Start by marking “Point of Origin (Legacy, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Point of Origin (Legacy, #0.5)

Point of Origin

(Legacy 0.5)

In Legacy, Colorado, our inheritance is simple: Fire and Heartbreak.
Sebastian Vargas…he’s both.
He was my best friend. My first love. My everything.
Until he was my nothing.
It’s been ten years since the wildfire that turned our small town to ashes, taking the lives of our fathers and their elite hotshot crew.
Six years since Bash disappeared with my heart.
Published March 6th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Point of Origin, please sign up.
Julie There's a novella called "Backfire" in the Beaus & Arrows collection that came out on Feb 6th.…moreThere's a novella called "Backfire" in the Beaus & Arrows collection that came out on Feb 6th. (less)

Start your review of Point of Origin (Legacy, #0.5)
London
Mar 08, 2016 marked it as hell-fucking-no
Wait wait wait...let me guess. The hero leaves without a word for some selfless reason but never stopped loving the heroine. However, he also never stopped sticking his dick into other women during the separation.

So. Fucking. Sick. Of. This.

Claire Robinson
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4.5 - "You were my wildest dream, and for a while, you came true." Stars!

A new series by Rebecca Yarros, about men who fight fire… SIGN. ME. UP! And although Point of Origin is only novella length, it didn’t disappoint with Emerson and Bash’s second chance reconnection.

Sebastian Vargas left town six years ago, to take his place on a Hotshot team in another state. Problem is the night before he took the virginity of the girl he loved, and then left her in his bed the following morning without
Nicola
Jul 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Point of Origin offers a strong and promising start to Rebecca Yarros’ Legacy series. I love a firefighter and here we have several, who bring huge future potential for the hotshots of Legacy, Colorado.

description

Everything I could want from a full-length read is packed into this novella with a story which was sexy, heartfelt and full of hope. Both Emmy and Bash have suffered the loss of their fathers in the wildfire that obliterated Legacy several years prior, but both are incredibly strong-willed and
Irene
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Sizzling stars

Point of Origin – After six years, Sebastian Vargas is home, fighting to restart the elite team of firefighters known as the Legacy Hotshot Crew, but it’s the girl he left behind that could leave him burned.

Point of Origin was a great start to the new Legacy Series by the talented Rebecca Yarros.

From the first page I was hooked, I couldn't put it down.
The storyline is entertaining, emotional and heartfelt with great relatable and likable characters .
It will bring out all the
Lea ★
*Arc kindly provided by SFab PR*
HOT GUY ALERT!

This is a great start to a promising new series - Legacy.
I mean, what's not to like? A whole series dedicated to hot firefighters? Hell yes! I am in!
If you are looking for a small town, second chance romance, look no further.

I read it in one sitting and I really wish there was more to this story.
This was basically an introduction. We get to see a whole background picture of little town called Legacy.
Bash and Emerson caught my attention right from
Michelle
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Point of Origin was my first book by Rebecca Yarros, but it won't be the last. This is the prequel to her new Legacy series and I can't wait to read the rest of it. Six years after Sebastian (Bash) Vargas walked away from the town of Legacy and left Emerson (Emmy) Kendrick with a broken heart he's back with the hopes of honoring the legacy of the hot shot firefighters who lost their lives including his father and Emmy's father.

One
I finished this story by sheer force of will. I should have stayed far, far away after reading the blurb, but I couldn't help myself. I enjoyed Full Measures (even though the H in that story was sort of a jerk, too), so I decided to give this a shot.

Let's just say I couldn't stand the MCs. There actually wasn't too much character development, but I didn't like the little there was. The h was ridiculous in how she loved but hated the H, was so attracted to him, and "gosh, why does he have to be
Mari
I forgot this novella was out glad to have rectified that. Love a good second chance romance and a good hero. Rebecca Yarros writing always has a way of getting my attention. Her heroes are usually the ones in the line of fire, here that is pretty literal. Firefighters are always first on the the scene and a recent huge fire currently brings home how brave these people are.

Legacy is rebuilding after a huge fire that burnt most of the town. Much like any place trying to get back on their feet
Daisy
Jul 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Kim
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

I'm honestly not sure how this book has been sitting on my iPad for over a year now. I love Rebecca's books. I tend to devour them the minute I get the ARCs or buy them. But, here we are... I'm not all that sad, however, because I did give me a good excuse to binge both novellas over the weekend.

Second chance romances are my jam, so I was excited to see that's what this first Legacy story was about. I really liked Emmy, but it took me some time
Cocktails and Books
Can I say I wish Bash and Emerson's story was full length instead of a novella? I absolutely loved them and would have loved more. That said....Rebecca Yarros did a fabulous job of setting up her new Hot Shot firefighting series. We learned the backstory of Legacy and the hows/whys of getting the new crew together. I can't wait for more, especially Knox and Harper.
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really really love all of Rebbeca Yarros' books I've read so far.
This one is another amazing example of her amazing writing.
I love Bash and Emerson's story.
Garden Of REden
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*REVIEWED BY CASSIE*

Rebecca proved herself worthy of writing men who display self over service better than any other fictitious men out there with her Flight & Glory series. As if we couldn’t take any more of those flyboys, she gave us a larger than life “hotshot” firefighter and a slew of others just waiting to have their stories be written. Not to mention this book, albeit short, has enormous and palpable grief, courage, and hope from the characters whether primary or secondary.

Emerson,
Darcy
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, romance, e-book, rw
I was so so on the romance of this one. What really interested me was the history of the town, the painful past that they lived through. I'm sort of surprised that the town didn't implode in the aftermath, instead it seemed like they stuck together. I did like the new start the town has and look forward to seeing more of residents that left come back.
Ana
Oct 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
It’s a long time since I’ve read the last books by R.Y and I loved them all. But this one was just to boring but the worst was that the romance was not there.The book is to short to give our protagonists a chance to be a love story.
Heidi Marvin
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love!

I just love Rebecca's style of writing, how her words flow. I was instantly drawn into this story and quickly fell in love with Emerson and Bash. A quick, fun read.
BethyMac
Jul 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016
I am a huge fan of Rebecca Yarros, I fell in love with her Flight & Glory series so when I saw she had a new series coming and it was hot fire fighters I knew I had to check it out. This one may have only been a bit of a teas of what’s to come with these hot guys, but it was enough to know I am now hooked and counting the days till Ignite is released.

Sebastian (Bash) Vargas took off to California 6 years ago leaving Emmerson (Emmy) heartbroken. He just up and left, no goodbye and now other
Cassie
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Emerson, aka Emmy, is the kind
Dísir
The ratings pulled me in and thinking that it was a novella made the deal sweeter because of how easy it would be to finish the story and be in time for dinner.

I couldn't have been more wrong and struggled to read on because the main characters irked me so much - one simply allowed lust to overcome six years of heartbreak while another swanned in like he owned the town when he'd cut and left like nothing - that I barely made it through at all. That Emerson so easily let Bash back into her pants
Jill M
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was originally read in the Possess anthology.

Even as a novella there was nothing short in this story. We learned of the past and history of this small town and their hot shot crew. It wasn’t hard to keep track of things like some first books but was the perfect start to the new Legacy Series. From the first page I was hooked. I needed/wanted more.

Bash was sex on a stick with a hint of arrogance while Emmy was a smart and confident woman. Together they ignited into a wildfire. They were both
Brina (Brina and the Books)
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, favorites, 2016
4 Stars

What a fun and great novella. What a great start to a new series! I loved Emmy and Bash. <3 I truly hope that I get to read more of this couple in future novels!

Well done, Rebecca! I can't wait to start Ignite.

The copy was provided by Sassy Savvy Fabulous PR.
Lindsay Ploshnick
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rising from the ashes

What a great way to start a new series. I love Rebecca's flight and glory series so I easily one clicked this book. It was great from start to finish. I really liked Emerson's determination throughout the whole book. She knew what Bash was and who he was, and loved him regardless of knowing there was an expiration date. I look forward to Knox's book!
Natalie
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Natalie by: Maike
Shelves: faves, novellas
I read this in one sitting. The sexual tension of this couple was super intense and it's about firefighters so hot. Pun intended. I think the story was really interesting though, how they were rebuilding something that was lost in the fire.

Also, Maike this was all your fault. I wouldn't have found this book if it wasn't for you.
HMS
Mar 31, 2016 rated it liked it
This is one of two novellas introducing the hotshot firefighters of Legacy, Colorado. The tragic past of the town is outlines and a past romance comes full circle. A nice light and quick read.
Natasha at Book Baristas
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Read this when it released -- holy hotness!!!! SO good!!!! This series of novellas is slowly killing me and I am here for them!
Megan  ~The Never Ending Book Basket
There are many things that I have come to know in my life, and at the top of that list is the fact that I know without a doubt that Rebecca Yarros is one of the most talented and wonderful authors on the planet. Every single time I have sat down to read one of her stories, I have mentally prepared myself for the level of thoughtfully crafted emotion and how utterly consumed I will become by what she weaves together with her unforgettable characters. You see I know when I sit down to read a story ...more
Michelle
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Legacy, Colorado suffered a tragic incident that forever changed this small town. Ten years after the fire that destroyed the town and left widows and orphans in its wake; the second generation of Hot Shots return home.

Point of Origin is a second chance novella that is filled with emotions! After Sebastian disappeared without a word, Emerson was left broken. When he resurfaces, he presents his plan to restore the Hot Shot crew to the town that seems to have been on pause since the day tragedy
Julia
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
So I wrote my reviews a little out of order, I obviously read this before .75 of Legacy, but I'm going to comment on this like it's my last Rebecca Yarros, because now I don't have any more until we get more of her Renegades series. I've been trying to track down her 1984 novel but can't find it online to buy, so I'm definitely jonesing.

I'm not sure how I feel about the failed romance, let's get back together years later, because we have both changed and are fated to be together. I think I can
Colleen
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A second chance love story.

I loved this book. It was a second chance love story about Sebastian and Emerson who are children of a Hotshot fire crew whose fathers died in a horrific fire. The fire killed 18 hotshot firefighters and burned the town down also. Sebastian buys land that is part of the town but in order to rebuild, he has to get 60% of the hotshots original children of the legacy. Emerson has not seen Sebastian since he left her 6 years ago. She is surprised when he shows up at the
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Boy in Luv (In Luv Duet, #2)
  • Girl in Luv (In Luv Duet, #1)
  • Downfall
  • Changing Course (Wrecked and Ruined, #1)
  • Release
  • Finding Dandelion (Dearest, #2)
  • Unravel Me (Unravel Me, #1)
  • Twisted Loyalties (The Camorra Chronicles, #1)
  • Chameleon Aura
  • I Hope My Voice Doesn't Skip
  • King of Hearts (Hearts, #3)
  • Going Under (The Blackhawk Boys #3)
  • War of Hearts
  • Justified / It's All About That Cowboy (Loveless, Texas #1)
  • Save Me (The Archer Brothers, #3)
  • Hearts of Blue (Hearts, #4)
  • Dearest Clementine (Dearest, #1)
  • The Christmas Secret (Christmas Hope, #5)
Rebecca Yarros is a hopeless romantic and a lover of all things coffee, chocolate, and Paleo. She is the author of the Flight & Glory series, including Full Measures, the award-winning Eyes Turned Skyward, Beyond What is Given, and Hallowed Ground. Her new Renegade Series features Wilder and the upcoming Nova, and is sure to keep your heart pounding. She loves military heroes, and has been ...more

Legacy (2 books)
  • Ignite (Legacy, #0.75)
“Nope. I barely cracked the bottle. Want to taste my breath to make sure?” His eyes sparked, the gold flecks in the hazel catching in the streetlight.
“You mean smell?” I folded my arms over my chest.
“No, I said what I meant,” he smirked.”
2 likes
“There’s no difference between me and them, Bash.”
“Yes, there is.”
“And what is that?”
“I’m not in love with them!” Well, shit. That was not how I intended that to come out.”
2 likes