Start by marking “The Dirt Bike Detective” as Want to Read:

Read Book

The Dirt Bike Detective

Ghosts, aliens, zombies, secret agents, and it’s only the first week of school—it’s going to be a long year.

This tale is told through the eyes of Oliver, a twelve-year-old boy, with a large birthmark on his right cheek, who desperately wants to fit in with his classmates.

When Oliver’s great grandfather’s pocket watch is confiscated at school, Rave
Published 2016 by Iconicon

To ask other readers questions about The Dirt Bike Detective, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dirt Bike Detective

Start your review of The Dirt Bike Detective
AudioBookReviewer
My original The Dirt Bike Detective audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

🏆🎧 ABR Reviewer's Choice Award Winner

Oliver wants to impress his history teacher so he swipes his great grandfathers pocket watch and from that one bad decision and a bully at school, Oliver’s life changes. Chase, a new student tries to save Oliver from the bully but only makes things worse, the watch comes up missing along with a teacher and Anna “three names” seems to have a crush on Oliv
Zack Robbins
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The dirt bike detective by Douglas L. Hoover is personally one of my favorite books. The book is action packed and makes you attached to reading it. The main setting through out the book takes place at the fancy Raven Ridge Academy school in Colorado. Oliver the main character who is 12 years old and self conscious of his birthmark on his face struggles to find his real friends. Through out the book Oliver and his new group of true friends investigate the school in search for the thief and to fi ...more
Katie Dominguez
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous read! My oldest son and I both read the hardback version when it came out last year and loved it. We wanted the rest of the family to enjoy it as well, so we downloaded the audio version for a road trip last week and got to enjoy it again! It is a fun adventure with tons of suspense and humor. The characters are well-developed and lovable. Highly recommend it!
Joan
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This story is remarkable. It has many facets, which are all skillfully tied together. I wondered about a book for junior high kids that was almost 400 pages long, but there is so much action, so many well-developed zany characters, that it is hard to stop reading.

The main character, who is self-conscious of a birthmark on his face, finds his real friends pay it no notice.

The new kid who saves the day more than once is a bit unreal, but a lot of fun.

There is only one
Liz
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I won a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway.
This is a fun book. It has interesting characters that seem like real kids. The action is plentiful and filled with all sorts of exciting and spooky adventures that will appeal to the young reader. It moves fast and has a nice ending with lots of hints of further stories to come. I plan on passing this along to a tween in my family that I know will enjoy it.
Samantha Gunning
Jan 04, 2017 marked it as to-read
I won this book via Goodreads Firstreads Giveaway. I received an autographed hardcover copy.
Olga
Feb 20, 2017 added it
interesting with lots of twists and turns; a nice and light read, couldnt stop reading this book.
Ray Simmons
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Move over Hogwarts and Harry Potter! There’s a new school with a lot of mysterious events going on and there’s a new kid who is as much a hero as Harry, only he’s a detective, not a wizard. In, The Dirt Bike Detective, Douglas L. Hoover has put together a very likable ensemble of kids and they are a little more accessible for me personally than the kids in the Harry Potter books, simply because they are so American. Raven Ridge Academy is located in a small town in Colorado of the same name. It ...more
Felicia
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
really a good book
Katie Dominguez
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kirsten
rated it did not like it
Feb 20, 2018
Jan 21, 2019
Mike Snell
Dec 14, 2016
Douglas Hoover
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Udit
Tima
Go Carts For Kids 1 1 Nov 06, 2017 04:54AM

• Klatremus og de andre dyr i Hakkebakkeskoven
  • The Woodland Folk in Dragonland
  • Biblioteksmysteriet (LasseMajas detektivbyrå, #13)
  • The Baby Swap
  • Santa Claus and His Elves
  • Arabella, mereröövli tütar
  • Prohibido leer a Lewis Carroll
  • Sacred Cows: A Lighthearted Look at Belief and Tradition Around the World
  • Disney Pixar - Monsters, Inc. (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Jälle need naksitrallid. Esimene ja teine raamat