Start by marking “Dream Waters (Dream Waters #1)” as Want to Read:
Dream Waters (Dream Waters #1)

Dream Waters

(Dream Waters #1)

All his life, Charlie Oliver has watched the people around him morph into creatures that no one else sees. Unlike the rest of the world, Charlie remembers the Waters that transport him to the Dream World each night. And he sees glimpses of people’s Dream forms in the waking world. Condemned to spend his waking hours in a psychiatric facility because of his Dream Sight, Cha ...more
Published April 4th 2016 by Dream Waters Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dream Waters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dream Waters

Siobhan
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dream Waters is such a surprising read, one that pulled me in so much more than I’d initially anticipated.

In this story so many things are crossed over, so many things pulled together, and I loved it. Dreams and reality collide. Fairy tales and history mix. Love and obsession can be seen. And those are simply the three main points written on the cover – I could easily name more.

Our story starts in a psychiatric unit, with our characters coming together for the first time. I’ll admit, at first, I
Danielle N
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
Before I move forward, I want to address something I have noticed. I am seeing Dream Waters classified as YA Fantasy by some readers. I have to disagree. Maybe those who read the genre more can put a valid argument forward as to why I am wrong, but the sexual content says adult in my opinion. (I would like to add that the sexual content was used to establish a clear character connection and worked very well for me in this sense).

With that being said, Dream Waters is definitely a fantasy novel, m
Monica
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this novel about two worlds. One you travel to when you are asleep and the one when you are awake. What I really liked were the characters. Charlie is a mental patient who sees two worlds. He sees his doctor but he changes into a horrible drooling toad. Everyone has a second form hence his stay in a mental institution. One day a new patient is admitted and Charlie does not see her second form. All he sees is a beautiful woman. As the story continues so does their friendship. Charlie al ...more
A.E.M. A.E.M.
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: awesome-authors
One of the things I loved the most about this book was the fact that I was equally intrigued about both of the worlds presented. I couldn’t wait to find out more about each one, and it kept me in a never ending excited loop. And of course the ending was a good combination of having some things resolved and leaving the door open about others. I’m hand over mouth about the rest, and I must end this before I blurt.
John
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: digital, reviews, sfbr
“‘The Sighted keep their abilities hidden,’ he informed me softly. ‘It is a Sighted parent’s responsibility to teach their child about our world, while teaching him to ignore what he sees in the Waking World. Occasionally a Sighted child is born to two Sightless parents. And they often end up in mental institutions, because no one is there to guide them. We call them the Lost.’”

Reviewed for San Francisco Book Review
4.5 out of 5 stars

"Dream Waters" follows the unlikely adventures of Charlie Olive
Michelle Baker
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“Dragons squash dreams.” From the corner of my eye, I watched her nervously search the room, like she was worried a dragon might be hidden somewhere, listening. Despite everything, I was curious. “What did dragons do to you?” I felt her shiver beside me. “Dragon,” she corrected softly, “singular. Deceived me. Used me. Destroyed me.”

Dream Waters is the first book in the series and I really hope the next one is released soon as this is a must read!

Charlie Oliver is a lifelong psychiatric patient,
Sally Lindsay-briggs
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was not the typical type of book I normally read. It was fantasy, the language was a little off colored in places. Despite that, it intriqued me. Well written, and like the author told me when she signed my book, "A cross between Harry Potter and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest". It was a story about Emma, a patient in a mental institution, her friend Charlie, her husband David, and another world, which is scary and soothing. That world is compelling. I am really looking forward to the seco ...more
Rebecca
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an incredible story. So original. It was unlike anything I've ever read. Beautiful world, well written story, and characters I instantly fell for. I really can't say enough good stuff. I won this book through Goodreads. I'm so happy I did. This is definitely a book I want to see more people reading. I can't wait for the next on. I loved the ending too. A truly one of a kind book that's so different from anything else out there. A must read.:)
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Dream Waters is the first book in the Dream Waters series, and straight away I can tell you that this is a book that is refreshing in its originality.

Charlie is the main character, and he has been a long term resident of a mental hospital. This is due to the fact that he can see people's dream forms in everyday life. He is a bit of a character, but tries to remain positive. His life gets more interesting when Emma shows up at the facility. He feels the need to protect her, but also admits to lik
Klara
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Even though the book had a bumpy start, I really liked reading Dream Waters. It's a funny read with intriguing and diverse character which really grew on me. There isn't much character development but it is the first book of a series and there was more character interaction and relationships than anything else really. It's the first time I read a book and I didn't mind sparse world-building. Here, ut really wasn't necessary and I loved how I got to know more about characters as the story moved o ...more
Leah
May 15, 2018 rated it liked it
A decently polished read with compelling characters, and some juicy mysteries. Knocking off a star for some gentle pacing issues, minor editing errors, lack of female agency, and how strongly it echoes Changeling (real link or not, it distracted me). But the issues didn't keep me from buying the rest of the books to see what happens next.
Terri Spencer
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is not YA Fantasy!!! I Pick up this book because Erin A. Jensen is a local author! I was not disappointed!! It's a good story, very original with characters that are instantly likable. And then there is the ending.... Wow!! I can't wait to start the next book!!
Chris White
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

Best books i have read in a while. I highly recommended reading this series of books wonderful. Waiting patiently for the fourth book to be published.
Natalie
I received this book as part of a goodreads giveaway.
I liked the concept of there being a dream world existing parallel to the waking world, and that it is possible for some people to walk both. The idea of people having separate forms that are visible within the dream world and, to a few, in the waking world, was also very intriguing. I found myself wondering what the form of the people I know would be, and hoping that mine wasn’t a drooling toad. However the story’s plot was lacking, with many
Debby (Alwaysbooking)
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was amazing!!! It is definitely adult Urban Fantasy Adult I would not list it as YA or NA. I don’t know why some people who complain about it are saying it’s YA it is not. There is some very mature content in this book, I would not be comfortable recommending it to anyone ages 15-18. Onto the review!!

This book is told by multiple POV’s, but you start out by following my favorite character Charlie. He is in a mental institution due to seeing things that no one else can see. Charlie can
M.M. Simons
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fantasy is a genre I haven't had a lot of success with in the past, but I found myself completely enthralled with this story, to the point where I couldn't stop make myself stop reading it. There is a depth and an intelligence to the series that makes it about so much more than dragons and fairies, without sacrificing interest. I highly recommend both this book and the second one (I eagerly await the third) for anyone who loves a good story with compelling characters. It's definitely not for fan ...more
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways, ya-sci-fi
I loved this book; I couldn't put it down. The author beautifully builds two worlds and blends them together in a wonderfully exciting way. The end left me with several questions unanswered, but I don't mind at all having to pick up book two to find out what happens next.

I received a free copy of this book from Goodreads Giveaways.
Kara
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was skeptical at first because I do not usually enjoy fantasy novels... but I found that once I started reading this book I could not put it down! I immediately fell in love with the characters. I was so intrigued and sad by the time it ended, I can't wait for the sequels to see what happens next.
Kate
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I do not usually read books in the fantasy genre but I really enjoyed this book. Once I started reading it I couldn't put it down! I found myself very drawn to the characters and story and became very invested in what happened to the characters often thinking about them when I wasn't reading the book. I would definitely recommend this book and can't wait to read the sequel!
Kathleen
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dream Waters immediately engages the reader, introducing an array of characters who must deal with unexpected events and revelations about their own identities. Jensen's well-developed characters and unpredictable plot make her novel a difficult book to put down. Dream Waters is an utterly enjoyable read!
Amy
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved Dream Waters!! Once I started, I could not put it down. The story was fascinating and the characters were so compelling that they drew me right in. I am really glad that this is the first in a series because I can't wait to read the rest!
Julie Bird
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story and where it is going. The only problem is there is way too much cursing (but in fairness, most of it is from an old guy with Teret's). Even so, I could do without that part, otherwise, well done.
Christine Vanneel
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book by new local Author ...a must read...Second book will be out hopefully no later than early Fall
Veronica Kane
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Easy read and the plot thickened at the end. I def did not see it coming. The writing is a bit.... 'Easy' as if she is a new writer. But great story line for fantasy enthusiasts!
Tinted Edges
Dec 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 - Check out my full review at https://tintededges.wordpress.com/201...
Cynthia B. Flaherty
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait to read the read the rest of the series. The fact that she is a local author is great, I couldn't put it down,
Kelly
Jun 20, 2018
Flux
Jan 31, 2018
Lorri
May 23, 2019
Sarah R
May 11, 2016
Making Connections: 5176. - DREAM WATERS (Dream Waters #1) by Erin A. Jensen 4 25 May 21, 2018 01:16PM

• Tempted by the Viscount (A Shadows and Silk Novel)
  • The Marriage Pact (Loving an Aldridge, #1)
  • Assassin's Soul (Angel Crusades, #1)
  • The Pursuit of Mrs. Pennyworth
  • Abandoned Love (Love Sick, #2)
  • Forgotten (The Deception Game, #2)
  • Dragon Equinox: A Reverse Harem Dragon Romance (Immortal Dragons Book 6)
  • Royal Ball (Pimpernel #2)
  • Ruthless (Nomad Outlaws Trilogy, #1)
  • Visionary New Years (Paranormal INC, #1.5)
  • Someday my Witch Will Come (Wicked Society, #2)
  • Narcosis Room
  • Killer Stakes (Immortal Kin, #2)
  • Mutation Z Series, Books 1-6: The Ebola Zombies, Closing the Borders, Protecting Our Own, Drones Overhead, Dragon in the Bunker, Desperate Measures
  • In A Faraway Land: Billionaires in Disguise: Flicka (Runaway Princess Bride, #3)
  • A Pilgrimage to Death (Reverend Cici Gurule Mysteries, #1)
  • The Songs of You and Me
  • Unorthodox Chemistry (The Unorthodox Trilogy #2)
Erin Jensen is the Amazon International bestselling author of The Dream Waters Series. She was awarded the Bronze Medal for fantasy fiction in the 2018 Readers’ Favorite international book award competition. She also received Honorable Mention for fantasy fiction in the 2018 Writer’s Digest self-published e-book awards.

A part-time pharmacist and a full-time creator of imaginary worlds, Erin lives

Dream Waters (2 books)
  • Dream World (Dream Waters #2)