Start by marking “Haunted Mansion” as Want to Read:
Haunted Mansion

Haunted Mansion

(Disney Kingdoms)

Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion - enter if you dare! You might think that no one lives in this elegant house on the hill...but then where's that creepy organ music coming from? Are its iron gates meant to keep people out...or keep something in? Get ready to meet the 999 spooks of the Haunted Mansion. But be warned, they're looking for the 1000th! Legendary ...more
Published September 20th 2016 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Haunted Mansion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunted Mansion

Jessica
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved LOVED this comic collection. It had so many references to the ride, including some of the exact same lines. I liked how the bad guy was a pirate ghost because Pirates of the Caribbean is also located in New Orleans Square at Disneyland. Overall, a must have for fans of the classic ride.

Side Note: The book without the dust cover is absolutely stunning!
Paul E. Morph
Feb 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I quite enjoyed this one. I'm probably not the target audience but I thought it was a nice, little, kid-friendly ghost story with decent art. Not bad at all.
Coos Burton
Hace unos días tuve la oportunidad de conocer Disney World por primera vez, y fue una experiencia de lo más mágica. Pero lo que más ansiaba conocer se encontraba en un extremo del parque: la espeluznante y maravillosa "Haunted Mansion"; una gran casona gótica infestada de espectros felices que descansan y se divierten en rincones oscuros, esperando asomarse y materializarse ante los ojos de los tontos mortales. Y cuando por fin subí, lloré. Para una persona que ama el terror y Disney, esta atrac ...more
Sesana
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, disney
The Disney Kingdoms book I was most looking forward to. And probably one of the more challenging to put together. There's no coherent storyline in the Haunted Mansion ride (Disneyland Paris's Phantom Manor is an entirely different matter) but there's a lot of story elements, a lot of fragments of stories, and several small, self contained stories, all of which fans will expect to see. Which leaves little enough room for an actual, real story. Williamson does way better than I could have expected ...more
Maria Isabel Samonte
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like this book but I am not in love with it. I artwork is great but the story is not mind blowing and out of this world as I would hope it would be. There were just a lot of things happening at ones that you cannot fully appreciate each scene. But I did like the character growth of the protagonist.
Chris Lemmerman
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
[Read as single issues]

The Haunted Mansion is probably my favourite Disney ride, period. It's so atmospheric and different from the rest of the park, and I love the details that are put into its backstory; it's one of the few rides I always make a beeline for whenever we go to the parks; after the success of Figment, Seekers of the Weird, and Big Thunder Railroad's comics, Haunted Mansion leaps out as one that deserves to have its rich story embraced by comics.

Written by Joshua Williamson, who h
Troy
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
Spoiler-free review of Haunted Mansion by Joshua Williamson, Jorge Coelho, and Jean-Francois Beaulieu

"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat... call in the spirits... wherever they're at! Rap on a table... it's time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond... Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween... awaken the spirits with your tambourine!"

If you're a hardcore fan of Disney's Haunted Mansion attraction like me, you'll enjoy this graphic novel. For me, it conjured both nostalgia and
Dave
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
A big swing and a miss for me.
The Haunted Mansion has always been my favorite Disney ride.
For me, this captured none of it.
Daniel Perlino
Aug 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Alice Rachel
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for kids. The drawings were really good. The MC was cute and sweet. The story wasn't too scary. I enjoyed it, though I like things to be a bit scarier.
Danielle
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Based on the classic ride at Disneyland, this five issue graphic novel takes you on an adventure. I was interested in this series because I love the ride at Disneyland and because it was done by Marvel and it does not disappoint! I stayed up late to finish reading this.
Definitely recommend.
David
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride at Disney (each of them) so enjoyed finding this. Some of the alternate cover art is great. Fun story about a boy's journey through the haunted mansion to help the ghosts.
Quentin Wallace
Sep 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm a big fan of The Haunted Mansion attraction at Disney World, so this intrigued me. As it turns out it was a pretty good read as well.

It's got many of the easter eggs you'd expect featuring the various ghosts and rooms from the ride. The story itself deals with an evil spirit who has taken over the mansion, and a living person is required to break the spell.

It was a little more Young Adult than I expected, but in hindsight that's really exactly what I should have expected. The art was also c
Eric Kaman
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ghosts just wanna party
Jay
Aug 05, 2017 rated it liked it
After the unexpected death of his beloved Grampa, Danny is called to the Haunted Mansion by Madam Leota, the ghost of a former fortune-teller. It seems there are hundreds of spirits trapped in the house by curse placed by the ghost of a pirate captain searching for treasure. All Danny needs to do is brave the ghosts, ghouls and other dangers of the mansion to find a way out and release them all!

This series is based on the attraction at the Disney theme parks. It does a great job providing little
Olive Writter
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I love Disney, and I’m totally mad about the parks. The Haunted Masion is one of my favourites attractions of Walt Disney World. So I decided to read this book.
Ok, this is my first comic review, so I’ll say what I think about the drawings.
Weeeeellll...
It’s ok, the parts of the attraction where good. I liked the design of Constance and the rest of the phantoms. But I didn’t liked the “live people”. They where creepier than the dead people.
The story is simple, but I think this is actually a pre-te
Dan
I really enjoyed the story that the writers came up for this tale of 999 happy haunts (although some are less than happy in this version). There are lots of hidden nods and references to the classic Disney attraction too. Imagineer Marty Sklar wrote the introduction and explains that the creators of the Haunted Mansion could never come up with a cohesive story for it that Walt liked. In this story young Danny is often afraid and wishes that he could be more like his fearless, globe-trotting, adv ...more
Cale
Aug 22, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a solid 3.5. The book does a very good job of world-building around the various Haunted Mansions at Disney parks, and utilizing most of the best known rooms and scenes from the rides. It's focus on the pirate ghost was a little weak, and the main plot is a little on the basic side, but it gets some emotional resonance as Danny overcomes his fear to help the ghost of his grandfather. It falls more on the side of spooky than funny, although it does have some humor in it. But it really does ...more
Vanessa
Jan 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: disney, marvel, modern-age
I have never been to Disneyland or Disney World. I am not sure which one has the Haunted Mansion, actually. Without knowing much about it, I enjoyed this, but I didn't love the pace. There were characters that I wanted to see more of and ones that appeared in several issues that I wasn't that interested in. Parts of the story also ended very abruptly. I did still really enjoy the story, and I might have liked it more if I had not read it in single issues. The art was great. The colorist perfectl ...more
Robin
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I got this book on my vacation to Disneyworld. This time everything Haunted Mansion really spoke to me. This book did not disappoint. It gave me a lot of great background on some of the most popular rooms and characters on the ride. For example, the story behind the ballroom, the bride, and the party in the graveyard. A great story that both explains a lot and leaves plenty of room for the imagination.
Elena Glitch
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Writers are told to show, not tell. While this advice can be broken, it was especially confusing that the creators behind this story chose to tell instead of show in a comic book. It’s a visual medium. The whole point is to show us the story. The characters talk to themselves frequently to share their thoughts, though it comes at the expense of the storytelling. The narrative is fine, but the comic medium just isn’t used well at all.
Susan Schembri
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this Disney comic. Haunted Mansion is such an iconic ride and it’s so creative that they made some rides into comic books series (i.e. tiki room, thunder mountain). I hope that they make more rides into comic book series because I love learning the backstory of the ride.

P.S. These comics are perfect for reading while in line!
Glenn
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series of comics collected here in one epic story, really captures the “spirit” of the popular Disney attraction. In some ways I wish this story would have been out sooner so it could have been adapted into the film version of the dark ride instead of the one that we got. But, for now this is a much better way to enjoy the story of The Haunted Mansion.
Kelly K
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, graphic-novels
The best thing about this was running into the characters from the ride, even though it focused on the Disneyland version which I have not experienced but am very familiar with the differences. Here's lookin' at you, hat box ghost. The plot was very dull and the main character looked like a mop. A few funny moments but this one won't be memorable.
Kat Ice
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Haunted Mansion is the best ride in Disney World so when I saw there was a graphic novel I had to read it! loved this one so much! the best part was how it kept some of the original haunted mansion as well as bringing some life into the story.
Jean
Plot was a little simple. They did nothing about Constance and I thought she was another obstacle, but in the end she's like meh whatever.... It's been years since I've been on the ride, so it would be fun to compare the two.
Anna Morgan
Mar 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I gave this book 3 stars because of the theme, but if I had no attachment to the haunted mansion, it would have been much lower. The story is full of cliches and is never quite sure what it wants to be: spooky caper, expungement of grief, or something else entirely.
Debbie Patterson
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
this was my first graphic novel of sorts and found it quite charming
Sally Epp
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is one of the best volumes of the graphic novels based on Disney attractions. So many fun details!
Katie
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, comics, horror, humour
That was a fun comic and it had great art. Only loses a star because there was no Ghost Host :c. Look the Ghost Host is my favourite okay. Besides that though I loved it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

Disney Kingdoms (6 books)
  • Disney Kingdoms: Seekers of the Weird