Start by marking “Red Vengeance (Black Widow, #2)” as Want to Read:
Red Vengeance (Black Widow, #2)

Red Vengeance

(Black Widow: Novels #2)

The Avengers’ iconic master spy is back, and she’s seeing red.

Emotions are dangerous, which is why the graduates of Moscow’s famed spy school the Red Room are taught to keep their enemies close and their loved ones at a distance. Black Widow and Red Widow, also known as Natasha Romanov and Ava Orlova, forgot that lesson once, and they won’t forget it again.

But the Widows
Published October 11th 2016 by Marvel Press

Start your review of Red Vengeance (Black Widow, #2)
Jessica
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I know a lot of people don't like this series, but I enjoy it. In comparison to the first book, this one was much better.

The plot was relatively simple which I liked. We got a lot more Natasha which is always nice. Plus we also got Captain Marvel!

Overall, I enjoyed it and thought it was a lot of fun. I hope the series continues because the end sets up a sequel.
vicky.
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was ok

Natasha Romanoff is the sovereign of my heart. She is my wife and the only character that truly matters to me.

So, as someone who knows her and loves her I can’t give my approval to this book.
Last year Forever Red was awesome: cool plot, badass Nat and yes, it was YA but it was fun. The way Ava and her friends were introduced to Nat’s world felt natural.
Natasha’s characterisation had been spot on too, I remember a specific moment when I thought ‘damn you can tell Stohl did her job!’
Red Vengeance
Katee Scarlett Knittle
I don't know why I made myself read this. I hated the first one, but I love Black Widow so much, I feel like I have to support anything with her as the lead. However, I regret reading this book.

It was awful. It was predictable, boring, and extremely slow moving. The plot was a mess with random references and cameos by other characters thrown in without any real payoff or reason. Apparently Natasha is only actual friends with Tony Stark and Carol Danvers. The universe seems to be a weird mesh of
Ashley Owens
Jan 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
I wish I had more to say, considering this was a Netgalley copy. But it was predictable, ignored/forgot MCU canon at times, and just didn't have interesting action. I was not compelled to continue this book at all. If you've read the first one, you've read the second one imho.
L. McCoy
Well I suppose it’s better than book one... but still not at that 4-star level.

What’s it about?
Just know that it involves the characters from book one having to find out some shit with a terrorist plot that could fuck with the whole world and stop it from getting too crazy... like more crazy than it already is. That’s all I can really say without spoiling book one but if you’ve read book one you know about a lot of the characters and most of the shit involving them so yeah.

Pros:
The story is
Magical Reading Nook of Ahtohallan
Everything about this book was quite flawless to me. As a long time marvel fan the comics have been vastly disappointing, so it was refreshing to see someone take Black Widow and gives us a damned good rich story (when so many people claimed you couldn't with widow).

Stohl manages to seamlessly weave marvel 616, MCU, and the television universe to all make a very cohesive story. We find out that the avengers do know Coulson is alive (which the MCU has failed to mention in any movie), and we might
Chapter by Chapter
Jul 07, 2017 marked it as did-not-finish
I had enjoyed the novel's predecessor, and imagined I would feel the same about its sequel. Unfortunately the storytelling fell flat, and I couldn't invest myself in the plot.
Once
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Black Widow has a new partner in crime, Red Widow. The Widows are dealing with loosing Alexei, someone who was close to them both. And each grieving in their own ways. While trying to stay on top of their game while getting vengeance, it makes things a little bit messy.

Stohl has done it again. She has taken you on a journey with one of your favorite Avengers'. And if Black Widow isn't your favorite avenger these books will make you love her. Getting inside her brain and seeing how Natasha reacts
Lata
This picks up months after book 1, with Ava a trainee at Shield, and both she and Natasha still grieving for Alexei. Natasha gets a lead on more Red Room stuff, and pulls Ava out of class to help Natasha in the field.
Had some really good Natasha moments, some quite funny Natasha-Tony moments, and how great is it that Natasha, Maria Hill and Carol Danvers hang out every month?
Oh yeah, and there's Ava, all contrary teen, but super powered and suffering from PTSD, which no one at SHIELD seems to
J. Taylor
Jul 15, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5

Why were two normal-ish teens sitting on in an meeting about nukes? Also, all these mind alternating substances and even mention of Aliens just really brings a kind of ridiculousness to the whole novel, I'm in it for the high tech spying not some other world shit.

I just feel the book was kind of a big step down from the first, I really enjoyed it despite confusion over some of the lingo at the start but I felt a disconnect to it, also the vengeance part kinda lacked emotion and the
Ivy
5 stars

Nice to see Natasha and Ava again. The mission was good. Glad to get more of a look inside their brains. Also glad Ava was able to see Oksana again. Wonder if we will be seeing Yelena Bolova.

Can't wait to see if there will be another Black Widow book!!! Excited for Avengers: Infinity War!!!!
David Dalton
Apr 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Plenty of Spy Action

Not bad for a YA thriller. A Black and a Red Widow! Hope there is a 3rd book in this series.
Anka “Viva La Papaya”
I won't rate this, but I can't stand the fact that fucking Alex is a ghost and he's still here.

Can you just pls not hallucinate your instalove love interest? Kthxbye.
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 3.25/5

Review coming soon!
Colline Vinay Kook-Chun
If you have watched any of the recent Marvel films, you will know that the stories are fast-paced and filled with action. Reading Red Vengeance reminded me of those characteristics as I turned the pages quickly in this novel. As I was reading the story, I could not help but picture the Black Widow as portrayed in the Avengers stories.

Even though this story is a sequel, at no time did I feel lost in the story. Stohl effectively fills in any blanks that may have occurred due to not having read the
Christine Spoors
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
It seems like every time a new Avengers trailer comes out I go back to this series, the Avengers endgame trailer came out on the 8th of December which prompted me to go back to this book I started but didn’t finish on the 7th of December last year. I had a lot of fun reading this book today!

I found the first part of this book quite slow, although I really liked the setting. It definitely dragged a little and so I was glad when I moved onto more exciting parts.

I love reading about Natasha and
Elli
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
i didn't like this. The only reason I got this read as fast as I did was because my only other choices were watching my classmates play Just Dance or do stuff in PE.
Full review: https://purplepancakeblog.wordpress.c...
Sara (marvelousbibliophile)
I read the first book in this series Black Widow: Forever Red 2 years ago and I enjoyed it, this sequel however was a big disappointment.

I have a lot of thoughts so I'm going to try organize this as best as possible with no spoilers.

Plot:
-I feel like nothing happened in this book, the plot felt repetitive and I struggled to stay engaged in the story.
-The "shocking" moments never seemed shocking, I predicted a lot.
-I have no idea what universe this is set in, it didn't match up with MCU or
Casey
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
If you liked the first one you'll probably like this one too. If, like me, you suffered through the first one then give this one a pass. Save yourself.

Free at last. No longer can this book haunt my self like a vengeful ghost. Be gone foul demon, torment me no longer. I had at least some hope this one would be better that the first, but unsurprisingly I was disappointed again. Ava's still an angsty idiot, there's still no real character development to speak of, the villain's still completely
Izza
Apr 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: marvel, own, kindle, dnf, 2018
1.5 stars | It breaks my fangirl heart to do this, but I cannot finish this. The first one was bad, this is worse. You are telling me this is a BLACK WIDOW novel?
what

Natasha is my absolute favourite character ever, and the characterization in this novel is TERRIBLE. It's like the author doesn't even KNOW who Natasha is. There's no way Nat would take Ava (a freaking kid!) on a super dangerous OP.

I'll stick to reading fanfic, thank you very much.
Shelley
*Source* Library
*Genre* Comics-Superheroes
*Rating* 4.0

*My Thoughts*

Red Vengeance is the second installment in author Margaret Stohl's Black Widow series. The last we saw of Natasha Romanoff aka Black Widow, and her new partner Ava Orlova aka Red Widow, they had both lost someone, Alexei, that they each loved. Now they seek vengeance on those responsible for his death, and if in the process they take down anyone else who had anything to do with his death, more's the pity. But, who could stand toe
Christopher Backa
This book wasn't as tightly written as the first one, my other problem is that Black Widow feels like a side kick to the younger characters in the novel, where in the first one she was more in the driver's seat. I think these books do show a Black Widow movie is possible. I hope in the next book Black Widow takes more of the center stage than she got in this book. The new characters do feel shoehorned into the story at times.
Jay DeMoir
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
I liked Forever Red well enough but Red Vengeance was definitely unnecessary. I hate how after everything they'd been through Ava turned on Black Widow at the end,and betrayed her.

b l a n d
Jenny
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
4.25

This is a second hit on the Black Widow series by Margaret Stohl! Action packed, this spy adventure continues to follow Natasha and Ava's lives, now that the youngest has been officially recruited by S.H.I.E.L.D. - and has a mental connection with her dead boyfriend (and Natasha's brother) Alexei.

The delivery was just as good as the first novel. Stohl has a way with words. She can follow a deeply emotional moment by an action scene without it feeling forced in any way. This was definitely a
Amy Braun
Apr 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Still considering what to think about this one. Its predecessor was pretty good, but I still had some fun with this one. It was great to have guest appearances by characters like Maria Hill and Carol Danvers (still kinda wish Tony Stark felt like RDJ), but the story felt a little uneven at times. Things would be going on and there would be references to something or someone that didn't sound important at the time, but then would become hugely important at the last minute. I'm okay with that ...more
Sharla
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoy that Marvel is finding new ways to tell their heroine's stories. It's exciting to see Natasha, Carol, and Ava negotiating the world of SHIELD outside the adventures of the Avengers. They're incredible characters and I'm glad they're bringing them to a new audience in a new medium.

My only complaint is that I would also love to see an adult novel featuring Natasha. She is a dangerous, sexy character and she is somewhat neutered keeping her stories appropriate for a YA audience.
Dana Zett
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall, I really liked the story. Towards the middle, I had to push myself to keep reading, but I really enjoyed the ending.
Jamie Coudeville
This book surprised me. I liked it more than I thought I would. I loved the little parts with Captain Marvel. But I do wonder if this is the final book, because there seemed to be a setup for another book.
Karen
Apr 19, 2017 marked it as dnf
DNF for now. Its pretty clear that I need to read the first book before this one. I'll come back to this once I do.
the.ravenry
Feb 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
To be honest, I gave up on this book. I love Black Widow and her whole character arc but I just couldn't get onto the whole storyline of the book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Superman: Dawnbreaker (DC Icons, #4)
  • Iron Man: The Gauntlet
  • Loki: Where Mischief Lies
  • Black Widow, Volume 2: The Tightly Tangled Web
  • Runaways: An Original Novel
  • MARVEL's Avengers: Infinity War: Thanos: Titan Consumed (Marvel Studio' Avengers: Infinity War)
  • Black Widow, Volume 1: The Finely Woven Thread
  • Black Widow, Volume 3: Last Days
  • Catwoman: Soulstealer (DC Icons, #3)
  • Batman: Nightwalker (DC Icons, #2)
  • Black Widow, Volume 2: No More Secrets
  • Black Widow: Deadly Origin
  • Avengers: Everybody Wants to Rule the World
  • The Redheaded Princess
  • Wonder Woman: Warbringer (DC Icons, #1)
  • The Last Kids on Earth and the Midnight Blade
  • Five Midnights
  • Winter Soldier, Volume 3: Black Widow Hunt
Margaret Stohl is the #1 New York Times, PW, USA Today, LA Times and Internationally bestselling co-author or author of twelve books, including the BEAUTIFUL CREATURES NOVELS, the DANGEROUS CREATURES NOVELS, the ICONS NOVELS, MARVEL'S BLACK WIDOW NOVELS, ROYCE ROLLS & CATS VS ROBOTS THIS IS WAR (forthcoming!) She writes the MIGHTY CAPTAIN MARVEL comic for Marvel Comics (ongoing) and has ...more

Black Widow: Novels (2 books)
  • Black Widow: Forever Red (Black Widow, #1)