Start by marking “Die For You (Catastrophe, #1)” as Want to Read:
Die For You (Catastrophe, #1)

Die For You

(Catastrophe #1)

Love, in a hopeless place.

Two months after a virus took out civilization, Rachel Donnelly is the last living soul in California, as far as she can tell. Until she runs into a Marine sniper, battle-hardened but alive and healthy.

Adam Sanchez would love nothing more than a slamming session of I-can’t-believe-we’re-alive post-apocalyptic sex in the back of his Hummer. But Rac
ebook
Published May 3rd 2016 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Die For You, please sign up.
Michele Mills Sorry I didn't see this until now! Rachel is nineteen when the book starts and twenty when it ends.
Michele Mills So sorry, but it's not a complete m/f/m story. In the end there's an m/f HEA and the third person in that menage moves on in the second book to find h…moreSo sorry, but it's not a complete m/f/m story. In the end there's an m/f HEA and the third person in that menage moves on in the second book to find his own m/f HEA. Hope this isn't disappointing for you- I know you love menage stories (I do too!). (less)

Start your review of Die For You (Catastrophe, #1)
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews

Sigh. That blurb got me all excited. A post apocalyptic setting with a hard, grumpy ex-marine. FUCK YES!

The blurb is the best part of this book. The heroine is an immature, whiny arse little bitch. Hello! Everyone is dead and she's moaning she can't have a 30 minute shower with hot water, or that she'll never use her mobile again. Never mind that she watched her family die along with the rest of the world. And the first man that comes along she's swooning all over the dead bodies. He is SO HOT.
Celestine
Mediocre post-apocalyptic book where almost everyone is gone after a virus outbreak. Whiny, immature girl hooks up with alpha soldier with a dominant streak. But for some reason I liked these two all right, and both change for the better. More survivors are encountered, good and evil. Too many sex scenes tie together a miniscule plot, but I liked the touches like hitting up a university library for the 4-1-1. Not the worst I have read in this genre, and not the best. For some reason, though, I n ...more
✿kawehi.reviews
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

Oooohh! I really hope that we will see more happy endings for the rest of the men in this series.

Not saying that this book ends depressingly or anything. It ends on a hopeful tone with endless of possibilities to come..

After a strain of Ryuigi Ebola devastates humanity's entire population, only a few survivors who are immune or have managed to fight off the virus, remain.

With more men to women to count, Rachel find
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
May 04, 2016 rated it did not like it

DNF

I don't mind insta love if there is somewhat of an explanation, but this was ridiculous. I think the H dropped his man card in the field the moment they met, and he never found it again. She is the "student" virgin type, whining and fantasising about H (Who looks like Benjamin Bratt and Schwarzenegger) and he has nothing but sex on his mind.....can you imagine those two idiots actually surviving apocalypse
SheLove2Read
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
This could have been a great story except for the monumentally TSTL heroine. She completely ruined the book for me. 1.5 stars
 ♡♡~Cyborg-Scifi-Lover~♡♡
When I saw this one on Samhain Publishing website and
read the blurb I knew I had to buy it.
This is just my kind of book I love to read.
And I am glad I did. Love it from beginning till the end!

(view spoiler)
Kelly
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Man, I like scenarios where plucky survivors are trying to figure things out without the creature comforts they're accustomed to and with danger looming on the horizon. To say this series fits the bill would be a mild understatement. It has all the glorious post-apocalytpic shenanigans I want with a side order of pending nuclear meltdown (possibly).

That said, yes, Rachel is often immature and does things without thinking through to the consequences. But it's what I'd expect from a college-aged y
Emily (Mrs B's Books)

In some ways this book reminds me of a book called The End of All Things by Lissa Bryan as it runs is a similar via and both are brilliantly written books that really draw you into the world left behind with only a handful of survivors.

The book starts off with Rachel, home alone after her family have died and wondering what she should do next. Then the book goes to Adam and continues in this vein so that we get bot
Irunía
Like a stupid girl I didn't look at the warning... guh!!! I was too excited by the apocalyptic setting.

The book is very sex focused (which I didn't like and which is weird af) and includes threesome🤢. My bad I did not pay attention to the warning😤
Eva Millien
Apr 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Die For You (Catastrophe #1) by Michele Mills As far as she can tell, Rachel Donnelly is the last living soul in California until she runs into a battle-hardened Marine sniper that is not only alive but very healthy indeed in this sizzling and thrilling post-apocalyptic romance.

Michelle Claypot_Reads
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it

Enjoyed this new series starter. Came up in my recommendations after a recent post apocalyptic world reading binge. Enjoyed the characters and the dynamics of this new world they’re building. Will check out more from the series
Eva Millien
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

While Adam would love nothing more than getting very intimate with Rachel in the back of the hummer, her fragility and inexperience hold him back and readers can’t help but get caught up in the unfolding drama as Rachel and Adam band together to survive. The chemist
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
WOWZA! What a fantastic post-apocalyptic romance that is stunning, passionate, sexy, defiant, and with some super HOT guys that will make you glad to be the last woman on earth! I have been looking for good post-apocalyptic romances since Kylie Scott's Flesh series and I only found less then a handful since. I can now add Michele Mills to my list with her catastrophe series. This book happens to be the first book in this series so its a pleasure to have read and now, reviewing this first book.

Th
phoebess
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Damn, there were so many things I loved about Die For You but there were also many things that made me roll my eyes until it hurt.
I honestly couldn't imagine how it was possible Rachel managed to survive alone in that post-apocalyptic situation for sixty-two days. Really, she was so immature and incapable of facing the reality, it was almost hilarious.
What I loved the most was the awkwardness and palpable tension among all characters. Whether it was written like that intentionally or not, it fel
Summer
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this post apocalyptic book! The plot was different from the same old zombie books I've read recently. Pretty much everyone is killed off by a virus, like on the show Last Man on Earth. Instead of the threat being flesh eating zombies, gangs of hostile humans are what to watch out for after society falls. Throw in a hot romance and a small group of survivors and you've got an enjoyable read. Not as much action as I usually expect from the PA genre.
Georgina Parkin
May 04, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Angala Fox
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. This was an awesome first book of a new apocalyptic series featuring an alpha male and a seemingly innocent woman. I loved how the author threw them together an made them work together to overcome different obstacles. Definitely a great book.
Kelly Goode
I really liked the first half of this book, but admit to skimming the second half. The characters were well written and it was interesting to read how they struggled against the backdrop of the virus-ridden world where few survivors exist. It's a solid start to a series if you like the "kink" involved. Won't say too much about that as don't want to give anything away, but it wasn't for me.
Rachel
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
Ok....I....oh boy.....OK.

I liked this, but there were a lot of parts that I didn't.

Let's start with characters.

Hated Rachel. Usually I'm biased because we share the same namesake, but I hated her. So. Freaking. Much. All she did was bitch and complain about the ending and all this shit. She kept saying that she was going to do better and be better...but she never was. Also, I understand that you hate your body, but damn girl! The world just ended and you are still self-conscious about that? Ther
Megan
Jul 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: tumultuous, sexy, arc
I thought this would be much more gritty and dire but it was more just a tumultuous romance novel. Not to say it was bad, it wasn't, I just went in with certain expectations that were different than the reality.

So we have a young girl that deals with tragedy and is quite naive at the same time as being incredibly adaptable and has an inner strength that gets her through all the crazy. Points for her. Then there's the bad boy military guy who has trouble accepting the box he tries putting her in.
Casee
It’s the end of the world. Almost. After a virus swept the globe and killed billions, there are only a few survivors. Survivors whom are immune to the disease. No one knows why. It’s the wild west out there and no one is safe.

Rachel Donnelly watched her entire family die of the virus. She doesn’t know why she is immune. What she does know is that she may be the last person that is alive in California. When she decides she can’t stay at her home anymore, she heads for the freeway. Which was not t
Veronica
Apr 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Rachel and Adam have both survived a plague that has killed most of the planet's population. Both searching for signs of other human life, they meet on a freeway. I was surprised that in their first meeting each of them was thinking about how hot the other was. Particularly Adam who was clearly looking forward to getting Rachel into bed.

The prominence of the romance and sexual relationship of our characters initially surpri
Bubbles The Book Pimp
First read by author first in series...

I loved the blurb and idea for this book. Such a great concept.

I really enjoyed the originality of the story and the build up between Rachel and and..and as much as I’ve read ménage and m/f/m books in the past... I will admit I did deflate when I realised it was gonna go that way between Adam, Rachel and Trevor...I’m a stickler I don’t like when my genres cross and I hadn’t expected it in this book...BUT I was pleasantly surprised with the way it was dealt
Cindys
Aug 18, 2016 rated it did not like it
I got half way through before giving up. I think if the timing was a year or two after the death of most of humanity I could have dealt with some of the story line but I would think neither of these characters would exist after the first year. The guy, yes because he knows weapons, the girl wouldn't survive. The story felt too light for an 'end of the world as you know it' story line. The girl doesn't do guns -well you better learn fast! I just couldn't finish the story.
Cc
Jul 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku, 2019, ebook
Rachel and Adam

Turns out they’re not the last two people left on earth but there are only a few left after a virus wipes out 99.9% of the population.

They leave San Diego in search of others and a safe place to survive.

Rachel was only 19 when everyone she knew and loved died, she acted more like 12. Adam forced her to grow up and be the self-reliant woman she was by the end of the story.
Tiffany S
Post apocalyptic
Age gap
Forced proximity
Survival

All things I love, but just not a whole lot of chemistry between the characters for me to really get into it. I was expecting more kink too, since the hero likes to be a cuck. There was only one mfm scene though

Overall an interesting idea and story that I did want to finish. A lot of telling and no showing
S
Apr 04, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Umm

So Adam and Rachel meet two other men on their journey. One is an Armenian man. The other is annex con with a Swastika tattoo on his neck. Rachel is very trusting of this man immediately. Adam eventually shares her with this Aryan gang member. He goes on to become the hero of the next book. I don't like that.
Varied Books
May 27, 2016 marked it as undecided
Wait for price drop.

(view spoiler)
V.B. Law
Possessive alpha male post-apocalyptic romance with a ménage kink

A strain of Ebola has just killed 99.99% of the world’s population. Rachel is somehow immune. As soon as she leaves her home in San Diego, she runs into Adam, a Hispanic former marine. Adam is much older and has a kink – he likes to share his woman with other men in ménage situations he controls completely. Rachel is a virgin, and Adam tries to stay hands off, but he’s only human.

It was good, but I’m not fangirling. I’m curious abo
Kat Lebo
Apr 01, 2020 rated it liked it
𝑫𝒊𝒆 𝑭𝒐𝒓 𝒀𝒐𝒖, Catastrophe #1
by Michele Mills

Mills has crafted what is advertised as a steamy romance set in a post-apocalyptic world. And that's pretty much what it is. Neither romance nor post-apocalyptic are genres I usually enjoy, but this one was recommended by a friend, so I gave it a try. The fact that I'm not a fan of either genre certainly did color my opinion on the book, so if you enjoy soft erotica in either genre, you may like it much more than I did.

Mills writes very good descriptio
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Afterglow
  • Fire in His Chaos (Fireblood Dragons, #8)
  • Barbarian's Treasure (Ice Planet Barbarians #18)
  • When She Purrs (Risdaverse #3)
  • Broken Earth (Argurma Salvager, #1)
  • Ice Planet Honeymoon: Aehako & Kira (Ice Planet Barbarians, #3.5)
  • The Quarry Master (Stolen by an Alien, #7)
  • The Alien's Escape (Drixonian Warriors, #2)
  • Kiran: An Alien Warrior Romance (Ka'atari Warriors, #1)
  • Savage Desire (The Infinite City #4)
  • Mari's Mistake  (Icehome, #11)
  • When She Dances (Risdaverse #5)
  • Fated Mate Tamed (Vostra Crime Lords #1)
  • When She Belongs (Risdaverse #4)
  • Raven's Return (Icehome #12)
  • Alien Creep (Alien Abductors, #1)
  • To Desire a Dragon (Venys Needs Men)
  • Choosing Her Alpha
Michele Mills lives in California and leads a life of quiet, G rated desperation with her husband and two sons. In an attempt at a fulfilling, R rated inner life that does not include Disney movies and Nickelodeon; Michele reads and writes filthy romance and, well...filthy romance. And she wouldn’t have it any other way.

**Sign up for Michele Mills' newsletter and instantly receive Kroga's Bride f

Catastrophe (3 books)
  • Kill For You (Catastrophe #2)
  • Live For You (Catastrophe, #3)