Start by marking “Sidebarred (The Legal Briefs, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Sidebarred (The Legal Briefs, #3.5)

Sidebarred

(The Legal Briefs #3.5)

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  8,028 ratings  ·  1,029 reviews
There was a time when Jake Becker had it all together. He was controlled, driven, ruthless—in and out of the courtroom.

Then, six irresistible orphans and their heartbreakingly beautiful aunt crashed into his perfectly ordered life. They changed everything. They changed him. Now he’s a husband, an upstanding member of society, a father figure—a family man. And he’s pretty d
Published April 24th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Sidebarred, please sign up.

·  8,028 ratings  ·  1,029 reviews

Emma Chase
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
There's a little bit of a story behind Sidebarred. The main idea for this novella - and for its epilogue actually - came to me soon after I finished Jake & Chelsea's full length book, Sustained. But then I started writing Appealed, became all wrapped up in Brent & Kennedy's sexy bickering, and as it often happens, the idea got moved to the backburner. Until I finished Appealed. And the idea for this little novella came back to the front burner - in all its detailed, sweet, heartwarming, ...more
Pearl Angeli
description

5 Happily Ever After Stars!

I am sure gonna miss this series!

description

Wow. If there's a happiest of all happiest ending, I think this is the one. Emma Chase closed the series beautifully by giving us a glimpse of the lives of all the characters in this series years and years after their HEA.

This series has really grown on me. I seriously loved all the characters, especially Jake and the McQuaid kids. In this novella, there were newly introduced characters who made such a great addition to the gang and
Mysza
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-read

Now this is how you write follow-up novella people!

Jake Becker... he was even hotter, sexier, more swoony, more heart melting.... I could go on and on and on...
"Because she’s more than my wife—more than the owner of the pussy that has me so very whipped. She’s my love, my home, the solace to my soul, the keeper of my heart, the center of my entire fucking world. The only reason I really believe in my own goodness is because I see it reflected in her eyes. "

Chelsea and the kids didn't disappo
Holly
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yup, this was really cute. Absolutely should be read if you've already read Sustained, consider this an extended epilogue of sorts.
~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~
I'm so happy I got the chance to read this novella featuring my second favorite hero of all times (the first being Drew Evans). Pure awesomeness!

*happy dance*

Kathleen
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Story Rating ~ 5 Stars!
Hero Rating ~ 5 Stars!
Heroine Rating ~ 5 Stars!
Romance Rating ~ 5 Stars!
Heat Level ~ 3.5 Stars
Ending ~ 5 Stars!
Overall Rating ~ 5 I LOVED EVERY MOMENT STARS!

What an AMAZING read! This one had me grinning from ear to ear most of the way through. Sidebarred was a short read but it packed so many wonderful things into it.

I loved getting another glimpse into Chelsea and Jake’s life, along with all the kids. I felt so much love this family had for each other.

I really enjoyed S
Catarina
4,5 Life Turner Stars

description

In this novella we get to see more of Jake and Chelsea’s life after the end of Sustained. And as Sustained was definitely my favorite book in the series, I jumped on this one soon as I had the chance.
Life with six kids in various degrees of ages isn’t easy, Jake and Chelsea know that better than anyone, but after two years of marriage they know how to deal with it and they finally have everything under control. Until an unexpected surprise comes and everything starts to g
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Emma Chase, thank you so much for this wonderful journey... As always it was amazing, because you're amazing. :)

Eliza

Emma Chase has a talent for writing some of the funniest scenes I've ever read. I'm talking, tears in my eyes-unladylike guffaws of laughter... Ok, gut-busting cackles!

To fans of the series, it's an absolute must. Not only do we catch up with Chelsea, Jake and the adorably-hilarious kids, but the whole gang is along for the ride too.

SIDEBARRED is the cherry on the cake to an already sweet & delicious series. And although I love every novel, I can't deny Jake Becker makes my heart beat the f
Mo
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved Jake and Chelsea in their book, Sustained. I still loved them in this one. OMFG, that epilogue. I shed a little tear but it was a tear of happiness.

Chelsea is still so sweet and sexy.

Jake, as usual, talks out of his ass sometimes but I adore him.

And the kids ... Cannot even imagine a house with six kids.

Beverly
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don’t think I have made my love for this series a secret, but in case you didn’t know I LOVE IT! It’s one of my favorite series ever. It’s fun, flirty, sexy and completely swoon worthy. I adore all these characters, but if I had to pick a couple to get a little extra it would be Jake and Chelsea.

So Jake and Chelsea, you know the ones I am talking about. The young sister who became the legal guardian to her six siblings and the awesome guy who fell in love with them all. Awwww, I swear, I just
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
description

*This review contains minor spoilers from Sustained. If you haven’t read it yet (seriously what the hell are you waiting for?), you may want to avoid the last few paragraphs*

I just want to start this review by saying this novella made me so deliriously, ridiculously happy. That is the only way I can really describe what it was like to be able to read more on Chelsea and Jake. They feel like a couple I know and who I want nothing but the best for. And yes, I am aware how completely crazy I sound
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
”Our normal is pretty awesome.”

description

Emma Chase gifts fans even more of Jake and Chelsea with this great little novella. It was wonderful to catch up with my favorite couple of this series and the six children they are raising together. As with Sustained, this is written in the all-male POV of sexy, lovable Jake Becker. Emma Chase is truly talented in writing from his vantage point.

”Sometimes I look around and wonder, how the hell did I get here? How is this my life? It all changed so fast. But the
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
BEST. NOVELLA. EVER. I couldn't ask for more and this series is beautifully wrapped up with Jake Becker, Chelsea McQuaid and my favorite McQuaid kids. I'm going to miss all of them and their own funny shits.

I'M CRYING IT'S OVER.
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

photo c54dc459547ec63bb5c8f7510647f6cd_zpslbdstdpu.jpg

I absolutely positively LOVED this one so much! To me, this was way better than SUSTAINED. In that book, I wasn’t too crazy about Chelsea. I didn’t think she was worthy enough to end up with Jake. Well, I am happy to say I really loved her in this book and thought these two were perfect together. But they weren’t the only ones who ma
Gi's Spot Reviews
5 'Perfection' Stars

It's true, for me, this book was absolutely PERFECT!!! From the characters to the writing style, amazing MCs and secondary characters, it have it all!!! We pass through moments of happiness, joy and humor, sad and emotional, and most of all LOVE, so much love.... I truly felt Jake's love and devotion to Chelsea, and their huge family! Like I said, PERFECTION...
Christy
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!

photo 4192935F-4FD9-4025-8165-58FCBBE0CE52_zpsjvkvkcuh.jpg

Sustained was my favorite book in Emma Chase’s Legal Briefs series. When I heard we were getting a novella with more Jake, Chelsea and the kids (plus the rest of the gang) I jumped with excitement. This novella did not disappoint. I loved getting more of my favorite characters and savored every word of their story. It’s a quick read with a lot of heart and one all fans of this series should pick up as soon as it’s available.
We’ve been married for about two years and there hasn’t bee
Michelle
God I still luv Jake I m delighted I got more of him

This short story was brilliant I luvd getting more of the crazy gang of Chelsea an Jake them kids r just so funny an seein them again was great

Chelsea an Jake r just as hot as ever Jake is still super strong an sexy an Chelsea is still strong an overlook things in to make sure things r in order but I did luv that Jake took a much stronger parenting role in this the way he is with the kids is so sweet

I enjoyed this so much it was a great way t
Aestas Book Blog
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
AWWWW!!!!! This was SO SWEET!! All the heart-warming feels you can imagine packed into one gorgeous novella. It was swoony, hilarious, adorable, and even hot!!! It had all thing things so many of us romance readers love: family, babies, parenting, and a massive epilogue with every single detail you could ever wish for... I LOVED IT!!!

Be sure to read SUSTAINED first.
Jen
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-favorites
5 PERFECTION Stars!

Ok, so after just finishing reading Sustained and seeing all of the wonderful reviews about this book, I had to read it even though I haven't read Appealed yet. This book was the BEST! I loved having more Jake and Chelsea time along with seeing where all of the kids were up to.

Jake and Chelsea have been married for two years now. They have a routine that best suites their family, but with six kids getting alone time can be challenging, so when they do find that time they ma
Grecia Robles
Aaaaaaay amé esta mini novella o epílogo largo, no sé porque no lo leí antes si esta familia es tan GENIAL!!.
Jack y Chlesea es mi pareja favorita de esta trilogía y su libro es el mejor.
A mí me encanta saber el después de Y fueron felices… como la están llevando y todas esas cositas.

Jack es lo máximo y que él narre la historia lo hace todavía más divertido, ese hombre grandote e intimidante es un dulce y como papá es todavía más cute, me encantaron los consejos sobre sexualidad a Riley o cuando
Maria...
"5 Crazy Family stars"

I kiss her lips gently because she's so fucking pretty.
Because she makes me so stupidly happy.

description
I love you Jake and your crazy family.You just proved to me once again why I'm so freaking crazy about you.Emma Chase WHAT THE HELL did you write again, making us crave these guys and their ridiculous situations they create wherever they go. Emma, I just.....
description
This was a lovely short story about Jake and Chelsea's family with their 6 crazy kids creating chaos everywhere...and in
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 ★'s

If you've read Sustained, you definitely want to make sure you get to this. It's really like a big, fat, juicy epilogue oozing with goodness and happy tears. You won't want to miss it!

It's been two years since we last caught up with Jake, Chelsea and the gang and there's been a lot of good going on. And thank goodness...because they could all use a break.

One of my favorite things about their first book was how Jake was incorporated into the family and we get a lot of examples of how he
Violina The Romance Lover
OMGEEEE!!! This series! I need time for my reviews but Gosh, I loved every second of these books and this novella.. DAMN!!! Review to come!
Katerina
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Narrator: After Katerina was miraculously declared innocent (as it turned out, the jury consisted of hardcore fangirls who understood her struggles all too well) she continued her life and everything was great. Until it was not.

Judge: Oh no, not you again!
Me: With all due respect your Honor, your face is not the most pleasant sight for me either!
Judge: What did you do this time? Sacrificed babies to Lucifer? Stole a dragon? Stalked an author? Harassed an actor?
Me: None of the above. But the drag
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Time flies when you're having fun!! I loved this one so much. It's super sexy and laugh out loud funny. My only complaint is that it ended too soon.

I highly recommend it.

NinaReader
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

I L.O.V.E.D it! Emma Chase dedicated this book to the readers and it really does feel like it was for me and for everyone who loved Sustained and this series. It's that continuation for a story you loved so much you didn't want it to end.

Sustained was one of my favorite books last year. If you haven't read it, I urge you to because it is just simply superb. Emma Chase at her finest! Here's my gushing review if you need convincing.

This is the mo
JL
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing

SIDEBARRED is a perfect conclusion and an extended epilogue (if I may say) of Sustained! I enjoyed this book so much and I haven’t moved on from this series just yet.

The book shows the life Chelsea, Jake and the kids are living after Sustained. Again, this book is PERFECT! I loved how Jake
April
Uh........ Geez Ms. Chase, how can you make me laugh, cry, swoon, giggle, smile until my cheeks hurt and leave me feeling so light after reading any of your books?? You are a master in (what I'm sure of) all that you do.

I fell in love with your work right from day one when you introduced me to one of my all time favourite male characters, Drew. Now..........Jake.......this man HAS me!!!! It's that simple; he owns my heart, well ..........he and a handful of other male characters that I have met
♥Rachel♥
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-book
Perfect ending for the series! Loved this extended epilogue!
  • Childstar 3 (Childstar, #3)
  • Conflagration (The Wellingtons, #2)
  • Saving Evangeline
  • Some Kind of Perfect (Calloway Sisters, #4.5; Addicted, #3.5)
  • Falling for Danger (Capital Confessions, #3)
  • Dead By Midnight: An I-Team Christmas (I-Team #7.5)
  • Heartless
  • Floored (Frenched, #3)
  • MacKenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn, #2)
  • Deeper Than Dreams (Love & Steel, #1.5)
  • Arrive (Spiral of Bliss, #3.5)
  • Guns: The Spencer Book (Rook and Ronin Spinoff, #4)
  • Snowflakes & Fire Escapes
  • Chance of Rain
  • Edible (Exquisite, #3)
  • Confessions of a Litigation God (Legal Affairs, #2)
  • Valentine (On Dublin Street, #5.5)
  • Abruption
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Emma Chase writes contemporary romantic comedies filled with heat, heart and laugh-out-loud humor. Her stories are known for their clever banter, sexy, swoon-worthy moments, and hilariously authentic male POV’s. Emma’s novels have been translated in over twenty languages around the world.

Emma lives in New Jersey with her amazing husband, two awesome

The Legal Briefs (3 books)
  • Overruled (The Legal Briefs, #1)
  • Sustained (The Legal Briefs, #2)
  • Appealed (The Legal Briefs, #3)
“She’s my love, my home, the solace to my soul, the keeper of my heart, the center of my entire fucking world. The only reason I really believe in my own goodness is because I see it reflected in her eyes.” 17 likes
“I didn’t plan on you, Chelsea. Or them. and for as long as I live, you will be the best thing that ever happened to me.” 8 likes