Start by marking “With It or in It: Desert Shield and Desert Storm from the Loader's Hatch” as Want to Read:
With It or in It: Desert Shield and Desert Storm from the Loader's Hatch

Read Book* *Different edition

With It or in It: Desert Shield and Desert Storm from the Loader's Hatch

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  26 ratings  ·  6 reviews
In this "gripping tale of a man and his crew mates preparing to go to war" (A. Davis), author Bacil Donovan Warren "brilliantly captures what is the rarely described gritty and demanding life of an armor crewman" (R. Schultheis). Within the pages of With It or in It, author Bacil Donovan Warren tells the riveting story of his deployment to Saudi Arabia as part of the ...more
Published February 24th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about With It or in It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about With It or in It

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of With It or in It: Desert Shield and Desert Storm from the Loader's Hatch
Jeremy Reppy
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a short book detailing the author's experience in Operation Desert Storm as a loader in a tank. He discusses the history and composition of his armored cavalry unit, training in NM, how his unit learned about the invasion of Kuwait by Iraq, and the deployment process. He discusses the arrival in Saudi Arabia and the movement into Iraq, as well as the various missions his unit had.

While much of the book is a discussion of military practices, procedures, and operations and the specifics of
Mary F. Iliff
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent personal account

I've just read an account by one of the "yompers" in the Falklands. Both really taught me a lot about the quotidian lives of soldiers. The calm acceptance of duty, the trust in their officers, the petty annoyances of life in the field. Spec Warren gave me appreciation of the sheer volume of technology, without giving away actual specifications, no doubt classified. I wish there's been a short glossary at the end, as I got a little tangled up in the acronyms (I am a
Debbie
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this first hand account of a soldier's experience in Desert Storm by veteran Bacil Warren. Although a fairly short book, at ninety-something pages, it was engrossing. I felt like I was there in the hot dusty desert experiencing the day to day soldiering, the fatigue, and the terror of battle, through the author's eyes. The book also includes photos from the war. Well worth the price of a coffee, a good read, and well written.
Michael Romo
Desert Shield memoir

This is an account of the U.S. Armys 3rd ACR campaign during Desert Shield and Desert Storm. I learned a great deal about the mindset, training and tactics of these young troopers.
james simis
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

This is a highly insightful read into the true nature of the gulf war. I enjoyed reading this very much and would recommend it to anyone.
john culter
Juliene K. Bowen
Dec 02, 2018
Gene Laflame
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What else can I say if you don't read it you're missing out
Chris

• The Big Show: The Classic Account of WWII Aerial Combat
  • The Five Wishes of Mr. Murray McBride
  • The Thing About Clare
  • The Town with No Roads
  • Bad Memory (Jessica Shaw, #2)
  • His Secret Family: An absolutely emotional page turner
  • Monticello: A Daughter and Her Father
  • Policing Saigon
  • Forever Free (The Forever War, #3)
  • 1968 -- Into the Abyss
  • A Map of Days (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #4)
  • Tigers In The Mud: The Combat Career of German Panzer Commander Otto Carius
  • The Regiment: 15 Years in the SAS
  • The Family Journal
  • Panzer Ace: The Memoirs of an Iron Cross Panzer Commander from Barbarossa to Normandy
  • Eastern Inferno: The Journals of a German Panzerjäger on the Eastern Front, 1941-1943
Bacil Donovan Warren is an author and military veteran. After serving with the US Army Europes 3rd Armored Division as a tank gunner and loader, he deployed as a loader on an M1A1 tank with the 3d Armored Cavalry Regiment from Ft. Bliss, TX for Operation Desert Shield. Later, he served his community as a Paramedic and a CPR instructor before becoming a full-time author.

Donovan currently lives in