Start by marking “Goblet's Edge” as Want to Read:
Goblet's Edge

Goblet's Edge

August and Laurence have been lovers for years, and it's a love August has never had any cause to doubt, even if Laurence is also his employer—until they arrive in Umbra and meet Queen Maeve, the woman Laurence is to marry.

It's immediately clear to August that Maeve is more than a little interested in Laurence, and as the gap between him and lover widens, Laurence growing
ebook
Published May 25th 2016 by Less Than Three Press

To ask other readers questions about Goblet's Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goblet's Edge

Start your review of Goblet's Edge
Vivian
May 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica-fantasy, fr, ng
Change and uncertainty, how they torment.

Fantasy novel set in a mid-late eighteenth century AU with humans and nonhuman species. The setting is a blend of burgeoning technology with trains and airships and nobility, a Gilded Age in an altered landscape. The world building is convincing, including the more fantastical elements.

Acting as valet, August provides more than the average attendant. Accompanying his lord to finalize his marriage to Queen Maeve, ruler of Umbra, their relationship is str
Nicole Field
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
There is no way this author isn't talented. Immediately upon being introduced to the character of August and the world he lives in, I was fascinated. August is sweet and unassuming and incredibly well written. We're first introduced to him as he's on a ride with his Lord Laurence and their entourage from Braxis into the Queen Maeve's palace in Umbra.

The whole narrative of this short novella is that of a political marriage between Lord Laurence and Queen Maeve. The trick of it is, of course, tha
A.M. Leibowitz
Jun 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lore Graham's worlds are complex and interesting, and I love the way the world-building is threaded into the plot seamlessly. I enjoyed discovering August's culture and surroundings as the story unfolded.

For the most part, I enjoyed this story. The characters and setting are interesting. Although I wanted to know more about their society, there was enough detail to keep my attention, and I didn't feel as though it were lacking. It's more that I want to see other stories set in this realm.

I liked
Natosha Wilson
Jun 15, 2016 rated it liked it

Although I did enjoy this quick read, I was left feeling as if there could have been much more to this story.

August in my opinion really does get the short end of the stick in this book. He works for Laurence basically as his personal assistant to whatever he needs and he is his secret lover also but I feel as if he is being used and nothing more. Then you throw Mauve (Laurence's soon to be new wife) into the mix and I feel as if both Laurence and Mauve are both getting their cake and eating it
Eliza
Apr 27, 2016
Ann Roberts
Apr 30, 2016
Lore Graham
Jun 16, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Kaa
Ryan
Jul 07, 2019
KR
May 25, 2016
Lore Graham is a queer author who lives in Massachusetts. Ze writes sci fi and fantasy romance, poetry, and rpg settings.

Lore is passionate about spectacular worlds and queer characters.

Outside of writing, Lore enjoys cooking, reading, and spending time with zir cat.

Lore's poetry has been published in Strange Horizons and Liminality.

News & Interviews