Start by marking “Rainbows and Raindrops (A Rainbowland Novel, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rainbows and Raindrops (A Rainbowland Novel, #1)

Rainbows and Raindrops (A Rainbowland Novel, #1)

Before… They are the Musketeers–one for all and all for Rain, or however that saying goes.

Now that Rain's sixteen, freedom is at her fingertips. Cliff jumping at the lake. Rain’s first tattoo. Spence finally asking her out. With her friends by her side, there’s no reason Rain can’t be happy in a world that constantly tries to extinguish her addictive, carefree spirit.

Aft
Published April 18th 2016 by CookieLynn Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Rainbows and Raindrops, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rainbows and Raindrops

Glire
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
This is one of the most simplist book I've read in a while: Rain is the most happy person in the world. So, of course, she dress and paints her hair of all the colors of the rainbow (besides, her real name is Rainbow, how convenient). Then something bad happens and Rain is sad. So, of course, she wears all black now.

description

I almost stopped reading the moment when a character passed Rain a note stained with a teardrop. Yeah, I get he's sad. But come on! A note with teardrop stain? He's 17 years old!

I'm
Cassie Mae
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: group-read
A FAB young adult story. Laughed (but mostly cried) and the characters felt so real. Loved it.
J.A. Bennett
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of the best emotional journeys I've been through. The relationships in this book are on a whole other level. This isn't just a romance, it's a story of true friendship and making that friendship last. I hate to say I cried through a good portion, because then someone might think this is a sad book. It's not. Yes, there are sad parts, but it's so much more than sadness. It's transformation of a group of people. Even if it's a little broken in the end, it's still beautiful. And yes, I laughed ...more
Rachel Schieffelbein
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is such a wonderful read! I loved the dynamic of the friendships with Rain and her boys. I loved the unique format of past and present, and the mystery of what made Rain change so much. The character development is so well done.

If you want a book that will give you All The Feels, this is it!
Krista
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved Rain and how real she felt to me. I've experienced a hard loss and those emotions felt so honest and genuine. This was such am amazing book about loving who we are. You really realize how much we are changed by those we love. I cried several times while reading this and it was worth it. I highly recommend this book! :)
Andrea
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, bookcon-2016
Wow, wow, wow!!! What an awesome read! I actually didn't mind the flipping back and forth from "before" to currently and the characters were so loveable. I typically don't enjoy co-authored books (in fact, I loathe them) because I have never found the stories to be very seamless with the language and writing. However, my friend insisted that I try this one and I am SO GLAD I did!!! I absolutely canNOT wait to read the next one and find out all of Knox's secrets!

I think the dialogue was very smoo
Juliana
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved Rainbows and Raindrops! Such a great, emotional story. I haven't read a lot of contemp YA lately (other than epic fantasy) but this one was GREAT! Highly recommended!
Lenore Kosinski
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle

4.5 stars -- Oh you guys, this one just sucked me in and has now left me reeling... This book had ALL THE FEELS. I mean seriously, I didn't just bawl once, I bawled at least twice with little mini crying bits in between.

Don't get me wrong it wasn't all just a cry fest. It starts off really light and happy and I was just in love with the characters. The first scene in the book just made me happy and had me wanting to know more about this little band of misf
Trisha
Ummmm, I totally loved this book - it only loses one star because it had typos. Boooo. Thankfully it didn't have many, but when a book uses "then" instead of "than", even just once, that's an automatic 1-star deduction from me. From Chapter 5 on I made notes on my Kindle every time there was a typo and I got up to 12 notes by the end of the book, so really that's not bad, but still these things always jolt me out of the story a little. Thankfully they weren't a dealbreaker in this case.

Really, t
Debra Barstad
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Parts of it made me happy while other parts made me sad. The writing was easy to read and the story flowed well. I would recommend this book to anyone that likes young adult type books.
Amy (Lost in a Good Book)
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Note: I was provided with a copy of this book for review.

After reading the first few pages of this I was sure I wasn't going to love this book. I judged early and based on those first pages I thought that this girl Rain was going to become tiresome if she was that over the top through the whole story. She was a loud, over bearing extrovert that seemed to take up all the space, but my mind quickly changed. Once you understand, even before "the event", once you see her life and her situation and k
Tash
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Reviewed @ Confessions From Romaholics
Review copy kindly provided by author in exchange for a honest review

With a title like Rainbows and Raindrops a contradiction in itself, I was intrigued with this novel when I first heard about it and decided to take a chance on two new to me authors Morris and Lynn. They didn’t disappoint and it’s a coming of age life story about friendship and the highs and lows that comes with it.

Musketeers-one for all and all for Rain,

Rainbow aka Rain is a misfit, she a
Anita
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
A book recommended by one of my favorite authors (Cassie Mae), when she posted the pre-buy option on the book, I one-clicked, because well…I trust her. And she didn’t steer me wrong.

What I Loved: From the onset, I could tell I was going to love this book. Rainbow was such a fun, bright, outgoing and charismatic character, but she had a thirst of adventure and danger, a natural thrill seeker. Perhaps it was because she trying to live up to her name, or perhaps she would have always been that way
Jodie's W.I.N.E. List
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There have been very few books that I just couldn't finish, maybe 2-3 over the last 3 years. This book was close to becoming one of those. By the 10th chapter, I was wondering what the point of the story was going to be. It just seemed to be Rain, TJ, Spence, and Landon enjoying the summer before their junior year of high school. The purpose became apparent in chapter 13. That's when all my thoughts of this book changed. In the end, I realized that I needed the first 12 chapters to really unders ...more
Angela (Pooled Ink Reviews)
pooled ink Reviews:

I can’t tell you what I expected or hoped this book would be because I honestly didn’t know. I chose this book on an honest to goodness whim. I tend to mull over contemporary genre books more than other genres but for whatever reason I saw the cover, I read the blurb, and I was like yeah, let’s just go for it. And NetGalley approved me and yay! Sometimes good things in life indeed require a little risk. Rainbow and TJ understood that.

So this book is written in first person P
Amber Humphries
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

I am usually not a fan of multiple author books but I loved Rainbows & raindrops. They did a good job of making it seamless. I really liked the story and while a bit slow in the first few chapters I was totally hooked by the end. Highly recommend.
Laurie Laurion-lynch
Once again Jenny Morris has me captivated by her book. I really like the fact that there isn't a lot of foul language, or a lot of sexiness. Rainbows and Raindrops is just a really good read, a great summer book. Worst part of this book is having to wait for the next installment in September.
Jessica
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A bit too slow for my taste

I felt this dragged too much and I really didn't like the MC at all. So I just didn't connect with the story or any of the characters.
Jennifer Rayes
Feb 01, 2018
Sandi
Jun 08, 2016
Kelley Lynn
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Suzi
Mar 09, 2016
Apr 29, 2016
Jessica Salyer
Apr 05, 2016
YA author with genre commitment issues.

Eventually the day came when the voices in Kelley Lynn’s head were more insistent then her engineering professor’s. So instead of turning to her Thermodynamics book, Kelley brought up a blank page on her computer screen and wrote.

You can find Kelley hanging out at her facebook page. She loves talking to readers at authorkelleylynn@gmail.com.