his life seems perfect for he's living with his hot bf, Wes, a rookie and hot star for this season.

But life isn't always simple. Living together means s
Kathleen
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Quickie Review
Story Rating ~ 5 Stars
Hero Ratings ~ Both, 5 Stars
Romance Rating ~ 5 Stars
Heat Level ~ 5 SCORCHING Stars!
Ending ~ 4 Stars
Overall Rating ~ 5, I love them both stars!

For me, US was an AMAZING read. These two are just so perfect together, they absolutely SCORCHED my Kindle! I could REALLY FEEL the feelings they had for each other, such a lovely story.

The ending was a good one, I was smiling and enjoying it, so why the 4 stars? Because it ended when I thought there would be more. I
Simone
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***4 solid stars*** for one of the cutest couples ever!

Okay, Wes and Jamie are a bit young - sometimes too young - and hormone-driven for me, then redouble the teen drama from Him and you'll get the idea why this book and I did not get off to a good start, but somehow during the story I ended up loving it more than the first book. Yeah, don't ask... Blame it on my inner angst-junkie again, but if you would have been next to me while listening to the audiobook you would have seen me swooning,
Shile
5 stars for the Audiobook

4 stars for the story

Wes and Jamie are the sweetest, cutest couple ever.

description

-The story is sweet and frustrating at the same time.

-I wanted to smack Wes and Jamie for being so-so-so stubborn.

- At first i was not sure about Blake but he kinda grew on me.

- The sex was sooooo hot.

Overall, I enjoyed listening to this, it was not as good as Him but still kept me interested.
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Good god, it's something to read a hot as hell book about a guy and girl, but a hot as hell book of m/m is fricken hotttttttt. Especially when its packed full of angst and it centers on two sinfully sexy hockey players. I loved this book, so glad to see how the story of Ryan Wesley & Jamie Canning ended. I'm stoked that we are getting more from these two authors with a spinoff series of more hockey players. Yummmmmmmmy!!!

photo 4D94CBF7-AC56-4B98-AF81-D98EA4C70A9E_zpsb4e1bvra.gif
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*I still want more*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Re-read: 13.02.2018
I so wish we had gotten more. This book is so sad, yet adorable and I want more.
New Rating - 3 stars.
I have never felt as raw as I feel right now. I’ve just discovered that falling in love has a dark side. When you’re mad at the love of your life, it’s impossible to feel joy.

Re-read: 29.08.2017
My heart still feels for Jamie. Depression is a fucker. Poor Wes though, it can't be easy feeling so helpless. The story is still interesting, I
♔ Jaela ♊ Killer ⚔ QUEEN
It doesn't happen often to me to like a sequel more than the first book in a series. I mean, I usually like more the first, because there is where all the introductions are, world building and everything.

This wasn't the case, though. I loved this book!

Ryan and Jamie have been living together for some months now, but they have to keep their relationship hidden, because it would ruin Ryan's career if everyone learned that he was gay. Their living becomes more difficult after one of Ryan's teammate
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
BRING IT HOME TO MAMA BLAKEYYYYYYYY!

The hits just keep on coming from Sarina Bowen!
(Not to shortchange Elle Kennedy or anything. I've just read a big ole, gluttonous chunk of SB's backlist is all.)

I was skeptical, I admit it but I shoulda known SB wouldn't let me down. I recently read an in the closet hockey book that was good but not great and was a wee bit wary to hit that pool again. The dynamics were much better in this one and... it prolly makes me a shitty person to say this, but I reall
* A Reader Obsessed *
I know there are readers out there who are hesitant to read this.

Are you totally justified? Is there angst?? Yes.
Is some of it unnecessary? Probably.
Did it go on for too long? Maybe.

Regardless, the angst is plausible and realistic. So just brace yourself for the most absurd, man-child of a teammate Blake, who takes cockblocking to a whole new level of unbelievable proportions. Be prepared for a crazy, media frenzy that hardly lets Jamie and Ryan breathe. And know that you'll be driven bonkers b
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing

4.5 Stars

‘Love is friendship set on fire. I get it now.’

Well didn’t it feel absolutely brilliant to be back with Jamie and Ryan!!! We loved every single minute of this follow up story to a couple who stole our hearts in Him. Reading it in one sitting we revelled in their relationship struggle, their friendships, their love and of course their passion. Both traveling a road of self-realisation as they adjusted to a life together fraught with obstacles.

‘I’m not usually one to wallow in the injust
Karla
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

Loved this book much more than book one I don't know, I just enjoyed seeing Wes/Jamie already settle into being together. Sharing a place and both doing what they love with Wes playing hockey and Jamie coaching.

description

I enjoyed the angst these two put me through definitely had my emotions all over the place. The bumps they both faced had me a bit worried but I knew they would pull through. Yes! there were times where I wanted to shake some sense into them, I think Jamie a little more. But e
BWT (Belen)
Updated for audiobook 06/19/2017:

I've had the audio for this for a while, but haven't listened because 1. I was sort of disappointed in the story (my fault - see review below) and 2. I am not a big fan of dual narration and getting multiple narrator character voices for the same character.

However, I had bought this and it was sitting in my audio library mocking me, and I didn't have anything else to listen to that was grabbing my attention so I thought, "Why not?"

And...I'm glad I did because I r
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
FANFREAKINTASTIC!!!!!! Five made out of purple skittles stars!!

If you where a fan of Him (book #1) you will be absolutely blown away with Us (book#2)! Us has sexy, funny, well-written dialogue, and some of the most real life honesty that comes with forming a new life together.

Ryan and Jamie have a plan: make it through the first rookie season without anyone finding out Ryan is gay and that being roommates is not the proper description of their relationship. At the culmination of book one, this d
Kindle Alexander
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the best MM romances out there. Both these books are go to books when I get in a book funk. Excellent story.
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐DNF RATING / 2 STARS⭐⭐
DNF at 80%

***Some mild spoilers, you've been warned.***
Let me start by saying that I absolutely adored the first book, "HIM". So much, that I had to be greedy and wanted to read more of Wes and Jamie.
First error on my part. If a great book ends on a HEA with a hint that all will be good for the characters in the future, I should not wish for more. Of course there are exceptions to the rule, but rare are the authors getting away with it.

My main concern reading "Us" was
Carmen Rae
Us was a lot more emotional than I was expecting after reading Him. Which I suppose was pretty stupid of me now that I have gone back and read the blurb. But then I expect nothing but amazing from these amazing authors and this book certainly was that.

I spent so much time in tears but they weren’t huge ugly tears they were just caused because I felt like I was so intimately acquainted with these characters that I felt every nuance of their pain. I think the fact that I picked up Us straight af
Michelle
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the second book in the Him Series, we revisit Ryan and Jamie as they try to maneuver their new relationship, Ryan’s new career, living in a new city and hiding their relationship.

I think what I loved most about this story was that the drama focused on their lives and the situation and not too much was tossed in for effect. There weren’t these huge outside elements that were put in as obstacles in their way. It was just life and the things they had to overcome.

I loved the first book. I loved
Jeannine Allison
When I found out that there was going to be a sequel to Him—one of my favorite books ever—I was freaking ECSTATIC!

description

And this one delivered in many similar ways, there were still sweet and light moments mixed in with the angsty and heartbreaking ones. The sex was just as steamy and overall it was such a pleasure to read.

That being said, there were a few things that didn't work for me.

description

Jamie. *sigh* I didn't like him all that much in this book. And this might sound weird, but it wasn't because of who
Play Book Tag: Us by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy - 4 stars 1 13 Oct 25, 2018 11:10PM
Turning Pages At ...: Us (Him #2) by Sarina Bowen 62 47 May 18, 2016 11:30AM
Lectura conjunta 08/03/2016 by Santiñolas (No nos mires, únete)) 101 23 Mar 12, 2016 04:05AM
Cover and iBooks excerpt! 1 28 Jan 29, 2016 06:02AM

• Save of the Game (Scoring Chances, #2)
  • Winging It
  • Sunset Park (Five Boroughs, #2)
  • Out of Nowhere (Middle of Somewhere, #2)
  • Tigerland (Tigers and Devils, #2)
  • Strong Side (Eastshore Tigers, #1)
  • Out in the Field
  • Playing to Win (Glasgow Lads, #2)
  • Focus on Me (In Focus #2)
  • Pull Me Under
  • Fever Pitch (Love Lessons, #2)
  • Kage Unleashed (Kage Trilogy, #2)
  • The Last Day Of Summer
  • A Way Home (Gay Amish Romance #3)
  • Crossroads (Crossroads, #1)
  • The Locker Room
Sarina Bowen is the USA Today bestselling author of 30 books, including: the True North series, co-author of Him/Us and the WAGs series with Elle Kennedy, The Ivy Years series and the Brooklyn Bruisers. And more!
Are you looking for a friends-to-lovers story or maybe even a secret baby book? You can read a list of Sarina's books broken out by trope and style.
Need to know what's coming next ? Get

Him (2 books)
  • Him (Him, #1)
“Love is friendship set in fire.” 36 likes
“Did he open the wrong... “Probably shouldna opened all those drawers,” Blake carries on, rubbing his chin. “Ya can’t unsee some of those toys. But everybody has to have his own kinda fun.” 16 likes