Start by marking “Enemy Red (Mark of Lycos, #1)” as Want to Read:
Enemy Red (Mark of Lycos, #1)

Enemy Red

(Mark of Lycos #1)

The magic of love lies in the arms of his fiery enemy.

No one likes an arranged marriage, and Fenris, a golden wolf in the Silver Clan, plans to avoid it as long as he can. But the Wolf in the Forest has heard the prayers of another and grants the female her wish.

Kindle Edition, 2nd edition
Published March 15th 2016 by Totally Bound Publishing (first published September 6th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Enemy Red, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enemy Red

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Mar 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Bubbles Hunty by: Juana "Darkness" Duran
Shelves: m-f
I really liked it, it was a little too short. I like the plot and it kept me entertained but I wish there was a little more focus on the development of the two main characters.

(view spoiler)
Jen Davis
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
If you are looking for some sexy shifter action, this may be the novella for you. If you’re interested in, say, a well developed story, good pacing, character development, or romance, you may want to move along. You won’t find them here. I understand that you can only expect certain things from a novella, but there were so many problems for me.

The premise ok. Fenris is a golden wolf shifter who has an uncle pressuring him to find a mate. Since Fenris is young and likes the attentions of many dif
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
3.5 Stars

I started reading this and thought it seemed familiar, turns out I had read the original version in 2011, I’ve read a lot of books since then so did not recall more than the character names. I enjoyed the read in 2011 and I enjoyed the read this time around. Without going back to read the first version I can’t tell you what changed but I do wish the book was a bit longer. I would love to find out more about how and why the Silver Clan had the other shifters removed from the forest, and
Maria11
Mar 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Another sneeze and it is done book... I am soo stupid sometimes.

It was good story and I really enjoyed the plot and the characters, there just wasn't enough of them. Everything needed more and then this would have been a great book. I like all the backstories, but it was rushed and we really didn't get to know the hero or heroine that well. I would have liked more info on Fenris and why he acted like he did. Rudra was really interesting too, but again how she got to who she was would have been g
Under the Covers Book Blog

After reading Marie Harte’s Best Revenge books, I knew I wanted to give her other books a go.  In 2016, this book was re-released and I had the chance to read it. Yes, this review is way, way overdue.  I had to take a quick scan through the book to remember the story. It was easy enough to remember as it is a short read.  Harte’s  Enemy Red which
Iza
*This book was provided to me through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

Rate : 3.5

I requested this book upon seeing the author's name and it was a nice hot little read that didn't disappoint.

Marie Harte can build a world and characters with a few sentences, which is very good when you're reading a 55 pages long story ! The atmosphere was original compared to other shifter stories I read previously and the characters, though not that deep, were diverse and likeable enough. Well, except f
Tifferz
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jd-read
Fenris is doing his best to avoid being mated, which is what his Uncle is forcing him to do. Fenris decides to run away to have fun before he has to take his role as alpha. The Great Spirit Wolf has other plans for Fenris and provides him with his mate that is an alpha herself, Rudra. After centuries of bringing outcast shifters together to form a clan, Rudra finally has the key to take back her rightful land; too bad he is a sexy blonde Adonis that she can’t keep her or her wolf off of.

First o
Tifferz
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jd-read

First o
Mary
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

A new and unique twist to the werewolf genre. Wolves, cats, foxes, bears and sorcerers, oh my!

Finding a mate is not something either Rudra or Fenris have on their minds. When Fenris stumbles into the Red Clan's territory and trouble, he finds himself facinated with Rudra. Not understanding how he came to be in the clan's territory, Fenris nonetheless feels an overwhelming sense of possessiveness towards Rudra and her family.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Fenris is a young pup, he's only 25-years-old, and now his uncle, the Alpha of the Silver Clan, intends to find him and his twin brother mates. Fenris is none too happy with this, so runs off. He finds himself far from home, in a situation unexpected, that calls on his protective and mating instincts, against all odds. Pulled into a tangled web, with doubts over who to believe, Fenris has to do what he thinks is right - both for himself and for the wolf he wants to claim as his own.

This is a fa
Meggie
Feb 22, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shape-shifters
In this story everything develops to fast. Okay the sex scenes between Red and Fenris are hot but it's just sex and no feelings. I couldn't relate to their feelings. Everything felt forced and actually I didn't like that pair, but that's just me.
Leona Woolfolk
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
I petitioned the publisher on NetGalley to read and review Enemy Red for a few reasons:

It was a new-to-me author,
It was a paranormal romance (a weakness of mine), and
The synopsis left much to be desired

With all these great points and reasons for reading Enemy Red, why didn't it work out for me? In an effort of transparency I'd have to say that it fell to two very big reasons; the overwhelming amount of conflicts without giving the adequate amount of page time to address them all, and the
DelAnne Frazee
ISBN: 9781786510082
ASIN: B01C4A5465
Reviewer: DelAnne
Reviewed For: NetGalley

Being forced into an arranged marriage by his uncle has Ferris feeling fenced in. He leaves to have a bit of fun before taking on the mantle of Alpha of the Silver Clan and a mate. The Great Sprit has other plan
E.A. Turley
Jul 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enemy Red An enjoyable book to read that mixes the power of magic with shifters and werewolves.
Golden Werewolf Fenris and his twin brother Anson have been ordered to attend a mating ceremony to find their mates by their Uncle Mike, the Alpha of the silver clan. Although neither of them wants to go through with it, only Fenris manages to get away so that he doesn't have to take part. But when he runs through the forest, he happens upon some wolves, foxes and a bear that he doesn't recognise. The
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Fenris has left his clan and is wandering during the mating period. He has no intention of accepting an arranged marriage and in defiance has struck out alone until the time of mating has passed. Unfortunately, he’s wandered into another clan’s territory – only to discover his mate.

Rudra has no idea why this wolf in in their territory, but if he can help in their war she’ll use him… supposed mate or not.

Enemy Red is such a short story that to say much more would be ba
Nikki Brooks
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Fenris, a golden wolf in the Silver Clan, has no intention in going through with some arranged mating that his Uncle Mike has put in place for him. He's only 25 and most males don't settle with a mate until they're at least a century old! When he flees the ceremony, leaving his twin behind, he dashes into the Great Forest. When he finally stops he realises he is far from his own lands and he might just be in some bother!!!

Rudra has plans to take down the almighty Silver Clan. They have marginal
Tracy
Oct 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love a good shifter story and while I enjoyed Enemy Red, I did wish it was a bit longer.

Fenris was determined that neither him nor his twin brother were going to be mated as his uncle had decreed so he decided they should leave their pack - except his brother seemed to have other ideas as did fate!!

Fenris loses track of time and eventually ends up being caught by Rudra, the Alpha of the Red Clan - a mixed shifter pack who live a distance away from the Silver Pack he belongs to and too near th
Lillian Cummings
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
how do you accept a mate when you weren't looking for one? There are two wolf clans, the silver & the red clan and they both don't get on. The red clan had been chased from the forest and they now live with bears, foxes, wolves and humans. The silvers have had the forest as their home and they aren't going to give it up.
Fenris is a silver wolf but he is so much more a very special and he has just realized that the alpha of the red clan is his mate.
Rudra doesn't want a mate she has enough pr
Margaret
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Book one in the Mark of Lycos Series

The magic of love lies in the arms of his fiery enemy.

Unfortunately for Fenris, his destined mate is an alpha in her own right, and an enemy who plans on taking the Silver Clan, and Fenris, apart one bite at a time.

Until Fenris bites back.

Reade

Eva Millien
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unfortunately for Fenris his plans to avoid mating has just went up in smoke and his destined mate is an alpha in her own right in this enthralling paranormal romance. The series has some unique elements that make for a different take on shifters and Fenris and Red’s story certainly had me captivated from the very beginning although I can’t help but wish that it had been longer, but I am looking forward to finding out what happens to Fenris’s twin in the next book.

See my full review at:
Samantha
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-books
Red and Fenris are two wolves who are stuck with the world on their shoulders. Fenris is suppose to mate a wolf of his uncles choice. None is a fan of arranged marriages and because of this, he leaves the pack putting him in the path of Red the female alpha of her pack. She's not p lyrics a wolf but a sorceress as well.

She's never been interested in thr males before but there is something about him that just draws her in. He knows it's love at first sight. I wish this book would have just been
Cheesecake
This felt like maybe it was an early work by this author. It was OK, but pretty cheesy to the point of being cartoony. There are jumps in the story and resolutions that are so abrupt you are left going wtf just happened?? It is only 50 pages or so, but felt like longer. Love this author, but not so much this story.
Arianna
May 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I received this ebook from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
I found it short, without details, and boring. There was space for some serious characters developing but... well it all just seems so superficial.
My vote: 2.5 stars
Sonia
Jul 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Very quick paranormal book.
Karen Roma
Mar 25, 2016 rated it liked it
A short quick read that ended too soon.

I would have liked to see a bit more character development and more background information to smooth out the storyline, but all in all, an OK read.
Teetah
Nov 21, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Don't mean to come across harsh...but seriously..NO STORY PLOT AT ALL IN THIS BOOK!!
Asteropê
I liked the heroine was the Alpha and even though she mated with the hero, who was also an alpha, she continued to rule their pack. Nice change from these types of stories.
Deanna
rated it it was ok
Jul 02, 2018
Brenda Dragomir
Jun 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Shadow's Embrace (Wolf’s Heritage, #5)
  • Aftermath (Southern Spirits, #5)
  • First Christmas
  • Caged (Lethal Obsession, #2)
  • Once Upon a Dragon (Ever After #0.5)
  • Kevin's Alpha (A Wizard's Touch #2)
  • Managing Macy (Tall, Dark and Dominant #1)
  • Dragon's Bloodmoon (Deadly Mates #4)
  • Cat's Cradle (Tales of the Were: String of Fate #1)
  • Jinx and Her Werewolf
  • Spencer's Secret (Wolf Harem #2)
  • Wolf's Survival
  • Wary Were (Greer #2)
  • Yearning (Green's Hill Werewolves, #1)
  • Sexy Beast VIII (Sexy Beast #8)
  • Pain (Darwin's Theory, #1)
  • Just Desserts (Table for Two, #1)
  • Flesh & Blood (Flesh, #2)
Caffeine addict, boy referee, and romance aficionado, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Marie Harte has over 100 books published with more constantly on the way. She’s a confessed bibliophile and devotee of action movies. Whether hiking in Central Oregon, biking around town, or hanging at the local tea shop, she’s constantly plotting to give everyone a happily ever after. Visit http: ...more

Mark of Lycos (3 books)
  • Wolf Wanted (Mark of Lycos, #2)
  • Jericho Junction (Mark of Lycos, #3)